Thread: Giant Seagull Invades Melbourne News Bulletin

Giant Seagull Invades Melbourne News Bulletin

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertain...-news-bulletin

A giant seagull did its best to ruffle the feathers of Channel Nine newsreader Peter Hitchener last night, but the veteran did not even bat an eyelid.

The unscheduled intrusion happened a few minutes into the 6pm news in Melbourne as Hitchener was reading a story about an underworld murder committed in 1982.

The image of an oversized seagull suddenly appeared behind Hitchener's head, caused by the bird walking in front of the camera Nine has positioned to capture the cityscape.

But Hitchener did not even flinch as the seagull rolled up, paused next to his head, and exited quickly left of screen.

"I was reading away, and it was a serious story, and I suddenly thought, 'Oh my gosh that seagull's back again', because we had bit of a problem last night,'' he told Melbourne radio after the bulletin.

"About 50 seconds to six o'clock this seagull arrived and started pecking at the camera and it had the beadiest huge eyes you've ever seen in your life.''

Hitchener said the cameramen in the studio had to duck for cover to hide their laughter.

Earlier this week ABC news presenter Virginia Trioli apologised after being caught on-air pulling a face at a Coalition senator Barnaby Joyce while twirling a finger around her ear.

Trioli made the gesture on the News Breakfast program, just moments after Joyce finished talking about the federal government's climate change plans.

Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.<br />

the color nine

Re: Giant Seagull Invades Melbourne News Bulletin

:lol:

:lol: At first I thought the guy was going to be on location and a giant seagull was actually next to his head. But that was just hilarious. I wish he would have just stayed there and been all seagull like the entire time.&nbsp; :-D
    Oh nooooooo your tires all flat and junk.

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia

I love this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

:lol: :lol:

Thread Information