Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Woman becomes first person banned from EVERY pub and club in the country

the color nine

Woman becomes first person banned from EVERY pub and club in the country

A woman has become the first person to be banned from buying or drinking alcohol anywhere in England and Wales.

Laura Hall, 20, was issued with a Drinking Banning Order  -  nicknamed Booze Asbos  -  which bars her from entering any pub, club, off-licence or bar.

The two-year order also bans Hall from buying alcohol at any other establishment or shop, carrying it in an unsealed container or drinking it in a public place.

Police applied to magistrates after Hall was convicted of breaching an Asbo imposed for drink-related anti-social behaviour.

She has been convicted of a series of public order offences, and had flouted bans from pubs and clubs through local Pub-Watch schemes in her home town of Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Kidderminster Magistrates' Court heard yesterday that Hall faces a £2,500 fine if she breaks the conditions of the order.

Sergeant David Roberts, of West Mercia Police, said: 'There have been some Drinking Banning Orders issued already but this is the first to be issued on a nationwide basis.

'It bans Laura Hall from drinking or buying alcohol in any licensed premises across England and Wales. The conditions will also help to protect the public from the anti-social effects of Laura's behaviour.'

Officers applied for a DBO rather than another Asbo because Hall would be at risk of prison if she breached it again.

'We want to rehabilitate her rather than send her straight to jail, and hope the banning order will help Laura address her problems,' he said.
    Under the terms of the order, Hall must attend an approved alcohol-misuse course. If she completes it without breaching any of its terms, the DBO could be lifted after 12 months.

Since their introduction in September, police and local authorities can ask magistrates to impose the orders on anyone responsible for alcohol-fuelled crime or anti- social behaviour to stop them drinking or entering licensed premises.

They cannot be issued to anyone with mental health problems or alcoholics.

But Rachel Seabrook, spokesman for the Institute of Alcohol Studies, said: 'I think most of the disorder problems we see around alcohol reflects a lack of police enforcement powers and policing laws.

'I am not opposed in principle but I do have doubts about whether it's a realistic thing to enforce. How can a police officer in, say Wales, know whether this women has been banned if she turns up in his town?'

A study by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation last year found that female binge drinking had almost doubled over the last decade. According to Government statistics, the number of women involved in alcohol-related crime rose 30 per cent between 2005 and 2007.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266298/Woman-person-banned-EVERY-pub-club-country.html#ixzz0lnSVRcqa

Re: Woman becomes first person banned from EVERY pub and club in the country

Holy cow.  :lol:  I agree though, I don't know how they can enforce that.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

the color nine

The conditions will also help to protect the public from the anti-social effects of Laura's behaviour.
    I really want to know what she has done or does.  It doesn't sound like she's a lover when drunk. :lol:

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=25083.msg1603385#msg1603385 date=1271908423]
    I really want to know what she has done or does.  It doesn't sound like she's a lover when drunk. :lol:
    [/quote]

I know!  I wish it would specify what she did. 
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

what is the legal age over there?

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

[quote author=Its Me De link=topic=25083.msg1603388#msg1603388 date=1271908549]
    what is the legal age over there?
    [/quote]

On a quick google it looks like 18.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

I read this this morning and loled: http://dlisted.com/node/36954
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

the color nine

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=25083.msg1603391#msg1603391 date=1271908798]
    [/quote]

S[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=25083.msg1603391#msg1603391 date=1271908798]
    [/quote]

Yep, not a lover.

The decision was made after Laura was busted by the cops on April 11th for being a violent drunken mess. This was the 26th time Laura got into trouble for disorderly conduct

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25083.msg1603373#msg1603373 date=1271907865]
    Holy cow.  :lol:  I agree though, I don't know how they can enforce that.
    [/quote]

They do that here, too.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25083.msg1603455#msg1603455 date=1271913065]

They do that here, too.
    [/quote]

They ban people from going in any bar or liquor store in the country?

I confess every time I see this thread come up I lol.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25083.msg1603459#msg1603459 date=1271913228]
    They ban people from going in any bar or liquor store in the country?

I confess every time I see this thread come up I lol.

[/quote]

Here it can be a condition of probation.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25083.msg1603463#msg1603463 date=1271913374]

Here it can be a condition of probation.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I have heard of that. Just as hard to enforce here as there I'm guessing.  :lol:

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25083.msg1603464#msg1603464 date=1271913427]
    Yeah, I have heard of that. Just as hard to enforce here as there I'm guessing.  :lol:
    [/quote]

I guess it depends on how big of a town it is.  :lol:

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25083.msg1603469#msg1603469 date=1271913687]
    I guess it depends on how big of a town it is.  :lol:
    [/quote]

Who says she has to stay in town? It's a big country.

Now that you talk about probation, if that's what this is, it's a very dramatic way of putting it. Quite the attention grabbing headline.

Although didn't it say she's allowed to drink at home? I think for probation here they can't drink at all.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25083.msg1603471#msg1603471 date=1271913788]

Now that you talk about probation, if that's what this is, it's a very dramatic way of putting it. Quite the attention grabbing headline.

Although didn't it say she's allowed to drink at home? I think for probation here they can't drink at all.
    [/quote]
    They do the same thing here. I have a friend that's dealt with it. They have a random piss test, so if your color comes up you go to the courthouse. If you don't show or piss hot, it's jail and/or fine. It's bullshit. It's a legal substance. It's like saying they can't have cheese.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=25083.msg1603479#msg1603479 date=1271914232]
    They do the same thing here. I have a friend that's dealt with it. They have a random piss test, so if your color comes up you go to the courthouse. If you don't show or piss hot, it's jail and/or fine. It's bullshit. It's a legal substance. It's like saying they can't have cheese.
    [/quote]

How often do they test?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25083.msg1603471#msg1603471 date=1271913788]

[/quote]

Yeah, I found the wording on all of that strange. I didn't see anywhere that said she could drink at home. It's been a REALLY long day. I took this to mean it was in addition to not drinking. Like she can't go anywhere for dinner that serves alcohol.

Here is what I did see

Laura Hall, 20, was issued with a Drinking Banning Order  -  nicknamed Booze Asbos  -  which bars her from entering any pub, club, off-licence or bar.

The two-year order also bans Hall from buying alcohol at any other establishment or shop, carrying it in an unsealed container or drinking it in a public place.

Which could be an addition to not being able to drink at home.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=25083.msg1603479#msg1603479 date=1271914232]
    [/quote]

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25083.msg1603482#msg1603482 date=1271914437]
    How often do they test?
    [/quote]

Depends on how often your color comes up.

I would like to say that this chick is hot, and I figured it would be some skag with 5 teeth. :lol:

So this is really not the big deal that it's being made out to be.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25083.msg1603491#msg1603491 date=1271914839]
    [/quote]

It's probably a big deal to her.  :lol:

http://www.tasc.org/preview/index.html

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25083.msg1603495#msg1603495 date=1271914890]
    It's probably a big deal to her.  :lol:

http://www.tasc.org/preview/index.html
    [/quote]

It must not be something they do there, though. She's the first.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25083.msg1603491#msg1603491 date=1271914839]
    [/quote]
    Not at all. :lol:
    It's all in how they phrased it. So either the reporter didn't do their research, or they're sensationalizing this on purpose.

You have to call that place every day to find out what the color is. If your color comes up, you go drop. You have to pay with a money order, too. They don't accept cash.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25083.msg1603502#msg1603502 date=1271915183]
    You have to call that place every day to find out what the color is. If your color comes up, you go drop. You have to pay with a money order, too. They don't accept cash.
    [/quote]

Ugh. I'd rather go to jail than have to make a phone call every day.

Thread Information