Thread: Grant Dean Lynch (18) Took his own life, but method is unknown

Grant Dean Lynch (18) Took his own life, but method is unknown

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/01/10/Grant_Dean_Lynch_(18)_took_his_own_life,_but_the_m ethod_is_unknown

I really can't stand when more details aren't readily available. Has anyone been able to uncover anything else about this guy? My search has turned up empty. I'm interested to find out what his reasons were. He seems like a normal attractive guy in his pic. But as we all know thats never the case.

Re: Grant Dean Lynch (18) Took his own life, but method is unknown

I thought it said Great Dane Lynch at first.

Re: Grant_Dean_Lynch_(18)_took_his_own_life method unknown

edit: never mind.

"Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

people just dont think. period. it's like....i wouldn't really expect people to find me on MDS per se, because it's not as widely known and also it doesn't really have any of my personal information on it.

But myspace?? come on. everyone is on myspace. everyone.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=missberi link=topic=3915.msg143438#msg143438 date=1168632174]
    ha ha...i never understood why people had pix of drugs in the "view pic" section.Â* what if like ur boss saw it....dumb ass
    [/quote]

and, what an odd cartoon to have as one of the pictures....

did the original link say "lunch" instead of lynch? I swear it did.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=3915.msg143485#msg143485 date=1168636582]
    did the original link say "lunch" instead of lynch? I swear it did.
    [/quote]

:lol:

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=3915.msg143464#msg143464 date=1168634513]
    and, what an odd cartoon to have as one of the pictures....

[/quote] i stole this and posted it to my bf's myspace. he'll like it

Amy's taste > Tara's

then maybe you'll like this one too...

haha yeah ive seen that one before. :)

Amy's taste > Tara's

Back to this kid....he doesn't really seem all that suicidal from his near-empty myspace.  Do we for sure know that it was suicide?  Maybe he was just f#cking around with pills because he was bored...

How  can you tell someone is suicidal or not by an empty myspace??

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=3915.msg143510#msg143510 date=1168637764]
    HowÂ* can you tell someone is suicidal or not by an empty myspace??
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: word.

I meant that in comparison with many of the other suicides on here...with the depression blogs and whatnot.

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=3915.msg142025#msg142025 date=1168539392]
    I thought it said Great Dane Lynch at first.
    [/quote]

Your siggie scared me, MC. I didn't see the Hoot Hoot pop up but I didn't think it was there at first, I just noticed it was there. So I waited for it to go away. But it didn't and I was like WTF Was that Hoot Hoot there the whole time??? Omigod, what's HAPPENING???

So I just refreshed the page and it was all good. :oops:
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=3915.msg143527#msg143527 date=1168638381]
    Your siggie scared me, MC. I didn't see the Hoot Hoot pop up but I didn't think it was there at first, I just noticed it was there. So I waited for it to go away. But it didn't and I was like WTF Was that Hoot Hoot there the whole time??? Omigod, what's HAPPENING???

So I just refreshed the page and it was all good. :oops:
    [/quote]

Weirdo! Can I touch your nads?

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=3915.msg143889#msg143889 date=1168704751]
    Weirdo! Can I touch your nads?
    [/quote]

Since you changed your scary siggie, yes, you can touch my nads. 

A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

His obit.. Poking around for more info now..

Grant Dean Lynch   
    Of Milton, formerly of Dorchester, January 13, 2006. Beloved son of Dean J. and Joan C. (Nee) Lynch of Milton. Loving brother of Clinton Lynch and Jordan Lynch, both of Milton. Cherished grandson of Jean (Mullen) Lynch of Manchester and the late James Lynch, Mathias and Mary (Sullivan) Nee. Grant is also survived by many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated in St. Mark's Church, 1725 Dorchester Avenue, Dorchester, Monday January 16 at 10:00 AM. Relatives and friends invited. Visiting hours at Dolan Funeral Home, 460 Granite Avenue, MILTON, Sunday 5-8 PM. Interment Cedar Grove Cemetery, Dorchester. In lieu of flowers, donations in Grant's memory may be made to Animal Rescue League of Boston, 10 Chandler St., Boston, 02116. For information and directions, www.dolanfuneral.com

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=3915.msg143440#msg143440 date=1168632317]
    people just dont think. period. it's like....i wouldn't really expect people to find me on MDS per se, because it's not as widely known and also it doesn't really have any of my personal information on it.

But myspace?? come on. everyone is on myspace. everyone.
    [/quote]

A lot of kids don't realize grownups look at myspace and actually have their own accounts!Â* My kids' friends are always surprised to find out I'm on there.Â* One of my daughter's friends was like "OMG my mom would freak if she saw my page!Â* Thank God she doesn't ever use the computer!"Â* Guess what, kids, we're not as dumb as you think we are.Â*

I read an article a while back that many companies are now searching sites such as MS to find out more about prospective employees.Â* And there was a news article recently about a newscaster(?) who lost his job because someone had posted a picture of him getting out of the shower on their page.Â* MS immediately removed the picture, but by then it was too late.

[quote author=mm123 link=topic=3915.msg146975#msg146975 date=1168921067]
    A lot of kids don't realize grownups look at myspace and actually have their own accounts!  My kids' friends are always surprised to find out I'm on there.  One of my daughter's friends was like "OMG my mom would freak if she saw my page!  Thank God she doesn't ever use the computer!"  Guess what, kids, we're not as dumb as you think we are. 

I read an article a while back that many companies are now searching sites such as MS to find out more about prospective employees.  And there was a news article recently about a newscaster(?) who lost his job because someone had posted a picture of him getting out of the shower on their page.  MS immediately removed the picture, but by then it was too late.
    [/quote]

I actually just read a similar article about a month ago. There's a whole bunch of college grads apparently not getting their coveted entry-level jobs because their potential bosses are searching for them on myspace and facebook and stuff and seeing how much they party, and basically assume that they won't be a dependable worker.

[quote author=Tonya1982 link=topic=3915.msg147083#msg147083 date=1168925929]
    I actually just read a similar article about a month ago. There's a whole bunch of college grads apparently not getting their coveted entry-level jobs because their potential bosses are searching for them on myspace and facebook and stuff and seeing how much they party, and basically assume that they won't be a dependable worker.
    [/quote]

My son actually got a job this week because of a similar situation.  A new business in town was looking for delivery help and sent me (cause I'm old?) a friend invite on MS.  I forwarded it to my son who did not get a friend invite from them (probably because he's a musician and into dead stuff).  He hooked up with the people and starts tomorrow.  He doesn't have a pierced face or long hair - he acutally looks normal.  But yeah, he has Six Feet Under stuff, dead Civil War people, etc. all over his page so he probably doesn't give the impression of your typical college graduate with a brain.  I guess if a person doesn't want future employers, parents, etc. looking at their MS he should make it private.

The family didn't want to release anything because. they want us the people who knew him to keep the memories we had of him not of his death but of his life. He had his problems and unfortunately lost his battle with his Illness (depression) Maybe to some people it can be seen as a coward way out but, when you are in that mind set you cant see a way out. However, almost 8 years later it still pains me knowing that one of my best friends is not here and I don't see why you need to know the reasons why someone did this and he has always had problems but he was an amazing person. We miss him everyday and nothing not even talking about how he died will bring anyone peace.

it wasn't pills that killed him and it was not because he was bored

things tothink about

Just because, some people take their own life because; they are known to be suicidal does not mean that everyone who will commit suicide will actually tell people that they are having problems. Usually the ones who due actually commit suicide are the ones who never told anyone that there was something wrong. Therefore when people tell you that they are going to do it then they are more likely asking for help without actually talking about it at first

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Hello Babykris. So sorry for your loss. It sounds like Grant was very loved. The hurt of losing someone, especially so young and so tragically never goes away. Nobody means any harm here. A lot of us struggle to try to make sense of why people take their own life. And I guess the quest to find answers sometimes helps us to understand. We have a thread on here dedicated to helping people who are contemplating suicide in hopes of preventing it.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss and our hearts go out to you and Grant's Family & friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information