Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica Savarese (14) was struck and killed while attempting to cross the street

Jessica Savarese (14) was struck and killed while attempting to cross the street

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/01/11/Jessica_Savarese_(14)_was_struck_and_killed_while_ attempting_to_cross_the_street

K. Why was a 14 year old out walking on the streets at 11 pm? I wasnt allowed to leave my own room at 14!

Re: Jessica Savarese (14) was struck and killed while attempting to cross the street

//look both ways?
    Boring game.

Re: Jessica Savarese (14) was struck and killed while attempting to cross the street

Wow, she looks a lot like:

Not anymore.

HA!! She totally looks like Punky! Except Henry would never let Punky walk the streets at 11pm.
    Thats probably why Punky was never squished by a car....... although that would have made a great after school special

Meanies! Be nice, she was a baby!

Re: Jessica Savarese (14) was struck and killed while attempting to cross the st

Was she jade walking?

The article doesn't really say what she was doing or who she was with. Could very well b that some others were there. Sounds like more of an attempt to find the bastard who hit and run rather than describing the specifics.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

Re: Jessica Savarese (14) was struck and killed while attempting to cross the st

[quote author=FemeFatality link=topic=3875.msg141968#msg141968 date=1168538056]
    Was she jade walking?
    [/quote] :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

JESSICA AND THE SLEEPOVER

Five days before Messiah Lovelady was killed crossing a street in broad daylight, Jessica Savarese was killed crossing a street at night.

Jessica (known as Jayy to her friends) and her two friends, Tiffany Zinnanti, 15, and Melissa Fick, 15, left a pizza parlor close to 11 p.m. on May 7, and were walking along the south side of Hempstead Turnpike. Jessica, a freshman at H. Frank Carey High School in Franklin Square, was going to a sleepover at Melissa's house.

Near Claflin Boulevard, the three girls decided to cross. They got to the double yellow line, when Melissa and Tiffany noticed a car going fast in the westbound lane. They stopped, but Jessica kept walking and broke into a run to try and make it to the curb. Her friends watched in horror as the car struck her. Her body was thrown into the air and landed on the side of the road. The girl with the million dollar smile, who loved the color purple and planned to go to college in Florida, was most probably killed instantly.

There were no tire marks indicating the car even braked. It just kept going.

Damage at the scene included a broken passenger side headlight assembly directional, common on the Ford Taurus sedan or wagon 1989-91 models. (But those headlights can be retrofitted to other years.) Detective Gary Ferucci of the Nassau Police Department says that based on the significant damage, whoever hit Jessica would know they hit something.

Headed by Ferucci, Nassau police gave flyers to patrol units, fire departments and taxi companies. Anthony Savarese purchased a list of auto body shops within a 30-mile radius of the crash. "I went out and did my own mailing," he says, flooding businesses with fliers to be on the lookout for the car.

In June, Savarese held a press conference near the intersection where Jessica was killed, offering $30,000 for information along with Crime Stoppers' $2,000 reward. A new flier included a picture of the type of car in question, along with a mark noting where the damage would be noticeable.

When told of the McAuliffe arrest, based on the tip from the repair shop, Savarese said, "I was hoping for that same kind of luck."

http://www.longislandpress.com/index...e&a_id=198

The damn parents should have driven them to the pizza parlor?    Do people still call it a pizza parlor? Weird.

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=3875.msg141967#msg141967 date=1168538021]
    Meanies! Be nice, she was a baby!
    [/quote]

You call her Punky Brewster and then tell US to be nice? 

More like:

Kidding, kidding. Poor kid shoulda watched where she was going :(
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=3875.msg141986#msg141986 date=1168538351]
    You call her Punky Brewster and then tell US to be nice?Â* Â*
    [/quote]

I thought Punky was adorable!

oh the poor thing saw it coming...damn :-(

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=3875.msg141985#msg141985 date=1168538339]
    JESSICA AND THE SLEEPOVER

Five days before Messiah Lovelady was killed crossing a street in broad daylight, Jessica Savarese was killed crossing a street at night.

Jessica (known as Jayy to her friends) and her two friends, Tiffany Zinnanti, 15, and Melissa Fick, 15, left a pizza parlor close to 11 p.m. on May 7, and were walking along the south side of Hempstead Turnpike. Jessica, a freshman at H. Frank Carey High School in Franklin Square, was going to a sleepover at Melissa's house.

Near Claflin Boulevard, the three girls decided to cross. They got to the double yellow line, when Melissa and Tiffany noticed a car going fast in the westbound lane. They stopped, but Jessica kept walking and broke into a run to try and make it to the curb. Her friends watched in horror as the car struck her. Her body was thrown into the air and landed on the side of the road. The girl with the million dollar smile, who loved the color purple and planned to go to college in Florida, was most probably killed instantly.

There were no tire marks indicating the car even braked. It just kept going.

Damage at the scene included a broken passenger side headlight assembly directional, common on the Ford Taurus sedan or wagon 1989-91 models. (But those headlights can be retrofitted to other years.) Detective Gary Ferucci of the Nassau Police Department says that based on the significant damage, whoever hit Jessica would know they hit something.

Headed by Ferucci, Nassau police gave flyers to patrol units, fire departments and taxi companies. Anthony Savarese purchased a list of auto body shops within a 30-mile radius of the crash. "I went out and did my own mailing," he says, flooding businesses with fliers to be on the lookout for the car.

In June, Savarese held a press conference near the intersection where Jessica was killed, offering $30,000 for information along with Crime Stoppers' $2,000 reward. A new flier included a picture of the type of car in question, along with a mark noting where the damage would be noticeable.

When told of the McAuliffe arrest, based on the tip from the repair shop, Savarese said, "I was hoping for that same kind of luck."

http://www.longislandpress.com/index...e&a_id=198
    [/quote]
    Hit and runs aggravate me to no end. You're going to get caught. I can't see why you'd leave...unless maybe you were drunk. Does anyone know what the penalties for fatal hit and runs are vs. drunk driving causing death?

Messiah Lovelady...seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=3875.msg141985#msg141985 date=1168538339]

The damn parents should have driven them to the pizza parlor?Â* Â* Do people still call it a pizza parlor? Weird.
    [/quote]

Ugh, thats awful. I mean it was an obvious accident. The only person to blame is the idiot who hit her for running afterward. It's always easy to point fingers at parents, but honestly.... where I come from, you don't let your 14 and 15 year old daughter and friends walk home or anywhere else for that matter at 11pm. I still can't get over that.

[quote author=pincushion queen link=topic=3875.msg141999#msg141999 date=1168538614]

Ugh, thats awful. I mean it was an obvious accident. The only person to blame is the idiot who hit her for running afterward. It's always easy to point fingers at parents, but honestly.... where I come from, you don't let your 14 and 15 year old daughter and friends walk home or anywhere else for that matter at 11pm. I still can't get over that.
    [/quote]

I borrow my friend's kids who live at the end of my street and either walk them home or drive them. They are 11, 13, 15.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=3875.msg141995#msg141995 date=1168538502]
    Hit and runs aggravate me to no end. You're going to get caught. I can't see why you'd leave...unless maybe you were drunk. Does anyone know what the penalties for fatal hit and runs are vs. drunk driving causing death?

Messiah Lovelady...seriously?
    [/quote]

It some states it is a felony but others it is just a misdemeaner with only a 1 to two year jail term with a small fine of a few hundred to several thousand dollars.  IMO it should have a harsher penalty.

[quote author=pincushion queen link=topic=3875.msg141999#msg141999 date=1168538614]

[/quote]

Sometimes I think my parents are the biggest pricks in the world, but you're parents actually make me appreciate habing my parents.  LOL, it 11 fuckin o'clock at night.  Nights started at 11 p.m. when I was 14.  Man I am going to feel extremely sorry for your kids, they'll be 18 and have a curfew of 11.  Great way to make friends.

[quote author=TheRealWorld link=topic=3875.msg142323#msg142323 date=1168549785]
    Sometimes I think my parents are the biggest pricks in the world, but you're parents actually make me appreciate habing my parents.  LOL, it 11 fuckin o'clock at night.  Nights started at 11 p.m. when I was 14.  Man I am going to feel extremely sorry for your kids, they'll be 18 and have a curfew of 11.  Great way to make friends.
    [/quote] your parents apparently suck.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Sometimes I think my parents are the biggest pricks in the world, but you're parents actually make me appreciate habing my parents.Â* LOL, it 11 fuckin o'clock at night.Â* Nights started at 11 p.m. when I was 14.Â* Man I am going to feel extremely sorry for your kids, they'll be 18 and have a curfew of 11.Â* Great way to make friends.
    [/quote]

K there is a very large difference in maturity levels between the ages of 14 and 18. How dare you say you feel sorry for my kids when there are people out there who could give a shit less where thier kids are at and how late they are out. MY kids will know responsibility and respect.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=3875.msg142330#msg142330 date=1168549966]
    your parents apparently suck.
    [/quote]

I'm sorry your parents kept you entraped in your house thru you adolescence.

[quote author=pincushion queen link=topic=3875.msg142333#msg142333 date=1168550074]
    MY kids will know responsibility and respect.
    [/quote]

Take it easy on 'em.  I hear parental abuse sucks.

Man I am going to feel extremely sorry for your kids, they'll be 18 and have a curfew of 11.
    [/quote]

And alive.

[quote author=TheRealWorld link=topic=3875.msg142335#msg142335 date=1168550113]
    I'm sorry your parents kept you entraped in your house thru you adolescence.
    [/quote]

ok take back my last comment. I just checked your profile and it said you were 18. apparently there is no difference in maturity between a 14 year old and an 18 year old.

Thread Information