Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Germain Vigeant (20) fell 100 feet to her death from an abandoned Grain Elevator

Re: Germain Vigeant (20) fell 100 feet to her death from an abandoned Grain Elev

~lol~  Almost everyone who meets me online assumes I'm a guy at first because my name is Blair.  You're the first to ever say the opposite!  I used to add an 'e' or use one of my middle names (Taryn) to avoid confusion, then I just said f**k it, they'll figure out soon enough. :-D
    Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws...

Re: Germain Vigeant (20) fell 100 feet to her death from an abandoned Grain Elev

[quote author=The Blair Bitch Project link=topic=3872.msg142426#msg142426 date=1168555466]
    ~lol~  Almost everyone who meets me online assumes I'm a guy at first because my name is Blair.  You're the first to ever say the opposite!
    [/quote]

I guess because the only Blairs I've ever met have been women.

Re: Germain Vigeant (20) fell 100 feet to her death from an abandoned Grain Elevator

All the Blair's I know have been men - I am working with one at the moment. 

Re: Germain Vigeant (20) fell 100 feet to her death from an abandoned Grain Elevator

What about:

Grrr, my computer just froze and I had to reboot.  I was about to reply that I used to get the hell teased out of me in high school because kids would call me Blair Warner (Facts of Life) or compare me to Blair from Less Than Zero (I lived in L.A. - I guess it fit.)

As for guys named Blair, I've had a crush on actor Blair Underwood ever since the L.A Law days. 
    Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws...

This is a sexy male Blair

He used to be in Australian Big Brother where he got discovered and was in an Aussie sitcom called Neighbours for awhile

Re: Germain Vigeant fell to her death from a grain elevator

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=3872.msg141813#msg141813 date=1168534568]
    My Boyfriend wants to get dogs and name them all after rappers. They would get along.
    [/quote]

My Chihuahua's name is Itty Bitty P. Diddy.

ETA: the "P" stands for Puppy and that's what he prefers to be called.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=3872.msg142445#msg142445 date=1168557487]
    This is a sexy male Blair

He used to be in Australian Big Brother where he got discovered and was in an Aussie sitcom called Neighbours for awhile

[/quote]

*drools*

Actually.. he looks a bit like my ex with a haircut.

*undrools*

well its sorta both faults.
    In this case more so the 20 yr old.
    but what if lets say someone under the age of 15 went in there that wasnt able to read, or a mentaly challenged person, they need to keep it well fenced off.

My other half has a girls name, well it's more common as a girls name, in the UK anyways.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

B Brain Blair
    Killler Bees?

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=3872.msg142431#msg142431 date=1168555869]
    What about:

[/quote]

Lisa Welchel... Dear God, I Have To Go Pray Before She Catches Me....
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

[quote author=chay812 link=topic=3872.msg142041#msg142041 date=1168539869]
    I believe the owners do have a responsibility to keep kids out.Â* I'm certain she would not have gotten on that elevator if she had known something so tragic would happen.Â* Kids are going to be kids... They should have put up a fence with chains, etc.Â* I understand kids don't need to be in there... but most kids don't always use their best judgement and do stupid things... If there is a slippery spot on the floor of a grocery store and you slip, fall, hit your head and die... Is it your fault?Â* Or theirs for not cleaning up the mess?Â*

Its a tragedy on both sides... No one should have died... And I'm sure had the owners known - they would have done something to prevent it.Â* I'm sure no one sleeps easy after something like this.Â* It's very sad!Â*

[/quote]

Brother Said He Gave Warning About Grain Elevator

(AP) Minneapolis The brother of a University of Minnesota student -- who fell to her death from an abandoned grain elevator -- said he had warned her not to go there. Germain Vigeant, 20, died early Sunday when she fell 10 stories from the elevator in southeast Minneapolis, near where she lived. Police said a friend who was with Vigeant called 911 around 3:45 a.m. after she fell. A police spokesman said the elevators are fenced off and marked "no trespassing." Police are investigating. Vigeant grew up on St. Paul's East Side. She lived in Minneapolis, just a few blocks from the elevator.

Clear signs that you shouldn't be there in my book!!

Here is the grain elevator she fell at.Â* That is one long fall.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=3872.msg141777#msg141777 date=1168533816]
    I don't get why she went into the elevator. I had a friend fall 5 stories in an abandoned elevator shaft around Halloween..luckily she lived but we're all like..wow, could you get any dumber? Crazy. RIP.
    [/quote]

In my uncle's case, it was an accident. My mom told me while at work, he was backing into an open elevator door with one of those huge tubs with wheels on it, except there was no elevator there, and fell five stories to his death-his head was smashed in. Your lucky friend has nine lives and has just lost one.

[quote author=joliefrijole link=topic=3872.msg152298#msg152298 date=1169179661]
    In my uncle's case, it was an accident. My mom told me while at work, he was backing into an open elevator door with one of those huge tubs with wheels on it, except there was no elevator there, and fell five stories to his death-his head was smashed in. Your lucky friend has nine lives and has just lost one.
    [/quote] definitely true. I don't know how the hell she lived. She broke her arm and her jaw, that's it. crazy. Sorry about your uncle. That's such a shame.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

When my son was 15 he almost fell over the top of Fall Creek Falls, 256 ft. waterfall in Tennessee.  http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterfalls/fallcreek.shtml

He, my boyfriend's son, and bf's brother walked along a trail that led towards the top of the falls.  There was not much to keep them from actually walking to the top of the falls, but since they were with and adult(?) they thought it was okay.  My son said "Hey, here's a good spot for a pic..." as he put one foot on a slippery rock at the top of the falls.  He fell, reached out, and grabbed a cable and was pulled to safety.  I had been in the car entertaining the 5 year old, and when he came back he was soaked.  I am so glad I didn't witness this as he would have fallen in for sure after I would have screamed.

About a year later, a teenage girl fell into the falls and her friend jumped in to try to save her.  The first girl lived, but her friend died trying to save her.  After that, they put up a barrier to the top of the falls and added signs.  And how do I know that?  The idiot went there later as an adult. 

So yeah, I will be the first to admit my son should not have even tried such a stunt.  Had I been walking with them, I would not have allowed him to get near the top.

Thread Information