Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cop Jared Rohrig(25) posed as his twin, raped brothers girl

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Cop Jared Rohrig(25) posed as his twin, raped brothers girl

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1372285#msg1372285 date=1251403106]
    would you be inclined to believe her right away, or would you be asking her for proof?

PCP, did you put this in that article you quoted?

(I would think the true victim of a rape would go to the police immediately and go to the hospital)

case if you did, WTF.  a true victim would immediately go to the police/hospital?  uhhhhhhhhhh.  no. 
    [/quote]:lol: If you wanna back me into a corner here, it was a nice try...but I wouldn't know what to believe. And it would depend on the circumstances. If she was walking down the street and got attacked, that's one thing. But if everyone was drunk at Sasha's house, and then something happened with some dude that was there....yea I might ask a few questions then.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372293#msg1372293 date=1251403460]
    :lol: If you wanna back me into a corner here, it was a nice try...but I wouldn't know what to believe. And it would depend on the circumstances. If she was walking down the street and got attacked, that's one thing. But if everyone was drunk at Sasha's house, and then something happened with some dude that was there....yea I might ask a few questions then.
    [/quote]

you avoided my trap :2embarrassed:  i need to plan these things better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1372288#msg1372288 date=1251403256]
    one of my lifelong friends was raped when we were in high school.  she never reported it, and will not give the name of the rapist.  she knew and trusted him, though.  she didnt tell me until 4 years after it happened to her, it was that traumatic.   :|
    [/quote]

That's horrible. You guys are right, my assumption that a girl who's just had a physical crime committed to her would normally go to the police/hospital is wrong. I think it's fishy in this case, but my statement is wrong.

It doesn't mean that girls don't falsely accuse men of rape.

There is the possibility that she had consensual sex with Jared, Joseph found out and she claimed rape and made up this story to cover it up. I'm not saying this is the case, I'm just saying it's a possibility

pcp, thank you for explaining.  i understand your pov a little better now.

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21903.msg1372331#msg1372331 date=1251404768]
    pcp, thank you for explaining.  i understand your pov a little better now.
    [/quote]

Please understand I'm not calling this girl a liar, I just have to take cases like this with a grain of salt.

thank you for admitting that that assumption is wrong.    

here are some stats...

http://www.sccadvasa.org/articles/63.pdf

National Rape Statistics
    In the United States, over 70% of all rapes go unreported. (1)
    • The United States has the highest rate of rape of any country that publishes such statistics; 13 times higher than
    Great Britain and 20 times higher than Japan. (2)
    • In 2000, there were 261,000 victims of rape, attempted rape or sexual assault. (1)
    • Of these 261,000, 114,000 were victims of sexual assault, 55,000 were victims of attempted rape, and 92,000
    were victims of completed rape. (1)
    • Approximately 62% of female rape victims knew their assailant. (1)
    • Approximately 43% of victims are raped by a friend or acquaintance; 34% by a stranger; 17% by an intimate; and
    2% by another relative. (1)
    • 61% of rape victims were sexually assaulted before the age of 18. (3)
    • 21.6% of women who reported being raped during their lifetime were under age 12 at the time of their first rape.
    32.4% of these women were 12-17 years of age. Therefore, over half of all female rape victim/survivors surveyed
    in this study were under the age of 18 at the time of their first rape. (4)
    • Age 12-34 are the highest risk years. Risk peaks in the late teens: girls 16 to 19 are four times more likely than
    the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape or sexual assault (1).
    • Among people 12 and older, about 83.5% of the US population is white, and 82.5% of rape victims are white;
    13.3% of victims are black, compared to 12.3% of the population; and 4.2% of both victims and the population are
    of other races. (1)
    • Blacks are about 10% more likely to be attacked than whites. In 2000, there were 1.1 victimizations per 1,000
    white people, and 1.2 victimizations per 1,000 black people. (1)
    Sources:
    1. 2000 National Crime Victimization Survey, Bureau of Justice Statistics
    2. The National Women‘s Study conducted by the National Center for Victims of Crime
    3. American Academy of Pediatrics, Committee on Adolescence
    4. Full Report of the Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence Against Women: Findings from the
    National Violence Against Women Survey, (NCJRS) 2000
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21903.msg1372331#msg1372331 date=1251404768]
    pcp, thank you for explaining.  i understand your pov a little better now.
    [/quote]Almost in a position like this myself once. Makes you want to get permission forms signed in triplicate when you get a scare like that though. And you realize that there are 2 sides to every story.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372045#msg1372045 date=1251387382]
    Should be all of them.
    Getting fired only for being accused is bullshit.
    [/quote]

No one should get fired for being accused!!! You're right. All people should get paid admin. leave or at least be treated equally.

All I was saying is that all people don't get treated equally.
    State workers seem to get treated a lot betterand it's not fair to the rest of us.

[quote author=Nocturnal1 link=topic=21903.msg1372413#msg1372413 date=1251407603]
    No one should get fired for being accused!!! You're right. All people should get paid admin. leave or at least be treated equally.

All I was saying is that all people don't get treated equally.
    State workers seem to get treated a lot betterand it's not fair to the rest of us.
    [/quote]

He is on paid administrative leave.

It's going to be very interesting when this thing gets to court. Whichever way it falls, I hope true justice is served. The crux of the story is here:

Once she realized he was not the person she thought he was, she attempted to leave but was thrown on the bed and physically restrained by Jared Rohrig and he forced her to have sex against her will, the woman told police.
    My understanding is that as soon as a girl says "No" you have to stop or it counts as rape, regardless of how it starts. I don't think there are any rules against impersonating a lover. I have to think, if her entire story is true, that either Jared is a master actor, being able to act just like his brother in conversation, foreplay, copulation etc or that she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. If she was very intoxicated that too could be grounds for  a sexual assault charge and might be how he got this "far".

I'm surprised this story isn't in the tabloids, it's certainly lurid enough.

It's a cop. Media hates to make them look bad unless it's absolutely necessary.

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1372065#msg1372065 date=1251389176]
    but he wasnt fired.  he was suspended, right? 
    [/quote]

He was put on 'paid administrative leave'.                                                                                            [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372070#msg1372070 date=1251389474]
    Yes. But some asshole was pissed he wasn't fired.
    [/quote]

I certainly hope you are not referring to me Ron!
    I never said he should have been fired. No one should be fired for an accusation! Never!

I was only pointing out that some people (especially cops and politicians) get treated a whole lot better than the rest of us.
    Everyone should be treated the same no matter what!

The problem right now is the fact that due to a doctor's appt. etc., I have not been able to update myself on all the threads and therefore I am behind in responding.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372440#msg1372440 date=1251408710]
    It's a cop. Media hates to make them look bad unless it's absolutely necessary.
    [/quote]

It seems that paradigm is shifting though....

[quote author=Nocturnal1 link=topic=21903.msg1372441#msg1372441 date=1251408725]
    He was put on 'paid administrative leave'.                                                                                           
    I certainly hope you are not referring to me Ron!
    I never said he should have been fired. No one should be fired for an accusation! Never!

I was only pointing out that some people (especially cops and politicians) get treated a whole lot better than the rest of us.
    Everyone should be treated the same no matter what!

The problem right now is the fact that due to a doctor's appt. etc., I have not been able to update myself on all the threads and therefore I am behind in responding. 
    [/quote]You were indeed the asshole I was talking about. I thought you were pissed that he wasn't being fired, not that others in his position would be.

Carry on.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=21903.msg1372462#msg1372462 date=1251409524]
    It seems that paradigm is shifting though....
    [/quote]These things get reported, but they're still not major news stories though. I'm talking the major coverage this shit should get. And not necessarily this guy's story, cause we don't have enough details for it to be out there yet. And we know how the public goes after you on accusation alone.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372468#msg1372468 date=1251409723]
    You were indeed the asshole I was talking about. I thought you were pissed that he wasn't being fired, not that others in his position would be.

Carry on.

These things get reported, but they're still not major news stories though. I'm talking the major coverage this shit should get. And not necessarily this guy's story, cause we don't have enough details for it to be out there yet. And we know how the public goes after you on accusation alone.

[/quote]

You have a point, not just the media, but the "blue shield code" or whatever they call it. I guess there has to be something somewhat compelling to even take action on this guy, or some CYA at least.

Are you guys getting coverage on the Fort Worth cops that went in and cracked heads in the gay bar and are now getting federally investigated?

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=21903.msg1372485#msg1372485 date=1251411155]
    You have a point, not just the media, but the "blue shield code" or whatever they call it. I guess there has to be something somewhat compelling to even take action on this guy, or some CYA at least.

Are you guys getting coverage on the Fort Worth cops that went in and cracked heads in the gay bar and are now getting federally investigated?
    [/quote]Haven't heard a word. Wanna start a thread?

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372487#msg1372487 date=1251411318]
    Haven't heard a word. Wanna start a thread?
    [/quote]

Yep. let me search the news.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=21903.msg1372271#msg1372271 date=1251402684]
    I think Emmie is talking more about the culture surrounding rape. To be honest, yeah there are some women that lie. However, most of the time they aren't, so the reality is that the vast majority of women who claim they are raped are in fact raped.

In our society we have created this image that women lying about being raped out of shame or revenge is a commonplace act. So much so that this idea is brought up often. Moreso when women get raped by people they know, which actually contributes to the high number of rapes being unreported.

I bet if there were statistics, the number of false accusations by women would be close to or equal to the false accusations of child molestation. Yet, when someone is accused of child molestation, 99.9% of the time we assume they are guilty before it even goes to a trial.

[/quote]

I totally agree with you about everything you have just said. And you are definitely right about women being raped by someone they know, and therefore most of them not reporting it because of the fear of not being believed. This, I know, happens quite often. I never used to understand how a wife can be raped by her husband. But I know for sure that it happens and a lot more often than people know, because they are afraid no one will believe them or they will be ridiculed.

Also, I didn't bold the last part because I wanted to comment on that in  particular. We assume they are guilty because for one thing, more often than not they are, and I'm not just talking about the ones that have records or convictions. Also, most kids are terrified of admitting that anything like this has happened to them because they are usually threatened by the perp and somehow are afraid that it is partly their fault even though it usually isn't. Another reason is because this is probably one of the most heinous crimes imaginable and even other felons hate pedophiles and innocent children's lives are at stake. We want to especially protect the children. Maybe this isn't right but I think this is the way it usually works.

[quote author=Nocturnal1 link=topic=21903.msg1372498#msg1372498 date=1251412049]
    I totally agree with you about everything you have just said. And you are definitely right about women being raped by someone they know, and therefore most of them not reporting it because of the fear of not being believed. This, I know, happens quite often. I never used to understand how a wife can be raped by her husband. But I know for sure that it happens and a lot more often than people know, because they are afraid no one will believe them or they will be ridiculed.

Also, I didn't bold the last part because I wanted to comment on that in  particular. We assume they are guilty because for one thing, more often than not they are, and I'm not just talking about the ones that have records or convictions. Also, most kids are terrified of admitting that anything like this has happened to them because they are usually threatened by the perp and somehow are afraid that it is partly their fault even though it usually isn't. Another reason is because this is probably one of the most heinous crimes imaginable and even other felons hate pedophiles and innocent children's lives are at stake. We want to especially protect the children. Maybe this isn't right but I think this is the way it usually works.
    [/quote]Yea. Having a child lie about something like that (without coaching) is pretty much an impossibility. But a teen or an adult woman with an agenda can be a spiteful creature.

"He's not going to leave his wife? Well I'll show him...."
    is a much more believable scenario than "He's not going to buy me that toy? Well I'll show him...."

I was date raped in 94 and did not report it because I wanted to forget it happened and felt stupid for even being at the guys house. I'm sure rape goes unreported more times than not. I've also seen the other side where a girl lied about my friend raping her because her boyfriend found out she slept with him. I wonder if Joe gave the go ahead to Jared since Joe supposedly had a girlfriend 

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372499#msg1372499 date=1251412252]
    Yea. Having a child lie about something like that (without coaching) is pretty much an impossibility. But a teen or an adult woman with an agenda can be a spiteful creature.

"He's not going to leave his wife? Well I'll show him...."
    is a much more believable scenario than "He's not going to buy me that toy? Well I'll show him...."
    [/quote]

ugh, ron.  can we stop with the girls are liars bit already?  i'm sorry if you had a bad experience, but trust me it is more important that women report rape in the first place. 

i thought you were a feminist, man. 

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21903.msg1372611#msg1372611 date=1251423796]
    ugh, ron.  can we stop with the girls are liars bit already?  i'm sorry if you had a bad experience, but trust me it is more important that women report rape in the first place. 

i thought you were a feminist, man. 
    [/quote]

Ditto.

There are quite a few posts in this thread alone that I could point out.
    Maybe you're not aware of how often you mention it. :|

ruh roh. 

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1372666#msg1372666 date=1251429914]
    ruh roh. 
    [/quote]

[quote author=Nocturnal1 link=topic=21903.msg1372669#msg1372669 date=1251430520]

[/quote]Don't  the 'neener'....

BTW Nocturnal did you know that we get paid 25 cents for every thread we start?  So, your check should be about $84976586.75 right?

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=21903.msg1372683#msg1372683 date=1251432555]
    Don't  the 'neener'....

BTW Nocturnal did you know that we get paid 25 cents for every thread we start?  So, your check should be about $84976586.75 right?
    [/quote]

:lol: :kiss3:

and lulzzzzzzzzzzz.  she's rich!

Thread Information