Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop Jared Rohrig(25) posed as his twin, raped brothers girl

Re: Cop Jared Rohrig(25) posed as his twin, raped brothers girl

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1372075#msg1372075 date=1251389643]
    ah.  i see.

i dont think he should be fired, but he should be suspended pending an investigation. 
    [/quote]

Suspended with or without pay?  Is there any evidence to support her charges other than her  accusation?

I'm not trying to put the "victim" on trial or minmize the horror of rape, it's a horrible crime but I've seen this kind of shit go down where a girl gets upset about something completely unrelated to this event and throws down the rape card.

There should be increased punishments for anyone that makes a false accusation toward another. Weather that be rape, theft or abuse.

I would have to assume there is some type of physical evidence in order to get him suspended to begin with. I highly doubt she walked in made the accusation and they all just said, ok... he's suspended. I have never come across a police person who would automatically throw one of their own to the dogs. You're the liar before any other police officer. So I am going to say it's a safe bet that he should be investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=21903.msg1372104#msg1372104 date=1251391656]
    There should be increased punishments for anyone that makes a false accusation toward another. Weather that be rape, theft or abuse.

I would have to assume there is some type of physical evidence in order to get him suspended to begin with. I highly doubt she walked in made the accusation and they all just said, ok... he's suspended. I have never come across a police person who would automatically throw one of their own to the dogs. You're the liar before any other police officer. So I am going to say it's a safe bet that he should be investigated.
    [/quote]Seriously. There needs to be some kind of punishment for these people. They're like "Oops. You got me! I made it all up! :-D" And no one bats an eye. It's bullshit.

Not saying this story is bullshit yet, but we'll see....
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372109#msg1372109 date=1251391898]
    Seriously. There needs to be some kind of punishment for these people. They're like "Oops. You got me! I made it all up! :-D" And no one bats an eye. It's bullshit.

Not saying this story is bullshit yet, but we'll see....
    [/quote]

If it is true that she did make it up, Jared should be allowed to punch her in the vaj.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=21903.msg1372090#msg1372090 date=1251390885]
    Suspended with or without pay?  Is there any evidence to support her charges other than her  accusation?

I'm not trying to put the "victim" on trial or minmize the horror of rape, it's a horrible crime but I've seen this kind of shit go down where a girl gets upset about something completely unrelated to this event and throws down the rape card.
    [/quote]

well, theres the text from joe's phone the next day.  it was supposedly joe, apologizing for what his brother did.  :|

and suspended with pay.  its not fair to take away someones paycheck if they havent been proven guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=LilDevil link=topic=21903.msg1372129#msg1372129 date=1251392690]
    If it is true that she did make it up, Jared should be allowed to punch her in the vaj.
    [/quote]

:| 

it is sad to see people jump to the conclusion that this might be a made up story.  i hope that it is not, for the sake of rape victims everywhere.

less than half of all rapes are reported in the frist place.  we don't need to be giving woman another reason to not report a rape.  they already use the excuse that people won't believe them.  silence is what gives rapists power, and they are well aware of this. 

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21903.msg1372145#msg1372145 date=1251393965]
    :| 

it is sad to see people jump to the conclusion that this might be a made up story.  i hope that it is not, for the sake of rape victims everywhere.

less than half of all rapes are reported in the frist place.  we don't need to be giving woman another reason to not report a rape.  they already use the excuse that people won't believe them.  silence is what gives rapists power, and they are well aware of this. 
    [/quote]

Please let me clarify, I am not jumping to the conclusion that this story was made up.  The possibility IS there and I wanted to point that out.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=21903.msg1372153#msg1372153 date=1251395699]

Please let me clarify, I am not jumping to the conclusion that this story was made up.  The possibility IS there and I wanted to point that out.

[/quote]
    I didn't see Em get sand in her vagina when people were assuming the guy is guilty. :roll:

Till the guy gets his day in court, I don't see any reason for us to question her story. The burden of prof is on her. If I accuse someone of something....I don't think it's over the top for the law to want me to prove it.

Or we could just lock every guy up that gets accused of rape if that sounds like a better solution. God forbid we ask for proof, and "rape" the "victim" again.

Even if they are twins, don't you think she would realize that she's with the wrong guy, esp. if she had a sexual relationship with Joe for months?  I mean, I have a hard time believing that they have the exact same physique, the same hair style, the same choice in clothing, the exact same personality, so on and so forth.  I've known identical twins and for about a week it's very confusing but afterwards, it was easy to tell who was who just based on the way they spoke.  And also, I went back and tried to read through but didn't see anything, was there any drinking involved? 

Also, I'm a little confused about the whole driving her home thing.  If she agreed to meet him at his house, wouldn't that mean she drove?  Or did she get a ride, did she take a cab over?  Oh, I have so many questions.  And if he indeed sexually assaulted her, why would she agree to get in the car so he could take her home?  I mean, obviously after the lack of butt tattoo she knew she was with the wrong guy and he just forcefully assaulted her, why in hell would she get in the car?  I think the minute I had the chance, I'd run screaming from the house, naked and all. 

Now, I'm not trying to blame the victim if she is indeed a victim.  I'm just trying to get as much information before I can def. say he did it or he didn't do it.  To me, this sounds like an angry woman after a one night stand embellishing a story.  But who knows?  Maybe I'll be proved wrong. 

**I think the reason I'm not all about locking him up is bc of another story involving a 6 year old girl found dead in the garage and a lot of people (me included) were so sure that her stepfather did it.  All signs initially pointed to him and I agreed with others that he should spend the rest of his life in jail only to find out that I think it was the neighbor who killed her.  Ever since then, I don't like to immediately believe a person is guilty.

[quote author=LilDevil link=topic=21903.msg1372218#msg1372218 date=1251400197]
    Even if they are twins, don't you think she would realize that she's with the wrong guy, esp. if she had a sexual relationship with Joe for months?  I mean, I have a hard time believing that they have the exact same physique, the same hair style, the same choice in clothing, the exact same personality, so on and so forth.  I've known identical twins and for about a week it's very confusing but afterwards, it was easy to tell who was who just based on the way they spoke.  And also, I went back and tried to read through but didn't see anything, was there any drinking involved? 

Also, I'm a little confused about the whole driving her home thing.  If she agreed to meet him at his house, wouldn't that mean she drove?  Or did she get a ride, did she take a cab over?  Oh, I have so many questions.  And if he indeed sexually assaulted her, why would she agree to get in the car so he could take her home?  I mean, obviously after the lack of butt tattoo she knew she was with the wrong guy and he just forcefully assaulted her, why in hell would she get in the car?  I think the minute I had the chance, I'd run screaming from the house, naked and all. 

Now, I'm not trying to blame the victim if she is indeed a victim.  I'm just trying to get as much information before I can def. say he did it or he didn't do it.  To me, this sounds like an angry woman after a one night stand embellishing a story.  But who knows?  Maybe I'll be proved wrong. 

**I think the reason I'm not all about locking him up is bc of another story involving a 6 year old girl found dead in the garage and a lot of people (me included) were so sure that her stepfather did it.  All signs initially pointed to him and I agreed with others that he should spend the rest of his life in jail only to find out that I think it was the neighbor who killed her.  Ever since then, I don't like to immediately believe a person is guilty.
    [/quote]And with a crime like this, there is an actual obvious reason to lie. If you get caught cheating, then you have a reason to say "I was raped!" if you're this woman. And there is nothing wrong with assuming that someone is innocent. Last time I checked, that's how we do it.

Women never ever lie about being raped.

Lock this guy up without a trial and give him the chair.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372214#msg1372214 date=1251400057]
    I didn't see Em get sand in her vagina when people were assuming the guy is guilty. :roll:

Till the guy gets his day in court, I don't see any reason for us to question her story. The burden of prof is on her. If I accuse someone of something....I don't think it's over the top for the law to want me to prove it.

Or we could just lock every guy up that gets accused of rape if that sounds like a better solution. God forbid we ask for proof, and "rape" the "victim" again.
    [/quote]

you're right ron, i didn't get sand in my c.unt over this allged crime.

if she is lying, than it's too bad and yes she should get charged with that. defamaiton of character or something?  i'm sure the guy could get a lawyer to go after her.  

to me, i would rather assume the rape happened.  if this case keeps ANY woman from turning in her rapist than it's not worth even mentioning that this crime has yet to go to trial.  

this is my opinion, it makes me sad that ANYONE would come in here and say...'well maybe she is lying'?  of course that is a possiblilty, but it's also a very real posability that she is not.  if this guy is guilty, than i hope he gets what he deserves and never gets the opportunity to rape again.  

rape is traumatic.  rape is rarely reported.  i don't know what the statistics are to actual rapes verses rapes reported, but i don't see how this is even important to bring up before it goes to trial.  i just hate to think someone could see/hear people saying things like this and possibly not report their own rape due to fear of someone not believing them.

i'm not saying anyone should be convicted of a crime they didn't commit, i'm just saying that if we deter women from reporting the crime in the first place we're not helping them we are only helping to perpetuate the silence which these asshole depend on.

ps.  fuck all of you guys.  :2smiley:  seriously.

[quote author=LilDevil link=topic=21903.msg1372218#msg1372218 date=1251400197]

[/quote]

Valid question, so he gave her a ride home after she was "raped?" I guess she doesn't know about 911. Didn't he like cover her with a pillow and get violent with her? Then she gets in the car with him? I need a time line as something is not right here. Is the text on her word or is it evidence?

When she arrived, she got into the hot tub with the Rohrig brother she believed was Joe, began kissing him and agreed to go to an upstairs bedroom with him. But as they were having sex, the warrant states, she noticed something missing: the cowboy tattoo on Joe’s left buttocks was not there. The woman “immediately began to cry and asked him where his tattoo went,” the warrant states. “The male replied that he had never had a tattoo and told her that she must have hooked up with his brother who had a tattoo “¦ The female victim realized at this point that this was not the person that she had previously had sexual relations with.”

“The female victim looked at the male and asked, ‘When did you think I was going to find out? When I realized you didn’t have a tattoo? When we didn’t use Joe’s car to drive home? Or when you didn’t know how to get to my house because you’ve never been there?’ ” the warrant states.

How identical is identical?  How the hell do you exactly mimic a different person, even if it is a twin?

Maybe this is what happened, she hooked up with the wrong twin knowingly, had second thougts, and then maybe he raped her. Or not.

Interesting case.

ugh, i hate you people.

where the hell does it say he drove her home?  i didn't read that anywhere.

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21903.msg1372240#msg1372240 date=1251401247]
    you're right ron, i didn't get sand in my c.unt over this allged crime.

if she is lying, than it's too bad and yes she should get charged with that. defamaiton of character or something?  i'm sure the guy could get a lawyer to go after her. 

to me, i would rather assume the rape happened.  if this case keeps ANY woman from turning in her rapist than it's not worth even mentioning that this crime has yet to go to trial. 

this is my opinion, it makes me sad that ANYONE would come in here and say...'well maybe she is lying'?  of course that is a possiblilty, but it's also a very real posability that she is not.  if this guy is guilty, than i hope he gets what he deserves and never gets the opportunity to rape again. 

rape is traumatic.  rape is rarely reported.  i don't know what the statistics are to actual rapes verses rapes reported, but i don't see how this is even important to bring up before it goes to trial.  i just hate to think someone could see/hear people saying things like this and possibly not report their own rape due to fear of someone not believing them.

i'm not saying anyone should be convicted of a crime they didn't commit, i'm just saying that if we deter women from reporting the crime in the first place we're not helping them we are only helping to perpetuate the silence which these asshole depend on.

ps.  fuck all of you guys.  :2smiley:  seriously.
    [/quote]
    Dude. Totally your opinion there.... but you are out of your fuckin mind if you expect everyone to assume that an accuser isn't lying. And that's not just my opinion, that's fact.
    I mean that's just insanity.
    Actually, I was wrong there. We don't have to assume they're lying, that's a poor choice of words. We expect proof. That's a better way of putting it.

You have any idea what would happen if all you had to do was accuse a man of rape to have him doing hard time? Divorce wouldn't even exist anymore, cause all it would take is pointing a finger and you can save yourself tons of time, trouble and attorney fees.

I have NO problem saying that if you have been a victim of a crime, that you have to prove it. I hope everyone reads that!!
    Legitimate victims, and people that want to accuse someone falsely too. HOW IS THAT A BAD THING!?!? I don't see how saying that you need to prove it is going to discourage people. At least not the people who shouldn't be discouraged.

If people know they need to actually provide evidence....then they might not come forward.

WTF?!?!

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372258#msg1372258 date=1251401954]
    Dude. Totally your opinion there.... but you are out of your fuckin mind if you expect everyone to assume that an accuser isn't lying. And that's not just my opinion, that's fact.
    Actually, I was wrong there. We don't have to assume they're lying, that's a poor choice of words. We expect proof. That's a better way of putting it.

You have any idea what would happen if all you had to do was accuse a man of rape to have him doing hard time? Divorce wouldn't even exist anymore, cause all it would take is pointing a finger and you can save yourself tons of time, trouble and attorney fees.

I have NO problem saying that if you have been a victim of a crime, that you have to prove it. I hope everyone reads that!!
    Legitimate victims, and people that want to accuse someone falsely too. HOW IS THAT A BAD THING!?!? I don't see how saying that you need to prove it is going to discourage people. At least not the people who shouldn't be discouraged.

If people know they need to actually provide evidence....then they might not come forward.

WTF?!?!
    [/quote]

dude, now you're putting words in my mouth.  of course it should go to trial and should be proven.  you apparently didn't read what i said:

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21903.msg1372240#msg1372240 date=1251401247]
    if she is lying, than it's too bad and yes she should get charged with that. defamaiton of character or something?  i'm sure the guy could get a lawyer to go after her.  

[/quote]

does it help when i break it down a little for you?  i agree with you, i just think that us talking about the fact that she could be lying could be detrimental to other rape victims.  

yes, it's my opinion.  but it is also a fact that perpetuating the fear that comes along with being a victim of rape is only empowering the rapists in a the first place.  

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21903.msg1372265#msg1372265 date=1251402387]
    dude, now you're putting words in my mouth.  of course it should go to trial and should be proven.  you apparently didn't read what i said:

does it help when i break it down a little for you?  i agree with you, i just think that us talking about the fact that she could be lying could be detrimental to other rape victims. 

yes, it's my opinion.  but it is also a fact that perpetuating the fear that comes along with being a victim of rape is only empowering the rapists in a the first place. 
    [/quote]I don't see how looking into this woman's story will keep anyone from reporting anything. But that's me I guess.

Wait...someone who's lying might think twice about trying to frame someone cause they'll realize that people will actualy look into their story. So as far as I see it, checking out an accuser's story is a win-win for everyone. There won't be a bad conviction, and other liars get discouraged. :-D

I think Emmie is talking more about the culture surrounding rape. To be honest, yeah there are some women that lie. However, most of the time they aren't, so the reality is that the vast majority of women who claim they are raped are in fact raped.

In our society we have created this image that women lying about being raped out of shame or revenge is a commonplace act. So much so that this idea is brought up often. Moreso when women get raped by people they know, which actually contributes to the high number of rapes being unreported.

I bet if there were statistics, the number of false accusations by women would be close to or equal to the false accusations of child molestation. Yet, when someone is accused of child molestation, 99.9% of the time we assume they are guilty before it even goes to a trial.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372258#msg1372258 date=1251401954]

WTF?!?!
    [/quote]

and what would you be saying if frenchy was accusing someone of raping her?
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1372273#msg1372273 date=1251402696]
    and what would you be saying if frenchy was accusing someone of raping her?
    [/quote]I would hope that she can prove it.

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21903.msg1372250#msg1372250 date=1251401672]
    ugh, i hate you people.

where the hell does it say he drove her home?  i didn't read that anywhere.
    [/quote]

It's in the  warrant, read the article before you  start hating. I even quoted it. I'll quote it again.

“The female victim looked at the male and asked, ‘When did you think I was going to find out? When I realized you didn’t have a tattoo? When we didn’t use Joe’s car to drive home? Or when you didn’t know how to get to my house because you’ve never been there?’ ” the warrant states.

Here's a much more detailed account that I found:

The woman told police she was out with friends the night of July 18 and early morning hours of July 19 and had asked Joe Rohrig during a phone conversation if she could come over. She had been having a sexual relationship with Joe Rohrig since March, she told police.

The woman was driven to the Rohrig house by a friend. When she arrived, she said she saw three people in a hot tub, but a male and female left the tub and went into the house before she got close.

She then called Joe Rohrig's cell phone and said, "I'm here," the search warrant application says. The man talking on the phone walked toward her, and the friend who dropped her off left.

The woman told police she went into the hot tub with the man she believed to be Joe Rohrig, wearing one of his Tshirts. The man in the hot tub referred to his brother as Jared in conversation, further leading the woman to believe she was with was Joe Rohrig, she told police.

She also asked the man if his sister would be angry that she was there. When the man asked why, the woman said "because of your girlfriend," saying the girlfriend's name, the search warrant affidavit says.

(What does this mean, that she knew Jospeh had a GF????)

The man said his sister didn't care and the two began kissing and then went into a bedroom in the house, the affidavit said. Once in the house they undressed, dried off and began having sex.

"During the sexual intercourse, the female victim said they were switching positions when she realized that the male she was with did not have a tattoo on his left buttocks," investigating detectives said in the search warrant application affidavit.

"The victim realized at that point this was not the person that she had previously had sexual relations with nor was it the person she thought she was having sex with," the detectives wrote.

She began to cry and asked him where the tattoo went. She told police Joe had told her that the tatoo was once a girl's name, but he had it covered it with the cowboy tattoo when they broke up, she told police.

Once she realized he was not the person she thought he was, she attempted to leave but was thrown on the bed and physically restrained by Jared Rohrig and he forced her to have sex against her will, the woman told police.

When Jared Rohrig left the room, the woman grabbed the phone in the room and dialed her own number. The number that showed up on her caller ID was Joe Rohrig's number, she told police. (If she was raped, she might have tried calling 911.....)

The man she was with then resumed trying to convince her he was Joe Rohrig and said "Jared" was sleeping in another room. The man sleeping in the other room did not wake up when she called out the name "Jared," she told police.  (Were they all there? Including the sister?)

Jared Rohrig, still pretending to be Joe, attempted to drive her home, but didn't know the way, the alleged victim said.

The woman said Joe had been to her house several times, but Jared had never been there.

When she asked Jared when he thought she would figure it out, he allegedly replied, "I don't know. I never thought that far ahead," the search warrant says.

The woman went to Milford Hospital the next day to be treated for a sexual assault. She revealed her name to police two days later.
    (I would think the true victim of a rape would go to the police immediately and go to the hospital)
    Orange Police Chief Robert Gagne said Friday he was aware of the arrest.

Jared Rohrig was placed on paid administrative leave July 23, Gagne said. Jared Rohrig turned in his badge and gun while on leave due to an ongoing internal investigation, Gagne said. He declined comment until that investigation is completed.

Jared Rohrig, who is 6 feet 4 inches tall, was a star baseball pitcher at Jonathan Law High School and went on to pitch for Southern Connecticut State University. He now pitches for a Milford team in the National Amateur Baseball Federation league. He was hired as a probationary officer in Orange July 11, 2008.

Milford police spokesman Officer Vaughan Dumas said in an e-mail message that "no more charges are pending," when asked if Joe Rohrig was under investigation.

In the search warrant, police said they were seeking to take a photograph of Jared Rohrig's bare buttocks. It was not clear Friday if that photograph was taken.

Jared Rohrig is due in court Sept. 8.

Rohrig's attorney, Thomas Lynch of the Milford law firm Lynch, Trembicki and Boynton, declined to comment. A message left at the Rohrigs' house was not returned Friday evening.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372268#msg1372268 date=1251402592]
    I don't see how looking into this woman's story will keep anyone from reporting anything. But that's me I guess.

Wait...someone who's lying might think twice about trying to frame someone cause they'll realize that people will actualy look into their story. So as far as I see it, checking out an accuser's story is a win-win for everyone. There won't be a bad conviction, and other liars get discouraged. :-D
    [/quote]

well i guess i'm just speaking from experience.  i know plenty of rape vicitims who refuse to report the crime, it will never cease to amaze me the way they can rationallize this behavior.  breaks my heart.  let us not forget that a lot of the time the rapist knows their victim.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=21903.msg1372271#msg1372271 date=1251402684]
    I think Emmie is talking more about the culture surrounding rape. To be honest, yeah there are some women that lie. However, most of the time they aren't, so the reality is that the vast majority of women who claim they are raped are in fact raped.

In our society we have created this image that women lying about being raped out of shame or revenge is a commonplace act. So much so that this idea is brought up often. Moreso when women get raped by people they know, which actually contributes to the high number of rapes being unreported.

I bet if there were statistics, the number of false accusations by women would be close to or equal to the false accusations of child molestation. Yet, when someone is accused of child molestation, 99.9% of the time we assume they are guilty before it even goes to a trial.

[/quote]

i fucking love you.  

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372276#msg1372276 date=1251402795]
    I would hope that she can prove it.
    [/quote]

would you be inclined to believe her right away, or would you be asking her for proof?

PCP, did you put this in that article you quoted?

(I would think the true victim of a rape would go to the police immediately and go to the hospital)

case if you did, WTF.  a true victim would immediately go to the police/hospital?  uhhhhhhhhhh.  no.  

pcp, that first quote says nothing about him driving her home.  i did read the article, no i didn't dig further for information.

okay, i guess after reading for the 5th time it does say 'we.' 

and MOST rapes are not reported, so no it is not typical of a rape victim to go straight to the hospital.  it is typical of them to blame themselves for what happened, and if she was already raped i don't see that it is really all that odd for her to allow him to take her home if she felt she had no other choice.  i wouldn't do it personally, but a person who has been through a traumatic experience is rarely thinking clearly. 

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21903.msg1372284#msg1372284 date=1251403062]
    well i guess i'm just speaking from experience.  i know plenty of rape vicitims who refuse to report the crime, it will never cease to amaze me the way they can rationallize this behavior.  breaks my heart.  let us not forget that a lot of the time the rapist knows their victim.
    [/quote]

one of my lifelong friends was raped when we were in high school.  she never reported it, and will not give the name of the rapist.  she knew and trusted him, though.  she didnt tell me until 4 years after it happened to her, it was that traumatic.  :|

Thread Information