Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop Jared Rohrig(25) posed as his twin, raped brothers girl

Cop Jared Rohrig(25) posed as his twin, raped brothers girl

http://www.connpost.com/ci_13180634

MILFORD -- An Orange police officer was charged Friday with posing as his twin brother to trick a 25-year-old woman into having sex with him at his parents' Milford home last month.
    Officer Jared Rohrig, 25, of Flax Mill Lane, has been on paid administrative leave from his job since July 23, pending the outcome of an internal investigation, said Orange Police Chief Robert Gagne.
    The unnamed woman told police July 22 that she was sexually assaulted July 19 at the Rohrig home, where she went to meet Joe Rohrig, Jared's identical twin.
    The woman had been having a sexual relationship with Joe Rohrig since March, and on July 19 she talked on the phone with someone she believed was him and agreed to meet at his house, according to a search warrant.
    When she arrived, she got into the hot tub with the Rohrig brother she believed was Joe, began kissing him and agreed to go to an upstairs bedroom with him.
    But as they were having sex, the warrant states, she noticed something missing: the cowboy tattoo on Joe's left buttocks was not there.
    The woman "immediately began to cry and asked him where his tattoo went," the warrant states. "The male replied that he had never had a tattoo and told her that she must have hooked up with his brother who had a tattoo." The female victim realized at this point that this was not the person that she had previously had sexual relations with."
    She told police that at that point she got out of bed and tried to leave, but the man "grabbed her arms and threw her on the bed, where she continued to cry," and he continued having sex with her, the warrant states.
    When the woman told Jared Rohrig to get off her, he allegedly put a pillow over her face, and while it did not prevent her from breathing, she felt "scared and claustrophobic," according to the warrant.
    Her attempts to push him off were unsuccessful "because he was too strong and she gave up," the warrant states.
    Later, the man -- still claiming to be Joe Rohrig -- drove the woman home in Jared Rohrig's pickup truck, but could not find the way, even though Joe had previously visited there several times, she told police.
    Jared Rohrig allegedly told the woman that his brother, Joe, who had a steady girlfriend, did not want to meet her that day, but "he told me to go for it."
    She told police she later received a text message from Joe's cell phone, the same one Jared had allegedly used to speak with her earlier, and the message read: "I want to apologize for what my brother did last night. I had no idea what was going on until this morning."
    Jared Rohrig, hired by the Orange Police Department on July 11, 2008, is still in the department's 18-month probationary period and is not a member of the police union, Gagne said.
    Jared Rohrig surrendered to police Friday and posted $50,000 bond. He is to be arraigned on charges of first-degree sexual assault and criminal impersonation Sept. 8 in Milford Superior Court.
    A telephone call to Rohrig's Milford lawyer, Thomas Lynch, was not immediately returned.
    A graduate of Jonathan Law High School, Rohrig is the son of Joanne Rohrig, a Republican member of the Board of Education, and the family owns Lasses Restaurant and catering in Milford.
    A separate investigation into anonymous allegations that adults served alcohol to minors at a July 12 graduation party at the Rohrig residence has determined those charges to be "unfounded," said Milford Police Chief Keith Mello.
    There was no evidence substantiating the claims, Mello said, adding that investigation showed "the family went to significant steps" to avoid giving minors access to alcohol at the party.
    "The female victim looked at the male and asked, 'When did you think I was going to find out? When I realized you didn't have a tattoo? When we didn't use Joe's car to drive home? Or when you didn't know how to get to my house because you've never been there?' " the warrant states.

Re: Cop Jared Rohrig(25) posed as his twin, raped brothers girl

Assault my ass, that is R.A.P.E.

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=21903.msg1370422#msg1370422 date=1251216969]
    Assault my ass, that is R.A.P.E.
    [/quote]

Definitely RAPE! And what's with this 'paid administrative leave'? That's like giving him a paid vacation! :2angry:

I hate the whole paid leave crap. A teacher got arrested today and her ass is on paid leave too.

Did he really think she wouldn't notice the fact that he was missing a tattoo on his butt? What a douche though. Poor girl.
    "The female victim looked at the male and asked, 'When did you think I was going to find out? When I realized you didn't have a tattoo? When we didn't use Joe's car to drive home? Or when you didn't know how to get to my house because you've never been there?' " the warrant states."
    That above bit is kind of funny. But I do agree he needs a much stricter punishment.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Nocturnal1 link=topic=21903.msg1370717#msg1370717 date=1251238600]
    Definitely RAPE! And what's with this 'paid administrative leave'? That's like giving him a paid vacation! :2angry:
    [/quote]Well that's because the rape is still an alleged rape at this point.
    Would you think it's a better idea to fire this guy if I decide to file rape charges against him, all the way from here in NYC.

Sometimes, charges like this are false. So if that's the case here, then what kind of lawsuit would the department be opening themselves up to if they fired this guy for DOING NOTHING!?
    And he would deserve every penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1371064#msg1371064 date=1251274889]
    Well that's because the rape is still an alleged rape at this point.
    Would you think it's a better idea to fire this guy if I decide to file rape charges against him, all the way from here in NYC.

Sometimes, charges like this are false. So if that's the case here, then what kind of lawsuit would the department be opening themselves up to if they fired this guy for DOING NOTHING!?
    [/quote]

are you defending a cop?  :2huh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

She told police she later received a text message from Joe's cell phone, the same one Jared had allegedly used to speak with her earlier, and the message read: "I want to apologize for what my brother did last night. I had no idea what was going on until this morning."

Does anyone else find this weird?
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21903.msg1371131#msg1371131 date=1251282949]

[/quote]

weird in what sense?  that its impersonal to send a text about being raped, that jared told his brother about what happened, that the text was so blase, or that joe used his brothers cell phone, and allegedly his brother didnt know about it?
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1371135#msg1371135 date=1251284769]
    weird in what sense?  that its impersonal to send a text about being raped, that jared told his brother about what happened, that the text was so blase, or that joe used his brothers cell phone, and allegedly his brother didnt know about it?
    [/quote]Yep, that about covers it. :lol: :|
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1371104#msg1371104 date=1251279543]
    are you defending a cop?  :2huh:
    [/quote]No. An alleged rapist. *sigh*

I didn't even know he was blue. I don't see color.

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1371135#msg1371135 date=1251284769]
    [/quote]

Maybe they were in on it and thought she'd like it. passing her around, so to speak. We've seen stranger things here before.

Jared later told the woman that his brother could not be bothered seeing her and had told him “to go for it.”
    I think my reaction would be a bit more extreme if my identical twin brother raped my GF. Not just a text message apology. Did these brothers live together? How did Jared have Joseph's phone? I think there's some collusion here.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21903.msg1371136#msg1371136 date=1251284951]
    Yep, that about covers it. :lol: :|
    [/quote]

:lol: :|

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1371179#msg1371179 date=1251293729]
    No. An alleged rapist. *sigh*

I didn't even know he was blue. I don't see color.

[/quote]

you're pretty. 

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=21903.msg1371185#msg1371185 date=1251294326]
    Maybe they were in on it and thought she'd like it. passing her around, so to speak. We've seen stranger things here before.

I think my reaction would be a bit more extreme if my identical twin brother raped my GF. Not just a text message apology. Did these brothers live together? How did Jared have Joseph's phone? I think there's some collusion here.

[/quote]

i wouldnt be surprised if they were both in on it.  i'm gathering, from the pathetic text apology, that this girl didnt mean a whole lot to joe. and didnt the article say somewhere that joe already HAD a girlfriend?  so the victim was just a piece on the side, i guess?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bScjZOmDIDk&feature=player_embedded

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1371193#msg1371193 date=1251294731]
    you're pretty. 
    [/quote]You shouldn't let yourself be so easily distracted.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1371064#msg1371064 date=1251274889]
    Well that's because the rape is still an alleged rape at this point.

[/quote]

I never said to fire the guy, but what other job, except being a teacher, can you be on 'paid administrative leave' while a lawsuit was pending?

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21903.msg1371131#msg1371131 date=1251282949]

[/quote]

I was wondering if in fact it was really Joe who had left the message or if it was actually Jared pretending to be Joe. I'm not sure if Joe really knew what had been going on at this point or if Jared was still playing games with her. Is this what you meant?

[quote author=Nocturnal1 link=topic=21903.msg1371395#msg1371395 date=1251312537]
    I never said to fire the guy, but what other job, except being a teacher, can you be on 'paid administrative leave' while a lawsuit was pending?
    [/quote]Should be all of them.
    Getting fired only for being accused is bullshit.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372045#msg1372045 date=1251387382]
    Should be all of them.
    Getting fired only for being accused is bullshit.
    [/quote]

well, there was a text from joes phone to the victim the next day, saying *sorry for what my brother did to you*...meaning that either jared used his bro's phone to send the message, or joe did...which is an admission if jared sent it.  if joe sent it, it means his bro admitted it to him.  either way, its admitting guilt.

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1372049#msg1372049 date=1251388088]
    well, there was a text from joes phone to the victim the next day, saying *sorry for what my brother did to you*...meaning that either jared used his bro's phone to send the message, or joe did...which is an admission if jared sent it.  if joe sent it, it means his bro admitted it to him.  either way, its admitting guilt.
    [/quote]I'm talking about accusations alone. It's ridiculious that someone can point a finger at you, and then suddenly you've been tried and convicted by some people. So I don't think getting fired for an accusation is acceptable. Cell phones have nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372056#msg1372056 date=1251388482]
    I'm talking about accusations alone. It's ridiculious that someone can point a finger at you, and then suddenly you've been tried and convicted by some people. So I don't think getting fired for an accusation is acceptable. Cell phones have nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
    [/quote]

What Ron said.

I guess most people here haven't been falsely accused of a crime. I have, and it was scary because many people rush to judgment when you get accused of some bullshit.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=21903.msg1372062#msg1372062 date=1251388843]

What Ron said.

I guess most people here haven't been falsely accused of a crime. I have, and it was scary because many people rush to judgment when you get accused of some bullshit.
    [/quote]People have to live through it before that have any idea. Most people think if you're accused of something, then you must have done something wrong. :-P

But I don't see the logic behind when someone is under arrest, and then they get fired.
    Innocent people have their lives ruined all the time over false accusations. And if it's sexual in nature. then guilty or innocent, it's always gonna follow you. Imagine being a teacher, and some girl has a crush on you so she makes up some fairy tale that proves false. Even after the student is proven to be a liar, that teacher is still screwed for the rest of their career, if they even have one left.

I guess I expect better from you guys. Build a case first fuckers. But the guy was accused and you all were all over him.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372056#msg1372056 date=1251388482]
    I'm talking about accusations alone. It's ridiculious that someone can point a finger at you, and then suddenly you've been tried and convicted by some people. So I don't think getting fired for an accusation is acceptable. Cell phones have nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
    [/quote]

but he wasnt fired.  he was suspended, right? 

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=21903.msg1372062#msg1372062 date=1251388843]

What Ron said.

[/quote]
    Truth...
    Once youve seen it, you never ever take those liberties for granted again. Theres a reason its  INNOCENT until proven GUILTY. Sadly, the accusation is enough to destroy lives.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

[quote author=neener link=topic=21903.msg1372065#msg1372065 date=1251389176]
    but he wasnt fired.  he was suspended, right? 
    [/quote]Yes. But some asshole was pissed he wasn't fired.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21903.msg1372070#msg1372070 date=1251389474]
    Yes. But some asshole was pissed he wasn't fired.
    [/quote]

ah.  i see.

i dont think he should be fired, but he should be suspended pending an investigation. 

Thread Information