Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Cop Jared Rohrig(25) posed as his twin, raped brothers girl

Re: Cop Jared Rohrig(25) posed as his twin, raped brothers girl

This is the most detailed and complete story of this event. It honestly makes her account seem more believable. What a crazy story! I wonder who the other two adults were in the hot tub that went to the house. Who was the other man that was sleeping in the house, was it Joe?

The document was made available Friday at Superior Court in Milford after Rohrig's arrest.  Can any of you guys find it and post it?

Jared Rohrig turned himself in at police headquarters Friday afternoon and is free on $50,000 bail.

We won't have too long to find out what's up. Jared Rohrig is due in court Sept. 8.

http://www.individual.com/story.php?story=105730607

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21903.msg1372845#msg1372845 date=1251467204]
    i just reread pcp's post/quote again and i don't see anywhere that she was being 'sarcastic' with him and joking around.  i'm confused by your post.

so what if she knew joe had a girlfriend, does makeing her 'sluty' make her any less of a victim if the story is true?   just because they don't look alike in one picture doesn't mean anything to me, honestly.  it is one photo.

i have friends who have been raped and driven home by said rapist, even acted friendly towards them (and their friends/girlfriends) after the fact to not let on that anything happened because they feel guilty, they feel responsible.  i don't think it's that out of the ordinary, but i'm only speaking from personal experience.   it breaks my heart to think that the women here are so quick to assume she's lying.  
    [/quote]And it breaks my heart to think that people assume that anything she says has to be 100% fact.

It's not that people think she's lying Em, it's that people are checking out her story. I don't see how that's a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Link to it here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18983973/Rohrig-Affidavit

It is in Adobe...
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=21903.msg1372968#msg1372968 date=1251475836]
    Link to it here:

It is in Adobe...
    [/quote]

WOW!!!!!!

Not looking so good for Jared and it looks to me that Joseph was definitely in on it.

#9  Who is the other male in the tub referring to Jared as Joseph? It says the male in the tub referred to his brother as Jared.
    #12 Jared used the same routine as Joseph in bed? More collusion?
    #16 Joesph was there? Who was the guy asleep in the bed?
    #18 An admission?
    #19  "Joe didn't want to fuck you tonight." "He could have just told me he was going to bed." "Well he told me he didn't want to hook up with you but he told me to go for it."  :-o
    #20 Was the act filmed????? So there might be some physical evidence after all!

uh, yeah after reading that i'd say things are not looking good for the brothers.  no wonder they have people in hear calling us morons and telling us we have no life.  probably scared shitless.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=21903.msg1373004#msg1373004 date=1251478606]

WOW!!!!!!

Not looking so good for Jared and it looks to me that Joseph was definitely in on it.

#9  Who is the other male in the tub referring to Jared as Joseph? It says the male in the tub referred to his brother as Jared.

#12 Jared used the same routine as Joseph in bed? More collusion?
    #16 Joesph was there? Who was the guy asleep in the bed?
    #18 An admission?
    #19  "Joe didn't want to fuck you tonight." "He could have just told me he was going to bed." "Well he told me he didn't want to hook up with you but he told me to go for it."  :-o
    #20 Was the act filmed????? So there might be some physical evidence after all!
    [/quote]
    I think #9 is saying that Jared was the male in the tub, though he was acting as Joe talking about Jared.  If I understand correctly, the other two were already gone.
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=21903.msg1373024#msg1373024 date=1251481751]
    I think #9 is saying that Jared was the male in the tub, though he was acting as Joe talking about Jared.  If I understand correctly, the other two were already gone.
    [/quote]

that is what i'm getting out of it, too.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=21903.msg1372968#msg1372968 date=1251475836]
    Link to it here:

It is in Adobe...
    [/quote]

Maybe this is why "you suck big time" paid us a visit.  I bet he assumed that this is what we were discussing.  This makes both Joe and Jared look much worse than the original story did.  Still to be fair, I'm not going to draw any conclusions until the case is heard and ruled on.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

[quote author=Nocturnal1 link=topic=21903.msg1372498#msg1372498 date=1251412049]

Also, I didn't bold the last part because I wanted to comment on that in  particular. We assume they are guilty because for one thing, more often than not they are, and I'm not just talking about the ones that have records or convictions. Also, most kids are terrified of admitting that anything like this has happened to them because they are usually threatened by the perp and somehow are afraid that it is partly their fault even though it usually isn't. Another reason is because this is probably one of the most heinous crimes imaginable and even other felons hate pedophiles and innocent children's lives are at stake. We want to especially protect the children. Maybe this isn't right but I think this is the way it usually works.
    [/quote]

Yeah, welcome to why many women don't report either.

I don't know. I put molestation of children and raping women on the same scale. Both equally heinous.I don't give it a higher or lesser degree just because it's a child. Both are innocent victims and both have to suffer for life with the aftermath.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/01/news/milford/b1-mirohrignotrun.txt?FORM=ZZNR

MILFORD — Board of Education Minority Leader Joanne Rohrig, R-1, said Monday she will finish out the remainder of her term, but would not seek re-election in November as she wants to devote more time to her family.

Rohrig and her son, Jared, 25, have recently garnered media attention for incidents alleged to have occurred at their 7 Flax Mill Lane home. Jared Rohrig, who is an Orange police officer, was arrested last month in the alleged first-degree sexual assault of a woman who visited the home.

Jared Rohrig has been placed on paid administrative leave pending an Orange Police Department investigation.

Jared Rohrig allegedly pretended to be his twin brother, Joseph, to dupe a woman into having sex, police said. The woman told police that when she realized she was with Jared, she attempted to leave the room, but allegedly was forced back onto the bed and sexually assaulted, court documents say.

In a July media report, not published by the New Haven Register, it surfaced that Rohrig held a graduation party where underage youths were alleged to have consumed alcohol.

But prior to the media report being printed, police had already closed the inquiry without finding any evidence to support the allegation of underage drinking. The allegation had been forwarded anonymously to police.

“I am finishing out my term. I had decided three weeks ago to a month ago,” Rohrig said Monday of not running in November. “I want to dedicate time to my family.”

Rohrig, who served two terms, will be replaced by former school board member Mark Stapleton on the fall ballot.

Sources close to Rohrig said she had decided against seeking re-election after the media report surfaced about the allegations of underage drinking at her home. Rohrig declined to comment Monday.

She said her four years on the board have been a “rewarding experience,” but it was “not a tough decision” to not seek re-election. Rohrig was endorsed for a third-term by the Republican Town Committee in late July, which is why her name is on the ballot.

“It’s important for me to finish out the term. It was something I was elected to do, and I feel I want to finish the job I started,” Rohrig said.

Republican Town Chairman Thomas Jagodinski said Rohrig withdrew from race citing “family reasons.” He said former aldermanic Chairman Jack Fowler, R-1, has also withdrawn from the school board race, citing his work responsibilities as publisher of the New York-based National Review, which is the nation’s most widely circulated conservative magazine. Fowler, who called himself a “place holder candidate” until the party could find someone else, said James Tranquilli Jr. will take his place on the ballot.

“Obviously, Joanne is facing a very serious family situation. The town committee isn’t going to do anything that might make the situation more difficult for her. This is not the time for us to be approaching her to discuss political issues. Whatever she decides, we’ll back her. She has worked tirelessly for our city and its schools and deserves everyone’s support regardless of party affiliation,” Jagodinski said.

Fowler said he understands Rohrig’s reasons for not seeking re-election.

“She knows best about her own needs and obligations where she needs to focus her life,” Fowler said. “As a board member she’s always been incredibly responsible. ... She took that position very seriously.”

Fowler said had a suitable candidate not been found for his place on the ballot, he was committed to running an earnest campaign.

“I’m disappointed to see Joanne leave the race,” said Richard Smith, Democratic town chairman. “She has always been a tireless advocate for Milford’s schools, always putting the children of Milford first and working in a non-partisan way in the best interest of Milford’s education system.”

What about a picture of the other brothers ass? Seems to me that if this happened the way it was in the report, both of the brothers were in on it. Therefore the co-conspirator should be subjected to investigation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Dbl
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-27-2014 at 12:51 AM.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...eer-302944.php

MILFORD -- The former Orange police officer accused of posing as his identical twin to have sex with a woman also faces charges of illegally killing a deer.

State Encon Police arrested Jared Rohrig on the misdemeanor charge, which carries a $200 fine, after finding him hunting on property owned by the Beard Sand and Gravel Co. in north Milford on Oct. 17.

Rohrig was found by an officer from the law enforcement arm of the state Department of Environmental Protection "in a tree stand with a
    bow and arrow," DEP spokesman Dennis Schain said. It was bow-hunting season at that time, the state official said, "but Mr. Rohrig did not have the required 2009 bow-hunting license."

Rohrig's attorney, Edward Gavin, on Tuesday characterized the deer-killing incident as "a throwaway case." Gavin and his client spent more than two hours in Milford Superior Court for a status conference on the sex-assault charges.

Gavin and State's Attorney Kevin Lawlor each received a disc Tuesday containing discovery material, evidence and background information in the sex-assault case. He is charged with first-degree sexual assault and criminal impersonation in connection with the July 19 incident, when the woman said he forced her to continue having sex with him after she realized that she wasn't with his brother.

A key piece of evidence in the case could be the cowboy tattoo that Joe Rohrig has on his buttock. The absence of that tattoo is how the alleged victim claims she knew that Jared was impersonating Joe.

Rohrig, free on $50,000 bond, resigned his position as a probationary police officer in Orange after his arrest. The suspect, dressed in a dark blue suit, dress shirt and tie, waited in a hallway Tuesday while his lawyer conferred with the judge and prosecutor. He declined to comment on the charges.

Gavin would not discuss the material on the disc, and said that he hadn't had an opportunity to review it. The information on the disc was not obtained by a subpoena, the lawyer said, but in the normal course of investigating the claims.

Judge Eddie Rodriguez Jr. agreed to continue the case until Feb. 23 to give both sides time to review the material. Rodriguez has not yet ruled on several motions filed by Gavin challenging the validity of Rohrig's arrest, and seeking to suppress evidence.

Lawlor told the judge that he and Gavin likely would have "substantive discussions" about the case prior to the next appearance date on Feb. 23. Rohrig waited while his lawyer conferred with the judge and prosecutor. He declined to comment on the case.

Gavin said that the motions he filed, including a motion to dismiss all charges, are routine in most criminal cases.
    http://www.nhregister.com/general-ne...ase-document-3

MILFORD -- Former Orange police Officer Jared Rohrig, who was accused of sexually assaulting a woman he lured to his bedroom by pretending to be his twin brother, pleaded no contest to a lesser charge Friday and was sentenced to three years of probation and 90 days of home confinement.

Rohrig, of 7 Flax Mill Lane, had been originally charged with first-degree sexual assault in September 2009 and faced a possible 10-year mandatory prison sentence if found guilty at trial.

State's Attorney Kevin Lawlor revoked the sexual assault charge Friday, and Rohrig pleaded no contest to first-degree unlawful restraint and criminal impersonation. If a plea had not been entered the trial would have begun in 90 days.

Superior Court Judge Richard Arnold said Rohrig's plea is essentially a guilty admission, and he sentenced him to a suspended five-year prison term. He will be on probation for three years.

During the 90-day home confinement, Rohrig may go to church and medical appointments, and must wear an electronic monitoring bracelet.

He also has to pay the $3,000 costs.

Lawlor said the victim fully agreed with the plea agreement, and wants to move on with her life.

"Given all the facts and circumstances and feelings of the complainant, it was an appropriate resolution," Lawlor said. "She made her feelings very clear. It was a compromise."

Lawlor said the plea agreement is based on the fact the state would have "difficulty at trial proving some of the elements of the crime."

Rohrig's attorney, Edward J. Gavin of Bridgeport, said despite Rohrig avoiding jail time it's still a "tough day for him."

"It was an offer that was really difficult to turn down," Gavin said.

Gavin said Rohrig would only accept a plea that did not require him to register as a sex offender.

"Unlawful restraint is a not a sex charge," Gavin said. "Jared completely denied he ever sexually assaulted her and this plea proves that. Also there will be no sex offender probation or sex offender registration. He can move on with his life."

During sentencing Arnold kept using the word "unusual" to describe the case. He said typically sexual assaults are violent or committed by a family member, but that didn't happen here.

"Hopefully, the victim can move forward now. ... Hopefully you can turn your life around and do something positive for the community," Arnold told Rohrig.

Before Rohrig walked out of the courtroom, Arnold told him while "you've made bad choices in your life," one of the best decisions he made was hiring Gavin. Arnold also praised Lawlor for constantly keeping in touch with the victim and honoring her feelings.

Lawlor said the victim could not be present Friday because she was traveling. A Milford Rape Crisis Center victim advocate read a prepared statement from the victim, including a Sept. 9, 2009, journal entry she made a few months after the July 18, 2009, incident.

The victim wrote that she did not want to "spend any more time on this drama." The incident left her feeling "worried, scared, depressed, anxious and paranoid." She said she just wanted to "look forward."

In the journal, the victim wrote that she routinely woke up at 3 a.m. afraid she was pregnant. She also wrote about the "intense anxiety" she felt, and was "petrified" to be left alone.

She wrote that she was in an elevator with a man and was afraid he'd hurt her.

Police said Rohrig pretended to be his twin in order to dupe the woman into having sex with him. The woman came to the Rohrigs' home late July 18, 2009, to see Joseph Rohrig. Joseph told police that when she arrived, he told Jared that he could hang out with her, but to tell her he was in his room, according to an arrest warrant affidavit. Jared instead pretended to be Joseph and hung out with the woman in a hot tub before bringing her to his bed, police said.

The woman told police that during sex she realized she was with Jared and not Joseph when she noticed the man did not have a tattoo of a cowboy on his buttocks. She told police that when she tried to leave, she was forced back onto the bed with a pillow over her face and Jared continued the sexual encounter against her will, according to the affidavit.

In September 2009, Jared Rohrig resigned from his post as a probationary officer with the Orange Police Department.

Arnold's sentence barred Rohrig from contacting the victim for 50 years. Rohrig must also pay $220 for court costs.

"Given all that has been discussed it's not an unfair resolution of this case, it's just unusual circumstances," Arnold said

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publ...cle_9509.shtml

<<considerably snipped>>
    We reluctantly hold that a person who accomplished sexual intercourse by impersonating someone other than a married victim?s spouse is not guilty of the crime of rape of an unconscious person,? the appeals court ruled.

A similar case occurred in 2009, in which a Connecticut man pretended to be his identical twin?s brother and deceivingly raped his twin?s girlfriend, continuing after she tried to fight him off. Jared Rohrig, a 25-year-old police officer, surrendered to authorities and was charged for first-degree sexual assault. Even though he surrendered, the man was able to avoid jail time with a plea deal. Rohrig served a 90-day home confinement and paid a $3,000 fee, but evaded the years of imprisonment that rape offenders are usually forced to serve in the U.S.

In 2010, a law resembling California?s stopped an unmarried woman from pressing rape charges against a stranger in Idaho, who pretended to be her boyfriend. Idaho?s law was amended in 2011 to protect all women ? both married and unmarried ? from rape by men pretending to be their lovers. But since California has not revised its 19th century law, Morales may soon walk free for his deceitful actions while other rape offenders spend decades in the U.S. prison system. RT.com
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-23-2014 at 07:38 PM.

These guys are assholes. A cowboy tat on the ass sounds weird, cover-up or not. Jared got a slap on the wrist, deer killing included, or is it Joe.

Being identical twins their DNA is the same. I wonder if they were ever featured on ID's Evil Twins.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

I am sorry, but the whole story made me lol, from the 'where did your tattoo go???' to the description of the pillow over her face making her feel 'claustrophobic'. Through no fault of the woman, of course, but rather, the weirdo who wrote this article.

And then
    The former Orange police officer accused of posing as his identical twin to have sex with a woman also faces charges of illegally killing a deer.
    Like could things get more degrading for this woman? Could she be less valued?

Is it common for guys to tattoo cowboys on their buttocks? In all the time I hung out at my exes tattoo shop I never witnessed this phenomenom, but I keep picturing something like the old Pistol's shirt

ETA missed your post U2, glad to see I'm not alone with the cowboy weirdness. Maybe it was a drunk prank? He thought he was getting one thing but his mates arranged a surprise. He & his brother like drunk surprise pranks.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-27-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Is it common for guys to tattoo cowboys on their buttocks? In all the time I hung out at my exes tattoo shop I never witnessed this phenomenom, but I keep picturing something like the old Pistol's shirt

ETA missed your post U2, glad to see I'm not alone with the cowboy weirdness. Maybe it was a drunk prank? He thought he was getting one thing but his mates arranged a surprise. He & his brother like drunk surprise pranks.
    Too bad he doesn't have to 'splain his ass tat to Bubba in prison.

That tee looks a wee bit brokeback mountain.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    Too bad he doesn't have to 'splain his ass tat to Bubba in prison.

That tee looks a wee bit brokeback mountain.
    There might be something on that Ween country album that works with it too

Thread Information