Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: KFC Double Down Chicken Sandwich Mystery

Re: KFC Double Down Chicken Sandwich Mystery

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=21847.msg1595929#msg1595929 date=1271281393]
    Ignore.
    [/quote]

Can we still play 'just the tip'?  We don't need to talk.  Or even look at each other. :lol:

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=21847.msg1595933#msg1595933 date=1271281446]
    Can we still play 'just the tip'?  We don't need to talk.  Or even look at each other. :lol:
    [/quote]Perfect.  :2smiley:

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=21847.msg1595934#msg1595934 date=1271281509]
    Perfect.   :2smiley:
    [/quote]

:lol: Yussssss.

I guess I'm a slight hypocrite, as I will eat as much bacon in one sitting as humanly possible.  I've never tried that yet, but it sounds delicious.

I miss the Gilbert Burger-
    During the 1996 season, it became known that Brown would regularly order the "Gilbertburger" — a Double Whopper with extra everything, cut in half with extra cheese, no pickles — always obtained from the Oneida Street Burger King in Green Bay. Burger King even made it available for a short time as a promotion in the Green Bay/Milwaukee area Burger King restaurants.
    Only I'd heard it was a triple whopper. The one my ex and I ordered had to have been a triple. It was HUGE. I choked down half of it.  :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

...speaking of KFC and mouth watering fat....

KFC Pie

Six pieces of fried KFC chicken breasts baked into one pie.

I love this website  http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

:lol: I love/hate that website.  They show me amazing bacon creations that I really want to try, and then I hate myself for getting so excited about it.  And then I don't make them.

OMG. :lol: If a guy brought me this before a date, he'd totally get laid.

:lol: I'm sorry for multi-posting so much but OMFG...BACON WRAPPED PIZZA ROLLS!?!?!?!!?!?!?  My two favorite foods, interlocked in a loving, delicious embrace?!?  Maybe there fucking is a fucking God.  Fucking miracles.

Don't forget about the bacon explosion, Nery.

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

I've also had chicken fried bacon with white gravy to dip.

Dude did you catch the candied bacon was talking about a while back?

http://www.thestickypig.com/

Oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Holy fucking shit, you people.  Why can't I just be one of those assholes who eats like crap and weighs like 5 lbs?  NEENER :2angry:

I never wanted it until Canada told me I shouldn't eat it.  Now I want one.  I never eat fast food so this would be pretty epic. 

mydeathspace

This was my last fastfood for 3 months. I start P90X this weekend or on Monday. Now I'm sort of wishing I had Taco Bell as my last meal.  :-(

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=21847.msg1595992#msg1595992 date=1271285726]
    This was my last fastfood for 3 months. I start P90X this weekend or on Monday. Now I'm sort of wishing I had Taco Bell as my last meal.  :-(
    [/quote]

You can't have Taco Bell before then?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=21847.msg1595919#msg1595919 date=1271280937]
    I agree with Canada :|

:lol:

None of those sandwiches/burgers you all just posted would EVER be consumed by me.  They all look so...disgusting.  The only fast-food burger I eat (and rarely...like once every couple years) is from A&W.  And then I feel like shit.  Ugh, Americans. :lol:

eta: Also, In&Out but since there are none here, doesn't count.

Also, White Castle is fucking GRRRRRROOOOSSSSSSSS :lol:
    [/quote]

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=21847.msg1595853#msg1595853 date=1271278300]
    These by comparison are a lot worse than the Double Down.

Hardees Monster Burger.
    -----

[/quote]
    STOP posting all this delicious stuff that's no where near me!

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=21847.msg1595834#msg1595834 date=1271277434]
    It never took that long for me.  Crappy franchise, I guess.

I probably still would have waited the 10 minutes.  My gluttony knows no boundary.
    [/quote]
    The KFC near me ALWAYS has the longest wait. It's funny cause usually someone in front of me on line will leave in disgust. So I get to move up one. :lol:

I was on line about 20 mins just now waiting for this shit. But it was worth it. I toasted a slice of potato bread to eat it with. The "no bun thing" was too weird for me. I give it 2 thumbs up!

Shut the fuck up. 20 minutes?!

I am impatient. I should have stuck it out. :x

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=21847.msg1596059#msg1596059 date=1271291706]

[/quote]Also the sandwich is enough.  You don't really need potato wedges or anything, but a tub of gravy to dip in would be acceptable.

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=21847.msg1596059#msg1596059 date=1271291706]

[/quote]
    I don't know how fast you guys usually get your food. 20 mins is a little bit more than the average wait at most KFCs I have been to, and I waited longer for them to make it this time. I even got a "sorry sir it's coming" about 16 minutes in this time. How sweet is that?

And keep in mind, it's not cause of a crowd. 3 people were in front of me, and 1 left.

To be honest, before I arrived at the KFC I started getting nervous... do I get potato wedges too? Will I be shocked at the size of this thing? Will I even be able to finish it??!! :lol:

The second I heard 10 minutes I was like, "Ohhh, pshhhhh... yeah I'll get the honey bbq wings..."

I would say on average 5 minutes max wait time at a fast food spot, unless it's El Pollo Loco... then I expect a wait.

LMAO!  I can't believe there is a thread on this.  My husband was trying to explain it to me the other day.  I thought he was joking.  I have to say, the pics you guys have posted make it look better than I thought it would..... Hrm... it's almost dinner time and there is a KFC/A&W around the corner......

Just needed to say that this sandwich will never be ordered by me. Like Hispanics have some fatty foods in their diet but ordering shit like this is just purposely killing myself. I rather sit in the sun and have the occational cigarette as my vice. I kinda don't agree w the whole bannedwich thing but at the same time, there is no reason to mass produce this thing. Average people aren't educated enough to make informed decisions about the fat or calorie content of their foods. I'm not really reffering to people of this website, most of us are fairly well educated and well rounded, but many adults and children will eat this on a regular basis bc it probably tastes great.  Behind all the fat and calories is tons of chemicals and hormones in the dairy and meat, which combined w sugar and caffeine of soda is an addictive nuclear bomb.
    I can't cosign on the justification of the mass production of this sandwich or any other burger, sandwich w a calorie content higher than 800-900.  It's just not right Mannnnn.  

however I will take a bite if I'm around someone I know that's eating it. Consider it scientific research.    

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=21847.msg1596125#msg1596125 date=1271297540]
    Just needed to say that this sandwich will never be ordered by me. Like Hispanics have some fatty foods in their diet but ordering shit like this is just purposely killing myself. I rather sit in the sun and have the occational cigarette as my vice. I kinda don't agree w the whole bannedwich thing but at the same time, there is no reason to mass produce this thing. Average people aren't educated enough to make informed decisions about the fat or calorie content of their foods. I'm not really reffering to people of this website, most of us are fairly well educated and well rounded, but many adults and children will eat this on a regular basis bc it probably tastes great.  Behind all the fat and calories is tons of chemicals and hormones in the dairy and meat, which combined w sugar and caffeine of soda is an addictive nuclear bomb.
    I can't cosign on the justification of the mass production of this sandwich or any other burger, sandwich w a calorie content higher than 800-900.  It's just not right Mannnnn. 

however I will take a bite if I'm around someone I know that's eating it. Consider it scientific research.   
    [/quote]

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=21847.msg1596125#msg1596125 date=1271297540]
    Just needed to say that this sandwich will never be ordered by me. Like Hispanics have some fatty foods in their diet but ordering shit like this is just purposely killing myself. I rather sit in the sun and have the occational cigarette as my vice. I kinda don't agree w the whole bannedwich thing but at the same time, there is no reason to mass produce this thing. Average people aren't educated enough to make informed decisions about the fat or calorie content of their foods. I'm not really reffering to people of this website, most of us are fairly well educated and well rounded, but many adults and children will eat this on a regular basis bc it probably tastes great.  Behind all the fat and calories is tons of chemicals and hormones in the dairy and meat, which combined w sugar and caffeine of soda is an addictive nuclear bomb.
    I can't cosign on the justification of the mass production of this sandwich or any other burger, sandwich w a calorie content higher than 800-900.  It's just not right Mannnnn.  

[/quote]http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2010/04/shots_v_the_double_down.html

"Still, KFC's new creation might surprise you a little on the nutritional front. At 540 calories, the Double Down, though not exactly a dieting food, is 90 calories lighter than McDonald's Premium Crispy Chicken Club Sandwich. "

"Both sandwiches are pretty high in fat, though, with the Double Down weighing in at 32 grams versus 28 grams for the McDonald's sandwich. It's pretty much a dead heat on sodium, with the McDonald's sandwich 1360 milligrams, just 20 milligrams shy of the Double Down"

Thread Information