Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: KFC Double Down Chicken Sandwich Mystery

the color nine

KFC Double Down Chicken Sandwich Mystery

That’s it?  That is the sandwich?  That’s not worth five dollars.  <takes a bite>  Oh… oh my God.  That is the best thing ever.  I don’t know what “Colonel’s Sauce” is, but it is like a party in my mouth.  This is completely worth the five dollars.  Unfortunately I’m going to end up weighing 700 lbs after this, but it is simply amazing.

You just saw the KFC Double Down Chicken Sandwich.  Who dreamed this up?  This is perhaps the most insane “sandwich” I have ever seen. A fried chicken patty, 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of bacon, and another fried chicken patty.  Wow.  Sorry I don’t have much else to say, it is like the Monster Burger of chicken.  My mind is boggled… the funny thing about this sandwich is that it is part of the “unthink kfc” advertising, which has previously only been for grilled chicken.

So, upon seeing this I did what anyone would do and drove over to KFC to buy the beast.  The “meal” is $6.99, but you can buy the sandwich for a mere $4.99.
    http://www.foodgeekery.com/reviews/double-down-with-kfc/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwEZRf3www
    Two slices of bacon. Two slices of cheese (pepperjack and swiss). A dollop of the Colonel's Special Sauce. And two Original Recipe chicken fillets around them as the bun.

Consumerist.com wouldn't rule it out as a hoax, but we called the phone number on the picture of the receipt for the Double Down on Foodgeekery.com, and a friendly worker named Stefan told us it is real.

Omaha, Nebraska (where the Foodgeekery.com reviewer is from), and an area in Rhode Island are test markets for the Double Down Chicken Sandwich, Stefan said. The sandwich has been selling for about three weeks, and "it's doing really well, actually," Stefan said (he declined to give us his last name).

A quick calculation using the nutritional information on KFC's Web site reveals the Double Down Chicken Sandwich to be about 858 calories and 62.4 grams of fat -- about the same amount of calories and more fat than Wendy's 1/3-pound Triple with cheese.

Oh, where did we go wrong, KFC? We wanted to like you, we really did.

The Double Down Chicken Sandwich is not listed on KFC's Web site. We called three KFC stores in the Orlando area and asked them whether they offered the Double Down Chicken Sandwich. None of the workers had heard of it.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fitness_exercise_health/2009/08/double-down-chicken-sandwich-kfc-cardiac-special-of-the-day.html

Re: KFC Double Down Chicken Sandwich Mystery

I actually posted on the comments from that site.  I've had it only once.  It's pretty incredible, but I'm not going to eat it often.

the color nine

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=21847.msg1368274#msg1368274 date=1250961238]
    I actually posted on the comments from that site.  I've had it only once.  It's pretty incredible, but I'm not going to eat it often.
    [/quote]

Did you really have it?  Why is KFC denying knowing about it?

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=21847.msg1368279#msg1368279 date=1250961331]

Did you really have it?  Why is KFC denying knowing about it?
    [/quote]Yep!  
    "Omaha, Nebraska (where the Foodgeekery.com reviewer is from), and an area in Rhode Island are test markets for the Double Down Chicken Sandwich"

I guess I should say that I live in the Omaha area too.  As a test market, other KFC locations probably just don't know of it yet. 

I never got the Cap'n Crunch shake that Hardees/Carl Jrs offered in southern California. 

the color nine

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=21847.msg1368283#msg1368283 date=1250961440]
    Yep! 
    "Omaha, Nebraska (where the Foodgeekery.com reviewer is from), and an area in Rhode Island are test markets for the Double Down Chicken Sandwich"
    [/quote]

I thought for sure it was a fake due to the fact that their commercials have been all look at us we are healthy as shit, honestly we are.  :lol:

You are like the person who actually touched bigfoot! 

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=21847.msg1368287#msg1368287 date=1250961612]

I thought for sure it was a fake due to the fact that their commercials have been all look at us we are healthy as shit, honestly we are.  :lol:

You are like the person who actually touched bigfoot! 
    [/quote]Like the blogger I thought I had dreamed of the commercial at first.  It's disgusting but great at the same time.  Then I saw the commercial again and I couldn't help but laugh when I realized how ridiculous it is.

the color nine

The commercial is what made me think it was a scam.  I mean the guy says he wants to capture the commercial on his cell and he is filming the news and knows the commercial is going to be on?  Unless this commercial was always on after the news?

mydeathspace

I conquered this thing. It was not as bad as I was expecting. It tasted good, but it needed more crunch, grease, cheese, bacon, and fat.

WANT

:2huh:

The chicken is the bread??

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

I'm getting one today after school. I may cut class. I cannot wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

So it looks digusting, but I love food so much I want to try. They are in CA?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

mydeathspace

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=21847.msg1595615#msg1595615 date=1271263910]
    So it looks digusting, but I love food so much I want to try. They are in CA?
    [/quote]

Nationwide as of Monday 4/12.

Oh no, lunch is now decided.

mydeathspace

Just wanted to warn people. This sandwich is no joke. I felt all fine and dandy after eating this thing, but then 4 hours later.... my stomach didn't feel so right. I didn't get sick or crap myself, but my stomach was severely bloated. I looked preggo and felt like purging in order to make things right. I went to bed and feel fine today, but I will never again order this thing.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=21847.msg1595621#msg1595621 date=1271264101]
    Just wanted to warn people. This sandwich is no joke. I felt all fine and dandy after eating this thing, but then 4 hours later.... my stomach didn't feel so right. I didn't get sick or crap myself, but my stomach was severely bloated. I looked preggo and felt like purging in order to make things right. I went to bed and feel fine today, but I will never again order this thing.
    [/quote]
    People here whine about White Castle and I'd eat those for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could. I can take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

this sandwich was banned in Canada.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=21847.msg1595621#msg1595621 date=1271264101]
    [/quote]

Sometimes it hurts so good.  :lol:

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=21847.msg1368274#msg1368274 date=1250961238]
    [/quote]

Ohhhh is it good? I saw the commercial last night and I'm not a big fan of buns anyway. I eat my hamburgers without buns a lot of the time so this sammich is perfect for me.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21847.msg1595622#msg1595622 date=1271264161]
    People here whine about White Castle and I'd eat those for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could. I can take it.
    [/quote]

I think we're the only ones with tummies of steel, Ron

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21847.msg1595622#msg1595622 date=1271264161]
    [/quote]

White Castle.

I can't get them here.  :x

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=21847.msg1595623#msg1595623 date=1271264173]
    this sandwich was banned in Canada.
    [/quote]

Why?

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=21847.msg1595645#msg1595645 date=1271265046]
    I think we're the only ones with tummies of steel, Ron
    [/quote]

:2wave:

the color nine

GO MEAT!

I am going to try this on lunch and give a review. I should be good, I have not had breakfast yet, so there should be room.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=21847.msg1595646#msg1595646 date=1271265129]
    Why?

[/quote]

because it's fucking garbage  :lol: honestly, who really needs this shit?

some would say the government is taking away our rights, blah blah blah, but it's really not that big of a deal. It's not like you couldn't make something like this at home.
    KFC is in it for the $ and people are idiots.

Thread Information