Thread: Therese Johansson Rojo (15) was killed by Tim Vrågård (16) in a jealous rage

Therese Johansson Rojo (15) was killed by Tim Vrågård (16) in a jealous rage

This case is very interesting. Teen drama taken a bit too far. Haven't been able to find any Myspace or Facebook on any of them.

To sum it up; Tim Vrågård made out with Therese and his girlfriend found out. Tim kept begging his girlfriend for forgiveness, he said in a text that he would kill for her. His girlfriend told him to prove it, to kill her so she didn't have to see her at the subway everyday on her way to school. Tim hesitated at first, but then at an outdoor party in June '09 where they were all at, he went through with it and killed her.

The sad thing is that he'll probably only get 4 years in jail for it, and she wont get anything. I hate the low sentences in Scandinavia.

http://www.thelocal.se/19922/20090607/
    A 16-year-old girl was found dead on Sunday morning in woodland in southern Stockholm. Police suspect murder and two teenagers have been detained for questioning.

"Both the boy and the girl that are suspected of involvement in the 16-year-old girl's death have been detained," Karin Solberg at Stockholm police told news agency TT.

The boy is being held on suspicion of murder and the girl for incitement with an alternative charge of complicity to commit murder.

The dead girl, who was born in 1993, was attending a party in the vicinity of where she was found, according to Aftonbladet.

Two friends discovered the girl at 12.40am and called the police.

The teenager then lay badly hurt on the ground at the scene and was rushed to hospital but it was confirmed that she had died from her injuries.

According to Karin Solberg the girl's body showed signs of superficial injuries that indicated a crime but that she had not been subjected to sexual assault.

Police interviewed several young people and adults during the night and believe that they have established a motive for the crime.

During Sunday police will conduct a forensic examination of the area where the girl was found.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The murderer, Tim Vrågård:

Tim's girlfriend, Tove Lind:

The victim, Therese Johansson Rojo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mwSkXXrddM

Re: Therese Johansson Rojo (15) was killed by Tim Vrågård (16) in a jealous rage

Very interesting case indeed. It reminds me of a similar case in Canada (http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=21384.0). Basically, the jealous girlfriend tells boyfriend to kill another girl and he does it. Except in the Canadian case the girl gets life in prison and though the boy hasn't been sentenced yet he will likely get the same punishment.

Re: Therese Johansson Rojo (15) was killed by Tim Vrågård (16) in a jealous rage

sounds a lot like the Diane Zamora and David Graham case from 95'

[quote author=lilnikki link=topic=21785.msg1365855#msg1365855 date=1250711470]
    [/quote]

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading the article.

My coworkers husband is Swedish and I asked him to translate on of the articles linked on the FB memorial site for me.  It contains the text messages sent between the two.  This is the email he sent me:

he said: i ask of you, if you take me back i promise that you will come to love me as you did at one time. if you forgive me for what i have done... i feel so fucking bad for what i have done... i can kill to get you back... and i mean it. i'll kill anyone.

then another text he sent to the gf was: i want to do it, but i do not know if i can... i want to show that i love you more than anything, but i do not know if i can do it.

she responded: you are very tiring you do not do anything i want. i can not trust you. you know what to do on the weekend.

he responded: try tomorrow after school. in that case follow her. dont be angry that i have not done so.

she says: i will not be surprised if you have not done it when i get home. you usually do not do what you promise

he says:" if she is, i'll fix it tonight, unless i find out where she is."

(I think this means if he finds her he'll kill her)

she asks: have you done it?

he says: i dont wanna turn off the mobile phones i'll text u when ive done it

she says: you are so fucking stupid that there is no.... feeling sorry for you. you are so fucking inept.

she says: i cannot sit here 3 seats behind her on the subway. she will die

this is all the cops released to the press
    crazy ass fucks...where did you find this Ang?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

[quote author=lilnikki link=topic=21785.msg1365855#msg1365855 date=1250711470]
    [/quote]

Agreed.  David and Diane can both die. 

Thank your coworker for that translation, angela.

It's amazing what a guy will do for some lame ass ugly pussy.  She's a vindictive whore who doesn't deserve to live.  Neither does little Timmy Boy.  He's too stupid to make up his own mind, to be his own person...fuck him.  Send them to hard labor....in Siberia.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

More translation of the article (this came over IM so it's kinda shorthand):

apparently the gf knocked him upside the head mad hard and knocked one of his teeth loose, then txts him that shes gonna jump in front of the train.

she wrote him some nasty txt messages and said that he will die alone and feel sorry for it. thats when he replied that he'd do anything even kill to be forgiven, he told the police that she the person that will die is the girl he kissed

he told the police that she was the one who began talking about it, she was the one that made the suggestion to kill that girl

then he said he asked his gf via txt msg if there was anything else he could do for her to forgive him

she responded with "then its over"

so 5 day later (after she made the suggestion) the bf met Theresa at a party outside stockholm. the two agreed that they would later go away from the party to talk about what happened in may, in the woods...so basically he lured her into the woods and struck her head with a stick.

he said it was a soft stick, she screamed saying "what have i done to you?" and he got over her and choked her

but he doesnt stop there, he apparently left her there, came back to make sure she was dead, he took the stick and put it up against her neck and squeezed, and kicked her a few times

he told the police that he called the gf immediately after and told her "i did it, shes dead!"
    His lawyer also said " he believes he has difficulty understanding that this could be it for him"

Asshole.  Also, apparently the girl had problems with Therese before this because she had "replaced" her as most popular/pretty/whatever.

Just marking my place...well done for getting the translation angela!
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

[quote author=angelaiscaustic link=topic=21785.msg1367347#msg1367347 date=1250869663]
    More translation of the article (this came over IM so it's kinda shorthand):

His lawyer also said " he believes he has difficulty understanding that this could be it for him"

Asshole.  Also, apparently the girl had problems with Therese before this because she had "replaced" her as most popular/pretty/whatever.

[/quote]

she was a lot prettier....Therese that is. I wish Tim hadn't of been so stupid to listen to the stupid c-unit. Where is the realization that if you kill her for forgiveness..it's not really going to matter behind a jail cell!

Memorial vid for Therese with footage of her with friends

Translated thread of locals discussing the case beginning with the first news reports

http://translate.google.com/translat...26site%3Dwebhp

& very old updates that were missed 5 years ago

TEEN COLLAPSES, RUSHED TO HOSPITAL AFTER TESTIFYING
    http://m.thelocal.se/20090820/21582

Teen murder suspect rushed to hospital TT/The Local | 20 Aug 2009, 14:53 The 16-year-old boy on trial for the murder of 15-year-old Therese Johansson Rojo in the Stockholm suburb of Stureby in June was rushed to hospital on Thursday. * The court proceedings were suspended until further notice. The teenager suffered a panic attack after relating the story of the killing to the court. He had previously told the court about his relationship to Therese.

"The reaction was so severe that an ambulance was called and he was taken to Huddinge hospital. He was not carried on a stretcher and was able to walk by himself," the boy's lawyer, Claes Borgstr?m, told the TT news agency. The cross-examination of the boy would have continued on Thursday afternoon, but will now be delayed until further notice. "I would have thought that the cross-examination can be resumed on Tuesday when the proceedings reconvene. In the interim he will receive help to work through his feelings and recover," Borgstr?m said.

The 16-year-old will receive medical attention and be taken to the youth detention centre where he is being held and will then receive help from a psychologist. Borgstr?m claimed that the boy had received sufficient help and support during the trial. "Yes, I think so. He has me, his parents and staff from the social services with him in court," Borgstr?m said. The 16-year-old female defendant's lawyer, Jan Karlsson, says that he has a raft of questions to put to the boy, which he hopes to be able to ask on Tuesday if the boy's health allows it.

"The case hangs on the testimony of the young defendants and the text messages. Witness testimony has less bearing," Karlsson said. Karlsson said that his defendant has also suffered from the day's events. "She has been feeling very upset all along and that did not improve as a result of this," he said.

CONVICTION
    http://m.thelocal.se/20090909/21978
    Teens convicted for Stureby murder TT/David Landes | 9 Sep 2009, 14:35 The two teenagers charged with killing 15-year-old Therese Johansson Rojo in the Stockholm suburb of Stureby in June were found guilty on Wednesday by the S?dert?rn District Court. * The 16-year-old boy was convicted for murder, while his accomplice, a 16-year-old girl, was convicted for instigation of murder. The evidence against the two presented by prosecutors was overwhelming, according to the court.

The court ordered that both teenagers undergo a psychiatric evaluation before determining their sentences. Results from the tests aren’t expected for at least a month. In making his final statement before the court, prosecutor Jakob Holmberg argued that both young people should be sentenced to four years of institutional juvenile care. Both 16-year-olds appeared somewhat depressed and serious as Holmberg made his case to the court on Wednesday morning. The boy stared at the floor while the girl gazed straight ahead. The prosecutor said that both young people were equally responsible for the death of Johansson Rojo, even if each of them were accused of difference crimes.

According to Holmberg, the girl was responsible for urging the boy to carry out the crime. “The motive is clear. The girl was killed to allow the youngsters’ relationship to continue,” said Holmberg. He argued that the 16-year-old boy was credible and offered important information about the event, but that the girl’s story was distorted. As he finished his remarks, he addressed both suspects. “You must now live with what happened for the rest of your lives. Take the opportunity to work through this in order to get back on your feet,” he said.

Attorney Claes Borgstr?m, who represented the 16-year-old boy, said it wasn’t so easy to sum up the case. “This is a case about children. The accused, the victim, and the witnesses are children. This has significance for determining the sentence,” he said. Borgstr?m admitted that his client was largely responsible for the death of Johansson Rojo, who died from injuries caused by the boy following a party celebrating her ninth grade graduation. “My client has never tried to hide what happened or minimize his roll. He’s provided an explanation of how it could have happened,” he said.

Borgstr?m characterized the murder as resulting from a psychological phenomenon related to the young couple’s unusually strong teenage romance, which included engagement rings. He said that they had an unrealistic view of adult life and how a relationship works. He emphasized that the boy and girl as a couple were an extremely unfortunate match. “He was submissive and she was dominant,” he said. According to testimony and evidence gathered from mobile phone text messages, the 16-year-old girl had threatened to break up with the boy unless he killed Johansson Rojo, who had allegedly told several people that she was also in a relationship with the boy.

After asking Johansson Rojo to accompany him to a wooded area near the graduation party, the 16-year-old boy proceeded to beat and strangle the girl, leaving her for dead. She was found early the next morning, seriously injured. She was then rushed to a hospital where she later died from her injuries. *

SENTENCING

http://m.thelocal.se/20091026/22890
    Juvenile care for Stureby teen killing

TT/David Landes | 26 Oct 2009, 16:15

The two teenagers found guilty for the death of 15-year-old Therese Johansson Rojo in the Stockholm suburb of Stureby last summer have each been sentenced to 20 months in institutional juvenile care.

In September, S?dert?rn District Court found the two teens, a 16-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl, guilty of having killed the girl.

The boy was found guilty of murder and the girl of instigation of murder. The court was unable to rule on what punishment the teens would receive at the time, however, instead needing to wait for the completion of a psychiatric evaluation.

The evaluation showed that neither of the youths suffered from a psychiatric disorder, meaning that the resulting punishment would be institutional juvenile care.

The 16-year-old boy killed Johansson Rojo one night in June by hitting her in the head with a club, strangling her, and leaving her for dead. She later died from her injuries.

The boy carried out the killing at the behest of the girl charged in the case after she threatened to break up with the boy unless he killed Johansson Rojo, who had allegedly told several people that she was also in a relationship with the boy.

Attorney Claes Borgstr?m, who defended the 16-year-old boy, argued during Monday?s hearing about what sort of punishment would be suitable for his client.

?The severity of his crime would have earned an adult ten years in prison. That should be the starting point for what sort of punishment my client should have,? he said, according to the TT news agency.

He then detailed a number of mitigating circumstances in making the case for a lesser sentence, concluding that his client should be sentenced to between 18 and 24 months in institutional juvenile care.

According to Borgstr?m, his client had been subjected to psychological abuse by his girlfriend and argued that the court must take that into consideration.

?My client didn?t have the capacity to control his actions. I reject the prosecutor?s motion for four years of juvenile care,? he said

The girl?s attorney, Jan Karlsson, also argued that the punishment shouldn?t be more than two years in a juvenile facility.

He said the case was complicated and argued that it wasn?t possible to say that one of the two teens was more responsible than the other.

?Both were under stress and emotional. It?s hard to say who may have affected who,? said Karlsson.

20 months each for murder AND THEY APPEALED I'm not at all into the whole "try them as adults!!!" thing, but shiiiit!

Appeals court confirms Stureby killing sentences TT/The Local | 5 Feb 2010, 11:15 The Svea Court of Appeal has confirmed the sentences for the two teenagers convicted in the killing of 15-year-old Therese Johansson Rojo in the Stockholm suburb of Stureby last summer. In September 2009, S?dert?rn District Court found the two teens, a 16-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl, guilty of having killed the girl.

The boy was found guilty of murder and the girl of instigation of murder. The court confirmed that the two teenagers should serve 20 months in institutional juvenile care. The court ruled that the evidence supported the judgement that the boy had been subjected to psychological abuse by his girlfriend and thus that their intent was the same, despite the fact that the boy actually executed the killing.

The boy admitted to the killing to the police the day after, while the girl maintained her innocence in the S?dertorn court trial. According to testimony and evidence gathered from mobile phone text messages, the 16-year-old girl had threatened to break up with the boy unless he killed Johansson Rojo, who had allegedly told several people that she was also in a relationship with the boy.

After asking Johansson Rojo to accompany him to a wooded area near the graduation party that they were attending, the 16-year-old boy proceeded to beat and strangle Johansson Rojo, leaving her for dead. She was found early the next morning, seriously injured. She was then rushed to a hospital where she later died from her injuries

Well I guess they've been out for a few years now - how lovely for them. I wonder if they're still dating.

Fuck.

ETA I've gone back & re-read the sentence 5 times now because I keep thinking someone's going to point out that I've been an idiot & misread the articles - but nope, 20 months in juvenile detention.

Her poor family.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-06-2014 at 04:56 AM.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    P A T H E T I C . 20 fucking months for taking a life. Deliberately. Oh, AND they appealed that shit? Amazing. The arrogance never ceases to amaze me. And her poor family was probably like
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

In the pic of him posted in the first post of the guy, Tim....I almost spit out my drink because in that pic, he looks so much like a guy I dated briefly, years ago...

This story is insane! I never heard about it before today.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I think this might be her facebook.. She has lost some weight but the first 2 pictures she upload looks just like the girl just a little older.

https://www.facebook.com/tove.lind.3

I'm not sure it has anything to do with their age. Scandinavian countries are big on rehabilitation, and since they actually practice what they preach it proves to be largely successful.
    http://content.time.com/time/photoga...989083,00.html

http://gizmodo.com/sweden-is-closing...put-1462950734

Thread Information