Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Families Stunned By Taconic Crash Revelations

Re: Families Stunned By Taconic Crash Revelations

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21513.msg1354577#msg1354577 date=1249537189]
    I know they had the funeral together- what I meant was, do you think the brother had been informed of the tox results at the time of the funeral?
    [/quote]

Oh, I was under the impression that it was being said that the brother didn't go to the sister's funeral.  Did he go and just not speak about her?  Is that what they meant by not honoring her?

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=holly link=topic=21513.msg1354578#msg1354578 date=1249537361]
    Oh, I was under the impression that it was being said that the brother didn't go to the sister's funeral.  Did he go and just not speak about her?  Is that what they meant by not honoring her?
    [/quote]I thought they had a joint memorial and that was what I was referring to.

When they said he didn't honor her, I was referring to him speaking at the memorial and specifically referencing his daughters, niece, and the "miracle boy" Bryan. He did not say anything about his sister. I am wondering if he already knew about the tox screen at this time- or assumed.

Sorry for the clusterfuck. :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21513.msg1354574#msg1354574 date=1249536566]
    When they said the results weren't released until after the funeral- do you think they were released to the family?
    [/quote]

Somewhere on here they said the tox report info was given to the family the day before.

The family was notified of the test results Friday, police said. The day before, Schuler and the four girls were laid to rest.
    Holly's post on the first page. I read it wrong. They were laid to rest on Thursday and the results were released on Friday. If he didn't speak of his sister... they had to have known before hand, or else the brother knows something that hasn't been told to the media.

[quote author=intrigued1csc link=topic=21513.msg1354582#msg1354582 date=1249537685]
    Somewhere on here they said the tox report info was given to the family the day before.
    [/quote]The day before the funeral or the day before it was released to the media?

:lol:

[quote author=intrigued1csc link=topic=21513.msg1354583#msg1354583 date=1249537832]
    Holly's post on the first page.
    [/quote]AHH OK THANK YOU. So, he didn't know about the tox results, but still didn't mention her at the memorial.

Is anyone following me.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21513.msg1354585#msg1354585 date=1249537945]
    AHH OK THANK YOU. So, he didn't know about the tox results, but still didn't mention her at the memorial.

Is anyone following me.
    [/quote]

I followed you... just... very slowly.  :lol:

I had to edit my post cause I am a re-re. 

[quote author=intrigued1csc link=topic=21513.msg1354586#msg1354586 date=1249538035]
    I followed you... just... very slowly.  :lol:

I had to edit my post cause I am a re-re. 
    [/quote]No you aren't. I suck at expressing thoughts. It's not a new revelation. :lol:

Okay, so we still don't know if he already knew. I would find it very interesting if he did not KNOW at the time of the funeral and still said nothing about his sister. It would lead me to believe that he would SUSPECT.

I hope this makes sense. :oops:

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21513.msg1354589#msg1354589 date=1249538317]
    No you aren't. I suck at expressing thoughts. It's not a new revelation. :lol:

Okay, so we still don't know if he already knew. I would find it very interesting if he did not KNOW at the time of the funeral and still said nothing about his sister. It would lead me to believe that he would SUSPECT.

I hope this makes sense. :oops:
    [/quote]

Ooo I see where you're going.  Like if he thought that she was fucked up when she called him and did nothing about it.  Ooooo. *insert dramatic chipmunk*

[quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=21513.msg1354304#msg1354304 date=1249506488]
    So what does her brain register the oncoming cars as?  Does she just not notice them?

I guess I have to chalk this up to "alcohol affects everyone differently" because that's never happened to me.  I remember everything from the night before even if I puke and pass out.
    [/quote]

necro? Here we go again

[quote author=holly link=topic=21513.msg1354590#msg1354590 date=1249538458]
    Ooo I see where you're going.  Like if he thought that she was fucked up when she called him and did nothing about it.  Ooooo. *insert dramatic chipmunk*
    [/quote]That's a possibility too, but what I was reeeeally going for was, this wasn't out of the ordinary and he figured as much when the accident happened.

Didn't he leave to get her but not get there in time?

[quote author=holly link=topic=21513.msg1354590#msg1354590 date=1249538458]
    [/quote]

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21513.msg1354592#msg1354592 date=1249538676]
    That's a possibility too, but what I was reeeeally going for was, this wasn't out of the ordinary and he figured as much when the accident happened.

Didn't he leave to get her but not get there in time?
    [/quote]

Ah I see.  I think he did.  An article said he told her to wait until help arrived...  But if he suspected something like that, he should have called professional help to be there quick. It's pretty hard to tell a drunk person not to drive, without physically taking away their keys, in my experience at least.   If he did know something, he could be charged criminally.

[quote author=holly link=topic=21513.msg1354595#msg1354595 date=1249538962]
    Ah I see.  I think he did.  An article said he told her to wait until help arrived...  But if he suspected something like that, he should have called professional help to be there quick. It's pretty hard to tell a drunk person not to drive, without physically taking away their keys, in my experience at least.   If he did know something, he could be charged criminally.
    [/quote]

Well unless the tox report was revealed to the fam before the service, he def knew something.

[quote author=holly link=topic=21513.msg1354595#msg1354595 date=1249538962]
    [/quote]Iffff (and I'm saying IF) he didn't think she was drunk when she called, and he didn't know the tox results at the time of the funeral, it would lead me to believe that he suspected she had been drunk because of prior experience and therefore that is why he did not mention her at the memorial.

I think that's as concise as I can make myself, haha.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21513.msg1354599#msg1354599 date=1249539170]
    Iffff (and I'm saying IF) he didn't think she was drunk when she called, and he didn't know the tox results at the time of the funeral, it would lead me to believe that he suspected she had been drunk because of prior experience and therefore that is why he did not mention her at the memorial.

I think that's as concise as I can make myself, haha.
    [/quote]

Yes, I understand.  So her (probable) alcoholism might not have been as hidden as they have tried to claim.  Got it.

And in that case, they shouldn't have left her responsible for driving 5 kids 90 miles.  And since they did, they could be charged, is the impression I got from an earlier article.

[quote author=holly link=topic=21513.msg1354600#msg1354600 date=1249539310]
    Yes, I understand.  So her (probable) alcoholism might not have been as hidden as they have tried to claim.  Got it.

And in that case, they shouldn't have left her responsible for driving 5 kids 90 miles.  And since they did, they could be charged, is the impression I got from an earlier article.
    [/quote]YES.

And YES.

I can't stop thinking about what those kids knew. Like, cannot stop.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21513.msg1354601#msg1354601 date=1249539419]
    YES.

And YES.

I can't stop thinking about what those kids knew. Like, cannot stop.
    [/quote]

I just hope so much, that the children were killed on impact and didn't burn to death. It is SO SO SO sad to know that those children's last moments of life were filled with insurmountable fear (You know THEY realized they weren't going the same way as the rest of the cars, and THEY knew people were honking for a reason).

God I am so obsessed with this story its not even funny. I really, sincerely with all my heart hope that answers appear soon because this has me scratching my head. Why?? How did this happen? So sad, but so puzzling.

[quote author=oohsofaabulous link=topic=21513.msg1354632#msg1354632 date=1249544249]
    God I am so obsessed with this story its not even funny. I really, sincerely with all my heart hope that answers appear soon because this has me scratching my head. Why?? How did this happen? So sad, but so puzzling.
    [/quote]
    I was just watching the saddest episode ever of Intervention with this guy Bret, and at one point his daughter is like 'you would pick me up from school and buy alcohol and drink it on the way home!'
    It's fucking insane how low people can sink, and the way kids have of just silently accepting it.

I have a friend whose brother is buried at the same cemetery and she was there the other day. She has to walk past this families grave to get to her brothers. She said that they were in the same area and in the place where the headstone would go there is a place marker with all 5 of the names on it.

-

I also thought I heard on the news that they didn't tell the family of the toxicology report until the day after the funeral

Ok sorry about the triple post. I'm just trying to post on my phone now that I can't get here from work anymore. Anyway I read where someone asked why when diane called her brother the brother didn't call authorities. He actually did. He told them to look out for his sister and her van. I don't believe he told the state police that he thought she was drunk though. This leads me to believe that he did know she was drunnk, but still didn't want to get his sister in trouble

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=InMyLife link=topic=21513.msg1354706#msg1354706 date=1249564898]
    Ok sorry about the triple post. I'm just trying to post on my phone now that I can't get here from work anymore. Anyway I read where someone asked why when diane called her brother the brother didn't call authorities. He actually did. He told them to look out for his sister and her van. I don't believe he told the state police that he thought she was drunk though. This leads me to believe that he did know she was drunnk, but still didn't want to get his sister in trouble
    [/quote]

But if they find her at that point, it doesn't really matter does it? It's not like they won't know she's drunk since he didn't mention it. :|
    She gets pulled over.... game over.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Yeah you are right. I guess I could not figure out another reason for why the brother would call the state police and not say anything about her condition. If he called based on what was orginally reported thay she wasn't feeling good then I think he would of been calling for an ambulance

Thread Information