Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Families Stunned By Taconic Crash Revelations

Re: Families Stunned By Taconic Crash Revelations

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21513.msg1353909#msg1353909 date=1249479311]
    Is it actually possible that getting into the car with these kids and driving the wrong way on an expressway was her idea for a kick-ass suicide? Sure.
    But I don't see how her simply deciding to drive drunk doesn't seem like the more plausible scenario. :?

I have to read your latest posts. I'm so clueless.

But I don't understand why people are all 'conspiracy theory' all over this one. She was a drunk, and she drove. It makes more sense than her methodically putting together this elaborate scheme to kill herself, the kids, and some people on the road to-be-named-later.
    I gotta read up on this one some more though. Just cause I'm curious if I can see what some people are seeing.
    [/quote]

So not to distract from the thread, I guess start here Ron. 

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=16633.msg1349667#msg1349667

You missed it with everything going on with you.  Which I hope you're at least comfortable, and on the mend. 

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21513.msg1353909#msg1353909 date=1249479311]
    I have to read your latest posts. I'm so clueless.

But I don't understand why people are all 'conspiracy theory' all over this one. She was a drunk, and she drove. It makes more sense than her methodically putting together this elaborate scheme to kill herself, the kids, and some people on the road to-be-named-later.
    I gotta read up on this one some more though. Just cause I'm curious if I can see what some people are seeing.
    [/quote]

I defiantly agree with you, I doubt it was suicide. I guess my thing is all week we have been hearing on the news is what a great person she was and a loving mother and blah blah blah. But I guess we see this kind of stuff all the time on here, once someone dies they become a saint and that is not always true. I feel terrible for everyone that was effected by this

Hhmmm.

Maybe they couldn't spend a lot of time together due to his work so it was easier for her to get away with hiding her severe alcoholism. But the big camping vacation weekend forced her to play it straight in front of hubby.The minute they seperated by taking different cars she was all over the bottle and couldn't wait to calm her nerves. She Might have normally been a "all day" drinker who was trying to play catch up quickly before she got home :|

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=21513.msg1353917#msg1353917 date=1249480873]
    Hhmmm.

Maybe they couldn't spend a lot of time together due to his work so it was easier for her to get away with hiding her severe alcoholism. But the big camping vacation weekend forced her to play it straight in front of hubby.The minute they seperated by taking different cars she was all over the bottle and couldn't wait to calm her nerves. She Might have normally been a "all day" drinker who was trying to play catch up quickly before she got home :|
    [/quote]

Now HERE'S a theory I can get behind!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21513.msg1353920#msg1353920 date=1249481101]
    Now HERE'S a theory I can get behind!
    [/quote]

Makes a lot of sense. 

Such a shame though. 

Yeah there's questioning of who in the family was aware she had a drinking problem - the suggestion is that it was not a one time binge - ten shots of vodka would knock a non drinker unconscious. For a functional alcoholic?  You could ostensibly get behind the wheel and be fucked to hell but still conscious enough to drive. Challenges what we perceive as the face of addiction. Either way incredibly incredibly fucked.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=21513.msg1353917#msg1353917 date=1249480873]
    Hhmmm.

[/quote]
    This is what I was thinking... what a tragedy...

It makes me sick to think about the fear all those kids were feeling.
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

Cakes theory makes sense. I just can't imagine intentionally chugging vodka while driving 5 children around. Ugh.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Next time I hear a 8 y/o girl crying for a cell phone and the parents saying "no" I'm going to think about this.

I keep wishing she had one and was calling her father and telling him WTF was going on. Maybe it could have got her to pull over before it was too late.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21513.msg1353903#msg1353903 date=1249477461]
    I don't see why it's so hard to believe someone can hide addiction. Not everyone looks like the people on Interventon.
    It seems to me like the people saying it's suicide aren't ready to deal with the ugly truth here. Usually it's the other way around though...with people denying the suicide. Weird.

But this chick got fucked up, and drove. The end.

Happens with these housewives all the time.

[/quote]What? I don't think she hid it very well, do you?

I'm not saying she wasn't addicted. I'm just saying it doesn't add up.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21513.msg1354091#msg1354091 date=1249493645]
    What? I don't think she hid it very well, do you?

I'm not saying she wasn't addicted. I'm just saying it doesn't add up.
    [/quote]

I have heard the story on the air for awhile. It came out that she was drunk. I don't see what doesn't add up, that's why I said I have to go back to the details. :-P
    But according to news reports up till now, she was just the perfect little housewife, and it was a mystery how this could happen. Her being an addict just seems like the missing puzzle piece to me, not something that opens a new can of worms.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21513.msg1354102#msg1354102 date=1249494149]
    I have heard the story on the air for awhile. It came out that she was drunk. I don't see what doesn't add up, that's why I said I have to go back to the details. :-P
    But according to news reports up till now, she was just the perfect little housewife, and it was a mystery how this could happen. Her being an addict just seems like the missing puzzle piece to me, not something that opens a new can of worms.
    [/quote]It's definitely possible. Maybe after a weekend of camping she just needed it so bad...it just seems like if they did this every weekend, SOMETHING would have happened before now. If she was always drunk and driving the same route back, it seems like either she would have been able to navigate the highway same as usual, or would have been pulled over before and have some kind of record.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21513.msg1354102#msg1354102 date=1249494149]
    But according to news reports up till now, she was just the perfect little housewife, and it was a mystery how this could happen. Her being an addict just seems like the missing puzzle piece to me, not something that opens a new can of worms. [/quote]

i agree.  she had to have been an addict.  and theres no way she was a stranger to pot.  she was away, camping...she had to have brought it with her. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Bastardi Family to sue

The families of three Yonkers men killed in the Taconic crash plan to sue Diane Schuler's family, claiming they had to know the death-driver had drug and alcohol problems, their lawyer said Wednesday.

"Any person who was aware that she was drinking is an accomplice," said Irving Anolik, lawyer for the Bastardi and Longo families.

"She didn't just wake up one morning with a drug problem and capable of drinking that much alcohol.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/08/05/2009-08-05_families_of_three_yonkers_men_killed_in_taconic _crash_to_sue_driver_diane_schule.html

[quote author=neener link=topic=21513.msg1354122#msg1354122 date=1249494986]
    i agree.  she had to have been an addict.  and theres no way she was a stranger to pot.  she was away, camping...she had to have brought it with her. 
    [/quote]

Come to think of it she probably brought the pot because she knew she wouldn't be able to drink. She probably snuck away for a few moments and got high because alcohol and being drunk are way more obvious.

l

I've driven really fucked up before and have never come close to doing what this chick did.  I don't see how you could be so fucked up that you think that all the cars honking and swerving around you is normal, yet still be conscious.  That's the weird part here.  She had to know she was driving the wrong way.  Maybe she wasn't suicidal per say, but just didn't give a fuck either way.   :|
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve. - Jello Biafra

[quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=21513.msg1354181#msg1354181 date=1249498337]
    I've driven really fucked up before and have never come close to doing what this chick did.  I don't see how you could be so fucked up that you think that all the cars honking and swerving around you is normal, yet still be conscious.  That's the weird part here.  She had to know she was driving the wrong way. Maybe she wasn't suicidal per say, but just didn't give a fuck either way.  :|
    [/quote]

Wrong.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21513.msg1354189#msg1354189 date=1249499015]
    Wrong.
    [/quote]Seriously. And it's "per se."

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21513.msg1354189#msg1354189 date=1249499015]
    Wrong.
    [/quote]

This is in poor taste I know, But you just made me think of it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7v0eth4XAM

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21513.msg1354194#msg1354194 date=1249499240]
    Seriously. And it's "per se."
    [/quote]

:lol: I skimmed through the rest of his post. I didn't even notice 'per say'

ETA: Has to them "going the wrong way" right? :lol:
    I did that with a friend once on 11th Ave. and he was (pretty much) sober. It happens.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21513.msg1354215#msg1354215 date=1249500990]
    :lol: I skimmed through the rest of his post. I didn't even notice 'per say'

ETA: Has to them "going the wrong way" right? :lol:
    I did that with a friend once on 11th Ave. and he was (pretty much) sober. It happens.
    [/quote]
    Ummmm.
    I've gone the wrong way on a one way street in a strange town where there are no cars, but never when there's traffic on a highway.
    But this woman was horribly impaired. It's so hard for me to swallow because to me, that argument is moot based on her decision to become that impaired.

My best friend was in a really similar accident. She was wasted- after making plans to stay the night somewhere, she suddenly "had to leave" and doesn't remember any of it. She had no idea she was going the wrong way on the highway. It's obviously possible this woman didn't either. I keep thinking of what those kids knew and thought.

[quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=21513.msg1354181#msg1354181 date=1249498337]
    I've driven really fucked up before and have never come close to doing what this chick did.  I don't see how you could be so fucked up that you think that all the cars honking and swerving around you is normal, yet still be conscious.  That's the weird part here.  She had to know she was driving the wrong way.  Maybe she wasn't suicidal per say, but just didn't give a fuck either way.  :|
    [/quote]

You are at least 6 kinds of dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    No one ever gets me. Where is Lawchick? We speak the same intellectual language.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Fuckin LawChick, how does she work?

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=21513.msg1354227#msg1354227 date=1249501940]
    My best friend was in a really similar accident. She was wasted- after making plans to stay the night somewhere, she suddenly "had to leave" and doesn't remember any of it. She had no idea she was going the wrong way on the highway. It's obviously possible this woman didn't either. I keep thinking of what those kids knew and thought.
    [/quote]
    You and I have discussed this before. I have no empathy for this woman. She knew what she was doing the minute she started drinking behind the wheel. Doubtlessly, she was too wasted to know what was going on, but it was her fault for drinking in the first place.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=21513.msg1354242#msg1354242 date=1249502413]
    You and I have discussed this before. I have no empathy for this woman. She knew what she was doing the minute she started drinking behind the wheel. Doubtlessly, she was too wasted to know what was going on, but it was her fault for drinking in the first place.
    [/quote]What? I didn't say I have empathy or that anyone else should, at all. :lol: I'm just telling Evolved that his theory sucks.

Thread Information