Thread: Cremation urn shaped like head/face of the deceased

Cremation urn shaped like head/face of the deceased

My mom has been keeping my dad's ashes in a plain black box since he passed.  I cannot imagine having a scale model made of his head and keeping them in there instead, but apparently that type of an urn is in demand --

Article: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?Ashes_urn_shaped_like_a_human_head&am p;in_article_id=712809&in_page_id=2&h

A company is offering a unique keepsake of the dearly departed - an urn shaped like their head.

The urns come in a full-sized version, able to "hold all of the ashes of any adult" or in 'Keepsake-sized', which hold a portion of the ashes and offer a smaller version of the deceased's head for display.

They are created from one or two photographs.

The company behind them claims the 'personal urns' are a 'new and exciting' way to memorialise your loved one.

Cremation Solutions spokesman Jeff Staab says: "New advances in facial reconstruction and 3D printing have made it possible to have an urn made in the image of anyone from just a photograph. "Our personal urns combine art and technology to create a family heirloom that will be cherished for generations." A full-size head costs $2,600, (£1,600) while a keepsake size one is $600 (£365). No hair or wig is provided, but the US-based firm offer to "digitally add hair if you wish". Mr Staab added: "Personal urns can be designed to look like anyone. We just need good pictures. "We prefer one picture from the front and one from the side, but complexions can be adjusted in the final stages and customers get a chance to proof the results."
    Company's website: http://www.cremationsolutions.com/ (click 'personal urns')

A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

Re: Cremation urn shaped like head/face of the deceased

Creepy.

Scary.  Real scary.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

holy crap, thats weird.  :-o

i dont think i'd want one of those in my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I would like to see one with the wig on.    I think it's probably a little less creepy with one, but yeah there's no way I'd ever purchase that.

No no no no no noooooo.

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night, going to the kitchen for a drink of water and glancing into.... whatever room you would put THAT in. Talk about pissing your pants EVERY time.

Do. Not. Want. Ick.

:2thescream:

I can imagine a bronze or marble bust, but those eyes look like the eyes of someone who has been dead a while. Fogged over cadaver eyes are the reason I would never buy that.
    "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.” - Calvin & Hobbes (God's favorite comic strip)

Thread Information