Thread: Man digs up dead dad's remains and takes them home

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

Man digs up dead dad's remains and takes them home

THETFORD, Vt. -- A Vershire man has been accused of digging up his father's remains and bringing them home with him because he missed his late father.

Dominik A. Bailey Jr., 43, has been charged with felony removal of human remains after allegedly digging up the cremated man's remains from a Vershire graveyard.

Thetford police said they received a call from Bailey's mother on Friday telling authorities that she believed her son had gone and dug up her husband's cremated remains, taking the remains and the headstone home with him. The mother said she was going to check the grave site and later told police all she saw at the site was a hole in the ground.

http://www.wptz.com/cnn-news/20262990/detail.html

Re: Man digs up dead dad's remains and takes them home

Ed Gein wanna be?

Re: Man digs up dead dad's remains and takes them home

All I gotta say is, at least he was cremated. But why take the headstone? So he could bury him in the backyard or something? It is a weird thing to do, but not really that gross. Now, had he taken Daddy's rotting body and put him in the armchair in the living room, that would have been gross.

OMG!! I just ran across this thread. This same kind of shit happened my first week working dispatch by myself Thanksgiving weekend 1989. (Big hint of how fucking old I am) Our PD got a call that there was a man running naked through our town cemetery. When our officers got there they determined that the dude was crazy and the put him in the squad car and brought him up to station. He was a really big man, lotsa fat rolls that would prohibit all places being sufficiently reached with a wash cloth, which at the time we attributed being the cause of this man's hellacious stench. My officer found an old raincoat and they put him in the "Otis" tank and waited for a call that there was a bed available at the Parish mental health facility. In the meantime we get another call that there had been a grave desecration at the same cemetery. Come to find out, big nekkid stank man in the tank had decided to break his daddy out of his grave and bring him home for Thanksgiving. Only thing was, when he reached in to pull Pops out of the casket his arm came off along with his suit that had basically been cut up the back and just slid on to the front of the dad. Freaky Deaky, yeah?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    OMG!! I just ran across this thread. This same kind of shit happened my first week working dispatch by myself Thanksgiving weekend 1989. (Big hint of how fucking old I am) Our PD got a call that there was a man running naked through our town cemetery. When our officers got there they determined that the dude was crazy and the put him in the squad car and brought him up to station. He was a really big man, lotsa fat rolls that would prohibit all places being sufficiently reached with a wash cloth, which at the time we attributed being the cause of this man's hellacious stench. My officer found an old raincoat and they put him in the "Otis" tank and waited for a call that there was a bed available at the Parish mental health facility. In the meantime we get another call that there had been a grave desecration at the same cemetery. Come to find out, big nekkid stank man in the tank had decided to break his daddy out of his grave and bring him home for Thanksgiving. Only thing was, when he reached in to pull Pops out of the casket his arm came off along with his suit that had basically been cut up the back and just slid on to the front of the dad. Freaky Deaky, yeah?
    A lot of the stuff you have experienced would traumatize me. So the dad was naked in the coffin when you found him? I guess his son thought he should get naked too

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    A lot of the stuff you have experienced would traumatize me. So the dad was naked in the coffin when you found him? I guess his son thought he should get naked too
    No dad still had his pants and shoes on. I never knew that funeral homes sometimes dressed people like that. It was like the suit and tie was all buttoned and attached in front and they just cut up the back of the suit and slid it on over the arms and like tucked it under. That's why it all came off when her pull his arm off. Sorta kinda like putting on a Snuggie. What was really.freaky was the dad had been dead just a few years and what was left of skin was very thin. You could see where the Y incision was done and I shit you not, the organs were in a plastic bag and all put back in the chest cavity. It was gnarly.
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 08-03-2013 at 11:25 AM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Thread Information