Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartment

Re: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartm

I think all the Corey fam is crazy did i read wrong or did it say the uncle wants custody of the baby ...WTF that baby has nothing to do with the Corey fam . only the fact that Julie Corey killed the the mother of the child .......

Re: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartm

Not sure why i haven't mentioned this before but does it weird people out that a lot of the news articles are calling the baby a fetus e.g
    Mom-to-Be Darlene Haynes Killed, Cops Search for Her Fetus
    from abc news  :?
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

[quote author=lulupop link=topic=21385.msg1354132#msg1354132 date=1249495284]
    Not sure why i haven't mentioned this before but does it weird people out that a lot of the news articles are calling the baby a fetus e.g  from abc news  :?
    [/quote]
    When they first starting seaching it was questionable if the baby was alive or if it was dead. 

Definition of Fetus
    Fetus: The unborn offspring from the end of the 8th week after conception (when the major structures have formed) until birth. Up until the eighth week, the developing offspring is called an embryo.

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Here it says Julies hearing was delayed till 7th Jan but can't find anything after that-

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KI5JYbp-8TUJ:politifi.com/news/Hearing-delayed-in-pregnant-womans-death-224013.html+Julie+Corey+hearing&cd=4&hl=en &ct=clnk&gl=uk

http://www.telegram.com/article/2014...140129901/1116

Cut-from-womb case opening statements this morning

(Jan. 27, 2014) WORCESTER - Opening statements have wrapped up this morning in the trial of the woman accused of murdering a pregnant woman in 2009.

Julie A. Corey, 39, faces a charge of murder in the first degree. She is accused of killing Darlene Haynes, 23, and cutting open her abdomen and removing her unborn child. Now 4, the child lives with her father.

Ms. Corey, who has pleaded not guilty, was in Worcester Superior Court last week for
    jury selection. The jury, with alternates, is made up of eight men and eight women.

The trial is expected to take 12 days.

In opening statements, Michael Wilcox, the lawyer for Ms. Corey focused on a restraining order Ms. Corey had against an ex-boyfriend. He told jurors that the police investigation was not thorough.

Prosecutor Daniel Bennett said Ms. Corey had been pregnant but lost her baby before she allegedly killed Ms. Haynes and took her baby.

"I am going to ask you to find Julie Corey guilty of the murder of Darlene Haynes," Mr. Bennett said to jurors.

Julie Corey with the baby she allegedly cut from her friend's womb:

Julie Corey in court:

The victim, Darlene Haynes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

A woman accused of killing her pregnant friend three months after her own miscarriage was convicted Wednesday of beating and strangling her, then cutting the baby from her womb and passing the child off as her daughter.

Julie Corey sobbed as a Worcester Superior Court jury found her guilty of the 2009 murder of 23-year-old Darlene Haynes. The jurors had deliberated for 10 hours over two days. Sentencing was scheduled for Tuesday.

Prosecutors said Haynes was eight months pregnant when Corey attacked her and cut the baby out of her body. They told the jury that Corey had been pregnant, too, but had a miscarriage three months earlier and told her boyfriend and family that Haynes' baby was her own.

"It's probably the most horrific case this office has ever seen in terms of facts," District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. said in a statement after the verdict was handed down. "This woman was killed for her baby."

Corey, 39, did not testify during the trial.

Related: Mass. cut-from-womb trial coming to a close

Corey's lawyers contended that police failed to follow up on leads that could have implicated other potential suspects in the killing, including Haynes' ex-boyfriend. They also suggested that Haynes' ex-boyfriend had given Corey and her boyfriend, Alex Dion, the baby. Dion denied that on the witness stand.

Defense lawyer Michael Wilcox said he was disappointed with the verdict, but not surprised. He said they plan to appeal.

"We were aware of the evidence against her," Wilcox said, adding that the facts alone in the case were difficult to discuss. "We worked very hard to present the jury with a different picture, but we weren't ultimately successful."

Wilcox said he would not comment on Corey's reaction but said it was understandable that she was upset.

"She faced the somber realization that she will spend the rest of her life in prison," he said.

Haynes' body was found in a closet in her apartment on July 27, 2009. She had been beaten in the head and strangled with an electrical cord. Her abdomen had been cut open, and her baby was gone.

Corey, Dion and Haynes' baby were found two days later at a homeless shelter in Plymouth, N.H. Her lawyers acknowledged that she was found with the baby but said she played no role in Haynes' slaying.

Dion testified that Corey, whom he believed was pregnant at the time, called him on July 23, 2009, and told him she was giving Haynes a ride to a store. Later that night, Corey called him to say her water had broken and a friend was taking her to the hospital to give birth, Dion said.

A couple of hours later, Corey called him again and said, "We had a baby," Dion testified. Dion said Corey arrived home the next morning with a baby girl he believed was his daughter. He said he and Corey introduced the baby to family and friends over the next couple of days.

The girl, now 4, lives with her biological father.
    http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/ma...cid=newssocial
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

A woman convicted of killing her pregnant friend and cutting the baby from her womb was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison while the victim's father sat in court holding his daughter's ashes.

Julie Corey, 39, of Worcester, was given the mandatory term of life without parole by a judge.

She was convicted last week in Worcester Superior Court of first-degree murder for killing Darlene Haynes in July 2009, three months after her own miscarriage, and passing Haynes' baby off as her own.

Haynes, who was eight months pregnant, was found dead in her apartment. The 23-year-old had been beaten and strangled with an electrical cord, prosecutors said. Her abdomen had been cut open, and the baby was gone.

Corey and her then-boyfriend were found with the baby two days later at a homeless shelter in Plymouth, N.H. Corey claimed she had delivered the baby girl, who survived. She's now 4 and lives with her biological father.

Haynes' father, Fred Haynes, clutched a container carrying his daughter's ashes in court. He wiped away tears, too weak to stand and too distraught to speak.

Julie CoreyAP Photo: Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Tom Rettig

Fred Haynes, father of Darlene Haynes, breaks down during the sentencing of Julie Corey in Worcester, Mass., Superior Court Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014.

"This is the reminder that he has every day of his daughter. It's not replacement for having her, and speaking to her ... it can't replace his daughter," prosecutor Daniel Bennett said, referring to the urn.

The judge read a statement from Haynes' 9-year-old daughter.

"Julie, it was mean to kill my mother. I think it was very bad that you did that," the statement read.

Corey's lawyers acknowledged that their client was found with the baby but said she played no role in Haynes' slaying.

They said police failed to follow up on leads that could have implicated other potential suspects in the killing, including Haynes' ex-boyfriend. They suggested that Haynes' ex-boyfriend had given Corey and her boyfriend the baby, but he denied that on the witness stand.

Under state law, the conviction will automatically be appealed.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/ma...cid=newssocial
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information