Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartment

Re: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartm

Did anyone read where the last text message said she was "at home drinking wine coolers with a friend"?

I am surprised no one has said anything about an 8 month pregnant lady drinking wine coolers.

Re: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartm

Because 'intellectually impaired' is a totally awesome nice pc way of saying 'stupid'. I'm going to use that forever.
      :| I work with special needs kids so it's ingrained that we don't say stupid.  :oops:
    Aussie!

Re: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was foun

[quote author=jnicole link=topic=21385.msg1350366#msg1350366 date=1249080856]
    Did anyone read where the last text message said she was "at home drinking wine coolers with a friend"?

I am surprised no one has said anything about an 8 month pregnant lady drinking wine coolers.
    [/quote]
    Dood, she was intellectually impaired.

Buzz up!vote now
    Relatives believed baby cut from womb was theirs

WORCESTER, Mass. -- Relatives of a man whose girlfriend is accused of kidnapping a baby girl who'd been cut from her mother's womb thought they had a new member of the family and even held a cookout to celebrate the birth.

Cindy Dion, the mother of Alex Dion, wept Friday as she recalled holding the tiny girl, whom Alex believed was his daughter with girlfriend Julie Corey.

But authorities say the baby was cut out of her mother, Darlene Haynes, who was found dead Monday in Worcester.

Corey was ordered held on $2 million bail Thursday in New Hampshire, one day after being found with the girl at a homeless shelter.

Cindy Dion -- who would have been the baby's grandmother -- said the baby's absence had left "a hole in her heart."
    http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO120493/
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

thats really sad about the would have been grandma. 
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=21385.msg1350475#msg1350475 date=1249092364]
    thats really sad about the would have been grandma. 
    [/quote]
    Ummmmmm.......not really.....I saw her interviewed  :|
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=jnicole link=topic=21385.msg1350366#msg1350366 date=1249080856]

[/quote]

This was the very first thing I noticed when I read the cnn.com story right after they found Darlene. 

It's sad that everyone is so quick to wash their hands of this situation by saying she was "intellectually impaired", but apparently no one took the time to intervene during any one of her 4 (5?) pregnancies.  She casually texts her friends about drinkin' some wine coolers while pregnant with child number four she didn't have the money or intellectual capacity to take care of, and nobody said anything til after she was dead? 

And as an aside, nearly all 'wine coolers' these days are made of malt liquor, so she wasn't just enjoying a glass of wine, which some women/doctors think is ok during the later months of pregnancy.  I actually looked it up to be sure.

Yeah, my Dr suggested half a glass of red wine on occasion to help with blood flow or some BS.  I took a sip of some at a wedding when I was about 6 months pregnant and had to call a cab.

That baby is so lucky to be alive still.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/5952557/Pictured-Woman-with-baby-cut-from-mothers-womb.html

Pictured: Woman with baby cut from mother's womb
    A photo showing a baby girl stolen from her slain mother’s womb being held by Julie Corey, the woman accused of taking her, has been released.

Pictured: Woman with baby cut from mother's womb
    A photo showing a baby girl stolen from her slain mother’s womb being held by Julie Corey, the woman accused of taking her, has been released.

Published: 12:36AM BST 01 Aug 2009

Julie Corey, her boyfriend Alex Dion, and the baby who Corey is accused of stealing from dead Darlene Haynes womb. Photo: Polaris / Eyevine
    In the photo, Miss Corey, 35, is shown smiling at the infant as her boyfriend, Alex Dion, holds the child.

But the seemingly happy family photograph took on a sinister tone when Miss Corey was accused of kidnapping the baby girl.

Miss Haynes was eight months pregnant when she died, although it was not until a post mortem examination was held that it was discovered that the foetus was missing.

Miss Corey has been charged with kidnapping the child and has been remanded on $2 million bail in Plymouth, New Hampshire, one day after being found with the 4-pound baby girl at a homeless shelter.

Her boyfriend said he was convinced he was the infant’s father, and was stunned when police moved in on the couple.

Mr Dion, 27, was with Miss Corey and the baby when she was arrested in New Hampshire. He was later released after questioning.

"I am so confused. I don't know what to think. I thought I had a brand-new daughter," he said in an interview with the Boston Herald.

Mr Dion said Miss Corey told him she was pregnant shortly after a breakup in October. The couple had dated on and off for about two years.

He said Miss Corey told him on July 23 that she was taking the slain women, who was a friend, to the store. She then called him several times later that night, saying she had gone into labour and her water had broken, Mr Dion told the newspaper. He said early on July 24 Miss Corey called to say she had given birth to a baby girl at a Framingham hospital. Mr Dion told the paper he called both their families with the news.
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=21385.msg1350479#msg1350479 date=1249092581]
    Ummmmmm.......not really.....I saw her interviewed  :|
    [/quote]

Did she have a shitty attitude or something? 

I thought it was sad too, if these people are telling the truth.  To think you have a new granddaughter/daughter and then to have it taken away from you...  :-(

Can't seem to find Julie Corey's myspace but think i have found her boyfriend's (Alex Dion)
    http://www.myspace.com/al_diggy not been on for a while though

I heard about this on Headline News a couple of days ago. RIP Darlene.

Mother of Julia Corey

I felt that baby move’
    Friends say she was pregnant

By Lisa D. Welsh TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF

Cindy Dion says she knows Julie A. Corey was pregnant: “I felt that baby move. … I want to know what happened to my grandbaby.”

WORCESTER —  One of Julie A. Corey’s favorite television shows was “A Baby’s Story, ” The Learning Channel series that beckons viewers to “Go inside the delivery room for a voyeuristic peek at the drama of labor and the sheer joy and relief of the unforgettable birth moment.”

“She used to watch it all the time,” said Kevin Dion, an uncle of Ms. Corey’s boyfriend, Alex Dion, with whom the couple lived for four months.

Whether Ms. Corey was pregnant is a topic of much discussion. Police are investigating whether the baby girl Ms. Corey maintains she gave birth to is actually the child of Darlene L. Haynes, missing when Ms. Haynes’ body was found in a Southgate Street apartment Monday.

“I felt that baby move” Cindy Dion, the mother of Alex Dion, said of Ms. Corey’s pregnancy. “I gave her a baby shower in May. She was pregnant. I want to know what happened to my grandbaby.”

Alex Dion had a tumultuous, on-and-off, relationship with Ms. Corey before she left Worcester for New Hampshire late last year. When she returned to the area in April she told Alex that he was the father of her child. A significant weight gain led Alex, his family and their friends to believe she was pregnant.

But police suspect Ms. Corey of kidnapping the infant cut from the womb of Ms. Haynes, 23, who was found dead in the closet of her 94 Southgate St. apartment. The death occurred sometime late the night of July 23 or the next morning, they believe.

Authorities traced Ms. Corey and Alex Dion to Plymouth, N.H., on Wednesday. They had a newborn baby with them. Ms. Corey was arraigned on a fugitive from justice charge, is being held on $2 million bail and remains in lockup at New Hampshire’s Merrimack County House of Correction. Mr. Dion was taken into custody in New Hampshire and released on Wednesday and would not respond to several attempts for an interview yesterday.

Both women had said they were in their last trimester of pregnancy. Three days before Ms. Haynes’ body was found wrapped in a comforter in the closet of her apartment, Ms. Corey began introducing her newborn to friends and family. Several of the people who were in contact with Ms. Corey since April said they felt the baby move and also felt it kick.

“She looked very much pregnant,” Ana Dion, 30, Alex’s estranged wife of two years, said.

Alex and Ana Dion have a pending divorce case in Worcester Probate Court, with the next scheduled hearing in October. The couple, married in 2001, has two children together and separated in 2006. A temporary order of divorce, citing “irretrievable breakdown of marriage,” was filed in April.

Ms. Dion has custody of the pair’s children, ages 8 and 7. In a statement she filed in April related to custody issues, Ms. Dion said she had “significant concerns about my husband’s girlfriend’s behavior in front of the children.”

“She insults both parents and uses profane language in front of the children, making the children extremely upset and nervous,” Ms. Dion wrote.

In an interview yesterday at her home in Worcester, Ana Dion said “I didn’t want Julie around the kids. One day she would flip out and the next day she’d be apologizing. I thought she was crazy.”

When Ms. Corey accused Alex of inappropriate behavior with her 16-year-old daughter last year, Ana said she and Alex started fighting over visitation and custody of their children.

“I thought you get something bad that happens and something worse will happen,” she said.

Danielle Williamson of the Telegram & Gazette staff contributed to this report.

Julie A. Corey and her boyfriend, Alex Dion, with the baby girl police say was taken from the womb of Darlene L. Haynes. (COURTESY OF WBZ-TV)

WORCESTER —  Julie A. Corey, the woman accused of kidnapping a baby cut from the womb of its slain mother, had a tumultuous life as an adult, being arrested in a major drug bust in 2002 and later allegedly being assaulted in her home by one of the suspects she was arrested with in the drug bust.

Ms. Corey, 35, who has also gone by the name Julie Fernandez, is being held on $2 million bail in New Hampshire on a fugitive from justice warrant. Massachusetts authorities plan to charge her with kidnapping a baby they believe was taken from the womb of Darlene L. Haynes, 23, of 94 Southgate St.

Ms. Haynes was found dead Monday in her bedroom closet, wrapped in a comforter, police said. She was eight months pregnant, and a subsequent autopsy revealed that the fetus was missing and an incision in her abdomen, said Worcester police Detective Capt. Edward J. McGinn Jr.

Police found Ms. Corey with her boyfriend, Alex Dion, and the baby on Wednesday in a shelter in Plymouth, N.H. The baby, whom Ms. Haynes had planned to name Sheila Marie, weighed 4-1/2 pounds and was in good health, police said. She is now in state custody in Massachusetts and is being cared for in a hospital, police said.

Police believe Ms. Haynes died sometime late Thursday night or early Friday morning of last week, and Ms. Corey has been named as a person of interest in the death.

Ms. Corey, of 3 Henry Terrace, Worcester, had been telling friends she was pregnant, and showed the baby to friends on Friday of last week, police and acquaintances have said.

Her father, Earl Corey, told The Boston Globe yesterday that his daughter showed no signs of being pregnant when she left his trailer home in the spring to return to her boyfriend in Worcester, even though she had reportedly told the boyfriend last fall that she was pregnant.

“If she was, she was hiding it from us,” said Mr. Corey, from his trailer home near a commercial blueberry patch in Warner, N.H.,west of Concord.

Ms. Corey was already scheduled to go to Worcester Central District Court on Aug. 21 for a pretrial conference on charges of assault and battery on Mr. Dion, and charges of being disorderly and disturbing the peace, according to court records.

Capt. McGinn said yesterday there were no new developments in the case, as investigators work with evidence taken from the crime scene and Ms. Corey's residences, as well as biological samples taken from Ms. Haynes, the baby and Roberto C. Rodriguez. Mr. Rodriguez is Ms. Haynes' former boyfriend; he claims to be the father of the infant.

“Right now we're backtracking some stuff we had done in the past,” he said. “Our next objective is to harvest all the biological samples of Darlene, the infant and Roberto in order to establish that they are the parents of this child.”

Asked if police think more than one person could be involved in Ms. Haynes' death, Capt. McGinn said nothing has been ruled out.

“We're starting to pare down a possible list of suspects,” he said. “We do not have a (murder) weapon, and we're going through all the materials harvested at two sites, Darlene's and on Henry Terrace. No weapon has been retrieved.

“Right from the outset, we were behind the eight-ball. She was dead three to four days before she was discovered, and substantial decay had occurred. She was in the closet all bundled up in bedding. Not until the autopsy showed no fetal bones in the X-ray and an incision in the abdomen. We were just floored.

“Whoever killed Darlene went through unbelievable measures to retrieve a child. In order to kill the mother and retrieve a baby, it would have to be (done) in minutes. It's an amazing feat to do that.”

Another thing on investigators' minds is whether Ms. Haynes was dead when the baby was removed, he said.

“It's macabre to think about, but you have to consider that.”

Detectives spoke with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children about the type of person who would kill a woman for an unborn baby, Capt. McGinn said. Although Ms. Corey has not been labeled a suspect, he said: “We believe the pregnancy she spoke of was fake. … She has six children, none of whom are with her.” At the time she was charged with assault and battery on her boyfriend on July 6, Ms. Corey was 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighed 200 pounds, according to court records.

“She certainly had some tumultuous relationships in her life,” Capt. McGinn said.

In November 2002, police raided an apartment in Marlboro where Ms. Corey was living, along with two other people, recovering 50 grams of heroin, 197 packets of marijuana, a stolen handgun and seven hollow-point bullets from the apartment and a Cadillac.

At the time, Marlboro police called the bust the largest heroin seizure in the city's history. Ms. Corey provided the name Julie Fernandez to police at that time. One of those arrested in the bust was Jose A. Arana, described in court papers as Julie Corey's boyfriend.

In 2005, when Ms. Corey was living in Auburn, Mr. Arana, then 29, showed up at her apartment after warning her not to testify against him in an earlier domestic assault case, court records show. Ms. Corey told police that Mr. Arana violently assaulted her, and he was arrested a few days later. Court records show that he had been arrested numerous times on drug and assault charges.

Tom G. Vukmirovitz, the lawyer representing Ms. Corey in the pending assault case, said he is not involved in representing her in the kidnapping case, and declined further comment.

Karl G. Whitney, Ms. Haynes' uncle and a family spokesman, said the family is trying to stay focused while the investigation continues.

“I want to let the police do their work,” he said. “I want to let there be closure and some semblance of normalcy in our lives.”

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

:-o

people said they felt julie's baby move?   maybe she was pregnant and had a miscarriage, and it drove her over the edge?  not excusing what she's done, just trying to figure out why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Re: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was foun

[quote author=neener link=topic=21385.msg1350859#msg1350859 date=1249151863]
    :-o

people said they felt julie's baby move?   maybe she was pregnant and had a miscarriage, and it drove her over the edge?  not excusing what she's done, just trying to figure out why.
    [/quote]
    Well, she was morbidly obese, so it would be hard to see if she was pregnant. And gas or burping can feel like a baby moving if you're an idiot, which I think all these people are. My guess is she made up a pregnancy and started planning on taking her neighbor's baby months ago, which explains why she was conveniently exactly the same amount of months pregnant.

Wow if this Julie doesn't have all kinds of crazy written all over her. It really makes me sick that she so nonchalantly  took anothers life, stole a child, and left a family heartbroken. It is not like she needed another child, she already had a six pack. Was this just her sick way of keeping her man? Fuckhole!

RIP Darlene

http://www.telegram.com/article/20090801/NEWS/908010333/0/NEWS06

Aug 1, 2009

Trail of trouble
    COREY'S LIFE WAS TUMULTUOUS

By Martin Luttrell TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF
    mluttrell@telegram.com

WORCESTER —  Julie A. Corey, the woman accused of kidnapping a baby cut from the womb of its slain mother, had a tumultuous life as an adult, being arrested in a major drug bust in 2002 and later allegedly being assaulted in her home by one of the suspects she was arrested with in the drug bust.

Ms. Corey, 35, who has also gone by the name Julie Fernandez, is being held on $2 million bail in New Hampshire on a fugitive from justice warrant. Massachusetts authorities plan to charge her with kidnapping a baby they believe was taken from the womb of Darlene L. Haynes, 23, of 94 Southgate St.

Ms. Haynes was found dead Monday in her bedroom closet, wrapped in a comforter, police said. She was eight months pregnant, and a subsequent autopsy revealed that the fetus was missing and an incision in her abdomen, said Worcester police Detective Capt. Edward J. McGinn Jr.

Police found Ms. Corey with her boyfriend, Alex Dion, and the baby on Wednesday in a shelter in Plymouth, N.H. The baby, whom Ms. Haynes had planned to name Sheila Marie, weighed 4-1/2 pounds and was in good health, police said. She is now in state custody in Massachusetts and is being cared for in a hospital, police said.

Police believe Ms. Haynes died sometime late Thursday night or early Friday morning of last week, and Ms. Corey has been named as a person of interest in the death.

Ms. Corey, of 3 Henry Terrace, Worcester, had been telling friends she was pregnant, and showed the baby to friends on Friday of last week, police and acquaintances have said.

Her father, Earl Corey, told The Boston Globe yesterday that his daughter showed no signs of being pregnant when she left his trailer home in the spring to return to her boyfriend in Worcester, even though she had reportedly told the boyfriend last fall that she was pregnant.

“If she was, she was hiding it from us,” said Mr. Corey, from his trailer home near a commercial blueberry patch in Warner, N.H.,west of Concord.

Ms. Corey was already scheduled to go to Worcester Central District Court on Aug. 21 for a pretrial conference on charges of assault and battery on Mr. Dion, and charges of being disorderly and disturbing the peace, according to court records.

Capt. McGinn said yesterday there were no new developments in the case, as investigators work with evidence taken from the crime scene and Ms. Corey's residences, as well as biological samples taken from Ms. Haynes, the baby and Roberto C. Rodriguez. Mr. Rodriguez is Ms. Haynes' former boyfriend; he claims to be the father of the infant.

“Right now we're backtracking some stuff we had done in the past,” he said. “Our next objective is to harvest all the biological samples of Darlene, the infant and Roberto in order to establish that they are the parents of this child.”

Asked if police think more than one person could be involved in Ms. Haynes' death, Capt. McGinn said nothing has been ruled out.

“We're starting to pare down a possible list of suspects,” he said. “We do not have a (murder) weapon, and we're going through all the materials harvested at two sites, Darlene's and on Henry Terrace. No weapon has been retrieved.

“Right from the outset, we were behind the eight-ball. She was dead three to four days before she was discovered, and substantial decay had occurred. She was in the closet all bundled up in bedding. Not until the autopsy showed no fetal bones in the X-ray and an incision in the abdomen. We were just floored.

“Whoever killed Darlene went through unbelievable measures to retrieve a child. In order to kill the mother and retrieve a baby, it would have to be (done) in minutes. It's an amazing feat to do that.”

Another thing on investigators' minds is whether Ms. Haynes was dead when the baby was removed, he said.

“It's macabre to think about, but you have to consider that.”

Detectives spoke with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children about the type of person who would kill a woman for an unborn baby, Capt. McGinn said. Although Ms. Corey has not been labeled a suspect, he said: “We believe the pregnancy she spoke of was fake. … She has six children, none of whom are with her.” At the time she was charged with assault and battery on her boyfriend on July 6, Ms. Corey was 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighed 200 pounds, according to court records.

“She certainly had some tumultuous relationships in her life,” Capt. McGinn said.

In November 2002, police raided an apartment in Marlboro where Ms. Corey was living, along with two other people, recovering 50 grams of heroin, 197 packets of marijuana, a stolen handgun and seven hollow-point bullets from the apartment and a Cadillac.

At the time, Marlboro police called the bust the largest heroin seizure in the city's history. Ms. Corey provided the name Julie Fernandez to police at that time. One of those arrested in the bust was Jose A. Arana, described in court papers as Julie Corey's boyfriend.

In 2005, when Ms. Corey was living in Auburn, Mr. Arana, then 29, showed up at her apartment after warning her not to testify against him in an earlier domestic assault case, court records show. Ms. Corey told police that Mr. Arana violently assaulted her, and he was arrested a few days later. Court records show that he had been arrested numerous times on drug and assault charges.

Tom G. Vukmirovitz, the lawyer representing Ms. Corey in the pending assault case, said he is not involved in representing her in the kidnapping case, and declined further comment.

Karl G. Whitney, Ms. Haynes' uncle and a family spokesman, said the family is trying to stay focused while the investigation continues.

“I want to let the police do their work,” he said. “I want to let there be closure and some semblance of normalcy in our lives.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Order the Telegram & Gazette, delivered daily to your home or office! www.telegram.com/homedelivery
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copyright 2009 Worcester Telegram & Gazette Corp.

The baby girl is beautiful. More info will come out on Julie. Like another poster mentioned I do wonder if she was pregnant and had miscarriage. I'm a bit creeped out after reading A Baby Story was her favorite show. I will never look at the show the same way again.

I'm not wearing any pants

holy crap those pics are freaking me out. That's the baby. wow. and she looks all happy and shit. I live in NH so this is local news for us. What a crazy bitch.

[quote author=lulupop link=topic=21385.msg1351263#msg1351263 date=1249218846]

[/quote]
    Same story is two posts above yours.

There is a custody battle now for the baby. 

8/3/2009 5:49 a.m.
    At least three people are seeking custody of a baby who was cut from her slain mother's womb.

A closed-door custody hearing was held Monday in Worcester Juvenile Court. The mother, 23-year-old Darlene Haynes, was found slain in her Worcester apartment last week.

The infant girl was found later at a New Hampshire homeless shelter with Haynes' former neighbor, Julie Corey, who has been charged with kidnapping.

The infant is now in state custody.

Roberto Rodriguez, Haynes' estranged boyfriend, said Monday he wants custody.

An attorney for Haynes' uncle, Karl Whitney, said Whitney and his wife also filed paperwork Monday seeking guardianship of the child.

A spokeswoman for the state Department of Children and Families did not return calls seeking comment about Monday's hearing.

http://wwlp.m0bl.net/w/main/story/5820329/

This happened near where I live. The accused first tried to steal a baby from the hospital using some sort of cloth bag, then when that didn't work, she murdered the girl and took her baby. Clearly, she is insane but come on.  Her name was Kia Johnson (the murdered). Her attacker was Andrea Curry-Demus.

It's so sad, on SO many levels.

[quote author=youareLESUCK link=topic=21385.msg1352909#msg1352909 date=1249390731]
    This happened near where I live. The accused first tried to steal a baby from the hospital using some sort of cloth bag, then when that didn't work, she murdered the girl and took her baby. Clearly, she is insane but come on.  Her name was Kia Johnson (the murdered). Her attacker was Andrea Curry-Demus.

It's so sad, on SO many levels.
    [/quote]

Ummmm.  Say what?

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

[quote author=Cat Pajamas link=topic=21385.msg1352910#msg1352910 date=1249390934]
    Ummmm.  Say what?
    [/quote]
    She's just saying a similar thing happened in her town and those are the names of the people involved.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=21385.msg1353154#msg1353154 date=1249413709]
    She's just saying a similar thing happened in her town and those are the names of the people involved.
    [/quote]

Oh oh oh.  Gotcha.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Thread Information