Thread: Leanne Hecht Bearden (33) committed suicide by hanging herself from a tree and her body wasn't found for a month

Leanne Hecht Bearden (33) committed suicide by hanging herself from a tree and her body wasn't found for a month

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...nd_for_a_month

I have been following this missing persons case for awhile and haven't seen it on here yet. Very interesting. They travelled the world for 22 months and then once they came back to the U.S., she talks a walk and never comes back.

Their traveling blog:

http://www.goexplore365.com/

Link to the missing person article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4776484.html

Here missing persons Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden

Here is the article pasted in:

Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing: Siblings Say She 'Would Never Leave' Without Telling Anyone

In the days leading up to her disappearance, Leanne Hecht Bearden said she was tired of traveling after her trip around the world and was anxious to return home.

"She said, 'I want to come home to my family with lots of hugs and kisses,'" Bearden's sister, Joy Hecht Colombo, told The Huffington Post.

Indeed, the trip was exhausting. Bearden, 33, and her husband, Josh, had been gone 22 months. They visited 58 countries during that time, and they blogged about their experience online.

Leanne Bearden Mysteriously Disappears After Traveling Around The World
    Clues Add To Mystery Of Leanne Bearden's Disappearance
    Leanne Hecht Bearden Family Offers Reward For Missing Woman
    More Leanne Hecht Bearden Coverage

Upon the couple's return, the Beardens visited Josh Bearden's family in San Antonio, Texas. From there, they were going to head back to Denver, Colo., where they lived before they set out on their lengthy trip.

So when Leanne Bearden disappeared while walking near her in-laws house on Jan. 17, some people -- including at least one family member -- speculated she might have voluntarily vanished. Perhaps, they thought, the pressure of transitioning from a two-year trip back into a "normal" life had prompted her to take off.

Not so, say her brother and sister.

"She would never leave of her own free will. That is not her at all," Leanne Bearden's brother, Doug Hecht, told HuffPost.

"She's very responsible," Colombo added. "She loves her family and she would never put us through this."

Police, search-and-rescue crews and the Texas Rangers have all come up empty in their search for Leanne Bearden. Authorities have investigated possible sightings, but to date they have all turned out to be cases of misidentification.

Those cases of misidentification, as well as a lot of misinformation online, have made it difficult for Leanne Bearden's family. Every day, they said, they are presented with false hope, baseless conjectures and outrageous accusations, none of which have served to help them in their plight.

"We're definitely leery of what's out there," said Hecht.

"And there has been no evidence found on her computer," Colombo said, referring to Internet rumors. "All of the tips, sightings, and everything else has led to nothing."

The siblings are now hopeful a reward the family is offering will lead to information in the case.

According to Colombo and Hecht, $10,000 is being offered for information that leads to their sister's exact location. An additional $10,000 is being offered for information that leads to her safe return.

"We just want to know something," Hecht said. "We feel like we?re in the dark and not knowing is just killing us."

"This feels like a book that never ends." Colombo added.

Leanne is described as 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighing 100 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She has two piercings on her left ear: one on the bottom and a small loop at the top. She was last seen wearing jeans and hiking shoes.

For more information, or to donate search funds online, visit the "Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden" Facebook page or Findleannebearden.com.

Anyone with information on Leanne Bearden's whereabouts is asked to call the Garden Ridge Police Department at (210) 651-6441 or Comal County Crime Stoppers at (830) 620-8477.
    Last edited by Olivia; 02-15-2014 at 11:19 PM.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/13/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Authorities in Texas believe they have found the body of Leanne Hecht Bearden, a 33-year-old who traveled all over the world only to go missing soon after returning to the United States.

Bearden had last been seen January 17, heading for what was supposed to be a one-hour walk from her in-laws' house in Garden Ridge, Texas. When she didn't come back, her family joined authorities in conducting an extensive search and a public outreach blitz urging people to be on the lookout.

Police got their first indication the hunt might be over in a phone call from a man around 12:15 p.m. (1:15 p.m. ET) saying there was a body "in a wooded area near his home in Garden Ridge," city police Chief Donna O'Conner said.

O'Conner said responding officers "located what we believe to be the body of Leanne Bearden."

"We will reserve any information regarding the cause of death until an autopsy has been performed," the chief said. "Our thoughts are with the Bearden and Hecht families and (we) ask that you respect them in their time of grief."

Bearden and her husband, Josh Bearden, had climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, gone swimming in the Dead Sea and attended an Indian wedding, among many, many adventures. Leanne Bearden documented their epic 22-month trek in a blog.

Then, in December, the couple returned to the United States, spending a short time in Georgia before heading to visit Josh's family in Garden Ridge, just northeast of San Antonio, according to her brother Michael Hecht.

Coming back to her native country wasn't necessarily easy, her family suggested.

"The pressure of transitioning from her two-year trip back into what we consider 'normal' life seems to have left her very anxious and stressed," they said.

After she went missing, relatives and friends worked intently to spread the word as the search for her -- on the ground and from the air, using helicopters -- expanded. One such search, on one day in January, covered 23 acres.

Garden Ridge police noted their serious concern about Bearden that month, while adding "there is no indication at this time that (her disappearance) is criminal in nature."

Her family, meanwhile, acknowledged on a Facebook page devoted to finding the young woman that "there is evidence that Leanne may have voluntarily left the area."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/13/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t2

Body believed to be missing woman Leanne Bearden found in Texas

(CNN) -- Authorities in Texas believe they have found the body of Leanne Hecht Bearden, a 33-year-old who traveled all over the world only to go missing soon after returning to the United States.

Bearden had last been seen January 17, heading for what was supposed to be a one-hour walk from her in-laws' house in Garden Ridge, Texas. When she didn't come back, her family joined authorities in conducting an extensive search and a public outreach blitz urging people to be on the lookout.

Police got their first indication the hunt might be over in a phone call from a man around 12:15 p.m. (1:15 p.m. ET) saying there was a body "in a wooded area near his home in Garden Ridge," city police Chief Donna O'Conner said.

O'Conner said responding officers "located what we believe to be the body of Leanne Bearden."

"We will reserve any information regarding the cause of death until an autopsy has been performed," the chief said. "Our thoughts are with the Bearden and Hecht families and (we) ask that you respect them in their time of grief."

Bearden and her husband, Josh Bearden, had climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, gone swimming in the Dead Sea and attended an Indian wedding, among many, many adventures. Leanne Bearden documented their epic 22-month trek in a blog. Then, in December, the couple returned to the United States, spending a short time in Georgia before heading to visit Josh's family in Garden Ridge, just northeast of San Antonio, according to her brother Michael Hecht.

Coming back to her native country wasn't necessarily easy, her family suggested. "The pressure of transitioning from her two-year trip back into what we consider 'normal' life seems to have left her very anxious and stressed," they said. After she went missing, relatives and friends worked intently to spread the word as the search for her -- on the ground and from the air, using helicopters -- expanded. One such search, on one day in January, covered 23 acres.

Garden Ridge police noted their serious concern about Bearden that month, while adding "there is no indication at this time that (her disappearance) is criminal in nature."
    Her family, meanwhile, acknowledged on a Facebook page devoted to finding the young woman that "there is evidence that Leanne may have voluntarily left the area."
    :( I wasn't really expecting this outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I've been side-eyeing the husband.

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    I've been side-eyeing the husband.
    I'm leaning more towards suicide or accident.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What I find interesting is that her body was found less than a mile from the house she was at, yet that same area was searched by volunteers, Search and Rescue groups, cadaver dogs and scent dogs. They are reporting that there was no obvious trauma to her body that would indicate foul play. Waiting to see what COD will be.

Wow So Leanne Hecht Bearden has been missing for a month, mariposa1369 starts a thread this morning and they found her body today?

How sad that the police, search-and-rescue crews and the Texas Rangers have all been searching for her and her body was found less than a mile from where she started her walk. I feel like she was grabbed by some psycho during her walk who then dumped her body in the wooded area ...but who knows?

A Daily Mail Commenter on the article link below said she was found hanging from a tree.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...xas-woods.html
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Another source saying it was a suicide.

Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014
    Garden Ridge police Chief Donna O'Conner said a body found in the backyard of a Garden Ridge home Thursday afternoon is believed to be that of a woman missing since January. The home where her body was found is located in the 21000 block of Fairview Circle, about two blocks from where she was last seen.

A source in Comal County confirmed to KSAT's Steve Spriester late Thursday afternoon that her death was an apparent suicide.

Dispatch received a call at 12:18 p.m. on Thursday from a man who told them he spotted a body in a wooded area behind his house, O'Conner said. The homeowner said he discovered Bearden's body around noon on Thursday in a brushy area behind his home. That area is an undeveloped part of his property he does not walk through often, but did on Thursday.

Garden Ridge police, Comal County Sheriff's deputies and Texas Rangers went to the scene and examined the body, which had some identifying jewelry as well as a backpack, O'Conner said. She was apparently found with the same backpack she was carrying when she left her in-laws house to go on a walk on Jan. 17.

http://www.ksat.com/news/body-found-...l/-/index.html
    So she walked a few blocks and killed herself in some elderly person's back yard. If she was hanging from a tree it would have been a grisly sight, especially since the body had been hanging there for a month. I feel bad for the poor homeowner who found her (comments are saying it was an elderly person.)

The pictures from their trip are incredible. http://www.flickr.com/photos/goexplore365/sets/

They seemed like a really happy/cute couple.

Wow! Some of you got it right thinking it was suicide. The family did say she was struggling with transitioning back to "normal" after their world travel. Such a strange and sad ending.

RIP Leanne

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    I wonder if she was planning this all along; like the trip was her *bucket list* and now that it was over, she was done living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I wonder "how" she was still hanging 1month later... I would have thought decomp would have detached her skull/neck from her body. It also raises my hinkiometer that no professionals, LEOs, etc. searched for Leanne near the Bearden home since 'the family' said they had already searched there.

A tree trimmer working in a neighbor's yard verified she left the house alone (per WebSleuths) or I would honestly wonder if the hanging was done post-mortem to try to hide her having been choked to death.

So sad. RIP Leanne
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Another person found hanging from a tree for a while.

http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/20...ing-from-tree/

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Another person found hanging from a tree for a while.

http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/20...ing-from-tree/
    Yup. He lost his head...

He added that after taking a closer look, he and others realized that the body was hanging without a head, so he immediately called the police.

“All me life I never see a body hang from the neck and the way he body smell you would know that it been up there a li’l while, is just that because of the heavy bush that deh bout here nobody wouldn’t recognize it,” the man noted.
    Such a bizarre turn of events in Leanne's case... This one is gonna bother me for a while, I can already tell.

Wow, I just heard the news. So sad!

I can't sympathise with this story really. She got to travel around the world, and she could have returned at any time if she felt stressed, or kept travelling if she didn't want to settle. If she became anxious/depressed it doesn't seem like she stuck around too long to try to fix the problems.

I don't know the full details obviously, but this story just doesn't grab me. I do feel awful for her loved ones left behind though.

there was also that girl in australia that was found hanging from a tree in a neighborhood after quite some time. i don't remember her name though. she was travelling there for a while and had depression issues she was sorting out. i also think she was working for a family and then stopped right before she went missing.

ETA: here it is - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...S-tourist.html

melissa dietzel. we have a thread on her.
    Last edited by animosity; 02-17-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Wizard View Post
    I can't sympathise with this story really. She got to travel around the world, and she could have returned at any time if she felt stressed, or kept travelling if she didn't want to settle. If she became anxious/depressed it doesn't seem like she stuck around too long to try to fix the problems.

I don't know the full details obviously, but this story just doesn't grab me. I do feel awful for her loved ones left behind though.
    I can get it kind of. I travelled for years on and off and lived overseas. Coming 'home' and settling down is really hard, even if you want to do it. Also, who knows what went on behind closed doors? I doubt that just settling down was the main cause for her suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Wizard View Post

I dunno how they were able to fund their travel for so long, but I would imagine at some point it's not financially feasible to keep traveling. Sure, she could move every few years, but moving isn't the same. I guess when you see the most beautiful places in the world, the daily grind really does seem a bit underwhelming.

Personally, I would prefer to work now and travel later in life.

R.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Thread Information