Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartment

Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartment

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/07/31/Darlene_Haynes_(23)_had_her_unborn_baby_taken_from _her_womb_and_she_was_found_dead_in_her_apartment

http://wbztv.com/local/worcester.woman.killed.2.1105249.html

Worcester police are searching for a fetus that was torn from it's mother's womb several days ago.

The 23-year-old woman had been dead for days when her body was found inside her apartment on Southgate Street Monday.

An autopsy later revealed she had been pregnant and that the fetus had been removed. Police say Darlene Hayes had been about 8 months pregnant before she was killed.

Medical experts say the baby could have survived that far along in the pregnancy but that it would need immediate medical care.

Police say Hayes was killed several days before her body was discovered by her landlord, who had received reports of a strong odor coming from the woman's apartment.

Her decomposing body, which was wrapped in bedding, was found inside a closet.

The cause of her death is pending toxicology results.

Anyone with information about Hayes' murder or the whereabouts of her baby is urged to contact Worcester police detectives at 508-799-8651.

(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Really? I mean it wasnt from blood loss due to her child being ripped from her womb or some other cause you could see right away.(like a beating,stabbing or shooting ect)

Rip Darlene Hayes I hope they find your baby alive and well.

Re: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartment

sshlange!!!! someone check sshlong's twitter.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

Re: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartment

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=21385.msg1347503#msg1347503 date=1248831310]

The cause of her death is pending toxicology results.

Really? I mean it wasnt from blood loss due to her child being ripped from her womb or some other cause you could see right away.(like a beating,stabbing or shooting ect)

Rip Darlene Hayes I hope they find your baby alive and well.
    [/quote]

maybe they are checking to see if she was drugged, and died before/after the baby was taken?  or if she was unconscious when it happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

:2huh: Someone actually might have finally gotten away with it.

Re: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartm

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/07/where_is_darlene_hayness_baby.php

Where is Darlene Haynes's Baby?
    Posted at 12:00 AM Jul 29, 2009

​Someone killed Darlene Haynes, ripped her near-term baby from her womb, and left the 23-year-old's body in a closet.

Haynes was 8 months pregnant the last time anyone saw her alive, on July 23rd. Then on Monday the 27th, Haynes's landlord went to investigate an odor wafting from her apartment at 94 Southgate Street in Worcester, MA. The landlord found Haynes in a bedroom closet. She was wrapped up in bedclothes and had been dead for days. An autopsy determined that her baby had been removed and that Haynes was, of course, the victim of a homicide.

The baby is still missing. Authorities say the child would have needed immediate medical attention.

Darlene Haynes may have had several MySpace profiles, but this appeared to be the one on which she'd done the most work. Still, it didn't tell much about her - certainly nothing that would indicate how she met such a gruesome end.

Many similar crimes  have been committed by female assailants. However, there is an inherent limitation in the act that often outs the killer - the baby eventually needs medical care. In this case, police are certain the baby would need a doctor. It may not be all that long before we find out what really happened to Darlene Haynes between July 23rd and Monday.

If you think you have any information about this crime, particularly about the fate of the infant torn from Haynes's body, call the Worcester Police Department Detective Bureau at 508-799-8651. [Source: WCVB Boston]
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

why didnt anyone go looking for her sooner?    surely she had a friend, a family member...
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

Holy shit.

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=21385.msg1347810#msg1347810 date=1248852500]
    why didnt anyone go looking for her sooner?    surely she had a friend, a family member...
    [/quote]
    Especially considering how close she was to her delivery day.  And there hadn't been a missing persons report filed??
    I suppose it's good in some way that it was the landlord that found her, because my mom would have beat the goddamned door down (probably within a few hours of me not answering the phone).
    If the murderer had medical training (nurse, EMT), what are the chances they could keep the baby alive on their own?
    That's a legit question, by the way.  I'm curious.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

[quote author=Cat Pajamas link=topic=21385.msg1347872#msg1347872 date=1248861373]
    Especially considering how close she was to her delivery day.  And there hadn't been a missing persons report filed??
    I suppose it's good in some way that it was the landlord that found her, because my mom would have beat the goddamned door down (probably within a few hours of me not answering the phone).
    If the murderer had medical training (nurse, EMT), what are the chances they could keep the baby alive on their own?
    That's a legit question, by the way.  I'm curious.
    [/quote]

thats what i'm saying...she was 8 months pregnant...she had to have had someone close to her.  the babys father, her mother, sisters/brothers, aunts, grandparents. someone.

as for what the chances are of keeping the baby alive on their own...it really depends on how much the baby is developed.  usually at 8 months gestation the lungs are still immature.  that requires special care.  :|

I might have read it wrong but does her myspace claim she is the mother to three girls? Where are her other kids? Why weren't they home and why did no one worry if she hadn't contacted them in a few days? 

I was about to post this on the main page.  I am glad I double checked!

My first thought was Sschlange, too.  :-P

Someone has got to know something... suspect something... right?

Still no answers or persons of interest. I found it weird that they named her 18 month old by her name. Do they usually do that?

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1187810&srvc=rss

Authorities are scouring Worcester-area hospitals today hoping to find the fetus ripped out of a murdered Darlene Haynes.

Worcester Police Sgt. Kerry F. Hazelhurst said police don’t have any arrests or persons of interest to report. He would not discuss the extent of the search for the fetus.

The murdered woman’s boyfriend said today he wants the person who took the child to “turn yourself in or keep on running.”

“The Lord is going to catch up to you,” Roberto C. Rodriguez told the Worcester Telegram & Gazette. “Drop the kid off. Drop the kid off at a hospital.”

Tim Connolly, a spokesman for the Worcester County District Attorney, whose office is aiding local police, also said no arrests have been made or persons of interest named.

Connolly also refused to discuss the breadth of the search for the fetus.

The state took emergency custody of Haynes’ 18-month-old daughter, Alison Goodwin, a spokeswoman for the Department of Children and Families told the Herald today. This morning they petitioned Worcester District Court to formalize custody. The tot, Christina Rodriguez, has been placed with a foster family.

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=21385.msg1348106#msg1348106 date=1248884694]
    Still no answers or persons of interest. I found it weird that they named her 18 month old by her name. Do they usually do that?

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1187810&srvc=rss

Authorities are scouring Worcester-area hospitals today hoping to find the fetus ripped out of a murdered Darlene Haynes.

Worcester Police Sgt. Kerry F. Hazelhurst said police don’t have any arrests or persons of interest to report. He would not discuss the extent of the search for the fetus.

The murdered woman’s boyfriend said today he wants the person who took the child to “turn yourself in or keep on running.”

“The Lord is going to catch up to you,” Roberto C. Rodriguez told the Worcester Telegram & Gazette. “Drop the kid off. Drop the kid off at a hospital.”

Tim Connolly, a spokesman for the Worcester County District Attorney, whose office is aiding local police, also said no arrests have been made or persons of interest named.

Connolly also refused to discuss the breadth of the search for the fetus.

The state took emergency custody of Haynes’ 18-month-old daughter, Alison Goodwin, a spokeswoman for the Department of Children and Families told the Herald today. This morning they petitioned Worcester District Court to formalize custody. The tot, Christina Rodriguez, has been placed with a foster family.

[/quote]

Who had the 18 month old whilst all this happened??i hope to god she wasn't there when it all happened...Also it said on her profile she had 3 beautiful baby girls...where are the others?  :|

[quote author=lulupop link=topic=21385.msg1348132#msg1348132 date=1248885851]
    Who had the 18 month old whilst all this happened??i hope to god she wasn't there when it all happened...Also it said on her profile she had 3 beautiful baby girls...where are the others?  :|
    [/quote]

I think she was speaking about her 18 month old, the child she was carrying, and then it looks like she lost a child?

This is in her about me area on her myspace page:

MY KIDS COME BEFORE ANYTHING I ENJOY DANCEING. GOING TO THE MOVEIS. BUT DONT GET IT TWISTED.I DONT NEED TO DO ALL DAT TO BE WIFEY...font MY BABY 03/27/08 10:30AM R.I.P AND THAT ONE P><
    and then this in her who I would like to meet section:

<MY BABY 03/27/08
    Another thing that bothers me is the quote given by the babies father:

“turn yourself in or keep on running.”
    He almost sounds like he doesn't give a damn.  I know it might be just the way the article was written... but it made me scratch my head.

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=21385.msg1348291#msg1348291 date=1248892186]

He almost sounds like he doesn't give a damn.  I know it might be just the way the article was written... but it made me scratch my head.
    [/quote]

I think he means that whoever did it better not let him catch up.  Worded strangely, I know.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=21385.msg1348291#msg1348291 date=1248892186]
    I think she was speaking about her 18 month old, the child she was carrying, and then it looks like she lost a child?

This is in her about me area on her myspace page:

and then this in her who I would like to meet section:

[/quote]

she hasn't logged into myspace since 17/9/08 so she wouldn't have been pregnant then 

Authorities in Worcester seek killer in case of fetus cut from womb

By John R. Ellement, Globe Staff

Law enforcement authorities in Worcester are looking today for the person who killed a 23-year-old pregnant woman in the city and for the woman's fetus, which may still be alive after being cut by the killer out of the victim's body.

Darlene Hayes, a mother of three, was found dead in a closet in the bedroom of her apartment Monday. Her body was taken to the medical examiner’s office in Boston, and an autopsy conducted Tuesday confirmed that she had been killed and that the fetus had been cut from her womb.

In a statement released by Worcester police Tuesday, the medical examiner’s office said that Haynes’s baby could have survived but that it would require immediate medical attention.

Haynes's uncle, Karl Whitney of Palmer, acting as a spokesman for the grieving family, said today that Haynes had already picked out a name, Sheila Marie, for her baby.

The family is hopeful that the child is still alive and that, if someone has her, they'll bring her back. If the worst has happened and the child is dead, they would like the body back so mother and daughter can be buried together, Whitney said.

Whitney said he was devastated when he learned of Haynes's death. "I just can't describe it. I was speechless. I started crying," he said.

A neighbor who lives in Hayes's building said she heard a "crazy banging" coming from Hayes's apartment at about 2 a.m. Saturday, but was simply annoyed and thought nothing of it.

Haynes was last seen Thursday, police said. On Monday, residents in her building on Southgate Street called the landlord to report a strong odor coming from her second-floor apartment. The victim’s body, wrapped in bedding, was found by the landlord, police said.

Haynes’s body was so mangled and decomposed that police said they could not immediately identify her gender.

Whitney said his niece had three children, 5 years old and younger, two of whom were being raised by their maternal grandmother. The third is now with Haynes's boyfriend or his family.

Haynes, who attended special education programs in the Worcester schools, was "neurologically impaired," Whitney said.

"Sometimes, unfortunately, Darlene would not make decisions correctly," he said.

Haynes's neighbor said Haynes lived with an 18-month-old daughter and had told her recently that she had broken up with her boyfriend and was facing eviction because she was unable to pay her bills. "She had nowhere to go," the neighbor said, describing Haynes as immature, depressed, and very lonely.

The neighbor said she became concerned when Haynes's cat came to her apartment on Sunday, looking for food, and summoned Worcester police. An officer knocked on the door and looked in the window of Haynes's apartment at about 2 p.m. Sunday, but took no action, she said.

The cause of Haynes's death is not yet known, but Worcester Detective Captain Edward J. McGinn Jr. told the Telegram & Gazette of Worcester Tuesday that Haynes had also sustained head trauma.

“Detectives are searching for this fetus,’’ police said in a statement last night.

The newspaper reported that Haynes dropped her one-year-old daughter off at her boyfriend’s house on Thursday.

Worcester police spokesman Sergeant Kerry Hazelhurst had a three-word description of the state of the investigation this morning. "No new developments," he said.

The Telegram & Gazette identified Haynes's boyfriend as Roberto C. Rodriguez, 24. Haynes had an active restraining order against her longtime boyfriend, whom she accused of pushing her into a glass table on June 24, and ripping the phone off the wall so she could not call police, the newspaper said.

Rodriguez is not named as a suspect in Haynes’s slaying.

He is due in court today to answer to charges of aggravated assault and battery and intimidation of a witness in the June 24 case. In a statement released by Worcester police, the medical examiner’s office said that Haynes’s baby could have survived but that it would require immediate medical attention.

Anyone with information on the case or the whereabouts of the baby is urged to call Worcester detectives at 508-799-8651.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/07/worcester_slay.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

:2huh: That's freakin' horrifying

I wonder why he isn't a suspect.

The baby of a murdered pregnant Worcester, Mass., woman was found alive in a New Hampshire hospital tonight, ABC News affiliate WCVB in Boston reported.

The baby, a girl, was being evaluated at the Plymouth, N.H., hospital where she was found and appeared to be in fair condition, police said.

The mutilated body of her mother, Darlene Haynes, had been found wrapped in bedding in a closet in her Southgate Street apartment Monday. The 23-year-old was eight months pregnant at the time of her death, and police said the fetus had been cut from her body.

Julie Corey, 35, of Worcester, was arrested tonight in Plymouth, N.H., on a charge of kidnapping, but she could face a murder charge when she is returned to Massachusetts, police said.

A man was also arrested, police said, but they did not release his name.

Police said they were led to Corey because she told friends she had just had a baby, WCVB reported.

"Friends became concerned about how she got home so early after giving birth," Worcester police Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst said.

Worcester police had been frantically searching for the fetus since Haynes' body was discovered.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8207221&page=1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=lulupop link=topic=21385.msg1348309#msg1348309 date=1248892894]
    she hasn't logged into myspace since 17/9/08 so she wouldn't have been pregnant then 
    [/quote]

Oops.  Ignore me, then... haha...

Re: Darlene Haynes (23) had her unborn baby taken from her womb and she was found dead in her apartm

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/843711/police-hunt-baby-sliced-from-mums-womb

I just saw this one on the news and am still finding information. Apparently they have found the baby and she is healthy. Darlene wasn't so lucky  
    Aussie!

Baby girl cut from mom's womb is found; 2 arrested

Related Article Links
    Woman killed, fetus removed from womb
    WORCESTER, Mass. -- A baby girl cut from her mother's womb was found and a woman arrested after acquaintances became suspicious of her claims that she was the baby's mother, police said.

The body of the girl's mother was found Monday in a closet at her Worcester apartment. It was not until an autopsy that authorities discovered the fetus was missing.

The girl appeared to be in "fairly good health" at a New Hampshire hospital Wednesday, Worcester Police Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst said.

Julie Corey, 35, of Worcester, Mass., and a male companion were arrested in Plymouth, N.H., where police found them with the child. Corey was charged as a fugitive from justice and is to be arraigned in district court in Concord, N.H., on Thursday. She was in custody and could not be reached for comment late Wednesday, and Worcester police did not know whether she had a lawyer. Police in New Hampshire said the man was released.

Police said Corey had reportedly gone to New Hampshire to relocate. A newspaper report said she arrived at a Plymouth homeless shelter Tuesday night. She told workers there that the girl was 6 days old and identified herself as the mother but had no information on the child, according to the Union Leader in New Hampshire.

Corey was arrested the next afternoon as she tried to leave the shelter with the infant after workers alerted police and a nurse began photographing the baby with her cell phone, the report said.

The baby's mother, Darlene Haynes, was eight months pregnant. Her body was found by her landlord, William Thompson, who said a "horrifying smell" led him to her apartment, where he found her body wrapped in bedding in a closet. Her death was ruled a homicide.

"It's horrific," Thompson said Wednesday. "There's no words to describe what's going on in this building today."

The exact cause of Haynes' death has yet to be determined pending toxicology tests, but Worcester Police Detective Capt. Edward J. McGinn Jr. said the autopsy indicated Haynes suffered head injuries.

Police said the 23-year-old had apparently been dead for several days, and that she hadn't contacted family or friends since Thursday.

Corey was an acquaintance of the victim. She was the last person to see Haynes alive Thursday night. Corey showed up the next day at her home in Worcester with a baby.

"Some friends became concerned with how she got home so early after giving birth. And then of course, as the information came to light on this investigation many of her acquaintances watched the news and realized there was a woman who was killed and missing their child. And they became suspicious and began to contact the police department," said Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst, of the Worcester Police Department.

Haysha Toledo, a 17-year-old neighbor, said neighbors used to hear fighting from the apartment Haynes shared until recently with her boyfriend, Roberto Rodriguez.

"We used to hear her crying and screaming but no one ever really did anything," Toledo said, adding that neighbors did not want to get involved.

Haynes had a restraining order against Rodriguez, who allegedly pushed her into a glass table in June and cut her arm, then grabbed her by the throat and slapped her, according to court records. Court records also showed Rodriguez was charged with hitting Haynes in 2008 in a case that was continued without a finding.

In June, Haynes described the 24-year-old Rodriguez as her boyfriend of several years. Her landlord said Rodriguez moved out of the apartment last month.

Rodriguez was interviewed by authorities. He said that Haynes was "a nice girl."

"She had her problems, you know, but nobody deserves to go (through) what she went through," he said.

Family members said she had three other children.

Her youngest, an 18-month-old girl, is in state custody, according to Department of Children and Families spokeswoman Alison Goodwin. Family members had been looking after her.

Karl Whitney, Haynes' uncle who is acting as a spokesman for the family, said Haynes' grandmother, Joanne Haynes, is raising the two other children, Jasmine, 5, and Lillian, 3.

He told the Telegram & Gazette that Haynes had picked the name Sheila Marie for her fourth child.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO120350/

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

how sad  :-( rip

Thursday, July 30, 2009

CONCORD, N.H. — Family and friends noticed something wasn't quite right when they saw Julie Corey with what she said was her newborn daughter. She kept the baby under a blanket while seeming to breast-feed her — with a bottle of formula nearby. The umbilical cord was tied with a ribbon, not a clamp.

Then they heard Corey's former neighbor had been found dead with a baby cut from her womb.

Corey, 35, of Worcester, Mass., was ordered held on $2 million bail in New Hampshire on Thursday, one day after being found with a 4-pound baby girl at a homeless shelter.

Appearing in Concord District Court via video from jail, Corey said little during the hearing and did not waive extradition to be brought back to Massachusetts to face kidnapping charges. Judge Gerard Boyle ordered all police affidavits in the case sealed and scheduled a hearing for Aug. 30.

Corey is accused of kidnapping an infant carried by Darlene Haynes, a 23-year-old mother of three who had been eight months' pregnant and was found dead Monday in her Worcester apartment. Authorities say she had head trauma, but an exact cause of death has not been determined. The missing fetus was discovered during an autopsy.

Neighbors say Corey and her boyfriend, Alex Dion, used to live in the apartment building where Haynes' body was found.

Dion's relatives told the Telegram&Gazette of Worcester that they met the baby at a family gathering Saturday, and something didn't seem quite right. They told the newspaper Corey appeared to be breast-feeding under a blanket although there was a bottle of formula. The baby's umbilical cord also did not look like it had been cut by a doctor, they said.

Police confirmed the baby was found with a ribbon wrapped around her umbilical cord.

Corey hasnot been charged in Haynes' death, and Worcester, Mass., District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. said investigators are still trying to determine who was involved.

They also want to know if Corey really was pregnant.

"She had presented herself as pregnant, and as early as last Friday she did have (Haynes') baby with her and was presenting it to family and friends as her own," Early said.

The baby was in good health and is in the custody of the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families, Early said. A custody hearing is scheduled for Monday in Worcester Juvenile Court. Early said several people are seeking custody of the baby.

Haynes and her boyfriend, Roberto Rodriguez, were friends with Corey and Dion. Dion — who was with Corey at the homeless shelter in New Hampshire — was taken into custody and later released to a family member. Haynes had a restraining order against her boyfriend, and her landlord said he moved out of the apartment last month.

Earlier this month, Corey was arrested on assault and battery charges after Dion told police she had beaten him. Dion told authorities involved in that case that Corey was nine months pregnant, Early said.

Haynes' uncle Karl Whitney, acting as a family spokesman, said it was too early to condemn Corey.

"At this point in time, I've got to be grateful to her because she kept the baby alive," he said.

The family is trying to make funeral arrangements while they sort through custody issues.

"This has been one of the most horrific ordeals that our family has ever had to deal with," he said.

Agnes Brady, a neighbor, described Corey as very friendly and recalled her once baking a lasagna for all the neighbors in the apartment building. Brady's son, Randy LaRose, said Corey had an 11-year-old son from a previous relationship who also lived in the apartment.

Corey, Dion and the baby arrived at the homeless shelter in Plymouth, about 40 miles north of Concord, Tuesday night, director Catherine Bentwood confirmed. She said the girl looked comfortable. Corey identified herself as the mother and agreed to have the baby seen by a local pediatrician.

Bentwood said the shelter received a call about 5 p.m. Wednesday asking if staffers could keep Corey there. Officers arrived shortly afterward and arrested her.

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Thread Information