Thread: Man dismembers girlfriend in Quarter; cooks body parts

Man dismembers girlfriend in Quarter; cooks body parts

http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tpupdates/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_tpupdates/archives/2006_10_18.html#195997

Man dismembers girlfriend in Quarter; cooks body parts

A suicide note in the pocket of a man who jumped off the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel late Tuesday led police to the grisly scene of his girlfriend’s murder, where they found her charred head in a pot on the stove, her legs and feet baked in the oven and the rest of her dismembered body nearby in trash bag in the refrigerator, according to police and the couple’s landlord.

The man, Zachary Bowen, a tall man in his mid 20s with long blond hair, claimed in the note to have killed his girlfriend, Adrian “Addie” Hall, also in her mid 20s, on Oct. 5, according to police investigator close to the case who asked his name not be used. In the five-page note, Bowen claimed he strangled Hall in the bathtub, then dismembered her body before taking it in pieces to the kitchen.

Police found the victim’s head burned beyond recognition in a pot on top of the stove, and the legs and feet in the same condition in pans inside the oven, the investigator said.

Shortly after Oct. 1, the couple had rented an apartment together at 826 N. Rampart Street, above a voodoo shop, said their landlord, Leo Watermeier, who recently ran a campaign for mayor.

The couple seemed happy, he said.

“He may have in retrospect seemed a little troubled,” Watermeier said in an interview early Wednesday morning, shortly after he led investigators to the gruesome scene inside the apartment.

Though they appeared happy when they rented the place — telling Watermeier they had fallen in love on the night Hurricane Katrina struck and Hall gave Bowen shelter — they soon had a bitter falling out, Watermeier said. Two days after renting the place on Oct. 1, during a dispute over which of their names would appear on the lease, Hall told Watermeier she intended to kick Bowen out of the apartment after finding out that he had cheated on her, Watermeier said.

Bowen did not take the news well, he said.

“He said, ‘Did you just let her sign a lease alone? Because I’m screwed. I’m totally messed up now. She’s trying to kick me out of our apartment,” Watermeier said.

Hall admitted she was trying to throw Bowen out, he said.

“I caught him cheating on me, and I am kicking him out of this apartment,” she told Watermeier.

Watermeier told the couple to work through their differences and get back to him. He never saw Hall again, and assumed they’d worked it out.

Police came to Watermeier’s door about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, shortly after Bowen committed suicide, asking if he knew a tall man with long blonde hair, and if he had a connection with the apartment at 826 N. Rampart St.

He took them to the apartment, he said, where they warned him he might not want to enter. Investigators told Watermeier what they found, however: charred body parts strewn about the kitchen.

Neither Hall nor Bowen were from New Orleans, Watermeier said, but both seemed “hard core” about the city and proud that they had stayed here through Katrina.

Can someone see if they have a myspace.  I looked but couldn't find anything.

Re: Man dismembers girlfriend in Quarter; cooks body parts

I am glad the article points out that they were not from here!! See these sick weirdos moving in.... what happened to our good old fashioned thugs! Now we have Dahmer wannabes.

Were fava beans and a nice Chianti involved?

you beat me to this!

I searched myspace, but found nothing.

um, ew...
    <br /><br />

&quot;In retrospect, he seemed a little troubled.&quot;

Gee... ya think?

So... if I have this right... she caught him cheating, and was planning on throwing him out.&nbsp; He kills her, dismembers her, and cooks her body parts (maybe as a way of getting rid of the evidence).&nbsp; Then, he apparently realizes what he has done, writes a note confessing to his deed, and jumps off of a hotel.

Just when I think the human race can't get any worse, the news proves me wrong.&nbsp;

I doubt they have a myspace, they were poor..

If you guys wanna see pics of them, however I made a thread before I saw this one, but it has links to news stories where they were featured as people who stayed in N.O. during Katrina...&nbsp;
    [size=11pt]In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.[/size]&nbsp; [size=9pt]-Aristotle[/size]

Can you post the link please? Thanks!

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=2236.0
    [size=11pt]In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.[/size]&nbsp; [size=9pt]-Aristotle[/size]

http://www.newhousenews.com/archive/barrow091505.html

As he picked up limbs along the sidewalk, Bowen added, &quot;It's actually been kind of nice. And I'm getting healthier, eating right and toning up.&quot;

Ironic, no?

what you mean 'picking up limbs' ?&nbsp; :lol:

junko mizuno...

Zachary Bowen &amp; Adriane &quot;Addie&quot; Hall

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1006/2002_cooks_girlfriend.html
    <br /><br /><br />&quot;We&#39;re all fucked. It helps to remember that.&quot;<br />- George Carlin

Thread Information