Thread: Tanya-480 pounds six-foot-six-inches tall and still growing

the color nine

Tanya-480 pounds six-foot-six-inches tall and still growing

Tanya Angus, who suffers from a rare growth condition, is already one of the tallest and heaviest women on the planet.
    Now doctors say she is the only woman in the world whose growth cannot be halted by medication. 
    Suffering from a rare disease known as Acromeglia, a condition often referred to as 'gigantism', (which means her body is producing too much growth hormone), Tanya rocketed from a slender 5ft 8ins at the age of 18 to a massive 6ft 6ins

then

http://www.incrediblefeatures.com/story/?p=3456479

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

Re: Tanya-480 pounds six-foot-six-inches tall and still growing

i just read her story.  jesus, that is so so sad.    i can't even imagine how difficult it must be for her. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Yeah, odd.

To live normally up till 18, and then boom, you're growing non-stop into something you had no idea you would?? Crazy.  I feel bad for the poor girl, she's my age, I can't fathom being "normal" up until 18, and then just changing.

the color nine

It was sad reading about her buying all that makeup in the beginning to make herself look and feel pretty and now she is so racked with pain that getting through a day in almost unbearable.  I can't believe there is no drug available or a surgery to stop this growth.

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=21235.msg1341694#msg1341694 date=1248295018]
    Yeah, odd.

To live normally up till 18, and then boom, you're growing non-stop into something you had no idea you would?? Crazy.  I feel bad for the poor girl, she's my age, I can't fathom being "normal" up until 18, and then just changing.
    [/quote]

ugh.  it seriously must have thrown her for a loop. 

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=21235.msg1341700#msg1341700 date=1248295738]
    It was sad reading about her buying all that makeup in the beginning to make herself look and feel pretty and now she is so racked with pain that getting through a day in almost unbearable.  I can't believe there is no drug available or a surgery to stop this growth.
    [/quote]

as far as surgery goes, i believe they said its wrapped around her internal carotid artery. its just about impossible to remove in a situation like that.  they can probably remove parts of it, but definitely not all of it.  its just too risky.  and if they remove parts of it, it will just grow back.  i do wonder why the drugs cant halt its growth though.  thats really weird.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

the color nine

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=21235.msg1341706#msg1341706 date=1248296131]
    ugh.  it seriously must have thrown her for a loop. 

as far as surgery goes, i believe they said its wrapped around her internal carotid artery. its just about impossible to remove in a situation like that.  they can probably remove parts of it, but definitely not all of it.  its just too risky.  and if they remove parts of it, it will just grow back.  i do wonder why the drugs cant halt its growth though.  thats really weird.
    [/quote]

They did remove part of it.

In 2003, Tanya had a transsphenoidal craniotomy. Doctors were able to remove part of the tumor, but not all of it.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=21235.msg1341729#msg1341729 date=1248297851]

They did remove part of it.

In 2003, Tanya had a transsphenoidal craniotomy. Doctors were able to remove part of the tumor, but not all of it.
    [/quote]

transsphenoidal :2eyesbleed:  just the thought of that gives me the willies.  i know its less invasive than a stardard craniotomy, but still.  ughhh.

This story is just so sad. It must have been devastating for her to have started out so normal and beautiful, only to balloon way out of proportion. It must be so depressing for her. And she still doesn't know how long she will live. :-( One day at a time.

Seriously? I don't think she's that big.

She's a grand total of 2 inches taller than I am.

Aussie!

[quote author=jlydia link=topic=21235.msg1350547#msg1350547 date=1249099578]
    Seriously? I don't think she's that big.

She's a grand total of 2 inches taller than I am.

[/quote]

yeah, but all of this major growth was after she was 18 years old.  she should have stopped growing.  and its not just like being tall, everything gets bigger...hands, feet, bones get thicker, look how much her face has grown.  :|

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar

Bless her heart. It wouldn't be that big of a deal at all if she weren't in so much pain. I didn't read the article yet (sorry) but do they have any idea what caused it?
    Balls.

Yeah, stupid me commented before reading.  :oops: It sounds like it's not only her size that's the problem, it's the continual growth, the pain caused and a huge range of medical issues.

kateisgr3at - the article mentions a syndrome, plus she has a tumour in her brain.
    Aussie!

[quote author=jlydia link=topic=21235.msg1350649#msg1350649 date=1249127841]
    Yeah, stupid me commented before reading.  :oops: It sounds like it's not only her size that's the problem, it's the continual growth, the pain caused and a huge range of medical issues.

kateisgr3at - the article mentions a syndrome, plus she has a tumour in her brain.
    [/quote]

its ok, we've all done it here before.  :lol:

and yeah, she's suffering from acromegaly, and the drugs that usually halt growth aren't working for her, and the tumor cannot be completely removed.  the acromegaly is caused by the tumor.  its a shame, i can't imagine the physical pain she's had to go through.  i remember having growing pains when i was little, imagine growing at the rate that she is. 

[quote author=neener link=topic=21235.msg1350655#msg1350655 date=1249128954]
    its ok, we've all done it here before.  :lol:

and yeah, she's suffering from acromegaly, and the drugs that usually halt growth aren't working for her, and the tumor cannot be completely removed.  the acromegaly is caused by the tumor.  its a shame, i can't imagine the physical pain she's had to go through.  i remember having growing pains when i was little, imagine growing at the rate that she is. 

[/quote]

OMG.  Growing pains were the worst.  I was an average sized kid, then I shot up quite a few inches in a school year. 

I actually grew past 18, around 20 I went from 5'9" to 5'10" and my feet grew half a size.  Luckily it stopped. 

I couldn't imagine!  How horrible for her.  My hubby grew alot  from the age of 18-20yrs.  Im not sure how much exactly but he is now 6'5.5.  He still talks about how painful it was, he has stretch marks that go horizontally on his back & stomach from growing taller so fast.  He talks about it like was excruciating.  I feel so bad for this girl cuz it will never stop for her. 

Thread Information