Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scott Peterson's family seeks death penalty appeal money via PayPal

Scott Peterson's family seeks death penalty appeal money via PayPal

Yes, THAT Scott Peterson.  Unbelievable.

http://www.modbee.com/featured/story/784728.html

Posted on Fri, Jul. 17, 2009
    Scott Peterson's family seeks death penalty appeal money via PayPal
    By Leslie Albrecht
    lalbrecht@modbee.com
    last updated: July 17, 2009 06:55:58 AM

The family of Modesto's most notorious criminal, Scott Peterson, is soliciting donations to help pay for his death penalty appeal.

The Peterson family has set up a PayPal account to take donations via its Web site. The Petersons say they need to raise $95,000. The money will pay for investigators to review evidence that the Petersons believe will help free their son, who they say was wrongly convicted of murdering his wife, Laci, and unborn son, Conner.

On the Web site, the Petersons say they've exhausted their resources paying for Peterson's defense over the past six years. Peterson, 37, was convicted in 2004. He is on death row at San Quentin State Prison.

Peterson's father, Lee Peterson, who lives in Southern California, said in an e-mail to The Bee that his son is the victim of a "horrible travesty."

"It all boils down to this simple fact," Peterson said. "If one or two bad cops feeling the media pressure and-or looking for glory decide to put an innocent man in jail, they have the power to do so. That thought should frighten every citizen."

The state will pay for part of Peterson's appeal. Such appeals are filed automatically after every death penalty conviction.

Laci Peterson's parents, Sharon and Dennis Rocha, recently dropped a $25 million wrongful death lawsuit against Scott Peterson.

On the Web: www.scottpetersonappeal.org.

Bee staff writer Leslie Albrecht can be reached at lalbrecht@modbee.com or 578-2378.
    A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

Re: Scott Peterson's family seeks death penalty appeal money via PayPal

hmm.  Believe I'll send him $.02.  I opposed to the death penalty... but in his case? Not really willing to put my money where my mouth is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

scott peterson and his family can suck it.  :roll:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Hmmm, can we all send invoices instead

Doesn't it cost money for people to collect their payments on PayPal?  I'd send $0.01 if it cost him and his family $0.05 for the transaction...
    A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

I wouldn't send this scum bag or his family a penny!   Let them appeal, he's still guilty and is going to die.  Hopefully SOON!  Cold hearted, cheating, murdering monster!    

RIP Lacy and baby  (sorry, but I can't remember the little ones name)     

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=21124.msg1337681#msg1337681 date=1247883599]
    hmm.  Believe I'll send him $.02.  I opposed to the death penalty... but in his case? Not really willing to put my money where my mouth is.
    [/quote]

Yea. That.
    [quote author=Elegantly_wasted link=topic=21124.msg1339310#msg1339310 date=1248094842]

I wouldn't send this scum bag or his family a penny!  Let them appeal, he's still guilty and is going to die.  Hopefully SOON!  Cold hearted,[s] cheating,[/s] murdering monster!   

RIP Lacy and baby  (sorry, but I can't remember the little ones name)     
    [/quote]

Yea. Fuck him. Cheating isn't punishable by death though, but I hear where you're coming from.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21124.msg1339312#msg1339312 date=1248095941]
    Yea. That.
    Yea. Fuck him. Cheating isn't punishable by death though, but I hear where you're coming from.
    [/quote]
    Yeah but I would consider the cheating as an accessory to the murder itself.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

[quote author=strmmrgrrl link=topic=21124.msg1339314#msg1339314 date=1248096126]
    [/quote]

I just find it disturbing when people can put cheating right next to murdering like they're even in the same ball park.
    Hell....some women will scream out "Kill the cheating bastard!" :-o
    Like ....fuck the murder....he cheated!

People have issues man. :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21124.msg1339322#msg1339322 date=1248097664]
    I just find it disturbing when people can put cheating right next to murdering like they're even in the same ball park.

[/quote]
    I agree with you there - an SO breaking your heart is not the same as said SO actually driving a 16in hunting knife into said heart.  C'mon people, move on and prosper.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

What is sad is some people will donate to save a man who had no thought for his wife's life.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

[quote author=strmmrgrrl link=topic=21124.msg1339324#msg1339324 date=1248098112]
    I agree with you there - an SO breaking your heart is not the same as said SO actually driving a 16in hunting knife into said heart.  C'mon people, move on and prosper.
    [/quote]

When people have these issues, they take it as a personal slight. Someone may have been cheated on before, but it's not like someone has ever murdered them. :|

[quote author=LostSouls link=topic=21124.msg1339340#msg1339340 date=1248100637]
    What is sad is some people will donate to save a man who had no thought for his wife's life.
    [/quote]

I am against the death penalty, but I wouldn't donate a cent. The sad truth is most of the people donating will be people who think he's cute/innocent, and not people that are anti-capital punishment.

[quote author=strmmrgrrl link=topic=21124.msg1339314#msg1339314 date=1248096126]
    [/quote]

Absolutely!  that's the reason he killed her and the baby.  He couldn't have her around AND his girlfriend.  He's a total douche, but we all know that. 

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21124.msg1339322#msg1339322 date=1248097664]

[/quote]

You're right Ron, cheating isn't a crime.  Murder is.  I just think that his cheating was a big factor in this murder case. 

[quote author=Elegantly_wasted link=topic=21124.msg1339732#msg1339732 date=1248130085]
    You're right Ron, cheating isn't a crime.  Murder is.  I just think that his cheating was a big factor in this murder case. 
    [/quote]

Meh. Lots of people cheat and no one ends up dead. In fact, I'll go as far as saying that the majority of cheaters don't murder their SO's.

It's like saying "that littering, murdering piece of shit!"

I mean.... who gives a shit about the littering?

do they really think they have a chance in hell?  i'm all about spending money on a good cause, and i'm pro-death and anti-death penalty, but comethefuckon.  i think his family is going to be disapointed by the half dozen donations they get from sick fucks.

and ron, i thought you were pro death penalty?  anything to get people out of the subways, right?

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21124.msg1339736#msg1339736 date=1248130296]
    Meh. Lots of people cheat and no one ends up dead. In fact, I'll go as far as saying that the majority of cheaters don't murder their SO's.

It's like saying "that littering, murdering piece of shit!"

I mean.... who gives a shit about the littering?
    [/quote]

Yes, but it was in this case.  Cheating that is.....not littering   :lol:

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=21124.msg1339743#msg1339743 date=1248130693]
    do they really think they have a chance in hell?  i'm all about spending money on a good cause, and i'm pro-death and anti-death penalty, but comethefuckon.  i think his family is going to be disapointed by the half dozen donations they get from sick fucks.

and ron, i thought you were pro death penalty?  anything to get people out of the subways, right?
    [/quote]

No....that's abortion. I'm not pro-choice, I'm pro-abortion. I think everyone should have at least one. :-D

I go back and forth with the death penalty, but I think I'm pretty set with being against it from this point on.
    Not only do I want people to suffer here instead of the escape that the
    peaceful nothingness of death gives them, I also get VERY turned off by some of the pro-capital punishment folks. They can get scary, and bloodthirsty. And when you want someone dead that much...it just doesn't seem right to me.
    I mean, Scott wanted someone dead. But suddenly you're better than him when you're talking about how you'd "kill him yourself" and shit like that?

[quote author=Elegantly_wasted link=topic=21124.msg1339744#msg1339744 date=1248130734]
    Yes, but it was in this case.  Cheating that is.....not littering  :lol:
    [/quote]

lol wut?

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21124.msg1339750#msg1339750 date=1248131186]
    No....that's abortion. I'm not pro-choice, I'm pro-abortion. I think everyone should have at least one. :-D

I go back and forth with the death penalty, but I think I'm pretty set with being against it from this point on.
    Not only do I want people to suffer here instead of the escape that the
    peaceful nothingness of death gives them, I also get VERY turned off by some of the pro-capital punishment folks. They can get scary, and bloodthirsty. And when you want someone dead that much...it just doesn't seem right to me.
    I mean, Scott wanted someone dead. But suddenly you're better than him when you're talking about how you'd "kill him yourself" and shit like that?

lol wut?
    [/quote]

i sat on the fence about it for a long time, but i just don't think you can ever justify taking someones life for any other reason than self defense. 

and i second the lul wut?

I think it's really sad that the family can't accept the fact that he's guilty to the point of that they ruined the rest of the family trying to hold onto a truth that simply isn't there.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Well, I WAS gonna donate my life savings (isn't he dreamy!!), but apparently you guys think that's a bad idea?
    You're just fun killers.  Almost as bad as being wife/fetus killers.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=21124.msg1339946#msg1339946 date=1248143069]
    I think it's really sad that the family can't accept the fact that he's guilty to the point of that they ruined the rest of the family trying to hold onto a truth that simply isn't there.
    [/quote]

this. 

how can they really believe that he's innocent?  are they THAT dumb?  :2huh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=21124.msg1339956#msg1339956 date=1248143589]
    this. 

how can they really believe that he's innocent?  are they THAT dumb?  :2huh:
    [/quote]

By this quote, I'm gonna go with a resounding YES:

"If one or two bad cops feeling the media pressure and-or looking for glory decide to put an innocent man in jail, they have the power to do so. That thought should frighten every citizen."

Really? Yeah, because the cops are out to frame your piece of shit son. Forget all the EVIDENCE, it was just some cop looking for glory.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Cat Pajamas link=topic=21124.msg1339954#msg1339954 date=1248143491]
    Well, I WAS gonna donate my life savings (isn't he dreamy!!), but apparently you guys think that's a bad idea?
    You're just fun killers.  Almost as bad as being wife/fetus killers.
    [/quote]

But no where near as bad as a cheater.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=21124.msg1339988#msg1339988 date=1248144998]
    But no where near as bad as a cheater.
    [/quote]
    Well, yeah.  That just goes without saying.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Thread Information