View Poll Results: What are you here for?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laughs

4 28.57%
  • Curiosity

9 64.29%
  • Mourning

1 7.14%

Thread: What are you here for?

What are you here for?

I think this website provides a valuable resource that can be interpereted in many different ways by a reader.Â* When I first came here I was really depressed about death because it wasn't something that I was very familiar with, but I feel much better about it now and I'm sure that somehow this site helped me come to terms with the idea.Â* Obviously one of our natural reactions to dealing with death is humour, and I don't think that that is necessarily a bad thing.Â* Though I would rather see humourous comments kept out of sight of the mourners.

Personally, far from this being a "sick site" or something that should be left to the morbid I'd welcome the study of this site in schools (at a reasonable age though).Â* Firstly to bring the idea of death into the lives of the students to get them used to it and also to prevent some of them suffering the same fate as those mentioned here.Â* I certainly would like my information posted here when I croak it.Â* Speaking of MY death, one problem I used to have was a constant feeling that I was somehow "doomed" to die young, it was a revelation to come here and see from their profiles that all these people who obviously didn't feel "doomed" snuff it anyway.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.Â* I put a poll up too out of curiosity.

Re: What are you here for?

I am just curious about death. it's fascinating to me so this site is a natural addiction. welcome to the forum btw!

Thanks for the welcome!

I jus like to look at the deceased MySpace profiles, and it jus sort of gives me a calm ya kno...but as for the rude ass comments people give...thats jus pointless, the dead cant defend themselves ya kno!
    Come check me out....<br /><br />www.myspace.com/antionettetorr

I'm here bc I finally found a website that thay gives me all the info that I've been curious about on a variety of subjects. I always read the obits in the newspaper & wonder who the person was & how they passed away. Now all I have to do is come here & all their SM accts,blogs & articles are posted. I always thought I was a lil odd bc of my interest in death.Now I know I'm not alone,lol. Coming here I've found they're many ppl who share the same interests as I do. Glad I found y'all! 😊

Im curious about why people do the things they do.What made them say yep thats it , im just gonna fuckin do it, Im gonna kill my neighbor or fuck it im just gonna shoot up my school !
    Seems outrageous to me, but it happens all the time. Growing up i met 3 people at seperate times each grew up to become a "murderer" So this could play into my curiousity.
    I also get sucked into missing persons cases. Where the fuck are they ? Why did they leave ? Kids that go missing in care kill me. I used to work with kids in care, thry can be gone for weeks and no one gives a shit....its wrong.

Yeah it's curiosity. I've always wanted to join a death cult

Thread Information