Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jamie Neale (19) from London is missing in the Blue Mountains, near Sydney

Re: Jamie Neale (19) from London is missing in the Blue Mountains, near Sydney

Yeah I'm totally not buying it.  The weight thing alone just about had me decided.  I once barely ate for a little less than 2 weeks and dropped down to 98 lbs.

And how convenient for his dad to be 'flying home' the same day he miraculously emerges.  Look at Natalee Holloway's mom - she stayed in Aruba for months, desperately searching and holding out hope - on a 16 mile island.  Sounds like a good scheme to make a few bucks to me.  :2shocked:

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=20852.msg1338980#msg1338980 date=1248050651]
    I think that there is definitely something wrong with the story.  I say hoax, or at the very least, total falsification of the facts.
    [/quote]

i think theres something wrong too.  have any of the actual doctors come out to the press and say that there was something wrong with his lungs?  or did jamie and his dad make those statements?  if hardcore hikers and survivalists are coming out and saying that what he did was impossible, well... :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

If Jamie Neale and his father had worked out him being rescued on a certain day so they could play up the "Oh, I had given up hope but then I got a miraculous phone call at the airport," angle, how would they pull that off?  Did Jamie have a calendar or something like that?  Don't get me wrong, I know that it's possible for someone to keep track of the days they are "stranded" but wouldn't one day start blending into another when you are out there that long?

How exactly was he found?  It's probably been mentioned before, and I missed it.  I just wonder how Jamie knew to find help at the exact same time his Dad was about to take off at an airport.  How would Jamie know what time the plane would take off?  That is just weird...

I do believe this is a fraud, I'm just playing devil's advocate here...

Olivia

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=20852.msg1339120#msg1339120 date=1248065327]
    If Jamie Neale and his father had worked out him being rescued on a certain day so they could play up the "Oh, I had given up hope but then I got a miraculous phone call at the airport," angle, how would they pull that off?  Did Jamie have a calendar or something like that?  Don't get me wrong, I know that it's possible for someone to keep track of the days they are "stranded" but wouldn't one day start blending into another when you are out there that long?

How exactly was he found?  It's probably been mentioned before, and I missed it.  I just wonder how Jamie knew to find help at the exact same time his Dad was about to take off at an airport.  How would Jamie know what time the plane would take off?  That is just weird...

I do believe this is a fraud, I'm just playing devil's advocate here...
    [/quote]

Jamie apparently walked into the camp of two bushwalkers.  They called police.  If it is a fraud, maybe they agreed that he would stay 'lost' for 12 days and would get 'found' at a certain time?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=20852.msg1339129#msg1339129 date=1248066050]
    Jamie apparently walked into the camp of two bushwalkers.  They called police.  If it is a fraud, maybe they agreed that he would stay 'lost' for 12 days and would get 'found' at a certain time?
    [/quote]

It's quite convenient, isn't it?

If this is a hoax I hope they admit it somewhere along the line and issue an apology. It just doesn't add up.  If it seems to good to be true, it usually is.

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=20852.msg1339165#msg1339165 date=1248068224]
    It's quite convenient, isn't it?

If this is a hoax I hope they admit it somewhere along the line and issue an apology. It just doesn't add up.  If it seems to good to be true, it usually is.
    [/quote]

And give that fraud money up, maybe to a good cause.

:x

[quote author=holly link=topic=20852.msg1339184#msg1339184 date=1248070082]
    And give that fraud money up, maybe to a good cause.

:x
    [/quote]

I agree.  It should be donated to the search and rescue groups that tried to find him... it would buy some nice new equipment and training.

This reminds me of that one girl in the states that staged her own "abduction."  When police were looking for her they found her cuddled into a ball in some bushes.  She even pretended to be scared to go with the cops telling them that her abductor would kill her if she left.  She had duct tape on her (if I remember correctly) and when police checked into the type of tape and where the person bought it, they found her on the store's cameras buying it.

So many people were looking for her, spending their personal time and resources that she eventually made an apology for the hoax.

In her case I think she just wanted attention, in this case I believe it's all about the money.

Olivia

The 60 minutes video is up online and there is also a transcript if you cant be bothered to watch the whole thing

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=838870

Someone told me yesterday that they think Jamie is 'not all there'  :lol:

Someone told me yesterday that they think Jamie is 'not all there' 
    :lol:

I agree he looks like a bit of a space cadet. I was assuming he was drugged up on copious amounts of Xanax or something, judging by the goofy grin on his face.

If it was an attempt for publicity, he should of done his research. The only way you could possibily win a million dollars and get yourself your own musical in Australia is if you top the two blokes who got stuck in a mineshaft in Beaconsfield and drank their own urine for a week, or possibly by a dingo eating your baby. Talk about a shitstorm in a tea-cup.

Getting lost in the bush just doesn't cut it anymore. No-one cares. Sad but true. lol

Olivia

:lol:

Mr Neale, 19, was paid £50,000 by Australian current affairs show, 60 Minutes, to recount his story of being lost in the Australian bush for 12 days.

Richard Cass, who joined the hunt for his son, claims they agreed to split the fee – and donate some to the mountain rescue charity which helped the search.

Mr Cass, who has flown back to the UK, has reportedly had a "serious fall out" with the teenager after he said he said was keeping the money.

"Richard is ashamed of his son's behaviour. He feels like he's been kicked in the teeth," a source told The Sun.

Mr Neale, from Muswell Hill, North London, needed hospital treatment after surviving on berries in the Blue Mountains 70 miles west of Sydney.

He told police that he had lost his way on a path to Mount Solitary when he wandered onto a wallaby track by mistake. He was only carrying a rudimentary YHA map, which did not explain the terrain's typography.

He was rescued after meeting hikers.

Mr Neale's mother Jean criticised her estranged husband, she said: "His behaviour is outrageous.

"He phoned me yesterday to say he was selling his story because he was angry Jamie is refusing to share the money with him," she told the paper.

The teenager, who was on his gap year when he disappeared from a youth hostel in Katoomba on July 3, told police he knew he was in "dire straits" when helicopters stopped passing overhead. He thought rescue teams had given up looking for him and then went into "survival mode", searching for a way out of the wilderness instead of waiting in one spot to be found.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/5898841/PLEASELEGAL-Father-of-lost-backpacker-Jamie-Neale-cut-out-of-50000-TV-deal.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a bunch of assholes.  :lol:
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

There was a local story awhile ago about a lad that wanted to go on a lifeboat so he swam as far out as he could and his friend on the shore was going too call them, but the silly little ass got swept even futher out in rough seas so they have to spend hours and tons of £ to find him. When his mother found out what he did she told him too hand over his savings to the lifeboat and heli crews, he refused so put a big box in the garden and made him move into until he changed his mind... he soon did.

I know that has very little point too this story but i just can't believe, fake or not, that you wouldn't hand the cash over too the people who found you. Even more so since he is selling his story. All of it, not splitting it with his father!

The father and son are arseholes, "went into "survival mode", searching for a way out of the wilderness instead of waiting in one spot to be found. "
    Or he was walking further out too make himself seem lost. What a tosser. Good one the mother is finally speaking out, maybe she didn't before because she knew there was more too it.

Olivia

I hate to even bump this because this guy is such a douche but oh well

Rescued backpacker donates fraction of windfallSeptember 18, 2009 - 6:30AM

Jamie Neale ... earned $200,000 from 60 Minutes interview.

British backpacker Jamie Neale has sent the State Emergency Service (SES) a fraction of the money he earned from selling his tale of survival in the NSW Blue Mountains.

After a massive operation, the SES found the 19-year-old Londoner 12 days after he disappeared during a planned bushwalk on July 3.

Neale earned $200,000 from selling the story of how he survived on bush tucker and slept under logs to the Nine Network's 60 Minutes program.

At the time, he said part of the deal was that rescue services would receive $100,000 worth of local advertising to inform the public about how to properly prepare for hikes.

On Thursday, the Seven Network reported that Neale had personally donated $1500 to the Blue Mountains SES.

"The money will go to helping run the organisation here in the Blue Mountains," an SES spokesman told the network.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/rescued-backpacker-donates-fraction-of-windfall-20090917-ftmm.html

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=20852.msg1390833#msg1390833 date=1253224980]
    I hate to even bump this because this guy is such a douche but oh well

Rescued backpacker donates fraction of windfallSeptember 18, 2009 - 6:30AM

Jamie Neale ... earned $200,000 from 60 Minutes interview.

British backpacker Jamie Neale has sent the State Emergency Service (SES) a fraction of the money he earned from selling his tale of survival in the NSW Blue Mountains.

After a massive operation, the SES found the 19-year-old Londoner 12 days after he disappeared during a planned bushwalk on July 3.

Neale earned $200,000 from selling the story of how he survived on bush tucker and slept under logs to the Nine Network's 60 Minutes program.

At the time, he said part of the deal was that rescue services would receive $100,000 worth of local advertising to inform the public about how to properly prepare for hikes.

On Thursday, the Seven Network reported that Neale had personally donated $1500 to the Blue Mountains SES.

"The money will go to helping run the organisation here in the Blue Mountains," an SES spokesman told the network.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/rescued-backpacker-donates-fraction-of-windfall-20090917-ftmm.html
    [/quote]

Bit late on this convo but $1500?!! the cheeky little shit!
    If you promise not to get emotionally attached, you may officially kiss my ass.

Why am I not surprised? 

ugh.  i wish this douche would go back out in the wilderness and get lost for real.  :x

Why isn't this on the news here, grr makes me sick. They should be shaming him. Even half the money would of been something but £1,500 is a insult.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=20852.msg1391371#msg1391371 date=1253292495]
    Why isn't this on the news here, grr makes me sick. They should be shaming him. Even half the money would of been something but £1,500 is a insult.
    [/quote]

I agree. It was headline news when he was found.  It should be on the news showing what an asshole he is.  Maybe that would make him cough up some more money.  £1500 is pathetic

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=20852.msg1391446#msg1391446 date=1253297772]
    I agree. It was headline news when he was found.  It should be on the news showing what an asshole he is.  Maybe that would make him cough up some more money.  £1500 is pathetic
    [/quote]

Its $1500 AUD which is equivalent to £798.

He claims to have donated $16,000 which is still shit considering he was paid around $200k for an interview and his rescue cost $100,000.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26091493-2702,00.html

I was surprised that he even coughed up the $1500!

[quote author=moya link=topic=20852.msg1391690#msg1391690 date=1253321581]
    I was surprised that he even coughed up the $1500!
    [/quote]

lol
    If you promise not to get emotionally attached, you may officially kiss my ass.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=20852.msg1391371#msg1391371 date=1253292495]
    [/quote]

Probably because the inevitable question would be raised to the nine network over why exactly they are engaging in cheque-book journalism to source bullshit stories. 

How that story was even worth $200,000 is beyond me.

Probably because the inevitable question would be raised to the nine network over why exactly they are engaging in cheque-book journalism to source bullshit stories. 

How that story was even worth $200,000 is beyond me.
    Agreed!

Thread Information