Thread: Girl (6) flees after being abducted. Justin Shine arrested

Girl (6) flees after being abducted. Justin Shine arrested

The subject line could have been better,sorry.

This could have and probably would have turned out a lot worse if the little girl didnt escape.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/06/girl_6_flees_af.html

HANOVER — A 26-year-old man was charged with kidnapping and attempted rape of a 6-year-old girl who disappeared while riding her bicycle Saturday and later escaped from an apartment in shackles, authorities said.

The child had been gone about 30 minutes while bicycling at the Hanover Woods apartment complex on Franks Lane, when her mother reported her missing to police at 1:05 p.m., Plymouth District Attorney Timothy J. Cruz said at a press conference Saturday night.

Police responded immediately, and as they did a door-to-door search, the child escaped, her legs in shackles, Cruz said. She pointed to an apartment, and police entered.

After a struggle, police arrested Justin Shine, 26, of Hanover, who had self-inflicted wounds, Cruz said. He would not say whether Shine lived at the apartment.

The girl was taken to a hospital, but authorities would not comment on whether she was injured.

‘‘Officials did an excellent job,’’ Cruz told reporters at the Hanover police station. ‘‘It’s fair to say that if the police didn’t do the job that they did, that this situation may have ended worse.’’

Shine, who was also transported to a hospital, was charged with kidnapping, attempted rape, assault, and resisting arrest, Cruz said. He said that charges may be added or modified pending the investigation. Shine will be arraigned Monday in Hingham District Court.

Cruz said there was evidence that Shine had the child detained inside the apartment. There were no reports of weapons found.

Hanover police Chief Walter Sweeney said officers responded to the mother’s report immediately. ‘‘We get calls about children missing all the time, and our police treated this with absolute seriousness and were diligent in their work,’’ he said.

Last night, police tape blocked off part of the complex of two- and three-story buildings, located off Route 139 near a shopping mall. Residents of the complex said they were stunned by news of the abduction.

‘‘It’s disgusting to have this happen to someone so close to where I live,’’ said Rob Jolly, 32, adding that he did not know anyone involved.

‘‘I have been here for two years and it’s a great place to live with a lot of families. It is very safe and that is one of the reasons I moved here. Sometimes there’s loud parties, but that’s about it.’’

Cruz said there had been no similar activity in the area, and they did not believe anyone else was involved in yesterday’s attack.

‘‘We want parents to know that this man is in custody and that there have been no prior events to this and they should not be concerned,’’ Cruz said.

Myspace(private): http://www.myspace.com/443518279

Re: Girl (6) flees after being abducted. Justin Shine arrested

Damn private profiles! I hate them!!! 

This little girl is my hero.  She got away and told police where to go... amazing.

He injected the girl with an unknown substance. Cant they do a test to find out what it is?

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1181946&srvc=rss

Horrifying new details are being released in the case of the 6-year-old Hanover girl who was allegedly abducted by a neighbor and assaulted Saturday afternoon.

Justin Shine, 26, was arraigned this morning in Hingham District Court for the attack, charged with kidnapping, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, attempted rape and resisting arrest. He is being held without bail until a dangerousness hearing Wednesday.

According to prosecutor Sharon Donatelle, Shine lured his son’s friend to his Hanover Woods apartment with a promise of seeing hamsters. But once inside, Donatelle said, he shackled the girl’s ankles and legs with chains, wrapped tape across her mouth and hands and used a syringe to inject her with an unknown substance.

Shine later told police he had been injecting himself with cocaine and planned to “engage in sexual activity with the child but at some point had second thoughts.”

“At one point, she was crying and he told her to shut up,” Donatelle said in court. “He told her she wasn’t going to die today but he was.”

The child later told police she “felt sleepy” after being stuck with the needle.

According to a police report, police found the child shortly after responding to a mother’s call for help for a missing child. The mother said she had let her daughter ride her pink bike outside while she put her younger child down for a nap. But when she looked for her just 20 minutes later, she was missing.

Police heard frantic screaming shortly after responding. They then saw a neighbor of the girl coming from another apartment building carrying the girl under his arm, according to the report. The girl’s feet were shackled, her hands and feet were bleeding and she was crying.

When police asked the girl what happened, she said the man had taken her, according to the report.

She pointed out the apartment, known to the girl as the home of one of her friend’s fathers, and police forced their way inside.

Once inside, the report says, police found a blood trail through the apartment and noticed a pink bicycle, covered with a sleeping bag in the living room, and Barbie helmet in the kitchen.

Police said they also found ropes, chains and syringes in the apartment. They followed a blood trail to the master bedroom where they found the suspect, later identified as Shine, covered in blood. He struggled with police before he was arrested.

Police say his wounds were self-inflicted.

A not guilty plea was entered on Shine’s behalf in court.

District Attorney Timothy Cruz said the child’s physical condition is OK, but she was obviously traumatized.

“What a traumatic thing for a 6-year-old child to go through,” Cruz said after the court proceeding. “I’m sure it will be a long road ahead for her.”

damn.  poor child.

I was just about to post this. On myfoxboston.com they posted his myspace with the news article. I thought that was a little weird. They have never done that before.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...s_girl_on_bike

So glad she was able to get away. Poor girl. I hope he goes to jail for a long time.
    Oh nooooooo your tires all flat and junk.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

[quote author=tanya2012 link=topic=20685.msg1318300#msg1318300 date=1246292495]
    I was just about to post this. On myfoxboston.com they posted his myspace with the news article. I thought that was a little weird. They have never done that before.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...s_girl_on_bike

So glad she was able to get away. Poor girl. I hope he goes to jail for a long time.
    [/quote]
    http://www.myspace.com/443518279
    Heres the URL that was under the pic.

[quote author=Seraphim link=topic=20685.msg1318318#msg1318318 date=1246293642]
    http://www.myspace.com/443518279
    Heres the URL that was under the pic.
    [/quote]

His status says "Justin is at home."

I beg to differ.  :lol: 

Well, actually he's headed for his new home.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Poor kid.

She is going to need some counseling, I hope she gets it.  My heart breaks for her, but I am really proud of her, too. She didn't give up even though she must have been scared as hell.  She's only 6 and she got away.  I wish I could meet her and tell her what a good job she did.  I hope this a-hole is put away for a very long time.

Thread Information