Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca Nalepa (32) - Girlfriend of Millionaire Found Naked and Dead at Spreckels Mansion

Rebecca Nalepa (32) - Girlfriend of Millionaire Found Naked and Dead at Spreckels Mansion

Nude Woman Found Dead at Spreckels Mansion ID'd

Sheriff's officials are calling the death suspicious and violent.

CORONADO, Calif. (KTLA) -- A multi-millionaire's 32-year-old girlfriend has been found dead at the landmark Spreckels Mansion in Coronado, and sheriff's officials are calling the death violent and suspicious.

The naked body of Rebecca Nalepa was found Wednesday morning in the courtyard of the 27-room beachfront mansion, according to local news reports

Nalepa was dating the mansion's owner, 54-year-old Jonah Shacknai, founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp.

In a statement issued Wednesday, the company said the Shacknai family is "deeply saddened to learn of a tragic incident" at Spreckels Mansion.

San Diego County Sheriff's Department officials described the circumstances of Nalepa's death as suspicious and violent.

On Monday, police were called to the mansion after a child was injured and had to be hospitalized. Neighbors told KSWB-TV the child was Shacknai's 6-year-old son. The boy's mother reportedly lives nearby.

The boy's grandmother tells The Arizona Republic newspaper that her daughter and Shacknai have been continuously at the hospital with the child.

The mansion, one of the most storied residences in Coronado, was built in 1908 as a beach home for John D. Spreckels, who owned the nearby Hotel del Coronado

--------------------------------------------

This should get interesting

Dont get me started on my love for Coronado and the Spreckels so much beautiful and tragic history

Get started, I have no clue about them, too far down south for me.

So, why was it violent??

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Yikes..

The woman found dead at the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado may have committed suicide, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department said Thursday.

Rebecca Nalepa, 32, the live-in girlfriend of the home's owner, Jonah Shacknai, the founder and owner of an Arizona-based pharmaceutical company, was found dead in the courtyard of the mansion.
    Sheriff''s Capt. Tim Curran said that Shacknai's brother, Adam, made an emergency call Wednesday morning saying he had found Nalepa hanging by her neck from a balcony. When police arrived, her nude body was found in the courtyard, her hands and feet bound.
    Curran said that Adam Shacknai told police that he had cut down Nalepa's body in apparent hopes she was still alive.
    "We are not ready to determine if this was a suicide or a criminal act," Curran said. He said that Adam Shacknai is considered a witness, not a suspect or even a "person of interest."
    The only people at the 27-room mansion at the time were Nalepa and Adam Shacknai, Curran said.
    Jonah Shacknai and his ex-wife were reportedly at a local hospital at the bedside of their 6-year-old son, who was seriously injured Monday in a fall at the mansion.
    Police have found no link between the child's injury and the death of Nalepa, Curran said.
    The mansion was built in 1908 by sugar baron and philanthropist John D. Spreckels.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Does it matter?

Fuckin Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

She pushed the little boy off the balcony. He didn't die and she's afraid he's going to rat her out so she offed herself. She tied herself up first to make it look like she was murdered because she has a deep hatred for the family and wants someone to pay for her "murder."

WARNING: The above is fiction. Any similarity to real people or events is merely coincidental.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    She pushed the little boy off the balcony. He didn't die and she's afraid he's going to rat her out so she offed herself. She tied herself up first to make it look like she was murdered because she has a deep hatred for the family and wants someone to pay for her "murder."

WARNING: The above is fiction. Any similarity to real people or events is merely coincidental.
    I think I saw this episode of Law & Order

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I think I saw this episode of Law & Order

She had once seen it done on Law and Order and was positive she could pull it off.

She had once seen it done on Law and Order and was positive she could pull it off.

Hmmm.....you may be on to something.

It's like clue.

Obviously Mr.Mustard on the parlor balcony with the rope.

Maybe she did it herself, but I am thinking not so much. I wouldn't want to be so hindered if I was set on offing myself. Seems like a lot of trouble.

How could she tie her feet and hands up and still manage to get over the rail of a balcony? I would definitely be a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    How could she tie her feet and hands up and still manage to get over the rail of a balcony? I would definitely be a lot of trouble.
    I would think falling over the railing would be the easy part.

I would think falling over the railing would be the easy part.
    Well, yeah. But tying your own hands and feet up? I get that it is possible that she tied her own feet up, but how could she tie her own hands up? She's like Houdini!

She pushed the little boy off the balcony. He didn't die and she's afraid he's going to rat her out so she offed herself.
    I could see her death connected to an injury the child sustained. The whole tying up thing hmmm..

Rebecca Nalepa (32) found naked, bound, hanging at historic California mansion

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...61-504083.html

There is an FB for someone with her name, but it has no info and has no pictures to link this to her, so I didn't want to submit it. But yea, WTF?

CORONADO, Calif. - Police say a nude woman was found hanging from a balcony, her hands and feet bound, at a mansion in Coronado, Calif. Wednesday. According to CBS affiliate KFMB, investigators identified her as 32-year-old Rebecca Nalepa, also known as Rebecca Zahau.

The victim was the girlfriend of multi-millionaire Jonah Shacknai, who police say owns the home. They had been dating about two years.

Jonah's brother Adam Shacknai discovered the Nalepa's body and called 911 early Wednesday and reported that a woman, who was staying at the home, was in distress, according to deputies. After Adam Shacknai found Nalepa's body hanging by a rope from a balcony, he cut her down. Nalepa's hands were tied behind her back and her feet were also bound together.

An autopsy is being completed Thursday by the San Diego Medical Examiner's office.
    Once police officers and paramedics arrived Wednesday morning, paramedics performed life-saving measures on the woman. But despite those efforts, the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.

Investigators are calling the death suspicious but have not ruled out the possibility of suicide.

"It appears to be some type of a violent death, and I'm not going to compromise the integrity of the investigation by giving anything more than that at this time," San Diego County Sheriff's Dept. Capt. Tim Curran said.

The Spreckels Mansion, once owned by San Diego magnate John D. Spreckels, was built in 1908. It sits on 12,751 square feet of property with a 115-foot unobstructed view of the beach. Spreckels also owned the nearby Hotel del Coronado, in addition to many other properties and businesses.

The mansion is now owned by Shacknai, who Forbes Magazine identifies as the CEO of a Healthcare/Biotech firm in Scottsdale, Arizona called Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. Shacknai and his family live in Arizona and stay at their Coronado mansion during the summer months. According to records, Shacknai purchased the home in 2007 for $12.7 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...eckels-Mansion

But hey, now that there is a pic of her.. it was total foul play.

haha good call. I googled her name to search her on here, but it didn't come up. cool, someone delete this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

We have to at least save her pic..

Pic!

Ooh she's pretty.
    All though I knew she would be if she was 32 and married to a millionaire

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    HG, where can I read about the drama with the Spreckels? I looked yesterday and found nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    HG, where can I read about the drama with the Spreckels? I looked yesterday and found nothing.
    I did the same thing!!

I only found a Spreckels family member with building history in San Francisco. And the dude that is at this place isn't a Spreckel. All this mystery!!
    Last edited by g r ee n ey e s; 07-15-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Well I didnt clarify. Me FAIL.

I was referring to the Hotel Coronado. The Spreckles were heirs to come sort of plantation fortune (i forget what though) and pretty much developed that whole island in the early 1900's. They built the mansion that Rebecca just died in and they added the museum, library and music to make it a classy place. He also had carnivals in the 1940's on the boardwalk which brought tourists and it reminds me of the Notebook They were educated and beautiful people.
    Anyhoo for some reason people (women) began committing suicide there. Its kind of weird. From what I read they were mostly all jilted lovers. They threw themselves off various parts of the island, the cliffs and the hotel. Infact Hotel Del Coronado is famous for being haunted by Kate Morgan who shot herself on the main steps of the Hotel when her husband never showed up to meet her there

Hotel Coronado

Kate Morgan

My mom has taken me there since I was little and its like heaven to me. One time we were walking down where Spreckles mansion is and one of the houses had a white pickett fence with an apple pie cooling on the windowsill. I was like "what?! shit like this exists?!"

...as you can tell im kind of obsessed....

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/a...cause-of-death

UPDATE, 1:10 PM: ABC News contacted the victim's sister, Mary Zahau-Loehner, in St. Joseph, Mo., who said she talked to Rebecca Zahau late Tuesday, just as she was going to bed and hours before she was found dead. Zahau-Loehner told the network her sister sounded “normal, fine.”
    ABC News also found that the victim had legally returned to her maiden name, Zahau, and had dropped the surname Nalepa, two months ago. Local authorities had initially identified her by her married name. She was divorced.

The autopsy on the woman who was found dead Wednesday in Spreckels mansion is complete, but Sheriffs investigators will not release results until further lab and forensic examinations are conducted, officials said Friday.

Rebecca Nalepa, 32, the girlfriend of Spreckels homeowner Jonah Shacknai, was found hanging from a second floor balcony of the oceanfront mansion. She was nude with her hands bound behind her back.

Shacknai's brother, Adam, found her and summoned police, who called in a San Diego Sheriffs homicide unit to investigate the case.
    In a news release, the Sheriffs department said autopsy records, requests for search warrants and 911 recordings will be withheld during the investigation. The Sheriffs homicide unit is currently trying to interview the victim’s family.

Two days after her death little information has come to light about Nalepa outside of the grisly details of her death.

She is known to have been married, and was apparently in a settled relationship with Jonah Shacknai. She was shaken by recent events in her home, said a San Diego kennel owner who spoke with her on the Spreckels property Tuesday, less than 24 hours before she died.

Jonah Shacknai's 6-year-old son fell down a staircase in the mansion and was found without a pulse Monday. Rescuers revived him, and as of Thursday, the boy remained in San Diego's Rady Children's Hospital.

Photos of Nalepa aired by local broadcasters show a slim young woman smiling into the camera or posing with friends. No one has spoken of her interests, education, where she grew up or of her closest kin. Public records indicate she used to live in Phoenix.
    Most of the focus has been on her boyfriend, a wealthy entrepreneur and lawyer who once served as an aide to a Congressional committee. He splits time between Coronado and Scottsdale, Ariz., where his company, Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp., is based.

Reached at her home in Spring, TX., Phyllis Manno would not comment Friday. The Arizona Republic identified Manno as the victim's aunt.

“The family has nothing to say at this time,” Manno said.

It's awesome how millionaires always snag chicks 20 years younger. Kudos to them. But possibly killing them because they possibly hurt your kid is not nice.

RIP Rebecca Zahau.

Thread Information