Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Baum (10) was found dead nine years after she was abducted

Lindsey Baum (10) was found dead nine years after she was abducted

This is my first time posting a missing person (i think), So i appologize if i am doing it wrong. I realize she has only been gone one day... But if she only had 4 blocks to go, and she was seen walking home... It seems a little more suspicious then a case of her just deciding to not go home for a night (Especially at 10 years old.)

McCLEARY, Wash. - A search is under way in the small town of McCleary for a 10-year-old girl who didn't make it home Friday night.

Lindsey J. Baum was last seen at roughly 9:15 p.m. on Maple Street. She was walking home from a friend's house, and the distance she had to go was only about four blocks.

Family, friends and police are all aiding in the search.

Family members are concerned because she has never run away from home.

"We're hoping that Lindsey's just somewhere out there and she's afraid she's in trouble, and Lindsey you're not in trouble - come home," said Melissa McCann, a friend."If anybody's seen her, send her home."

Courtesy Melissa Baum

A search is under way in the town of McCleary for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum.

Lindsey is described as 4-foot 9-inches tall and 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a grey pullover hoodie with blue jeans and black shoes.

McCleary Police say she doesn’t have a history of running away, and since there are less than 2,000 people in town, someone would recognize her if she were walking the streets.

Anyone with information should contact the police.
    http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_062709WAB-Mccleary-girl-missig-KS.11d86a7b.html

http://www.myspace.com/477760045 (Status: 'is happy that her brother is going to juvi tomorrow")

http://www.myspace.com/402470771

Re: Lindsey Baum (10) Didn't come home Friday night. Mccleary, Washington

FBI now investigating:

McCLEARY, Wash. - The FBI has been called in to help in the investigation into the disappearance of 10-year-old Lindsey Baum.

The McCleary girl was last seen Friday on Maple Street.

Michaela Campen is the last person known to have seen Lindsay. The girls were at Michaela's home around 9:30 Friday night, hoping Lindsay could sleep over.

"I told her you need to head home, it's getting dark soon, a half hour of light left.  She put on her shoes and headed home," said Kara Campen.

Lindsay was alone for that nearly half-mile walk.

Her mother called police shortly before 11:00 Friday night to report her missing.

"We're starting to think the worst because it has been two days now, with a small town if anybody knew anything they would have said something so there's a lot of despair," said family friend Melissa McCann.

Neither the family nor investigators believe 10-year-old Lindsay ran away.  They're checking ditches and byways, wondering if she fell victim to an accident, but ruling nothing out.

"The worst case scenario-she's the victim of foul play or some type of predator behavior," said Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott

Officers have contacted nearby registered sex offenders, revealing no clues.  Although there is no known evidence of a crime, the FBI has now joined multiple other agencies in the investigation.

The family says Lindsay argued with her older brother earlier in the day Friday and her parents recently divorced. But the family firmly believes neither was related to her disappearance.

Anyone with information is asked to call Grays Harbor E911 Center at 360-533-8765 or McCleary Police at 360-495-3107.
    http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_062809WAB-Mccleary-girl-missing-sun-SW.165195dd.html

She has two myspace pages but,this status update caught my eye.

"Lindsey Baum i've been getting a lot of nightmares latley and i have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen
    Mood: scared at 9:48 AM May 29"

another page: http://www.myspace.com/402470771

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

i am weird, but the first thing i thought of when i read this was Twin Peaks.
    only she's ten, not seventeen. and such.
    but now even her status message reminds me of Twin Peaks.
    god i am a dork

"Lindsey Baum i've been getting a lot of nightmares latley and i have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen

[quote author=Its Me De link=topic=20683.msg1319040#msg1319040 date=1246365924]

[/quote]

this one says last login was 6/28, so maybe not her?

McCLEARY, Wash. -- The disappearance of a 10-year-old girl from Grays Harbor County is looking more like a kidnapping than a runaway case.

A national expert helping in the search for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum says someone Lindsey knew might be responsible for her disappearance. Baum vanished while walking home from a friend’s house Friday around 9 p.m.

"Based on the information I have, it’s someone she possibly knows or is in the area, not outside the area," said Henry Schmidt, with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Schmidt, a retired sheriff from Wyoming, arrived in McCleary to assist with the search Sunday.

While police maintain Lindsey may have run away, for the first time officers are saying it's more likely she was kidnapped.

Schmidt said the majority of abducted children are taken by people they know.

Video

Air, land search under way for McCleary girl

Girl missing since Friday

Raw SkyKING video of search area

He said statistically, most abducted children are murdered within 24 hours. But, he said, that doesn’t make searchers give up hope.

“I’ve seen positive results," Schmidt said. "There’s proven cases out there of kids being found a couple of years later."

Police say more than ever they need the public's help. They say odds are someone unknowingly knows the person who's responsible and has noticed a recent change in behavior.

"A change in appearance, wanting to get rid of the family car for no explainable reason, perhaps deciding without discussion to suddenly leave the area for a period of time," Undersheriff Rick Scott said.

Courtesy Melissa Baum

Up until today, most of the searches occurred in the neighborhood where Lindsey was last seen, walking home from a friend's house. That's because most abducted children are found within a quarter mile of where they vanished. But experts worry time is working against them.

Lindsey's mom said she voluntarily took a polygraph test to assure police and people in town that she had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance.

"I want everyone to know she's missing and I have no idea where she is," Lindsey said.

Investigators say both Lindsey's mom and the father of the friend at the home where Lindsey had just left have both voluntarily taken - and passed - polygraph tests, and they are not considered suspects.

Lindsey is 4-foot-9, 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes, last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.
    http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_070109WAB-mccleary-KS.260ea8b9.html

ETA: New Article:

McCLEARY, Wash. - If a stranger kidnapped 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, her mother says the girl would have put up a fight.

“She has very long fingernails,” said Melissa Baum. “Her brother is proof enough of that.”

Melissa Baum’s daughter vanished while walking home from a friend’s house in McCleary last Friday night.

Detectives said it’s possible the girl ran away, but after almost six days, they said it’s more likely she was abducted, perhaps by someone she knew.

Melissa Baum said she’s confident her daughter did not run away.

“She’s a mommy’s girl, she couldn’t be away from me that long,” said Melissa Baum.

Lindsey’s mother also said her daughter is too smart to be tricked by a stranger to get in their car.

“I joke that she’s 10 going on 16,” said Melissa Baum.

Melissa Baum said her daughter loves to read and write. She was working on a play.

Lindsey also loved animals. Melissa said Lindsey’s pet German Shepherd Cadence has been acting depressed since Lindsey vanished.

“That dog was her pillow,” said Melissa Baum.

Grays Harbor County scaled back volunteer search and rescue efforts Thursday.

“We’re not ending it, we’re just temporarily suspending it,” said Undersheriff Rick Scott.

Scott said most of Thursday’s work was conducted by detectives following up on tips and interviewing potential witnesses.

Melissa Baum said all she can do is wait by the phone for a call from police or Lindsey.

Lindsey’s mother believes her daughter is still alive, but said that is getting harder to do.

"I don't know if they're taking care of her or if they have her locked up somewhere," said Melissa Baum."They just need to let her go, let her come home."

Scott also is urging people to report any unusual behavior that might point to an abductor, such as suddenly cutting or dyeing hair, an unexplained absence from work or cuts or bruises on the arms and face.

Lindsey is 4-foot-9, 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes, last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.

Investigators say both Lindsey's mom and the father of the friend at the home where Lindsey had just left have both voluntarily taken - and passed - polygraph tests, and they are not considered suspects.

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_070209WAB-mccleary-KS.67b0a9.html

http://newsflavor.com/world/usa-canada/vanished-lindsey-baum-disappears-just-minutes-from-her-home/

Police need leads quickly if the 10-year-old girl is to be found alive.

Mystery, Misery in a Small Town

McCleary is a small logging and agricultural community of 1,500 people in west central Washington state. Among the benefits frequently cited by small town residents is a low crime rate; the McCleary Police Department has only three officers, including the police chief.

Yet McCleary is now the locus of a national news story, a deeply troubling one. A young girl was walking home from a friend’s house when she simply vanished. The local police department is getting help from citizens, the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Department, the FBI and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Yet Lindsey Baum has now been missing for more than a week, and the hope for her safe return decreases with each passing day.

Oddly, Lindsey Baum had recently written in My Space that she had a feeling that something bad was about to happen. CNN.com/Nancy Grace, 7/3/09.
    Still no sign of little Lindsey. I thought the bolded part was odd. It gives me a ton of thoughts. I wonder what she wrote?
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

This is awful. I hope they find her soon.

The two myspaces are interesting. The one that is not private does not remind me of a 10 year old.

Tarren the line that Nancy Grace is referring to is on this myspace: http://www.myspace.com/477760045
    Read the status updates.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=20683.msg1323434#msg1323434 date=1246808396]

Still no sign of little Lindsey. I thought the bolded part was odd. It gives me a ton of thoughts. I wonder what she wrote?

[/quote]

*cough* *cough*

[quote author=Its Me De link=topic=20683.msg1319040#msg1319040 date=1246365924]
    She has two myspace pages but,this status update caught my eye.

[/quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Search for missing McCleary girl scaled back
    KOMO-TV STAFF

McCLEARY -- Lindsey Baum's 11th birthday came and went, but the girl has yet to come home.

Police hoped to find the missing girl by her special day - Tuesday - but they have not found any sign of her.

With little to go on, investigators said dozens of people have been taken off the search. Detectives are now waiting for a tip that will send them in the right direction.

At the height of the search, 75 members of the search and rescue team, as well as up to 35 officers and countless volunteers were scouring Grays Harbor County for the girl, who disappeared while walking home last month.

Their latest focus were the hills above an off-road vehicle park. Nothing was found.

Without solid tips, the county can't afford to keep the investigation moving at the same pace. The search and rescue team has been dismissed, and the number of officers have been reduced to 12.

But investigators say they're not giving up. They're waiting for the call that will break the case open.

"We're trying to keep her pictures and her face in the minds of as many people as possible, hoping that someone will see her or know something or it will jog their memory or provide the information we're desperately seeking," said Undersheriff Rick Scott.

The undersheriff says tips are trickling in, and none has led to evidence explaining Lindsay Baum's disappearance.

Scott, who spoke with the Baum family on Wednesday, said family members are convinced their little girl will be brought home safely.

On Monday the missing girl's father pleaded with the public to help find his little girl before he's deployed to Iraq.

"But please bring me my daughter home before I have to leave," he said.

Scott Baum is expected to fly out next week.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/407971_missing09.html

It must be an awful stress on the family having to deal with a missing daughter and on top of that the father leaving for Iraq. There should be some kind of way that he could stay a little longer.

How does a 10 year old have a MySpace?  Some psycho probably found her through there.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Still no signs... They set up two sites for her now :   www.lindseybaum.com and www.findlindseybaum.com

I find it kind of odd that they set up TWO sites for her. I don't understand why two sites would be better then one.

MCCLEARY, Wash. – They may live on different coasts, but the parents of a girl missing for 19 days reunited Thursday to send messages out to her.

“Whoever has her, please let her go,” said Scott Baum about his daughter, Lindsey.

"From the bottom of my heart, I feel like she's alive,” said Lindsey’s mom Melissa.

Lindsey, 11, was last seen June 26 walking home from a friend’s house in McCleary. No one has heard from her since.

She’s missed a birthday and the Fourth of July.

"I'd like to tell Lindsey that I'm praying for her. I'm wishing her a safe return to come home to us,” said Scott.

"For my daughter, I want her to know I love her more than anything in the world and I'm not giving up on her,” said Melissa.

Following days of searches and interviews, investigators say the few leads they’ve had have mostly dried up. Lindsey’s family is hoping for help.

"Please help us find our daughter. She’s out there somewhere. Somebody has seen something. Somebody has heard something. Somebody knows something,” said Melissa.

Lindsey’s father is in the Tennessee National Guard and is scheduled to deploy to Iraq, but the military is working to keep him in the country.

The family has set up two Web sites to help in the search, Lindseybaum.com and Findlindseybaum.com.
    http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_071509WAB-lindsey-baum-family-TP.43f9a323.html

::::shudder:::::

I got Susan Smith vibes.....   
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

just did a check for sex offenders and found this from the site: http://www.city-data.com/so/so-McCleary-Washington.html

Kuhn, Stacy Nickolas
    Address: 1xx Stillson Road
    Zip code: 98557
    Crime: Communicate W/minor For Immoral Purposes
    Sex: Male
    Date of birth: 1979-01-01
    Eye color: Brown
    Hair color: Brown
    Height: 5'7
    Weight: 200 lbs.
    Race: White

Check out where Stillson Road is located in comparison to Maple Street, where Lindsey was last seen.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q=elm%20street%20mccleary&um=1& amp;ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Looks like there is lots of tracks backing onto the properties on this street too. Might be worth trying to pull something up on this bloke. His vicinty to the place she was last seen is too damn close for comfort.

the map link is crap by the way, wrong one, sorry, I can't remove it.

But do go to google maps and put in stillson road, washington

Stacy Nickolas Kuhn myspace: http://www.myspace.com/475862301 (Hoss head 1979)

It is now deleted. Last log-in was 07/07/2009.

Yeah ... alarm bells definately ringing.

[quote author=trepid link=topic=20683.msg1344260#msg1344260 date=1248546012]
    Stacy Nickolas Kuhn myspace: http://www.myspace.com/475862301 (Hoss head 1979)

It is now deleted. Last log-in was 07/07/2009.

Yeah ... alarm bells definately ringing.
    [/quote]

Cached myspace.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:QBfJ-WxUM_AJ:www.myspace.com/475862301+http://www.myspace.com/475862301&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us &client=firefox-a

ooh ta andrea, nice one

Looks like scaredmonkeys forum has picked up on this Kuhn guy already too. I think his address might be 100 Stillson Road and I'm pretty sure it is acreage. He definately could of been using a route that intersects Maple Street though to get to his place ... I find the street location really significant because this case wreaks to me of it being someone local and living in that area.

Apparently, 111 Stillson Road just went on sale 3 days ago too, but I don't know if that person is in any way related to this Kuhn guy, but I just thought it possible and thus interesting. From some McCleary council documents, the guy who owns 111 Stillson Road's name is Larry Birrindelli. I think he also owns a business called Fairgrounds Storage.

[quote author=trepid link=topic=20683.msg1344284#msg1344284 date=1248548263]
    ooh ta andrea, nice one

Looks like scaredmonkeys forum has picked up on this Kuhn guy already too. I think his address might be 100 Stillson Road and I'm pretty sure it is acreage. He definately could of been using a route that intersects Maple Street though to get to his place ... I find the street location really significant because this case wreaks to me of it being someone local and living in that area.

Apparently, 111 Stillson Road just went on sale 3 days ago too, but I don't know if that person is in any way related to this Kuhn guy, but I just thought it possible and thus interesting. From some McCleary council documents, the guy who owns 111 Stillson Road's name is Larry Birrindelli. I think he also owns a business called Fairgrounds Storage.
    [/quote]

I don't think I have seen that many almost-naked women on one page before.  Did you see his comments section?   

I think we can assume the police have spoken with this man, right?  Please tell me yes? 

I'm really hoping they have ... I would think his status as a sex offender and the vicinity he is located to the abduction point would give the police reasonable circumstances to make some inquiries. At the very least, atleast it perhaps gives a possible area for people to search.

I'm particularly drawn to the bushland backing onto these properties. Is that a drain that passes through that property or a water way? It goes a fair way, stretches all the way through that thick wooded area. If it is a drain, there must be access tracks/service tracks or fire breaks or something that can be used to access that area and loop around back onto to a main road. It's hard to tell with maps.

I really don't feel good at about this one.  :-(

No new info... But here is an amber alert Youtube video for her...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLkiPZFnZCI

Be forwarned: Lot's of Jew-hating going on in the comments.

They're serving search warrants now, in hopes of finding some sign of Lindsey:

McCLEARY, Wash.  - The search for Lindsey Baum has intensified nearly three months after she disappeared.

Friday morning Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office investigators, along with FBI agents and members of the King County Sheriff's office, began serving search warrants in and around the McCleary area.

The warrants allow investigators a chance to thoroughly search private properties.

A Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office spokesperson said the search warrants were a result of their "continuing investigation."

"They [the serving of the search warrants] started this morning and will continue through the weekend," said Grays Harbor County Sgt. Steve Shumate.

Investigators would not say where the locations were or if anyone was specifically being investigated as a suspect in Baum's disappearance.

Approximately 50 searchers will be working through the weekend.

Detectives told KING-5 "credible information" led them to search several properties in and around McCleary.

"It's encouraging for our investigators to have something to work with," said Sgt. Shumate.

Lindsey, 10, vanished June 26 while walking home from a friend's house in McCleary.
    http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_092509WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-KS.1b5660aae.html

Wow. What do you say? I hope they find e, but I hope they don't  :-(

Article about a suspicious person being "targeted" in this case:

McCLEARY, Wash. - A McCleary family claims they're unfairly targeted and harassed by police officers connected to the case of missing Lindsey Baum.

Friday, a tearful mother and an angry father defended their son who was the subject of a search warrant at their rural McCleary home, related to the disappearance of 11-year-old Lindsey Baum.

Court documents released Friday relate why detectives believed the son could be Baum's kidnapper.

Witnesses told detectives that the man obsessed about Baum's disappearance and expressed his belief that a girl had been "dismembered."

Officers, however, found nothing to back that up.

According to court papers, witnesses also reportedly told officers they saw the man's car near where Baum disappeared on June 26 in McCleary.

A month later, officers pulled over the same man for following the mother of the missing girl around town.

While officers executed these search warrants last week, Melissa Baum continued to hope for a break in the case.

"There's hope. I know she's alive and she'll come home," she said.

According to court documents, the man also gave detectives several different stories about his whereabouts when Baum disappeared.

The man's parents told KING 5 that their son got confused because detectives interviewed him more than a month after Baum vanished. Therefore, he apparently could not remember many specific details that far back.

Court documents show detectives seized property from the man's home last weekend, including computers, paperwork, drug paraphernalia and a sex toy.

Detectives say they now have no suspect or person-of-interest, but they do have a lot of leads and a girl who seemingly vanished without a trace.

The affidavit for the search warrant also says that the man was a former suspect in the attempted rape of a child when he was 14, but he was not given a formal decision in the case.
    http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_100209WAB-mccleary-missing-KC.1dc17fa7d.html

:| :-(

:-(

Wonder if it is that Stacy Kuhn guy?

The family can whinge about being harassed all they want ... the fact of the matter is that this little girl is still missing and if their son hasn't done anything, than he hasn't got anything to hide and they have nothing to worry about it. Going by his track record, I would be disgusted if the police DIDN'T pursue that line of inquiry. Surely even they can see that. 

Besides, it IS kind of creepy his apparent obsession with the case, stalking the mother around town and talking about the girl being dismembered and such. WTF.  :|

Thread Information