Thread: Jeremy martin(23) arrested for improper use of 911 (over a Hamburger)

Jeremy martin(23) arrested for improper use of 911 (over a Hamburger)

Emergency dispatchers in Clackamas County say a man's repeated abuse of 9-1-1 could have put lives at risk.

He was eventually arrested for improper use of 9-1-1.

It happened early Friday morning outside the McDonalds at SE 82nd Ave. and Sunnyside Road. 

Apparently, three young men were unhappy with their burger order so they called 9-1-1 repeatedly tying up the lifesaving lines for nearly 20 minutes.

First responder Andrew Mickelson took the call. 

“I told him it was something he should take up with the manager because it wasn't something the police was going to get involved with,” said Mickelson.

Police released the 9-1-1 recordings. 

“I was at a McDonalds and I paid $10 and these guys gave me one burger and fries -- that’s it, man,” the caller said.

Mickelson responded, “Sir, this is not a 9-1-1 emergency; 9-1-1 is only for life and death situations.”

However, the man and two of his friends were so upset over the hamburger incident they continued to call 9-1-1 over and over again.

“You are telling me I can't get a cop right here at 82nd and Sunnyside road?  I will sue your [expletive] office right now,” screamed the caller. 

Mickelson said, “You are going to sue our office because you’re calling 9-1-1 and they didn't give you the correct food?” 

The caller responded in anger.  “You [expletive] send an officer right here right now because I got [expletive] cheated!”

Mickelson said 9-1-1 operators frequently get cursed at from callers who take out their frustrations on them, but usually it’s not over hamburgers. 

The three men made such a scene outside the drive-up window that other McDonald's customers started calling 9-1-1 fearing for the safety of restaurant employees.  Meanwhile, the upset men used a new tactic to get attention from dispatchers. 

The caller said, “Oh my God, the lady at McDonalds has a gun pointed at my head. Send a cop right now.” 

Mickelson asks, “Does she have a gun pointed at your head?”   

“Yup. You’re going to send me a cop,” demands the caller. 

“Yes, I'm going to send you a cop. What’s your name?” asks Mickelson. 

“My name is Jeremy Martin. Send me a cop right now!” the caller said.

There was no gun but there was a Jeremy Martin.

Martin, 23, was arrested for improper use of 9-1-1. His two friends fled the scene. Dispatchers say the abusive 9-1-1 calls could have easily put other lives at risk and it was all over a hamburger.

With Fourth of July fast approaching dispatchers warn everyone not to call 9-1-1 with noise complaints; police won't respond to them.

The 9-1-1 service is reserved for life and death emergencies only. Anything less can put lives at risk and, as Martin found out, put you in jail.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_062709_news_man_arrested_911_mcdonalds.12735cc 0.html

http://www.myspace.com/itsjeremymartin

He's not really in the same league as most the criminals on here... But when it come's to stupidity, No one can beat him.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Jeremy martin(23) arrested for improper use of 911 (over a Hamburger)

I will never understand these people. What would possess you to call 911 over a fuckin burger?
    And they actually have to tell people NOT to call for noise complaints? Unless the noise is gunfire, who the fuck calls 911 for a noise complaint!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I got a good laugh reading this one, thanks dumb ass.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=20682.msg1317179#msg1317179 date=1246154301]
    I will never understand these people. What would possess you to call 911 over a fuckin burger?
    And they actually have to tell people NOT to call for noise complaints? Unless the noise is gunfire, who the fuck calls 911 for a noise complaint!?!?!
    [/quote]

Yeah, I know... This is at LEAST the 3rd  time i have heard of someone calling 911 over a fast food place giving them the wrong thing, In the last 2 months.

It's becoming an epidemic. :lol:

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=20682.msg1317187#msg1317187 date=1246154939]
     Yeah, I know... This is at LEAST the 3rd  time i have heard of someone calling 911 over a fast food place giving them the wrong thing, In the last 2 months.

It's becoming an epidemic. :lol:
    [/quote]

It sure is becoming an epidemic WTH is wrong with people?

what an idiot. people like that shouldn't even have phones.
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

This guy is a total idiot, not only for abuse of 911 but when he lied about the gun and they asked his name, he actually gave it :lol: 
    How could you ever think you could sue the police for not responding to you wrong order at MacyD's :lol: I hope no one who actually needed help was effected by this moron.

I wanted to make fun of him on his pictures sooooo badly.  I talked myself out of it.

Moron is right.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

I still wanna know what happened that got him so mad. How did this place rip him off exactly? :?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=20682.msg1317433#msg1317433 date=1246204881]
    I still wanna know what happened that got him so mad. How did this place rip him off exactly? :?
    [/quote]

He paid ten dollars and only got one burger and fries?  I think?

Here is the 911 call from the McNugget Lady:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0feH-2SwZaI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699& color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0feH-2SwZaI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699& color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The fact that there were three people involved makes me think it was just a stupid, elaborate, and poorly planned prank call.

I see no problem here. If this becomes a epidemic than hire more 9-1-1 operators, with the economy as bad as it is, I'm sure it would be a awesome job sitting there listening to non-emergency calls HEY! It just came to me!
    We could call it " 8-1-1" ( not quite 9-1-1 but close....)

[quote author=hermajesty109 link=topic=20682.msg1317561#msg1317561 date=1246211345]
    I see no problem here. If this becomes a epidemic than hire more 9-1-1 operators, with the economy as bad as it is, I'm sure it would be a awesome job sitting there listening to non-emergency calls HEY! It just came to me!
    We could call it " 8-1-1" ( not quite 9-1-1 but close....)
    [/quote]
    You see no problem here? Clearly you've never called 911. 911 is already so overdialed in L.A that the past few times I've tried, I've just gotten dropped calls and they've had to return my phone call. So someone's mom has a heart attack and they can't get through to an emergency operator because the line is blocked by a retarded person.

I called 911 when my car was stolen.  The operator made me feel like a complete idiot.  She was like, "Ma'am, this line is for emergencies, only."  It was an emergency to meeeee!! 

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=20682.msg1317593#msg1317593 date=1246213451]
    I called 911 when my car was stolen.  The operator made me feel like a complete idiot.  She was like, "Ma'am, this line is for emergencies, only."  It was an emergency to meeeee!! 
    [/quote]
    The same thing happened to me, I was like well who do I call, since the cops don't answer?
    They were nice to me though.

Living in LA has got to have it's downfalls. I am sure, 911 access is limited, they need to put that in the vacation, and travel pamplet when your booking a vacation there! LOL

Video (audio) of the 911 call:

http://www.kgw.com/video/mostpopular-index.html?nvid=375467&shu=1

It sounds like he didnt get cheated, rather they told him to pull around and wait for the rest of his order as it wasn't ready... Which is pretty common during  peak hours.

Thread Information