Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Returned

The Returned

Has anyone been watching the new show on A&E, The Returned? I LOVE it! So glad they made a US version in English. I remember catching it on one of the movie channels a while back, and it looked good but I couldn't stand the subtitles (I am not a fan of subtitles....I'm trying to watch TV, not read!).

Also, I love that it comes on right after Bates Motel, which is another show I love. My 2 favs!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm watching! I like it!!

I'm watching it. Bates, too.

Last episode had me confused. Was dead girl's sister dead once too?

Can someone explain that out for this dummy?

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Count me out, haven't been able to watch the latest one yet, it's still in my DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I'm watching it. Bates, too.

Last episode had me confused. Was dead girl's sister dead once too?

Can someone explain that out for this dummy?
    No, she has never been dead. It seems like she is dying or something (I only saw parts of the last one, missed most of it). From what I got in the first episode, the sister was supposed to be on the bus that crashed and killed Camille, but didn't go because she "wasn't feeling well." So maybe by Camille coming back from the dead, that means her sister has to die, so she's slowing dying now...?

What I was confused by in the first episode, was when they flashed back to the day Camille was killed in the school bus crash. When she is leaving her house for the trip, she looks up and sees what I thought is her sister in the upstairs window...and then the sister has some dude come over and they have sex. But, the sister totally looks like Camille to me...but it's really her sister, right?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

More confused than ever, Nic.

She's in a morgue with her. And they say the bus went through her back. But she's alive and walking around now with the bus hole in her back.

And I have no idea what is happening any longer.

So is that why she all of a sudden started having that huge mark on her back? I guess I missed a lot when I missed the last episode! lol.

So the sister WAS on the bus??? They both were???

I think now I'm more confused than you...

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So is that why she all of a sudden started having that huge mark on her back? I guess I missed a lot when I missed the last episode! lol.

So the sister WAS on the bus??? They both were???

I think now I'm more confused than you...
    They are twin sisters. Only Camille was on the bus.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    They are twin sisters. Only Camille was on the bus.
    That's what I thought...but from Peace's post, I got that Camille's sister (I can't remember her name) was dead and walking around with a hole in her back from the bus...? Or did I not understand your post correctly, Peace?

I need to watch the last episode I missed! Anyone know if you can watch them online?

That's what I thought...but from Peace's post, I got that Camille's sister (I can't remember her name) was dead and walking around with a hole in her back from the bus...? Or did I not understand your post correctly, Peace?

I need to watch the last episode I missed! Anyone know if you can watch them online?
    Peace is confused. The spot on the sister's back started subtly and gradually got worse and worse. Camille was impaled in the same area, so basically the sister is dying because Camille is alive again.

It's all explained in the last episode. Idk if you can find it online, I DVR it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Peace is confused. The spot on the sister's back started subtly and gradually got worse and worse. Camille was impaled in the same area, so basically the sister is dying because Camille is alive again.

It's all explained in the last episode. Idk if you can find it online, I DVR it.
    Ok. That makes more sense. But WHY do they show Camille with her dead sister in the morgue stating "4 years ealier"? That is why I am so confuzzled.

I think they are trying to show that the girls are identical twins.......but the one twin actually doesn't look like her twin anymore because it has been 4 years.

Thank you! That's what I thought....the sister is dying because Camille came back from the dead.

Glad I'm not totally losing my mind...lol.

I could not watch the American version.

The French one was pretty brilliant. The American one did this weird thing where they tried to imitate what all the characters look like but they are totally off with the tone and the CW soundtrack annoys the fuck out of me.

The French one was well acted, looked gorgeous, paced really well and much less heavy-handed and blatant. I can't wait for the second season.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I think they are trying to show that the girls are identical twins.......but the one twin actually doesn't look like her twin anymore because it has been 4 years.
    OH! That makes sense....that's why when they showed the flashback from when Camille left for the trip, and her sister was in the house, I thought it was Camille and got super confused...

OH! That makes sense....that's why when they showed the flashback from when Camille left for the trip, and her sister was in the house, I thought it was Camille and got super confused...
    They should have gotten someone who resembled Camille more to play the twin sister. She looks nothing like her, and 4 years doesn't completely morph your face and all of your features, even if you are a preteen.

They should have gotten someone who resembled Camille more to play the twin sister. She looks nothing like her, and 4 years doesn't completely morph your face and all of your features, even if you are a preteen.
    The French version did a great job

omg do you guys even pay attention while watching? ok, well, i watched the french version so i understand everything that is happening. it's exactly the same. not sure why i'm even watching it. just bored, i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

The French version did a great job
    Yeah that is actually believable.

The thing I'm confused about is Simon was hit by a semi, how could he be intact and not have any visible injuries? And how could they (the returned) eat, when they were embalmed and had their organs removed? Maybe I'm putting to much thought into this.

Yeah that is actually believable.

The thing I'm confused about is Simon was hit by a semi, how could he be intact and not have any visible injuries? And how could they (the returned) eat, when they were embalmed and had their organs removed? Maybe I'm putting to much thought into this.
    I don't think much when Simon is on TV cuz guys with wavy hair make me giddy.

you are putting way too much thought into this

Yeah the first episode I was kind of bored until about the middle I thought it was just a total knockoff of resurrection but it's getting momentum pretty fast we will see how it goes. I'm glad they finally gave the story of the little boy and I'm tripping over the counceler right now... Say it ain't so!

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

They come back in the state they were in before death because this isn't about zombies, it's a mystery about why they came back, if they came back, who is really dead, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    Yeah the first episode I was kind of bored until about the middle I thought it was just a total knockoff of resurrection but it's getting momentum pretty fast we will see how it goes. I'm glad they finally gave the story of the little boy and I'm tripping over the counceler right now... Say it ain't so!
    Resurrection was a rip off of the French version of the returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    resurrection is a knock off of this (the french version, that is).

eta: i see this has been covered.

Thread Information