Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dad and girlfriend held after 7yr. old son dies of brutal beating on Fathers Day

Re: Dad and girlfriend held after 7yr. old son dies of brutal beating on Fathers

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=20617.msg1316223#msg1316223 date=1246042212]
    Ultimately it depends on how long certain organs went without oxygen. This boy is considered brain dead but his organs have continued to receive oxygen by the vent.  To be considered viable for transplantation the organs would have to be removed before the ventilator is discontinued. 

[/quote]

Yup... and donating organs to science DOES help many people and DOES save lives... it's just that the saving happens later after the doctors have done their studies.  I have planned to donate my organs for transplant, and then anything they can't use I want to donate to science.  My Mom has a hard time understanding that, I'm still trying to explain that my body isn't "me."

It's really awesome that his tragedy might help another family out there.

I hope this guy gets tortured to death in prison... slowly.

Rest in Peace, Nathanial.

Re: Dad and girlfriend held after 7yr. old son dies of brutal beating on Fathers Day

Dear Nathaniel

The court system failed you so hard.  Just because a blood test proved who your father was didn't mean that he loved you or cared about you.  He wanted to be "more than just a child support check".  Well now he doesn't have to worry about that.

Why did a judge think he could take you from the family who raised and cared about you and just send you off for two months to a virtual stranger?

I hope your death was not in vain and something changes so no other child has to encounter the hell you did on your last weeks on earth.  

RIP Nathaniel   You deserved so much more....
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Re: Dad and girlfriend held after 7yr. old son dies of brutal beating on Fathers Day

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=20617.msg1317161#msg1317161 date=1246152071]
    Dear Nathaniel

The court system failed you so hard.  Just because a blood test proved who your father was didn't mean that he loved you or cared about you.  He wanted to be "more than just a child support check".  Well now he doesn't have to worry about that.

Why did a judge think he could take you from the family who raised and cared about you and just send you off for two months to a virtual stranger?

I hope your death was not in vain and something changes so no other child has to encounter the hell you did on your last weeks on earth.  

RIP Nathaniel   You deserved so much more....
    [/quote]

That was beautiful Tinkerbelly.

This scares me all the time. I hope when I go to court my sons father doesnt press for visits(doubtful)

I dont understand how a court can do that to any child that doesnt really know the other parent. 2 months? Thats a life time for a child. You're right the court system did fail Nathaniel.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

[quote author=Wicket link=topic=20617.msg1315968#msg1315968 date=1246024058]
    They will help people either way, but it would be nice if they matched the organs that they could with children who needed them more immediately.

If you donate your organs to science does that mean they have no chance of transplantation? They just go to research?
    [/quote]

The organs have to be undamaged and deemed viable to transplant.  In the case of trauma, they are sometimes hesitant due to the unknown degree to which the organ(s) may have been damaged.  Many times, though, they do end up donating organs with no problems.
    Donating your body to science can mean many things...your remains could be used in medical schools, accident research, body farms....  I read "Stiff" by Mary Roach a few years back - very informative book on that subject.

Dear Nathaniel,

I too, am so sorry the court failed you.  Moreover, I'm sorry your own family failed you.  I'm sorry no one realized how beautiful you were, and that you were a gift to be loved and cherished.  Hopefully your donated organs will do wonderful things for others.  I'm sorry your mother's sperm donor didn't live up to the meaning of the word "father". 

Personally I don't understand why men don't step up and be the fathers that they should be...but then they'd have to be more than just a working penis..and let's face it...all some guys are is dick.  No brains, no heart, just dick.

RIP Nathaniel.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information