Thread: Telly Gankton(33) allegedly committed a murder while out on bond for murder

Telly Gankton(33) allegedly committed a murder while out on bond for murder

A magistrate court jailed murder suspect Telly Hankton, 33, without bond on Tuesday morning, after prosecutors argued that he committed a murder over the weekend while out on bond awaiting trial for another murder.

Hankton, dressed in an orange jumpsuit and handcuffed, spoke with his attorney Robert Glass after the brief appearance at Criminal District Court from behind a glass partition in a private room visible from the magistrate audience.

Hankton said goodbye to Glass by pushing both handcuffed fists against the partition, where Glass placed his fist on the other side.

Retired Judge Dennis Waldron, sitting on the magistrate bench today, granted the state's motion to hold Hankton until a hearing Friday over bonds for both homicide cases. Hankton is accused of shooting to death Darnell Stewart last May after running him over with a car.

Having posted a $1 million bond, cobbled together with property bonds and some cash, Hankton was free pending trial when police say he gunned down Jesse Reed just before midnight Saturday.

Judge Arthur Hunter will decide Friday whether Hankton remains jailed or is offered another dollar figure.

District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro wants Hankton to stay at Orleans Parish Prison until both trials are over.

In a motion filed today, Assistant District Attorney Seth Shute asked for "temporary detention" of Hankton until Friday's contradictory hearing over bond.

In the motion, Shute argued that Hankton is a drug dealer who is suspected in other New Orleans homicides, and that he killed Reed while out on bond for the Stewart homicide. Hankton also left the jurisdiction while out on bond and failed to appear at his arraignment in the Stewart case, prosecutors said.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2...rs_jailed.html

http://www.myspace.com/228468199

I don't get why murderers, rapists, etc. even get out on bail.

Re: Telly Gankton(33) allegedly committed a murder while out on bond for murder

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2...o_help_no.html

....When Jesse Reed turned up dead on a Central City sidewalk Saturday night, surrounded by 59 bullet casings, police said Hankton was the culprit......

Holy hell.

I smell a lawsuit coming...

If I were the family member of the second murder victim, I would be looking into why he was out on bond if he was charged with murder.

This was completely preventable and the courts failed us.  I hope he rots.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

OMG. This guy is a fuckin animal. :-o
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

The guy should never be allowed to see the light of day again. But you have to remember, innocent until proven guilty. It's unfair to railroad the system in this case. It was a terrible tragedy thats without a doubt, and no system is perfect but I like the one we got. That's my 2 cents.
    http://formspring.me/atm142 - To stare into the abyss is to invite the abyss to stare into you.

He shot at the guy 59 times?  What man needs 59 bullets to take him down?

Fuckin' psycho.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Thread Information