Thread: Lori Slesinski - missing since 10 June 2006

Olivia

Lori Slesinski - missing since 10 June 2006

http://www.myspace.com/52273957

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: June 10, 2006 from Auburn, Alabama
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Height and Weight: 5'7, 160 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance
    Slesinksi was last seen in Auburn, Alabama on June 10, 2006. Her mother reported her missing five days later, after she visited Slesinski's home in the Ridgewood Village Trailer Park and realized her daughter had been gone for some time and the dog had not been fed. At 4:41 a.m. on June 14, Slesinski’s blue 2005 Mazda Tribute with Alabama license plates numbered 94B6V was found abandoned and actively burning in the roadway on DeKalb Street off Opelika Road. She had just purchased the vehicle a short time before. Authorities have been unable to determine the cause of the blaze.

Slesinski's car was later sent to a forensics lab. The lab's results have not been released, but investigators stated there was no evidence that anyone was inside the vehicle when the firse started.

Slesinski has a bachelor's degree in psychology and criminology from Auburn University; she graduated in 2005. At the time of her disappearance, she was employed at the East Alabama Mental Health Center. One of her friends stated she was unhappy with her job and salary at the time of her disappearance. Slesinski maintained close contact with her family and friends prior to her disappearance, but none of them have heard from her since she went missing. She left behind her puppy, which is uncharacteristic of her. Slesinski's hobbies include walking, bicycle riding and other sports, movies and video games. She is believed to have been taken against her will. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Auburn Police Department
    334-501-3100

Re: Lori Slesinski - missing since 10 June 2006

When I first read this the thing that popped out at me was that she worked at mental health care facility.  I wonder if all patients who came in contact with Lori have been investigated.

http://www.myspace.com/lorislesinskimemorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Lm3uMFWjU

This was a comment left on the YT page:

2 girls victims of crime in Auburn Alabama both had their cars torched. I wonder if it is the same perpatrator.
    Саша VIIXIVMMIX

Bump to update & add photo (sadly there's not much to update)

http://m.wsfa.com/#!/newsDetail/16956528

SPECIAL REPORT: The search for Lori Ann Slesinski By Semone Doughton Updated: 02/17/2012 10:02 pm EST

The disappearance of Lori Ann Slesinski has been one of the most disturbing cases for the Auburn Police Department.

A missing person's case that is almost six years old.

"We were first made aware of the situation on Tuesday, June the 13th of 2006. Lori's mom came down and reported to us that she had not seen or heard from her for several days" says Auburn Assistant Police Chief Paul Register.

Register is all too familiar with this case.

He says when word about Slesinski's disappearance reached police, the investigation officially started.

"At that point we immediately began to seek out and talk with acquaintances of hers and friends that she did things with, and of course unable to locate her."

But what police did locate four days after Lori's disappearance was her 2005 Mazda Tribute burned to the frame off of Dekalb Street in Auburn.

"We did retrieve that vehicle, did and extensive examination of it, and not only us but we included the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences and did a lot of work with that and still maintain custody of that vehicle today". We still have it, says Register.

Once the fire was extinguished investigators stated there was no evidence that anyone was inside the car when the fire started.

Which took police back to square one.

Register says, "At this point we still do not know the whereabouts of Lori. That's something we desperately want to find out for the family."

And no one is dealing with the stress of this case more than Lori's mom Arlene Slesinski.

"Not knowing is a living hell," says Slesinski,

Slesinski also says, "I have no idea. Lori had no enemies at all. I hope she's still alive. I'll put it to you that way. As a parent you will always have hope."

Captain Tom Stoffer with the Auburn Police Department says,"Her mom is handling this as any mother would that has a missing child.

He says this kind of case can be very difficult for a family to endure.

"Having three children of my own I could not imagine what Mrs. Slesinski is going through, so we want to bring closure to that family and we're going to keep our nose to the grindstone until we get the answers that we need to bring closure to this case and give the answers to Mrs. Slesinski that we feel she deserves,"says Stoffer.

"I just feel in my heart that they are trying everything in this case, that they are working on,"says Lori's mom Arlene Slesinski.

According to police, it was out-of-character for Lori to just disappear without a trace and that's where the public comes in. If you have any information you can offer police regarding this disappearance, it would be of great help to them.

"There maybe someone who have information that could be that one piece of the puzzle that makes us unable to turn the corner in this case. We just urge anyone with information, how rival they may think it is just to contact us and let us be the judge of what is important and what is not,"says Register.

Although this case is approaching its sixth year, police do not consider it a cold case.

Register says "None of our cases actually are considered that way and once our case is assigned to an investigator it remains with that investigator until such time that a conclusion is reached with it."

When News Leader 9 asked if Lori may have simply ran away from home, police were not convinced.

"Her behavioral pattern, the fact that she had a job, the fact that she maintained close contact with her family with her friends, she had just purchased a vehicle she had a pet at home that she tended to regularly. All those things considered and the fact that all of that stuff ended at one time. Would lead us to believe that it maybe something more than just a missing person's case,"says Stoffer.

"She would never do that. She would never leave her little dog that she left. We were close. If there was something bothering her I'm sure she would have told me,"says Slesinski.

According to police, the last time Lori was ever seen again was a few days before she was reported missing.

"During our investigation we determined that the last time she was seen by family or friends was that Saturday evening June 10th,"says Register.

Even though an investigator has been actively working this case since day one, investigators desperately need your help.

"We've gotten the information out there in a variety of ways. So we're just doing everything we can to make the public aware of any situation and hope that the person who may know something and not understand the significance of it may come forward and give us that piece of information that can put us over the top,"says Register.

Lori Ann Slesinski vanished when she was 24 years old.

In 2006, she was described as having blonde hair, about 5-feet-7 inches tall and weighing around 160 pounds.

If you know anything about this missing person's case you are asked to call the Auburn Tip Line at 334-246-1391 or Crime stoppers at 1-888-522-7847.

If your information can help police close this case a reward will be offered. Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.

An arrest has been made and prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Derrill Ennis:
    https://www.wltz.com/2019/01/31/lee-...rd-ennis-case/
    Unfortunately this one does not have a happy ending

https://www.wtvm.com/2022/04/14/jury...-auburn-woman/

On day 10 of trial, an Auburn murder suspect has been found guilty on two capital murder charges.

Derrill Richard Ennis was arrested in 2018 for the murder of 24-year-old Lori Slesinski back in 2006.

Slesinski?s body has never been found, but her car was found burned on Dekalb street.

On April 14, Ennis was found guilty for first degree capital murder burglary and first degree capital murder kidnapping.

Ennis is sentenced to life in prison without parole.
    https://whnt.com/news/alabama-news/m...rved!%E2%80%9D

An Alabama family says the man convicted in the Capital Murder of Auburn University graduate Lori Ann Slesinski in 2006 also killed his mother and stepfather back in 1993 in north Montgomery.

Donna Furr, Angela Flowers, and Tina Sexton are the daughters of Eddie Flowers. The sisters waited to speak publicly about what Derrill Richard Ennis did as a 12-year-old until a verdict and sentencing were handed down in the Slesinski case. Now, the daughters are urging Alabama lawmakers to reconsider how juvenile murder cases are handled. They released the following statement to WRBL News 3:

?We would like to begin by sending our condolences to Lori Ann?s mom, family, and friends. We pray for you daily and hope today?s verdict will bring you some form of peace and closure. We want to thank the members of the Auburn Police Department, Lee County Sheriff Department, State Bureau of Investigation and its Cold Case Unit, US Marshalls, and all other agencies that were involved for the countless hours of work you put into this case. Without your hard work, Derrill Richard ?Rick? Ennis, would still be walking the streets living his life as if nothing happened with the potential to take other lives. In March 1993, our lives were forever changed at the hands of Rick Ennis. He brutally murdered our father, Eddie Flowers, and stepmother (his mother), Dolly Flowers. Ennis was 12 years old at the time of their murders and was put into the Juvenile Justice System. By Alabama law, you must be at least 14 years old to be tried as an adult. As a result of this law, Ennis was released from the juvenile system when he turned 21 years old, only serving less than 9 years behind bars. During his time as a juvenile, Ennis escaped twice, and no other charges were brought against him. Many people believe that children do not commit crimes such as murder, but we know that is not true. The violence that happens in this state and across this nation has no age limit. The courts shouldn?t be bound by a state law that says children less than 14 can?t be tried as adults. This case is living proof. If Ennis would have received the punishment he deserved when he murdered 2 people at 12 years old, Lori Ann wouldn?t have lost her life at the hands of this evil person. The State of Alabama must change their laws! We have missed our daddy for 29 long years. He hasn?t been there for graduations, marriages, grandchildren and great grandchildren being born and the joy of watching them grow, loving and spoiling them, fishing trips, holidays, family gatherings, and the list could go on. So, today when Rick Ennis was found guilty on the charges of Capital Murder Burglary and Capital Murder Kidnapping and sentenced to Life Without the Possibility of Parole, our family could breathe a sigh of relief and know that justice has finally been served!?

Have they not said if the suspect and victim were connected in any way, or was this random?

That is so crazy he killed his parents and only got 9 years!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    He clearly is pure evil considering he murdered his parents when he was 12-years-old. It makes me wonder how many more victims he has.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Have they not said if the suspect and victim were connected in any way, or was this random?

That is so crazy he killed his parents and only got 9 years!
    I found this from Oxygen:

Officials say Ennis murdered Slesinski, with whom he’d become obsessed, after she turned down his romantic advances.
    https://www.oxygen.com/crime-news/de...ki-murder-2006

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    It's a story as old as time
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Ugh, that is awful.

Good find!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information