Thread: Autopsy reveals organs missing and body stuffed with bed sheets

the color nine

Autopsy reveals organs missing and body stuffed with bed sheets

Autopsy Reveals Organs Gone; Body Stuffed With Bed Sheets
    A Mississippi man is exhumed and autopsy reveals his organs stolen and he's stuffed with bed sheets

Stephanie Scurlock

10:39 PM CDT, May 4, 2009
    FAST FACTS:

Body of Frank Alexander exhumed for 2nd autopsy

WREG News Channel 3 tracks path of body

(Memphis 05/04/2009) - A family's quest to go beyond the grave for answers leads to an even bigger mystery. It's been a year and a half since 58 year old Frank Alexander died of what officials said was heart failure. However, his family and detectives still have questions about what happened to him. They exhumed his body in hopes of finding answers but what they found shocked them and detectives working on the case. His body organs were missing and he was stuffed with bed sheets.

"We are far away from closure. It's just getting worse instead of better," said Robert Alexander, brother of the deceased.

Robert Alexander paid to have his brother's body exhumed and autopsied again because he believed Frank had been poisoned by his girlfriend who he'd met just months before. Records show somebody was spending his money after he died. The brother wasn't prepared for what the autopsy revealed.

"They had bed sheets stuffed inside a plastic bag, stuffed inside of his cavity wall," said Alexander.

The second autopsy revealed his brother's organs were missing and his body stuff with bed sheets.

Alexander added, "We weren't able to come up with enough evidence from the body because some of the major body organs had been removed from the body and were not available for the autopsy examination."

Who would remove the organs and why? We attempted to find the answer by following the path of Alexander's body. He died in his home in Red Banks, Ms where he lived with his girlfriend. Immediatedly after his death, she had his body transported to Harrison's Funeral Home, Orange Mound Chapel where she works. Bank records show two $5,000 payments were made from the deceased's bank account to Harrison's funeral home. Despite the body almost immediately being transferred to N.J. Ford and Sons Funeral Home once it arrived in Memphis. The body was transported to Jackson, MS for an autopsy. Dr. Steven Hayne performed the autopsy. He also performed the second one after Alexander was exhumed. It is Hayne who documented that organs were missing and the body stuffed with bed sheets.

Ford funeral home operators and Harrison's Orange Mound Funeral Home say they had no idea Alexander's organs were missing until we told them. They say there would be no reason to remove them.

We called Robert Gribble, TN Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers, he said it would be unethical for any funeral home to remove organs.

He said, "Have you interviewed the medical, pathologist that did the autopsy?"

Gribble added,"That's who I would be talking to, to make sure there were no organs there."

Our phone calls to Dr. Steven Hayne, the pathologist who performed both autopsies, were not returned. However, we discovered a move to revoke Hayne's license to practice medicine in Mississippi. Hayne has been under scrutiny from the Innocence Project after two of their clients murder convictions were overturned. In those cases, Innocence Project co-director Peter Neufeld said Haynes had "questionable practices" and for 20 years Mississippi death investigations have been tainted by his "misconduct and shoddy work".

"I told you I had run out of tears the last time I talked to you. After I found this out, I had to shed some more tears. Why and who? Who's responsible for taking his organs out," said Alexander.

The growing mystery is also frustrating detectives.

"We were hoping we could at least find something that could give some closure to the family. That's our main objective was to give closure to the family," said McMillen.

But instead of the mystery ending, it broadens.

Alexander said, "Lies have been told. And, we want the truth. We want some satisfaction and so far we haven't got any".

After News Channel 3 started asking questions, an agent with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is now looking into the case. He says he will collaborate with the Marshall County Sheriff's Office to see where the case goes from here.

It's important to point out a lot of questions remain. The girlfriend has not been charged. She declined our request for an interview.
    http://www.wreg.com/wreg-stolen-organs-story,0,6946774.story

update
    (Memphis 6/3/2009) - Claudette Eldridge remembers the first time she met 58 year old Frank Alexander in February 2007.

Soon after, they bought a home and were to marry in August of that year.

But Frank Alexander died two days before the wedding.

"I heard something like a big boom. I ran back and saw the shower curtain hanging out partially in the bedroom. He was wrapped in the shower curtain."

Alexander had collapsed. His brother Robert would later tell News Channel 3 he had questioned Frank's death from the start.

Claudette says she has no idea what happened to the organs.

"No one here did anything to this man at Harrison's funeral home to try to cover up a murder." says Claudette.

In court documents, Claudette has been accused of forging checks and using Frank Alexander's credit card.

She has never been charged and denies doing anything wrong.

She raises her own questions about Robert Alexander.

"He can't believe his brother died and didn't leave him anything. That's the whole purpose." says Claudette.

Now the story is all over the internet and has taken on a life of its own.

"People are calling and saying if we end up getting anything in the courts, they are gonna kill me and my son." says Claudette.
    http://www.wreg.com/wreg-woman-speaks-about-dead-fiance-story,0,7761258.story

Re: Autopsy reveals organs missing and body stuffed with bed sheets

Holy Crap.

The medical examiner who is under investigation is the key to this.

Either the girlfriend paid the pathologist off to get a natural death on the certificate, or the pathologist sold the organs for extra cash... maybe both.  Medial schools still use these organs, do they not? I am sure they require forms and whatnot to determine that the organs were truly donated, but sometimes people don't do the checking they should.

This is a huge mess.  Both the girlfriend and the pathologist are bright red flags here.

Rest in Peace Frank Alexander.

the color nine

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=20562.msg1311129#msg1311129 date=1245532870]
    Holy Crap.

The medical examiner who is under investigation is the key to this.

Either the girlfriend paid the pathologist off to get a natural death on the certificate, or the pathologist sold the organs for extra cash... maybe both.  Medial schools still use these organs, do they not? I am sure they require forms and whatnot to determine that the organs were truly donated, but sometimes people don't do the checking they should.

This is a huge mess.  Both the girlfriend and the pathologist are bright red flags here.

Rest in Peace Frank Alexander.
    [/quote]

I feel for his brother.  He knew something wasn't up and pushed for another autopsy and tada, bedsheets.  Now she has the nerve to say it's all about the money.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=20562.msg1311326#msg1311326 date=1245548420]

I feel for his brother.  He knew something wasn't up and pushed for another autopsy and tada, bedsheets.  Now she has the nerve to say it's all about the money.
    [/quote]

There has got to be a way to find out of this so-called girlfriend paid the pathologist off.  If he has been investigated for his practices before up to the point that they wanted to revoke his license there is a good possibility that he was in on it the whole time.  He was probably nervous as hell when he found out they were exhuming him for a second autopsy.  Was he lying when he said he found the sheets in the body, or did he quickly dispose of the organs that would point to the fact that his first autopsy was wrong and claim the sheets were found in the body?  There are usually 2 people in the room during autopsies, right?  One person to do the actual work, and the other to document and assist when needed?  Someone else would have had to been in on it if that is the case.

This is really bizarre, I am surprised I haven't seen this on television.

I feel for the brother, too.  This girlfriend lady sounds like bad news.

the color nine

This here should have been enough to investigate

Immediately after his death, she had his body transported to Harrison's Funeral Home, Orange Mound Chapel where she works.
    Bank records show two $5,000 payments were made from the deceased's bank account to Harrison's funeral home. Despite the body almost immediately being transferred to N.J. Ford and Sons Funeral Home once it arrived in Memphis.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=20562.msg1311632#msg1311632 date=1245604511]
    This here should have been enough to investigate

Immediately after his death, she had his body transported to Harrison's Funeral Home, Orange Mound Chapel where she works.
    Bank records show two $5,000 payments were made from the deceased's bank account to Harrison's funeral home. Despite the body almost immediately being transferred to N.J. Ford and Sons Funeral Home once it arrived in Memphis.
    [/quote]

Ooooh, she works at the funeral home?  Holy crap.

Yep, they are in cahoots.  No question.

the color nine

So if you are planning on offing someone move there because it seems they need a unusual amount of evidence to convict.

Ugh, any time I see the Ford Funeral homes involved in something my stomach turns.  The Ford family runs it, they are also politicians in the Memphis area, the oldest, is currently in federal prison for taking kick backs, his wife just got out of prison as well, except she was arrested for drunk driving her car into his mistresses house while her and her kids were inside, oh and then driving drunk and crashing into a 16 year old and then proceeding to beat the crap out of her when she got out of the car, amongst other things.  Mr. Ford has 90392032 children and oddly enough was always there when I would go to court for my ex's child support.  Such a cozy feeling sitting next to your state senator in child support court.

Anyways, long story short, it wouldn't surprise me if there are a ton of dead bodies in Memphis stuffed with bed sheets and garbage so their organs could be sold.

[quote author=jnicole link=topic=20562.msg1311794#msg1311794 date=1245618501]
    Ugh, any time I see the Ford Funeral homes involved in something my stomach turns.  The Ford family runs it, they are also politicians in the Memphis area, the oldest, is currently in federal prison for taking kick backs, his wife just got out of prison as well, except she was arrested for drunk driving her car into his mistresses house while her and her kids were inside, oh and then driving drunk and crashing into a 16 year old and then proceeding to beat the crap out of her when she got out of the car, amongst other things.  Mr. Ford has 90392032 children and oddly enough was always there when I would go to court for my ex's child support.  Such a cozy feeling sitting next to your state senator in child support court.

Anyways, long story short, it wouldn't surprise me if there are a ton of dead bodies in Memphis stuffed with bed sheets and garbage so their organs could be sold.
    [/quote]

This disgusts me.

I know that when I am dead I won't give a flying rat's ass what happens to my organs (I plan on donating anything they can use), but to do this to people who are not okay with it is more than outrageous. A body is a personal thing... THE most personal thing... and this is just evil IMO.

It's like that crematory... forget the name and location... the furnace broke down so they just threw the bodies in the forest and packaged up old ashes from the fire and gave that to the grieving families.  When investigators found out about the bodies in the forest and asked the guy about it he acted like it was no big deal.  It's crazy.

The Ford Funeral homes sound like they lack the respect they should have to be in this business.  They sound like crooks.

A blog I found about Frank Alexander. 

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=164878 431&blogId=487727814

May 7, 2009 - Thursday

mans second autopsey reveals organs missing body stuffed with bedsheets

Good morning everyone, today I have strange story for you of a poor man who's dead body had his organs stolen and was stuffed with bedsheets to hide the fact. It could be another organ snatching ring has popped up but no one is sure, of course it would have helped if they had found this little fact out during his first autopsey!

__________________________________________________ _______________

Body of Frank Alexander exhumed for 2nd autopsy

WREG News Channel 3 tracks path of body

(Memphis 05/04/2009) - A family's quest to go beyond the grave for answers leads to an even bigger mystery. It's been a year and a half since 58 year old Frank Alexander died of what officials said was heart failure. However, his family and detectives still have questions about what happened to him. They exhumed his body in hopes of finding answers but what they found shocked them and detectives working on the case. His body organs were missing and he was stuffed with bed sheets.

"We are far away from closure. It's just getting worse instead of better," said Robert Alexander, brother of the deceased.

Robert Alexander paid to have his brother's body exhumed and autopsied again because he believed Frank had been poisoned by his girlfriend who he'd met just months before. Records show somebody was spending his money after he died. The brother wasn't prepared for what the autopsy revealed.

"They had bed sheets stuffed inside a plastic bag, stuffed inside of his cavity wall," said Alexander.

The second autopsy revealed his brother's organs were missing and his body stuff with bed sheets.

Alexander added, "We weren't able to come up with enough evidence from the body because some of the major body organs had been removed from the body and were not available for the autopsy examination."

Who would remove the organs and why? We attempted to find the answer by following the path of Alexander's body. He died in his home in Red Banks, Ms where he lived with his girlfriend. Immediatedly after his death, she had his body transported to Harrison's Funeral Home, Orange Mound Chapel where she works. Bank records show two $5,000 payments were made from the deceased's bank account to Harrison's funeral home. Despite the body almost immediately being transferred to N.J. Ford and Sons Funeral Home once it arrived in Memphis. The body was transported to Jackson, MS for an autopsy. Dr. Steven Hayne performed the autopsy. He also performed the second one after Alexander was exhumed. It is Hayne who documented that organs were missing and the body stuffed with bed sheets.

Ford funeral home operators and Harrison's Orange Mound Funeral Home say they had no idea Alexander's organs were missing until we told them. They say there would be no reason to remove them.

We called Robert Gribble, TN Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers, he said it would be unethical for any funeral home to remove organs.

He said, "Have you interviewed the medical, pathologist that did the autopsy?"

Gribble added,"That's who I would be talking to, to make sure there were no organs there."

Our phone calls to Dr. Steven Hayne, the pathologist who performed both autopsies, were not returned. However, we discovered a move to revoke Hayne's license to practice medicine in Mississippi. Hayne has been under scrutiny from the Innocence Project after two of their clients murder convictions were overturned. In those cases, Innocence Project co-director Peter Neufeld said Haynes had "questionable practices" and for 20 years Mississippi death investigations have been tainted by his "misconduct and shoddy work".

"I told you I had run out of tears the last time I talked to you. After I found this out, I had to shed some more tears. Why and who? Who's responsible for taking his organs out," said Alexander.

The growing mystery is also frustrating detectives.

"We were hoping we could at least find something that could give some closure to the family. That's our main objective was to give closure to the family," said McMillen.

But instead of the mystery ending, it broadens.

Alexander said, "Lies have been told. And, we want the truth. We want some satisfaction and so far we haven't got any".

After News Channel 3 started asking questions, an agent with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is now looking into the case. He says he will collaborate with the Marshall County Sheriff's Office to see where the case goes from here.

It's important to point out a lot of questions remain. The girlfriend has not been charged. She declined our request for an interview.
    7:34 AM

Is it right (or legal) to desecrate a body in any way? NO. However, I wish that families of the deceased could understand that IT'S JUST A BODY!! THE SOUL HAS MOVED ON!!! YOUR LOVED ONE HAS NOT ACTUALLY BEEN HURT IN ANY WAY.

Posted by Transformer * More Than Meets The Eye on May 7, 2009 - Thursday - 8:06 AM
    [Reply to this]
    Lost and Found Ohio
    Marty Myers

Possibly so but our mourning rituals and our reverance for what they leave behind, including their body is hurt by such acts of desecration. Just as a funeral is mostly for the living so too is a grave. I sincerely hope that whoever did this is caught and punished to bring some relief to the family hurt by these actions.

Posted by Lost and Found Ohio on May 7, 2009 - Thursday - 9:15 AM
    [Reply to this]
    Donna

Ughhhh people are horrible

Posted by Donna on May 7, 2009 - Thursday - 8:53 AM
    [Reply to this]
    ☼ Karen

My god that's disturbing! I hope find whoever did this soon.

Posted by ☼ Karen on May 7, 2009 - Thursday - 10:06 AM
    [Reply to this]
    [Ceme]-Terry Photographer
    Terry myers

To "Transformer:" Although that is true, the physical body is just the husk of the person the fact here is that w/ the organs missing the proper tests CAN NOT be conducted to conclude if the gentleman was indeed poisoned and not had died from natural causes. So the missing organs, in this case, are a HUGE factor in possible wrong doing, murder. So the 'body' and now the family have been hurt by this heinous act.

Posted by [Ceme]-Terry Photographer on May 7, 2009 - Thursday - 1:56 PM
    [Reply to this]
    Tink

that's...interesting.

Posted by Tink on May 7, 2009 - Thursday - 5:00 PM
    [Reply to this]
    MSSPI
    Mississippi Society Paranormal Investigators

Wow I live 50 minutes from Memphis and watch Channel 3 everyday. How did I miss this? I know its just a shell after we move on but come on that is just wrong.

Posted by MSSPI on May 7, 2009 - Thursday - 7:58 PM
    [Reply to this]
    Michiana Ghost Seekers
    Michiana Ghost Seekers

Yes , while it is just a body it can not be said that the deceased was not harmed in any way. The mere fact that bodily organs were stolen constitutes disrespect , which ,if you believe in this theory, the soul can not rest .A severe act of disrespect before,during,or just after death has been thought to disrupt the spirit of the individual and they can not rest until the wrong has been righted. The man has been harmed in the worst way possible , according to some.

Posted by Michiana Ghost Seekers on May 7, 2009 - Thursday - 10:57 PM
    [Reply to this]
    Jeane – Memorial photographer, Author & Psychic

I read about that, it's really shocking.

Posted by Jeane – Memorial photographer, Author & Psychic on May 8, 2009 - Friday - 8:32 AM
    [Reply to this]
    Kay
    Kay Inman

Wow, how gruesome!!!! Thats aweful.

If the brother is right and the man was poisoned, they can't have resold the organs after they removed them because they would be tainted and just kill more people. They are probably in a landfill somewhere, or meat pie. 

[quote author=AlexaC link=topic=20562.msg1313213#msg1313213 date=1245779158]
    If the brother is right and the man was poisoned, they can't have resold the organs after they removed them because they would be tainted and just kill more people. They are probably in a landfill somewhere, or meat pie. 
    [/quote]
    1.  :2eyesbleed:
    3. Do you think that they put these organs back in people? The 'sold organs' are for research... NOT the same as being an Organ Donor...
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

[quote author=okac link=topic=20562.msg1313248#msg1313248 date=1245780624]
    1.  :2eyesbleed:
    3. Do you think that they put these organs back in people? The 'sold organs' are for research... NOT the same as being an Organ Donor...
    [/quote]

Exactly.

Medical schools use these organs to teach.  They could even say, "See this heart?  This gentleman was poisoned.  This is what the characteristics of a heart subjected to certain chemicals looks like."

That was just an example of course... I don't know what chemicals she could have used to poison him, or if it would have damaged his heart... 

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar

These separate cases that I have heard about was:
    1) South Florida Medical Examiner was dsiciplined for removing Pituitary Glands for a private drug company.
    2) South Florida Medical Examiner's Office had a policy of not returning viscera with the body, but incinerating them.
    3) A US funeral home would place the embalmed viscera (from autopsied cases) in container at the foot end of the casket. Saving time re:treating the viscera properly and placing in the cavity is time consuming.
    4) A US funeral home that owned a crematory would cremate all viscera, thus never returning them back to the deceased.
    5) NY/NJ funeral director harvesting organs. These harvestings were done in a hidden surgical room in the funeral home. This case also had connections with funeral homes in other states.

It's sad when nothing is sacred or treated with respect. And those of us who do the moral "right things" is lumped in with these assholes.

[quote author=Key West Digger link=topic=20562.msg1313480#msg1313480 date=1245798903]
    These separate cases that I have heard about was:
    1) South Florida Medical Examiner was dsiciplined for removing Pituitary Glands for a private drug company.
    2) South Florida Medical Examiner's Office had a policy of not returning viscera with the body, but incinerating them.
    3) A US funeral home would place the embalmed viscera (from autopsied cases) in container at the foot end of the casket. Saving time re:treating the viscera properly and placing in the cavity is time consuming.
    4) A US funeral home that owned a crematory would cremate all viscera, thus never returning them back to the deceased.
    5) NY/NJ funeral director harvesting organs. These harvestings were done in a hidden surgical room in the funeral home. This case also had connections with funeral homes in other states.

It's sad when nothing is sacred or treated with respect. And those of us who do the moral "right things" is lumped in with these assholes.

[/quote]

Thank you for the info KWDigger!!  I asked and you answered.

I always hope and pray that my loved ones (okay, okay and me too) are treated with dignity and respect when they/I have passed.  It is such a difficult time - who needs extra worries.

I wonder if this particular victims eyes were left....  can't they get drug/toxin info from the Aqueous humor??

I know aresenic would be in hair and fingernails (tooooo much true crime reading about Audrey Marie Hilley :lol: )
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=20562.msg1313592#msg1313592 date=1245804729]
    Thank you for the info KWDigger!!  I asked and you answered.

I always hope and pray that my loved ones (okay, okay and me too) are treated with dignity and respect when they/I have passed.  It is such a difficult time - who needs extra worries.

I wonder if this particular victims eyes were left....  can't they get drug/toxin info from the Aqueous humor??
    I know aresenic would be in hair and fingernails (tooooo much true crime reading about Audrey Marie Hilley :lol: )
    [/quote]They can, but it's residual. In layman terms, we all come in contact with various drugs & toxins every day. A good example is back in the day cocaine was "snorted" by using rolled dollar bills. Now this bill is used at a local supermarket and traces of cocaine is passed on to the employees and then to the customer. I am a Certified Eye Enucleator for the Florida Lions Eye Bank/Bascom Eye Institute/South Florida Eye Institute for 28 years. I'm trained in both "Sterile Technique" and "General Procedures". The only tissure that is recoverable & reusable is the cornea. And all my encleations lately are general procedures, meaning for research only. My understanding of the new protocol is that all "organ donations" (those that are for actual transplant) 3) must be done within several hours, 2) by a licensed doctor and 1) meet all medical scenings (spl?) by the hospital & doctor (i.e. age, previous conditions , etc).
    Remember that viruses are a totally are different subject!

Thread Information