Page 593 of 608 FirstFirst ... 93 493 543 583 591 592 593 594 595 603 ... LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,825 of 15177

Thread: New members, introduce yourselves here...

Hi!
    As many ppl have said- I'm a lurker. I found this site when I was looking for info on Julie Mott. It's a bizarre & sad story that I hope will soon be resolved. And after I read that whole thread, I started dropping by here & reading other threads...

Sort of intro'd myself a few weeks ago in a weird place so - Hi! I'm Kendall, 25 from Australia. Long time lurker, first time signing up! I like cats, crime and coffee.

I don't know if I can pick favourites, but currently I find the Kegan Cochrane case particularly interesting (I was an only child with the internet - so I like ones with an online trail).

A few others I've always found exceedingly interesting; Darlie Routier (just the odd inconsistencies etc), Heaven's Gate, Ivan Milat/Katherine Knight (local to me), and any youngin's generally grab me because it's extra sad/they tend to have an online presence and as such, you get a lot more details (for instance, Skylar Neese, Conrad Roy etc).

So I guess you can see why I've always been a fan here! I'd also like to say how well everyone handles the angry lurkers who register just to yell - I've always found you guys to be very patient with angry family etc, so well done.

Anyway, I'm at work, so hello and goodbye.. for 5 minutes :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    Hi!
    As many ppl have said- I'm a lurker. I found this site when I was looking for info on Julie Mott. It's a bizarre & sad story that I hope will soon be resolved. And after I read that whole thread, I started dropping by here & reading other threads...
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Sort of intro'd myself a few weeks ago in a weird place so - Hi! I'm Kendall, 25 from Australia. Long time lurker, first time signing up! I like cats, crime and coffee.

I don't know if I can pick favourites, but currently I find the Kegan Cochrane case particularly interesting (I was an only child with the internet - so I like ones with an online trail).

A few others I've always found exceedingly interesting; Darlie Routier (just the odd inconsistencies etc), Heaven's Gate, Ivan Milat/Katherine Knight (local to me), and any youngin's generally grab me because it's extra sad/they tend to have an online presence and as such, you get a lot more details (for instance, Skylar Neese, Conrad Roy etc).

So I guess you can see why I've always been a fan here! I'd also like to say how well everyone handles the angry lurkers who register just to yell - I've always found you guys to be very patient with angry family etc, so well done.

Anyway, I'm at work, so hello and goodbye.. for 5 minutes :)
    Welcome new members!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thank you Angiebla!

Welcome welcome!!!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thanks all for the lovely welcome!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for a while and thought I'd sign up. I found MDS when I was looking for more info on Gene Sprague from the film The Bridge.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Welcome, Eire.

Hello everyone..I am new here. I have an obsession with learning about psychopaths and sociopaths & what drives people to commit murder. If you ever saw me in person, you would never know that I am intrigued by the dark side, & love to listen to metal music. :) You can never judge a book by its cover. I am in my early 30's, and I am a pediatric nurse. I love reading all of y'all ' point of views on different cases. Definitely intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    Hello everyone..I am new here. I have an obsession with learning about psychopaths and sociopaths & what drives people to commit murder. If you ever saw me in person, you would never know that I am intrigued by the dark side, & love to listen to metal music. :) You can never judge a book by its cover. I am in my early 30's, and I am a pediatric nurse. I love reading all of y'all ' point of views on different cases. Definitely intrigued.
    Welcome! And I'm just like you, or I was in my 30s. Now, I'm no longer a closeted "dark side lover". Come to the dark side, sweetie darling

Welcome!

Welcome

You should read: The Psychopath Next door
    Last edited by Angiebla; 04-28-2016 at 07:21 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thank u! "The psychopath next door" sounds very exciting! :)

Thank u! "The psychopath next door" sounds very exciting! :)
    It is. I read another on regarding Psychopaths by Robert Hare...I can't think of the name of it though.

I will look into that one as well..I'm sure I can find it. Thanks so much for the info :)

Guess what I just found/noticed? My reputation thingy. With several comments from other members. Some of them are a month old. I vaguely remember reading something about members giving other members comments, or feedback, and the more positive feedback back you get, the closer you get to progressing from a newbie to... I guess a senior member?
    Something like that.
    Thing is- I am on my iPhone 99% of the time, and so I can't reply to more than one quote at a time, I can't use the emojis or the bold feature, and so maybe that's why I never saw these messages from other members until now?
    And I'm so sorry if I was being rude by not responding to them!
    I'm still not clear about how the reputation thingy works. I'm not sure if I'm even supposed to respond to those messages. And I'm not sure if I can leave messages of my own on other members' posts. Or how to do that.
    Ack.
    So please forgive me if I've been rude; it was unintentional.
    And now I'm off to search for more info on the reputation stuff-

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    Guess what I just found/noticed? My reputation thingy. With several comments from other members. Some of them are a month old. I vaguely remember reading something about members giving other members comments, or feedback, and the more positive feedback back you get, the closer you get to progressing from a newbie to... I guess a senior member?
    Something like that.
    Thing is- I am on my iPhone 99% of the time, and so I can't reply to more than one quote at a time, I can't use the emojis or the bold feature, and so maybe that's why I never saw these messages from other members until now?
    And I'm so sorry if I was being rude by not responding to them!
    I'm still not clear about how the reputation thingy works. I'm not sure if I'm even supposed to respond to those messages. And I'm not sure if I can leave messages of my own on other members' posts. Or how to do that.
    Ack.
    So please forgive me if I've been rude; it was unintentional.
    And now I'm off to search for more info on the reputation stuff-
    You don't have to respond to Rep unless you want to give rep back to that person. But if you don't, it's not rude.

I hate the mobile site, you should request the desktop version on your phone. Usually the phone will give you the option of mobile or desktop version. If you do that, it will let you multi quote etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    You don't have to respond to Rep unless you want to give rep back to that person. But if you don't, it's not rude.

I hate the mobile site, you should request the desktop version on your phone. Usually the phone will give you the option of mobile or desktop version. If you do that, it will let you multi quote etc.
    Thx Boston Babe! I really appreciate your feedback.

Hi everyone! I've been lurking the site for a bit & if it's not too creepy too say..I love it! Its a great site! Whoever thought this site up,Ty. Everytime I've read an obit or an article about someone passing I've wanted to know more about that person. This site does that & more by listing FB & MySpace accts,etc. Glad I found it!
    Btw,real quick..I've seen ppl commenting about 'bumping the thread' what does that mean & how do I not do that. :) I noticed it annoys some ppl,lol..which is never my intent. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    Hi everyone! I've been lurking the site for a bit & if it's not too creepy too say..I love it! Its a great site! Whoever thought this site up,Ty. Everytime I've read an obit or an article about someone passing I've wanted to know more about that person. This site does that & more by listing FB & MySpace accts,etc. Glad I found it!
    Btw,real quick..I've seen ppl commenting about 'bumping the thread' what does that mean & how do I not do that. :) I noticed it annoys some ppl,lol..which is never my intent. ��
    Hello and welcome to MDS!

Bumping a thread means commenting on a thread that hasn't been active in quite awhile. Unless of course there is important information to add to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    Btw,real quick..I've seen ppl commenting about 'bumping the thread' what does that mean & how do I not do that. :) I noticed it annoys some ppl,lol..which is never my intent. ��
    Hi Lily!

Bumping a thread is when you post in a thread that hasn't been posted in for awhile. It's okay to bump a thread if you have new/interesting info (hopefully supported with a link), but not just to say "omg this case is soooo sad :("

Ah,I see Ty so much for answering that.I've been wondering about that for awhile now. ��

Ty,so much. I appreciate that! ☺

Hi, been lurking for a while, from Adelaide, Australia. decided to just jump in and register. i love all things crime related, always have for as long as i can remember, i love to hear peoples opinions and theories on unsolved cases etc.

Quote Originally Posted by leahmaree View Post
    Hi, been lurking for a while, from Adelaide, Australia. decided to just jump in and register. i love all things crime related, always have for as long as i can remember, i love to hear peoples opinions and theories on unsolved cases etc.
    Welcome! Don't be afraid to dig in!

Thread Information