Thread: Mental health worker Kase Dilbeck(21) charged with statutory rape of a patient

Mental health worker Kase Dilbeck(21) charged with statutory rape of a patient

A former Mental Health worker for Parkridge Hospital has been charged with statutory rape.

According to a report provided by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Kase Christine Dilbeck from Dayton, Tenn. began working at Parkridge Valley Hospital (PVH) in Chattanooga on December 06, 2007 as a Mental Health Technician (MHT) in the Children's Unit. Soon after she was assigned to an Adolescents Unit due to a staff shortage.

The report says that in August of 2008 she began working third shift in an adolescent unit for long-term patients. The TBI reports says that Dilbeck met a minor minor victim in the unit. It said she became friends with the victim and in September 2008 she started having a sexual relationship with him.

The relationship was discovered when Dilbeck sent a photograph of her and the victim setting together at PVH via cellular telephone to a former patient. The photograph was shown to a staff member at PVH who reported it to the facility director. The director contacted the Tennessee Department of Children's Services who in turn contacted the TBI.

The case was presented to the Hamilton County Grand Jury on Tuesday, June 9, 2009 and she was indicted. Ms. Dilbeck was arrested on June 11, 2009 and released on a $5,000.00 dollar bond.

Late today Dr. Susan McGuire, Medical Director for the Child & Adolescent Services at Parkridge Valley issued this statement, "At Parkridge Valley Hospital, delivering the highest quality patient care in an environment that is safe and secure is our top priority. We set stringent standards of behavior for all staff and physicians, and complete a thorough background checks on all hospital applicants.

"When the hospital learned that our standards of behavior were being violated, we took swift and immediate action which included terminating the employment of the staff member involved. We reported the situation to the appropriate authorities and continue to cooperate fully with investigators."

Kase Dilbeck:

http://www.myspace.com/kcd820

Re: Mental health worker Kase Dilbeck(21) charged with statutory rape of a patient

Odd... I want to know how old the kid was.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Re: Mental health worker Kase Dilbeck(21) charged with statutory rape of a patient

The boy was 16 at the time of the incidents..

What the hell does "setting together" mean? Do they mean Sitting together???  The article is a poorly written.
    don't smite me for speaking my mind.

The picture of them was taken in the Sub-acute Adolescent group area. They were on one of the couches I believe.

[quote author=FloppyBitchTitties link=topic=20515.msg1310836#msg1310836 date=1245504336]
    What the hell does "setting together" mean? Do they mean Sitting together???  The article is a poorly written.
    [/quote]

I wanted to edit it too but I sometimes I feel bad for messin with other people's words...  :2smiley:

[quote author=youslayne link=topic=20515.msg1311351#msg1311351 date=1245551436]
    The picture of them was taken in the Sub-acute Adolescent group area. They were on one of the couches I believe.
    [/quote]

hmmmm how do you know so much?

If they boy was 16, and her being 21... ehhhh.

At 15-16 I knew quite a few 20+, maybe more than people my own age at the time. However, the difference would be that I knew them through social functions, not a hospital setting where you are there for care of some sort.

I would venture to ask what he was there for, mainly to understand if he was taken advantage of or if he was of sound mind.

Honestly, the only thing I see wrong with it is the fact that he was under her care and he was mentally unstable, otherwise it's a harmless crime. 16 is legal in most places anyway and the age-difference isn't that much. She should be fired and/or arrested for abusing her authority and taking advantage of a mentally ill patient, not for shagging a 16 y/o.

Here here 

I say it is a crime. This was a patient of a mental care facility. Regardless of age, it is and was wrong.

[quote author=socalj link=topic=20515.msg1313122#msg1313122 date=1245774221]
    I say it is a crime. This was a patient of a mental care facility. Regardless of age, it is and was wrong.
    [/quote]

I didn't dispute it being a crime, I said the crime should be based on abusing a mentally ill patient moreso than the age difference.

[quote author=Sanrio90 link=topic=20515.msg1313230#msg1313230 date=1245779870]
    I didn't dispute it being a crime, I said the crime should be based on abusing a mentally ill patient moreso than the age difference.
    [/quote]

Okay. Not arguing...so don't get mad  :2smiley:. Do you think if it was a guy that did it to a 16 year old girl, you would feel the same?

[quote author=socalj link=topic=20515.msg1313245#msg1313245 date=1245780542]
    Okay. Not arguing...so don't get mad  :2smiley:. Do you think if it was a guy that did it to a 16 year old girl, you would feel the same?
    [/quote]

Lol, I wasn't mad.  :-) Anyway, I would feel the same if the genders were reversed. I've known girls that age who've had successful relationships with guys in their early 20s. It depends on the people I guess.  My only problem is people who abuse their positions, like this lady or teachers.

Agreed. But this broad needs to get slapped.  :2grin:

Thread Information