Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Weinman (18) was falsely accused of a string of cat mutilations and deaths

Tyler Weinman (18) was falsely accused of a string of cat mutilations and deaths

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2434218.story

Police arrest 18-year-old in string of cat mutilations

The Associated Press
        10:50 AM EDT, June 14, 2009

MIAMI - An 18-year-old man was arrested early today and accused of committing a string of gruesome cat mutilation deaths that had horrified residents of his Miami area community, authorities said.

Tyler Weinman was taken into custody early Sunday, the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office said. Weinman was charged with 19 counts of animal cruelty, 19 counts of improperly disposing of an animal body and four counts of burglary.

"I sincerely hope that with his arrest, the residents will feel relieved and their cats will be safe once again," said State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle. "It is expected that the vicious crimes that have plagued these communities will not be repeated."

Weinman was in police custody Sunday. It wasn't clear if he had an attorney. Messages left at phone numbers for his parents were not immediately returned.

Shocked pet owners in the Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay neighborhoods have reported finding cats killed and mutilated over the past month. Investigators have been looking into about two dozen cat deaths. Some of the dead cats were missing fur and appeared to have been cut with a sharp, straight instrument, police said.

"This terrible time has drawn us together as a community, further emphasizing the importance of knowing our neighbors, communicating with each other, and always staying vigilant to suspicious activities whenever or wherever they may occur in our village," Palmetto Bay Mayor Eugene Flinn said.

I *think* these are his myspace profiles, but I am not 100% on that.  Does anyone else have better luck? 

http://www.myspace.com/vivalaham2

http://www.myspace.com/tysacoustic

Glad this son of a bitch is caught. 

deliberate_misuse

Re: Tyler Weinman (18) is accused of a string of cat mutilations and deaths

The first myspace is definitely him.  Here he is in 2002:

http://www.rye6990.com/0203/02halltyler.jpg

He looks like a sweet and innocent kid on his profile.  It's hard to imagine he could do such a horrific thing... then again, it's hard for me to imagine anyone killing cats the way he did.

What he was doing was warming up to being a serial killer.  Good looking guy who plays guitar that has a little  hobby of torturing and killing things on the side?  Ted Bundy much?  He resembles him, too.

In my opinion, of course.

deliberate_misuse

Here's another photo of him in 2002.  Blonde boy in the front row.

http://www.rye6990.com/0203/02hallgroup.jpg

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=20401.msg1305355#msg1305355 date=1244992661]
    He looks like a sweet and innocent kid on his profile.  It's hard to imagine he could do such a horrific thing... then again, it's hard for me to imagine anyone killing cats the way he did.

What he was doing was warming up to being a serial killer.  Good looking guy who plays guitar that has a little  hobby of torturing and killing things on the side?  Ted Bundy much?  He resembles him, too.

In my opinion, of course.
    [/quote]

You took the words right outta my mouth  :2grin:

If this smug bastard did do this, and I am betting they have good evidence he DID do it, he better PRAY he serves hard time, cause had him or any other bastards done this to MY babies….The Devil himself would weep at what I would do to to him.  I don’t tolerate abusers and torturers, cowards who prey on those weaker than them!!

If I had a penny...

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=20401.msg1305964#msg1305964 date=1245090202]
    If I had a penny...
    [/quote]

I don't make promises I won't follow through on, and when it comes to my babies?  I wasn't exaggerating.  I hate pieces of shit like this and would tap dance as I pulled the switch to make them leave this world forever.

Sorry, I should have elaborated more.

I was being a bit crass about the fact that he is a white boy.

Please no tomatoes.

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=20401.msg1305977#msg1305977 date=1245091065]
    I don't make promises I won't follow through on, and when it comes to my babies?  I wasn't exaggerating.  I hate pieces of shit like this and would tap dance as I pulled the switch to make them leave this world forever.
    [/quote]

Animal cruelty hurts me.  It literally digs at my heart.  When I read about Cheyenne Cherry and what she did to that kitten I cried for two hours.  How could someone do that?  I eventually came to the conclusion that people who do this kind of thing have real problems.  Any time someone hurts an animal, you have to immediately remind yourself that they could just as easily hurt a child, baby, or grown adult.  A lack of compassion or empathy for another living thing is a sign of pure evil to me.  It scares me.

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=20401.msg1306000#msg1306000 date=1245092381]
    Sorry, I should have elaborated more.

I was being a bit crass about the fact that he is a white boy.

Please no tomatoes.
    [/quote]

Seriously, I get so mad and things like this I really don't have a way to deal with it or articulate it properly.  All I can think about is MY babies and the terror...OK...stopping now!

mydeathspace

158 years? That is way too harsh. Maybe a month per dead cat. No more than that. 

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=20401.msg1306724#msg1306724 date=1245133432]
    158 years? That is way too harsh. Maybe a month per dead cat. No more than that. 
    [/quote] I respectfully disagree in 19 months, but do agree that 158 yers would be a bit much maybe 5 years.  I hope they give him a psych eval and keep him in a mental ward until he is better.

He is starting on weaker lives and hopefully isnt going to evolve.  Just a thought but he seems smaller than his peers you think maybe a touch of Napolian syndrome? 
    My womb is empty, violently ripped apart as my last chance dreams were destroyed.&nbsp; I will never have what I want but I won&#39;t settle either.<br />RIP My Hubby 7/25/99 our babies 6/26/09 (thru recovered ICSI/IVF)

I respectfully think 150+ years is PUUURRRRFECTLY what the little SOB deserves..considering I want him gutted and posed in public so other asshat who torture those weaker than them will think twice.&nbsp; What he did is destroy life, a coward is all he is.&nbsp; These are peoples babies, he should be punished as anyone who steals someones loved ones and murders them.&nbsp;

[quote author=SSchlange link=topic=20401.msg1306767#msg1306767 date=1245138317]
    I respectfully disagree in 19 months, but do agree that 158 yers would be a bit much maybe 5 years.&nbsp; I hope they give him a psych eval and keep him in a mental ward until he is better.

He is starting on weaker lives and hopefully isnt going to evolve.&nbsp; Just a thought but he seems smaller than his peers you think maybe a touch of Napolian syndrome?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I hope he is tortured as the weak coward that he is in harsh prison and dies bleeding from his ass.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=20401.msg1306724#msg1306724 date=1245133432]
    158 years? That is way too harsh. Maybe a month per dead cat. No more than that.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

It seems harsh, but he deserves it IMO.

What he did to those cats is TORTURE.&nbsp; This is a sick man, and I will be extremely happy if he is put away for a very, very long time.

Personally, I bet he won't learn a damned thing. It takes a certain type to make that decision to do such grevious harm to another living being. It's not like he is 5 and still learning right from wrong.

I say if he isn't in jail for 158 years, he definetly should be on some type of probation for the remainder of his life.

10 years from now we will be discussing the murder of someone by this man's hands.&nbsp; &nbsp; Mark my words.

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=20401.msg1307091#msg1307091 date=1245176637]
    10 years from now we will be discussing the murder of someone by this man's hands.&nbsp; &nbsp; Mark my words.
    [/quote]

Right behind you on that one.

Mmmm hmmmm...

the color nine

His myspaces have been deleted.

mug shot

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=20401.msg1307091#msg1307091 date=1245176637]
    [/quote]

I believe you're right.&nbsp; He's just practicing now for the big leagues.&nbsp;
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

the color nine

The mug shot I added is disturbing to me.

the color nine

Tyler had two MySpace pages (a personal one and one for music -- no, that's not his original composition) and a Facebook page, and was a member of the group &quot;Catch the Cat Killer!&quot; Not to be ridiculously speculative here, but it at least suggests he was aware of the media coverage and strong reaction. We're unsure of what part that might have played in his suspected crime spree and whether he enjoyed the reaction.
    http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2009/06/what_we_know_about_cat_killer.php

mydeathspace

[/quote]

Yeah, but that is in 10 years. Killing a human is a lot different than killing a rodent.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=20401.msg1307246#msg1307246 date=1245183792]
    Yeah, but that is in 10 years. Killing a human is a lot different than killing a rodent.
    [/quote]

GASP

Sacralige!

Thread Information