Thread: Lindsey King (19) hits two cop cars while driving on Prescribed medications.

Lindsey King (19) hits two cop cars while driving on Prescribed medications.

BEAVERTON - A Clackamas woman crashed into two Beaverton Police cars after calling 9-1-1 and telling dispatchers she was behind the wheel, didn't know where she was and couldn't see.

After the collisions Sunday night, in which no one was seriously hurt, Lindsey Marie King, 19, was cited by police on accusations of reckless driving, reckless endangering, second-degree criminal mischief and driving under the influence of a controlled substance, said Detective Pam Yazzolino, spokeswoman for the Beaverton Police.

Yazzolino said King was believed to have taken drugs that had been prescribed to her.

Beaverton police knew 9-1-1 dispatchers had received a number of calls at about 9 p.m. Sunday about a green Honda that was swerving on the highway, Yazzolino said. Witnesses told dispatchers that the driver of the Honda had hit the center meridian several times.

As the driver approached the Southwest Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway/Canyon Road exit, Yazzolino said the car crossed both lanes of traffic, hit the center median and then went back into the guardrail without stopping.

The car swerved again and struck the center barrier, then swerved to the right and hit a Beaverton Police car that was parked on the shoulder, doing an unrelated traffic stop.

After hitting the police car, the driver pulled to the left, then swerved back to the right, where another Beaverton patrol car also involved in the unrelated stop was hit.

"The officers were told earlier to be on the lookout for this car that was driving erratically, but was involved in another stop," Yazzolino said. "The officers she hit weren't looking for her at that moment. She found us."

No one in the unrelated stops was injured because they were out of their vehicles.

Yazzolino said King's car received side and extensive front end damage, and the two Beaverton Police cars each suffered rear-end damage. No other vehicle was damaged, she said.

An investigation by the Washington County Sheriff's Office determined that King called 9-1-1 shortly before the crashes and said she was driving, didn't know where she was and couldn't see.

The 9-1-1 dispatcher said she tried to get King to pull over but King wouldn't, Yazzolino said. King told the dispatcher she'd taken several different types of pills, Yazzolino added.

King was taken to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center and treated for minor injuries suffered in the crashes, as well as for her consumption of drugs. She was left in the care of the St. Vincent's emergency medical staff and cited for assorted traffic violations, all of which are misdemeanors.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/index.ssf/2009/06/clackamas_teen_smashes_into_tw.html

http://www.myspace.com/red_headed_royalty

I know i know... She's not really a criminal. But it was such a stupid story (and i found her myspace) so i just had to share it.  Seriously... you can't SEE ... So you refuse to pull over and keep driving down the freeway?!!? 

Re: Lindsey King (19) hits two cop cars while driving on OTC medications.

yeah that is really dumb

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

why does the thread title say OTC meds, when the article says they were prescribed? wake up, boogie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=20330.msg1302314#msg1302314 date=1244712933]
    why does the thread title say OTC meds, when the article says they were prescribed? wake up, boogie
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol:Oops! You caught me.. I wasn't thinking straight. :lol:

the articles comments are pretty funny

"Lessee. You don't know where you are. Can't see. Keep driving into things.

Hmmmmmm, what to do about this?

I know, keep driving until the car falls apart from the crashes.

This gives new meaning to braille driving."

"How can you not see to drive but can see to dial 911?!?"

"I guess this helps explain why the pharmeceutical corps and their lobbyist are behind the drug war.
    Must stop the evil marijuana so people can take scripts and forget where they are going when they drive their automobiles."

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=20330.msg1302315#msg1302315 date=1244713432]
    :lol: :lol:Oops! You caught me.. I wasn't thinking straight. :lol:
    [/quote]

are YOU on some medications? 

:lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Thread Information