Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Can once-cool MySpace stage a comeback?

Re: Can once-cool MySpace stage a comeback?

[quote author=Yomalex3 link=topic=20279.msg1304107#msg1304107 date=1244848691]
    Wait, wow I pissed you off so much you actually went digging for shit on me?  :oops: I have a hater / stalker!!! Yay!
    [/quote]

Don't let da h8terz get you down.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=20279.msg1304101#msg1304101 date=1244848604]
    Nah, it's myspace. No bots or bands ever harass me on facebook. My computer doesn't crash if I go to someone's profile, and I'm not exposed to their shitty html skills or their music. I can always access my emails.
    [/quote]

I don't get annoyed by bots or spam unless it's in my actual e-mail. Delete button...problem solved. It's part of being on a social networking place, it's not as personal as someone actually having my e-mail address and sending me shit. But I also don't understand the point of being on it if your profile is private, so I see it in a different way than some people. :|

But I agree that some of the pages are ridiculious. I don't think taking away a person's option to personalize their page is better though.
    I hope the bubble bursts on Facebook soon.
    I think I really hate it cause all of the people I'm friends with on it are from my old neighborhood, and they are only posting shit up about their stupid fuckin kids.
    THAT shit is majorly annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

But myspace has a setting to block out all spam and a feature that allows only people that know you to message you and add you as friends. (they have to know your last name) They have made the right steps. 
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=20279.msg1304114#msg1304114 date=1244848980]
    But myspace has a setting to block out all spam and a feature that allows only people that know you to message you and add you as friends. (they have to know your last name) They have made the right steps.  
    [/quote]

Hahaha. Yea, that's great for all those super-paranoid whackjobs. I HATE that feature, but it should keep those folks happy.
    I hate when someone sends me a friend request, and I can't even write to ask them who the fuck they are.....cause of course, their profile is private and messages are blocked.

I just friend them to see who they are then write them telling them to leave me alone.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=20279.msg1304122#msg1304122 date=1244849284]
    Hahaha. Yea, that's great for all those super-paranoid whackjobs. I HATE that feature, but it should keep those folks happy.
    I hate when someone sends me a friend request, and I can't even write to ask them who the fuck they are.....cause of course, their profile is private and messages are blocked.

I just friend them to see who they are then write them telling them to leave me alone.
    [/quote]

I guess the thing about facebook is that you don't have to go and click on profiles. When someone does something it comes to your page and you respond. Guess that's one of the main draws as well.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=20279.msg1304130#msg1304130 date=1244849447]

I guess the thing about facebook is that you don't have to go and click on profiles. When someone does something it comes to your page and you respond. Guess that's one of the main draws as well.
    [/quote]

I just have people with goofy wedding pics and pics of their ugly kids. I don't give a shit if it's getting potty trained, or if you're bored cause now you're stuck at home cause of the baby.
    I think the friends I have on Facebook are a part of why I hate it. :lol:

I remember one time on MySpace I tried to write to Saleen cause he thought he was banned or some shit, and you needed the nuclear codes the president has access to in order to send him a message. When people do shit like that, they may as well be in witness protection. I literally can't use it to contact him. Yea...great social networking site. :lol:

[quote author=Yomalex3 link=topic=20279.msg1304107#msg1304107 date=1244848691]
    Wait, wow I pissed you off so much you actually went digging for shit on me?  :oops: I have a hater / stalker!!! Yay!
    [/quote]

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=20279.msg1304109#msg1304109 date=1244848790]

Don't let da h8terz get you down.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=20279.msg1304112#msg1304112 date=1244848903]
    I don't get annoyed by bots or spam unless it's in my actual e-mail. Delete button...problem solved. It's part of being on a social networking place, it's not as personal as someone actually having my e-mail address and sending me shit. But I also don't understand the point of being on it if your profile is private, so I see it in a different way than some people. :|

But I agree that some of the pages are ridiculious. I don't think taking away a person's option to personalize their page is better though.
    I hope the bubble bursts on Facebook soon.
    I think I really hate it cause all of the people I'm friends with on it are from my old neighborhood, and they are only posting shit up about their stupid fuckin kids.
    THAT shit is majorly annoying!

[/quote]

Then why do you go out of your way to keep in touch with them?

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=20279.msg1304181#msg1304181 date=1244852062]
    Then why do you go out of your way to keep in touch with them?
    [/quote]

You're right. I should delete this Facebook shit.
    I wanted to see what they're up to, but they're a bunch of housewives and ham & eggers that consider staying out till 10pm a BIG night. :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=20279.msg1304192#msg1304192 date=1244852415]
    You're right. I should delete this Facebook shit.
    I wanted to see what they're up to, but they're a bunch of housewives and ham & eggers that consider staying out till 10pm a BIG night. :lol:
    [/quote]

I just tweeted about you so hard.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=20279.msg1304210#msg1304210 date=1244852907]
    I just tweeted about you so hard.
    [/quote]

It looks like English, but I have no idea what you said.

Thread Information