Thread: Avatar or icon,etc.

In my profile, I copied and pasted an avatar (or icon) but there shows no picture but just a little box with a red cross inside. What did I do wrong? Also, in one of my threads, Maggots take up residence..., I just noticed that the pictures someone had posted in regard to the article, have been deleted. I know that they were somewhat offensive, but relevant. Can anyone tell me why they were deleted? Did someone complain? (it's under weird and bizarre).Also, there is an envelope visible, when I post and I don't want my e-mail address made public. I know someone asked about this before and was told that only she could see the envelope. But I can see other people's envelopes too. What's the scoop?

Re: Avatar or icon,etc.

[quote author=Nocturnal1 link=topic=20211.msg1297726#msg1297726 date=1244255200]
    In my profile, I copied and pasted an avatar (or icon) but there shows no picture but just a little box with a red cross inside. What did I do wrong? Also, in one of my threads, Maggots take up residence..., I just noticed that the pictures someone had posted in regard to the article, have been deleted. I know that they were somewhat offensive, but relevant. Can anyone tell me why they were deleted? Did someone complain? (it's under weird and bizarre).Also, there is an envelope visible, when I post and I don't want my e-mail address made public. I know someone asked about this before and was told that only she could see the envelope. But I can see other people's envelopes too. What's the scoop?
    [/quote]

If its the envelope thing in the bubble thing (oh so helpful me) that just shows that you are online, i think. If you can't see our email addys, we can't see yours.

The other things i know of not, apart from avatars which i find easier to host on photobucket. Try that.

eta-if you do use photobucket, click the i have my own picture button on your profile here and add the code starting- http://i452

Re: Avatar or icon,etc.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=20211.msg1298084#msg1298084 date=1244316536]
    If its the envelope thing in the bubble thing (oh so helpful me) that just shows that you are online, i think. If you can't see our email addys, we can't see yours.

The other things i know of not, apart from avatars which i find easier to host on photobucket. Try that.

eta-if you do use photobucket, click the i have my own picture button on your profile here and add the code starting- http://i452
    [/quote]

Thanks for the info. I did register with Photobucket but I couldn't seem to transfer the image. But I'll try the code you gave me and see if that works. :oops: I feel so stupid. :oops:

Thread Information