Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Bobbi MacKinnon #393 MERRY GO ROUND?!?!? WTF!?!?!

Re: MERRY GO ROUND?!?!? WTF!?!?!

I'll be sure to do something real stupid.  and i'll make sure i'm naked.  hope I get a little warning before I die.

Josh

J, you kickass....I under-estimated you

Josh

J, if you die, I will think of the armpit woman, and punching babies

Thats how I want to be remembered...

I went to high school with Bobbi and wanted to update this thread, even though it was hijacked by talk of someone's penis long ago. Bobbi was by all accounts a nice girl. She, like just about everyone in Marysville, came from a broken and unstable home, so she was living with her grandmother. She got decent grades but college didn't seem like it was going to be for her, so she had planned on joining the navy. She was a "quadian" (a group of choir geeks who always hung out in the quad at lunch) and had many friends and a boyfriend in that group.

The day she died she and her friends were hanging out with Andrew, a very troubled young man (who once strangled me unprovoked until a teacher intervened) that went from group home to group home. Idk why she was hanging out with that loser. Trouble has a tendency to follow him. One of them had the bright idea to tie one end of a rope to a truck and the other end to one of those old fashioned metal merry go rounds that you propel yourself like in the recently released "Jackass" movie. It worked at first but they thought it could be made better by doubling the length of the rope. Bobbi, ever adventurous, volunteered to go first.

Unfortunately the centrifugal force from doubling the rope was too great and she was thrown quite far. The park they were at, informally known by locals as "Circle Park" is a circle surrounded by a street and the merry go round was located near the outer edge. This is significant because when she was thrown she flew through the air and landed on her head in the street, breaking her neck. She was dead immediately from head and neck injuries but everyone tried their best to save her. Her distraught friends called her grandmother who just lived up the road and she raced to the scene to see paramedics working on her granddaughter. It ended up just being a "load and go" and she was pronounced dead after arriving at the emergency room.

People in Marysville die from stupid things all the time because unless you're a tweeker, there is nothing else to do.

The driver of the truck, James King, was tried, convicted (which everyone felt was unfair) and served his sentence long ago.

Supposedly her friends discussed the incident on "Maury Povich" (because why not) but I have never been able to find the episode.

The merry go round was ripped out immediately.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Thank you for the update! This thread even predates me, and I've been here awhile. Glad to see that there are people who know things, who are curious enough to seek, find and inform us of things that were posted years ago. You friggin' rock.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks for the explanation sea hag. I read back in the thread to see what happened, but no one really explained what happened.

Sorry for your loss.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://m.appeal-democrat.com/girl-k...8eab45da9.html

A 16-year-old Marysville girl died in a city park Saturday as she duplicated a movie stunt that involved a merry-go-round.

The victim was identified by Yuba County Undersheriff Steve Durfor as Roberta MacKinnon. She died in S.J. Field Park on Rideout Way before 6 p.m., after she flew off a merry-go-round and hit her head on the street pavement, according to the Marysville Police Department.

The incident is still under investigation Sunday, according to the department.

According to witnesses, seven teenagers attached a rope to a truck and wrapped it around a merry-go-round, then watched it spin as the truck pulled the rope away from the ride. The stunt was previously performed in "Jackass: The Movie."

The teens did this several times before they lengthened the first rope with a second rope and tied it to the merry-go-round, said Andrew Royster, 18, who witnessed the accident. That's when the MacKinnon climbed on board, he said.

"We all told her not to do it," said Royster, who gathered with other friends in the park Sunday to remember the victim.

The victim's friends said that she was a stubborn risk taker who got angry at those who tried to stop her from doing things she wanted to do. The stunt was something she wanted to try, they said.

"She'd go all out for the thrills," said Royster, who just knew the victim for six months.

They also said MacKinnon was a loving caring person, who often smiled. "She cared for everyone," said Khristy DeLeon, 16.

Royster didn't want to be a part of the stunt and started to walk away, he said.

"I heard the truck pull away. I heard a scream, and I saw her flying through the air," he said. "It was a blur; it happened so fast."

According to police, the centrifugal force of the spinning ride was too great for MacKinnon to hang on. She lost her grip and flew away from the ride, beyond the grassy area into the street, police said.

Royster and another friend ran over to assist the victim, who landed in the street about 24 yards away from the ride.

According to the department, the victim was unresponsive when emergency workers arrived. She was taken to Rideout Memorial Hospital emergency room but died of what appeared to be head injuries, according to the department.

Thread Information