Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraqi Vet Adam Pearce (28) was stabbed to death by a female while trying to stop bar fight

Iraqi Vet Adam Pearce (28) was stabbed to death by a female while trying to stop bar fight

What a senseless death. Here a brave Marine was just trying to help a friend and gets stabbed to death by an idiot. Rest in Peace Marine. Semper Fidelis.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/05/20/Iraqi_Vet_Adam_Pearce_(28)_stabbed_to_death_by_fem ale_while_trying_to_stop_bar_fight

Re: Iraqi Vet Adam Pearce (28) was stabbed to death by a female while trying to stop bar fight

I couldn't agree with you more.....I wonder if they have  found the crazy biatch yet???

RIP Adam Pearce

Re: Iraqi Vet Adam Pearce (28) was stabbed to death by a female while trying to stop bar fight

Police offer few details on arrest in Marine’s killing
    Victim had intervened in a fight outside bar
    By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, May 21, 2009

DeKalb police have made an arrest in the weekend stabbing of a Tucker bar patron but won’t say whether it’s the female suspect alleged to have killed a former Marine.

Iraq War veteran Adam Pearce was stabbed several times by the still-unidentified woman during a fracas that broke out early Sunday morning at the Last Great Watering Hole.

Authorities are still pursuing a second suspect, according to DeKalb Police spokeswoman Bettina Durant.

The incident report, filed by a DeKalb police officer who was at the cocktail lounge when the fight broke out, contradicts previous witness accounts regarding Pearce’s actions during the brawl.

“Adam Pearce was winging and kicking at him while the black male was attempting to flee,” Officer B.J. Cox said in the report. A DeKalb Police spokeswoman said she did not know why Cox was at the bar. “Adam Pearce then knocked the subject on the ground with the help of several other subjects,” said Cox, who said he was “knocked clear” when he tried to separate the brawlers.

“As I attempted to break up the fight the second time I heard someone state that ‘she stabbed him’,” the officer said.

The woman then ran from the parking lot to Hugh Howell Road, where she jumped into a car and left. The man who was fighting with Pearce also fled the scene as Cox pursued the female suspect, the report said.

Soon after, “I was approached by a female stating that she picked up the black female that was involved in the incident,” Cox said. “But when we got back to her vehicle the suspect left on foot toward Lawrenceville Highway.”

Pearce’s mother, Pam Hayes, said witnesses told her the dispute began when a patron at the bar insulted the girlfriend of her son’s roommate.

“Some man made a derogatory comment about her tattoos, and [Pearce’s roommate] demanded he apologize,” Hayes said. “He refused and that’s when a fight broke out.”

The roommate, 32-year-old Dewayne Williams, was also stabbed during the fight but was treated and released from a local hospital.

Pearce’s funeral was held Wednesday in Snellville.
    http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2009/05/21/iraq_vet_stabbing_arrest.html

RIP Adam

It was over a woman's tats? Clearly that's something that requires a fight to the death to resolve. I'll never get why people hang out at these sleazy bars just waiting for something bad to happen.

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=19954.msg1283544#msg1283544 date=1243022406]
    It was over a woman's tats? Clearly that's something that requires a fight to the death to resolve. I'll never get why people hang out at these sleazy bars just waiting for something bad to happen.
    [/quote]

Slow your roll, Space Cadet.

Shit like this could happen any where at any time. FTR I love sleazy bars

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=19954.msg1283548#msg1283548 date=1243022672]

[/quote]

Maybe I can understand it then.

Adam Pearce, Iraq vet and loyal friend who loved dogs, motorcycles
    By Rick Badie

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Adam Pearce served one tour of duty in the city of Fallujah, Iraq.

In March 2005, the Marine returned home, physically unscathed, ready to start anew. The Shiloh High grad had loved motorcycles since childhood. He enrolled and graduated from Wyotech, a Florida school that offers training in motorcycle repair and other specialties. When Pearce returned to the Atlanta area, he worked with a friend who refurbished homes.

Relatives say the Iraqi war veteran was a loyal friend. If his buddies were involved in a dust-up, he’d join in regardless, said his father, Drew Pearce of Aurora, Ill.

“He had a fierce loyalty,” his father said, “and I chastised him about that more than once. He would always come to the defense of his friends. Right or wrong. It didn’t matter.”

“He’d been like that since second grade,” said his mother Pam Hayes of Macon.

Early Sunday morning, relatives say Mr. Pearce was stabbed three or four times while trying to stop a fight in the parking lot of the Last Watering Hole, a bar in Tucker off Hugh Howell Road. The incident began when a patron insulted the girlfriend of Mr. Pearce’s friend. The patron, relatives say, said something derogatory about her tattoos. DeKalb County Police have said the killer is a female who remains at large.

The funeral for Adam Andrew Pearce, 28, of Atlanta, will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday at Tom M. Wages Snellville chapel. Graveside services will be held 5 p.m. the same day in Leesburg Cemetery in Leesburg.

Mr. Pearce had wanted to be a Marine since primary school. In high school, he and some buddies made a pact to enlist. Only Mr. Pearce followed through. He was honorably discharged as a sergeant after a tour in the city of Fallujah. There, he’d been part of an artillery unit charged with loading Howitzers.

While he was in the Middle East, his mother spearheaded Operation Santa — a Christmas project to ship boxes to her son’s Marine reserve artillery unit. When the battery returned home, the tattooed dog-lover spoke joyfully of his plan.

“I’m going to take a shower,” he said in a 2005 article that appeared in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “and run the hot water out.”

His father found it tragic that Mr. Pearce survived a tour of duty in one of the war’s flash points, only to meet death in his hometown.

“I’ve seen several articles about Iraq veterans in Chicago who either got shot or stabbed in random street violence,” his father said. “I don’t know if it says something about American society or not. You might be safer in a war zone than on the streets of America.”

Mrs. Hayes said she worried about her son during the war. She said she prayed for her late father to be his guardian angel.

“He had his life ahead of him,” his mother said. “I have not accepted this. It’s a minute-by-minute thing, not a day-by-day thing.”

Besides motorcycles, Mr. Pearce loved pit bulls. He rescued them and currently owned one — “Gator.” One time, his mother said, he stopped on the side of the road to bury a dead dog.

“That was my son,” she said.

Additional survivors are a stepfather, Charles Hayes of Macon; two grandmothers, Mary Shaver of Leesburg and Ruth Pearce of Macon; two brothers, Michael Pearce of Aurora, Ill., and Chris Hayes of St. Augustine, Fla.; and a sister, Amanda Gothard of St. Augustine, Fla.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/obits/stories/2009/05/20/Adam_Pearce_obituary.html

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=19954.msg1283544#msg1283544 date=1243022406]
    [/quote]

Where does it say it was a sleazy bar?

All I saw as a description was:
    The incident report, filed by a DeKalb police officer who was at the cocktail lounge when the fight broke out  

The only "cocktail lounges I've ever been in were in expensive hotels and were anything BUT sleazy.
    :?

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=19954.msg1283548#msg1283548 date=1243022672]

[/quote]
    If I've learned anything from MDS, it's that shit like this DOES happen any where, any time.

BTW... sleazy bars usually have cheaper drinks that aren't watered down.

I'm sure that an army vet, a heavily tatted woman, and a murderer would not likely be found in upscale hotel bars in Tucker Georgia. So I'm guessing this went down in some dive bar.

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=19954.msg1283570#msg1283570 date=1243024200]
    I'm sure that an army vet, a heavily tatted woman, and a murderer would not likely be found in upscale hotel bars in Tucker Georgia. So I'm guessing this went down in some dive bar.
    [/quote]

Your assumptions are ridiculous.  Even if you're right and it turns out to be a dive bar, it's crazy to think that only certain "types" of people go to dive bars.

I followed my friends to one of those bars once. It ended with me standing in the parking lot watching him and a bunch of other people throwing punches at each other and saying that they are going to get their shotgun out of their trunk.

What did this brawl start over you might ask? Because we were just walking out to our cars and some jackass decided to say "What are you looking at dog?"

Definitely worth dying over, huh?

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=19954.msg1283570#msg1283570 date=1243024200]
    [/quote]

:lol:

It never ceases to amaze me, the seeming ease with which these ridiculous things you say seem to roll right off your fingertips.

Oh, and I just saw the "personal experience" story you posted. I love how, just because something happened to you ONCE, that means that this is what happens to everybody every time they go to a dive bar.

Personally, I love dive bars. I don't go to them "looking for trouble." In fact, I've never been in a physical fight in my life. I like dive bars because you can hang out, have a drink with your friends, and not worry about people trying to hit on you.

And amazingly, with the many times I've been to a dive bar, I've never been stabbed. Imagine that!

RIP Adam. Thank you for your service to our country.
    <br /><br />I want to go to Heaven for the weather and Hell for the company.

[/quote]

Nope, upscale bars only house embezzlers, tax evaders, expensive prostitutes, and pedophiles.&nbsp;

I'd rather hang out with the vet and tattooed chick.

Looking at his Myspace maybe it was a Rebel flag tattoo, that would make it a justifiable homicide right?

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=19954.msg1283736#msg1283736 date=1243041450]
    Looking at his Myspace maybe it was a Rebel flag tattoo, that would make it a justifiable homicide right?
    [/quote]

Rebel flag, is just another label for the confederate flag, right?

Yeah I was saving keystrokes.

Wow, sometimes it amazes me how quick everyone is to attack anything that comes out of a certain person's mouth.

Yeah, it could have happened anywhere, but since when is it a total asshole move to point out that *maybe* it was a dive bar, based on the actions. Having worked in a &quot;dive bar&quot; versus a bar attached to, say, a semi-classy restaurant, the difference in numbers of bar fights and how far they were allowed to escalate was substantial.

You can't just look for negative intentions in everything someone says. Sometimes its just a statement not in need of defense. Jeez. Its a forum and he wasn't even insulting the deceased.

Anyway regardless of where it occured, the last thing that guy needed after where he'd been was to have to defend himself against some crazy bitch. It still gets me how these soldiers can spend multiple deployments over seas in a war zone and come back only to be killed in some weird freak incident like this one.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=19954.msg1283750#msg1283750 date=1243043178]
    Yeah I was saving keystrokes.
    [/quote]

It just cracks me up how people try to rename shit and think it will change how it's perceived for everyone.

[quote author=aprilcarter29 link=topic=19954.msg1283765#msg1283765 date=1243044627]
    It just cracks me up how people try to rename shit and think it will change how it's perceived for everyone.
    [/quote]

They were called rebels all through the war, nothing really changed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Rebel

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=19954.msg1283775#msg1283775 date=1243045848]
    They were called rebels all through the war, nothing really changed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Rebel
    [/quote]

:roll: Whatever. Symbols are what people believe them to be no matter what they're labeled, and &quot;rebel&quot; induces a cool kinda feeling, &quot;confederate&quot; induces a racist dirty feeling for me. What the truth is? I dunno. I just know what those words make me feel.

Both flags represent slavery.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=19954.msg1283787#msg1283787 date=1243047570]
    Both flags represent slavery.
    [/quote]

Aren't they the same flag dude? My point is a pig is a pig, even if you call it a hog.

I meant this one.&nbsp;

My point was, it's historically accurate to say Rebel.

I am totally confused and uneducated about this.

I understand your opinion, and I don't support the Confederacy.&nbsp; I just grew up my whole life calling them Rebels, it's slang not idolization.

Slaves were owned under both sets of colors though.&nbsp;

Thread Information