Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft players

World of Warcraft players

Any warcraft players out there?

80 warlock
    Khaz Modan server US

Re: World of Warcraft players

I do not play warcraft.  However I was wondering for those of you that do, how are your relationships working out?  My other half has spent most of his home time on warcraft.  I think when I threatened to rip the pc from the wall and smash it on the back patio, that he decided to cut back a bit.  I absolutely LOATHE that game. 

Sorry for this interruption, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

SO, kids and I all play WOW.  :-) It is a family adiction.
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

I played it a little bit with my ex gf, but it's just too boring for me.  The world really isn't enjoyable, and the pervasive "crunch" mentality is mind numbing. 

She loves it, though.

[quote author=b_fly27 link=topic=19939.msg1280828#msg1280828 date=1242826740]
    I do not play warcraft.  However I was wondering for those of you that do, how are your relationships working out?  My other half has spent most of his home time on warcraft.  I think when I threatened to rip the pc from the wall and smash it on the back patio, that he decided to cut back a bit.  I absolutely LOATHE that game. 

[/quote]

My relationship with my wife is fine. She has her hobbies, and warcraft is mine. I love to meet new people from all around the world, and since i can't afford to travel that much, this is a great place to interact with people from everywhere.  Also, she doesn't mind me playing, as she believes it 's better than me going to bars and skirt chasing, which i wouldnt do anyway. (guess she had some bad experiences.)

[quote author=LostSouls link=topic=19939.msg1280966#msg1280966 date=1242837031]
    SO, kids and I all play WOW.  :-) It is a family adiction.
    [/quote]
    :2grin: Nice...do you roll horde or alliance? And what type of toon?

[quote author=b_fly27 link=topic=19939.msg1280828#msg1280828 date=1242826740]

[/quote]

Sorry...forgot something. Before you get too mad at your boyfriend/husband, remember that there are guys out there that do WAY worse by thier women than playing a game. Yes...wow is very addictive, but if it keeps him happy, then is that such a bad thing? But on the other hand, if you fell like you are losing touch with him, i agree that he needs to cut back.

Peace.

I did.

Lvl 50 Night Elf Hunter on Laughing Skull.

Now featuring creatures. Creature Feature's Avatar

nerds

...80 mini-mage on Agamaggan.

My mom plays WoW religiously, farms gold and sells characters. I tried to get into it with her but I just couldn't. I gave my account to her so I probably have about 10 level 80's.
    http://formspring.me/atm142 - To stare into the abyss is to invite the abyss to stare into you.

Couldn't get him to do anything in the house.  After work he came home and would be on WoW till 1 in the a.m.  Very frustrating.  We have two kids, he drives me to drink lol!

[quote author=b_fly27 link=topic=19939.msg1283133#msg1283133 date=1242999315]
    Couldn't get him to do anything in the house.  After work he came home and would be on WoW till 1 in the a.m.  Very frustrating.  We have two kids, he drives me to drink lol!
    [/quote]

Ya..i can see that... my wife got pissed at me for playing too much. Tell your hubby that he's not alone, and i feel his pain.

[quote author=atm142 link=topic=19939.msg1282973#msg1282973 date=1242976179]
    My mom plays WoW religiously, farms gold and sells characters. I tried to get into it with her but I just couldn't. I gave my account to her so I probably have about 10 level 80's.
    [/quote]

I have 2 80's. My human lock, and dwarf huntard. And some middle level ones. If i started rolling toons up just to sell them it would be like work then, and I already have a job.

I played wow for like a month, because I knew people that played it...But I never got into it.  The only  MMO I ever got into was EQOA on PS2, andthat was by accident (a friend got a 7day trial in the mail, so we tried it out and we were mainly just screwing with people, then I somehow got hooked and stayed playing for around 4 years.:lol: ).

i've trid guild wars,wow,EQ2, and others....Nothings really hooked me though.

mydeathspace

[quote author=b_fly27 link=topic=19939.msg1283133#msg1283133 date=1242999315]
    [/quote]

You should leave him. I've heard countless stories about the chicks that play WoW being complete whores. The guy nerds who play this game fall in love with the nerd sluts then meet up in real life to have nerd sex. WoW has ruined many relationships. And it's not even a cool game. NERDS!

Olivia

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19939.msg1296042#msg1296042 date=1244105482]
    You should leave him. I've heard countless stories about the chicks that play WoW being complete whores. The guy nerds who play this game fall in love with the nerd sluts then meet up in real life to have nerd sex. WoW has ruined many relationships. And it's not even a cool game. NERDS!
    [/quote]

I have to second this.  I used to share a house with a couple and he used to play this game all day.  I would get up at 6am to goto work and he would still be playing.  He has about 14 computers just to play this.  He also has a small penis that I used to see all the time because he would sit on the couch cross legged in a robe with no underwear on. 

Nothing good can come from this game.

[quote author=regalis link=topic=19939.msg1282959#msg1282959 date=1242973171]

:2grin: Nice...do you roll horde or alliance? And what type of toon?
    [/quote]

Roll both.  We are an equal opportunity family. No 80’s yet.  Try to keep it down to an hour our two a day while playing; otherwise, nothing gets done. My main is a night elf hunter spec for beast mastery sixty something.  My newest addition is a druid I have worked up to 56.  Then a death knight on the horde realm that I will work on once I have the other two higher and richer.  :lol:

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19939.msg1296042#msg1296042 date=1244105482]
    [/quote]
    There are some mega whores who play that game.  We had a chick recently in my guild who thought marriage was stupid so she deliberately flirted and tried to cyber with all the married guys.  It was really kind of pathetic, both her for being so desperate for attention she had to go to those standards and the few married (with kids) guys that fell for it and proclaimed that they wish their wives were as 'fun' as her. 

As for WoW toons, I play an 80 undead priest on the Thunderhorn server.

I love the idea of this, but I have an addictive personality so I daren't. I mean, I really need to go to work to pay my mortgage.  :lol:
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[/quote]

Me and my hubby both play while at work since we do security for presence. I'll say yes it has ruined many couples relationships but the game is made to escape reality. Relationships are ruined one way or another ever since before WoW. If your husband or wife can't control themselves while online then they need help cause that's just pathetic. For us it started as something to do together while we were in a financial slump with no money to go out. We would play WoW and raid and whatnot so we had something to do together. Now it's just to entertain us while at work. After the shift ends we go home and either watch movies or go out with friends. It all depends on the person I guess.

The Scryers Alliance my main is a Draenei Ret Pally named Saafira.

[quote author=Yomalex3 link=topic=19939.msg1299056#msg1299056 date=1244480225]
    The Scryers Alliance my main is a Draenei Ret Pally named Saafira.
    [/quote]
    I used to be on that server as alliance as well.  Was in a guild called Belligerent but the call of my horde toons was too strong.  :-)

My husband and I use to play together. The game is a lot of fun and it definitely is addicting. We both canceled our accounts because of money being tight but when we aren't poor anymore I would like to play again.

I played an 80 BE Shadow Priest on Mal'ganis.  :2smiley:

I also agree. TONS of nerd whores play that game. Luckily a lot of the people I played with thought they were morons and didn't fall for their whoreishness.
    Oh nooooooo your tires all flat and junk.

[quote author=tanya2012 link=topic=19939.msg1369656#msg1369656 date=1251130237]
    I also agree. TONS of nerd whores play that game. Luckily a lot of the people I played with thought they were morons and didn't fall for their whoreishness.
    [/quote]

This is going to show how much I live in my own world even on that game.  I have yet to notices a tone of nerd whores.  I always miss the good stuff.  :-(  :lol:

I have several toons, but my favorite is my level 80 Blood Elf Holy Priest. Sen'Jin server.

Thread Information