Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Mitchell shot Dan Azeff during an argument over the Confederate Flag

Re: Michael Mitchell shot Dan Azeff during an argument over the Confederate Flag

[quote author=wickedgirl link=topic=19822.msg1273964#msg1273964 date=1242183380]
    I live in "THE SOUTH" and I have taught my daughters that a Confederate Flag tattooed on a suitor is an excellent indication to say "thanks, but no thanks". It's quite handy that the red necks label themselves in that fashion. Really helps to weed out the treacle rather nicely.
    [/quote]

So does that symbol mean you're a racist? Or you like the Dukes of hazard?

Re: Michael Mitchell shot Dan Azeff during an argument over the Confederate Flag

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=19822.msg1273970#msg1273970 date=1242183501]
    My daughter wants to go to college someday at the University of Tennessee, so I need to definitely push this rule with her.
    [/quote]

As the only person discussing this who actually lives in a former Confederate State, and who works in the country as of now and runs into a lot of folks, the Confederate Flag does not mean "I hate blacks" to everyone who has one.  Assuming they are racists is the same as assuming a black kid with pants four sizes too big, hanging down to his ankles, is a gangsta toting a gun...

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=aquatwins link=topic=19822.msg1273975#msg1273975 date=1242183641]

[/quote]

Why stick around long enough to find out?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19822.msg1273973#msg1273973 date=1242183602]
    Oh shut the fuck up. This is your outrage for this one? Really?

[/quote]

eat me.  im just stating my opinion.  i didnt say i was outraged.  :roll:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=aquatwins link=topic=19822.msg1273975#msg1273975 date=1242183641]

[/quote]

Both, and it really depends on the attitude in which it is worn with me. There is a Cooter's Place down the street from where I work. The General Lee figures big in their design scheme and their products. Do I feel hateful intent coming off of that? Personally, no. The redneck who has weaselly red tinted meth eyes and has a full confederate flag on his back? Yes. That's how I see it.
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=19822.msg1273974#msg1273974 date=1242183610]
    A town of about 7000 in Michigan&nbsp;
    [/quote]

My roommate is from Michigan and he's said some offensive stereotypical things but I can handle it.
    Once he said that I talked white. I talk like myself, why does my race have anything to do with anything.

He's way better now. He wanted to be a black woman for Halloween and I was curious to see
    how he was going to act. His mother got scared and talked him out of it.

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=19822.msg1273979#msg1273979 date=1242183688]
    As the only person discussing this who actually lives in a former Confederate State, and who works in the country as of now and runs into a lot of folks, the Confederate Flag does not mean &quot;I hate blacks&quot; to everyone who has one.&nbsp; Assuming they are racists is the same as assuming a black kid with pants four sizes too big, hanging down to his ankles, is a gangsta toting a gun...

[/quote]

Wow, Tennessee was never a Confederate State? I. Have. Learned. Something.
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=19822.msg1273983#msg1273983 date=1242183837]
    eat me.&#160; im just stating my opinion.&#160; i didnt say i was outraged.&#160; :roll:
    [/quote]

Well your whole &quot;I don't find it acceptable&quot; shit is what I'm talking about.

I said it's funny that some asshole waving his asshole flag got shot for being an asshole, and anyone that has an issue with me is trying to paint me to be the bad guy.

If you guys really wanna argue with me about why I think it's funny a racist got shot, go for it. :lol:

if this guy and his friend wanted to learn about the flag, he should have went home and picked up a book or watched a documentary. &nbsp;

after receiving his answer....yes i am a racist, no i am not a racist....he should have went about his business. &nbsp;due to lack of education and no common sense, he will now learn lesson a having a felony. &nbsp;not too late, young man....maybe this is what he needed. &nbsp; certainly wont help him, but could also be a saving factor. &nbsp;

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19822.msg1273990#msg1273990 date=1242184202]
    Well your whole &quot;I don't find it acceptable&quot; shit is what I'm talking about.

I said it's funny that some asshole waving his asshole flag got shot for being an asshole, and anyone that has an issue with me is trying to paint me to be the bad guy.

If you guys really wanna argue with me about why I think it's funny a racist got shot, go for it. :lol:
    [/quote]

i just dont understand why it would be less funny to you if the black guy was the racist, and the white guy shot him.&nbsp; could you explain it to me?
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=19822.msg1273997#msg1273997 date=1242184445]
    i just dont understand why it would be less funny to you if the black guy was the racist, and the white guy shot him.&#160; could you explain it to me?
    [/quote]

I did. See above.

And this convo reminds me of this cartoon. :lol:

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=19822.msg1273997#msg1273997 date=1242184445]
    i just dont understand why it would be less funny to you if the black guy was the racist, and the white guy shot him.&nbsp; could you explain it to me?
    [/quote]

I think by Ron's version of radical liberalism, black people can't technically be racists.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19822.msg1274002#msg1274002 date=1242184595]
    I did. See above.

And this convo reminds me of this cartoon. :lol:

[/quote]

so you're saying its less funny to you because you're black.&nbsp;

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=19822.msg1274011#msg1274011 date=1242184820]
    so you're saying its less funny to you because you're black.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Holy shit. Are you this stupid for real, or are you doing this to be annoying?
    I wouldn't immediately laugh if I heard that a Black guy got shot for being racist because he could have been shot by a Klan member. And laughing at that as a Black man is NOT cool.
    Some White guy shot for being racist is gonna make me laugh every time. I'm sorry if I offended you.

And Chomp. You seem to think you &quot;got me&quot; for some reason cause I laughed at a shooting.
    Guns still suck. Gun owners are crazy.

And I'm sorry about your friend.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19822.msg1274014#msg1274014 date=1242184982]
    Holy shit. Are you this stupid for real, or are you doing this to be annoying?
    I wouldn't immediately laugh if I heard that a Black guy got shot for being racist because he could have been shot by a Klan member. And laughing at that as a Black man is NOT cool.
    Some White guy shot for being racist is gonna make me laugh every time. I'm sorry if I offended you.

And Chomp. You seem to think you &quot;got me&quot; for some reason cause I laughed at a shooting.
    Guns still suck. Gun owners are crazy.

And I'm sorry about your friend.
    [/quote]

no, i'm not doing it to be annoying, and i'm not stupid.&nbsp; excuse me for trying to understand where you're coming from a little better.&nbsp; asshole.

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=19822.msg1274020#msg1274020 date=1242185110]
    no, i'm not doing it to be annoying, and i'm not stupid.&nbsp; excuse me for trying to understand where you're coming from a little better.&nbsp; asshole.
    [/quote]

You're excused. But to not get that....it's so dumb I thought you were fuckin with me.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19822.msg1274022#msg1274022 date=1242185221]
    You're excused. But to not get that....it's so dumb I thought you were fuckin with me.
    [/quote]

uh, ron.&nbsp; it didnt even occur to me that you would stop to think *maybe that guy got shot by a Klan member*.&nbsp; forgive my ignorance, but i'm a white girl from the suburbs.&nbsp; i've never even encountered a klan member, or had to deal with racism on a level that you probably have.&nbsp; you know, instead of calling me stupid, maybe you could take the time to explain things to me that i really don't understand.&nbsp; from my viewpoint, anyone being racist is fucked up.&nbsp; and furthermore, i tend to think that when someone has the opinion that its ok for one race to be racist/make comments/shoot someone because of something like a rebel flag, well...doesn't that just keep adding fuel to the vicious cycle?&nbsp;

This kid just made himself a stereotype that blacks are violent and end up in prison.
    He could have easily walked on by and had a good night with friends.
    Its ridiculous not funny.

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=19822.msg1274033#msg1274033 date=1242185712]
    uh, ron.&nbsp; it didnt even occur to me that you would stop to think *maybe that guy got shot by a Klan member*.&nbsp; forgive my ignorance, but i'm a white girl from the suburbs.&nbsp; i've never even encountered a klan member, or had to deal with racism on a level that you probably have.&nbsp; you know, instead of calling me stupid, maybe you could take the time to explain things to me that i really don't understand.&nbsp; from my viewpoint, anyone being racist is fucked up.&nbsp; and furthermore, i tend to think that when someone has the opinion that its ok for one race to be racist/make comments/shoot someone because of something like a rebel flag, well...doesn't that just keep adding fuel to the vicious cycle?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

This is what I meant when I said anyone that has an issues with me is salivating over this one, cause they think they got me or something. :lol:

I simply said it was funny. I didn't say AWESOME! or high five the shooter. It's funny the guy got shot for his asshole rebel flag. That is all.

I have been fielding questions from White suburban kids my entire life. Why stop now? :lol:

[quote author=aquatwins link=topic=19822.msg1274048#msg1274048 date=1242186205]
    This kid just made himself a stereotype that blacks are violent and end up in prison.
    He could have easily walked on by and had a good night with friends.
    Its ridiculous not funny.
    [/quote]
    Opinions are like assholes.....

And NOT shooting the guy wouldn't have changed anything. So fuck it. :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19822.msg1274054#msg1274054 date=1242186441]
    This is what I meant when I said anyone that has an issues with me is salivating over this one, cause they think they got me or something. :lol:

I simply said it was funny. I didn't say AWESOME! or high five the shooter. It's funny the guy got shot for his asshole rebel flag. That is all.

I have been fielding questions from White suburban kids my entire life. Why stop now? :lol:
    Opinions are like assholes.....

And NOT shooting the guy wouldn't have changed anything. So fuck it. :lol:

[/quote]

i dont think that *igotchoo* or anything.&nbsp; it has nothing to do with me having an *issue* with you.&nbsp; my question is simply, when is enough enough.&nbsp; i think that the acceptance of racism in any form just keeps it going, and i think it sucks.&nbsp;

and uh....didn't you know that you're the Ambassador of Blacks for white suburbanites?&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=19822.msg1274065#msg1274065 date=1242186847]
    i dont think that *igotchoo* or anything.&nbsp; it has nothing to do with me having an *issue* with you.&nbsp; my question is simply, when is enough enough.&nbsp; i think that the acceptance of racism in any form just keeps it going, and i think it sucks.&nbsp;

and uh....didn't you know that you're the Ambassador of Blacks for white suburbanites?&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

Since 1980.

And I thought people were going to springborad off this cause of Chompin and his &quot;Ah ha! You find this shooting funny, so you're a hypocrite!&quot; :lol:

What does that even mean? Maybe he'll explain it to us tomorrow.
    I mean, I never said &quot;See how awesome guns are!&quot; so what's his point? Since I'm anti-gun I can't find a shooting funny?
    It's not funny when racists are shot, only when it's a drunk frat kid that has the wrong house?

What's it gonna be Hoss?

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19822.msg1274073#msg1274073 date=1242187154]
    Since 1980.

And I thought people were going to springborad off this cause of Chompin and his &quot;Ah ha! You find this shooting funny, so you're a hypocrite!&quot; :lol:

What does that even mean? Maybe he'll explain it to us tomorrow.
    I mean, I never said &quot;See how awesome guns are!&quot; so what's his point? Since I'm anti-gun I can't find a shooting funny?
    It's not funny when racists are shot, only when it's a drunk frat kid that has the wrong house?

What's it gonna be Hoss?
    [/quote]

1980?&nbsp; thats a long time.

and no, my questions didnt have anything to do with what chompin said to you.&nbsp; i mean, maybe its a little surprising to me that you'd find a shooting funny considering your hatred of guns, but i dont think that makes you a hypocrite.&nbsp; i dont like hot air balloons, but i thought it was some funny shit when those kids died from climbing in one and suffocating.&nbsp; :lol:

did anyone ever say that the drunk frat kid getting shot was funny?&nbsp;

you have to stop taking everything i say as an attack.&nbsp; i'm not trying to be annoying or stupid (and i think the comments you make to that effect are rude), maybe just learn a little bit from people who have lived a different life than i have.&nbsp;

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=19822.msg1274082#msg1274082 date=1242187656]
    1980?&nbsp; thats a long time.

and no, my questions didnt have anything to do with what chompin said to you.&nbsp; i mean, maybe its a little surprising to me that you'd find a shooting funny considering your hatred of guns, but i dont think that makes you a hypocrite.&nbsp; i dont like hot air balloons, but i thought it was some funny shit when those kids died from climbing in one and suffocating.&nbsp; :lol:

did anyone ever say that the drunk frat kid getting shot was funny?&nbsp;

you have to stop taking everything i say as an attack.&nbsp; i'm not trying to be annoying or stupid (and i think the comments you make to that effect are rude), maybe just learn a little bit from people who have lived a different life than i have.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Well that's when I started school, and I was the only Black kid in the class. So it's been a long time, and at times it can be exhausting. But I hang in there.

And you wanna learn from people that are different? I used to feel this way, but now I usually want them to STFU. :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19822.msg1274088#msg1274088 date=1242187961]
    Well that's when I started school, and I was the only Black kid in the class. So it's been a long time, and at times it can be exhausting. But I hang in there.

And you wanna learn from people that are different? I used to feel this way, but now I usually want them to STFU. :lol:
    [/quote]

you started school when i was a year old.&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; you're a geezer.

of course i want to learn from people who are different.&nbsp; you probably dont anymore, cause you're ancient and set in your ways, but i think i'm naive when it comes to a lot of things...i need to learn more, become a more complete person...broaden my horizon so to speak.&nbsp; stop putting me down for it.&nbsp;

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=19822.msg1274094#msg1274094 date=1242188240]
    you started school when i was a year old.&nbsp;&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; you're a geezer.

of course i want to learn from people who are different.&nbsp; you probably dont anymore, cause you're ancient and set in your ways, but i think i'm naive when it comes to a lot of things...i need to learn more, become a more complete person...broaden my horizon so to speak.&nbsp; stop putting me down for it.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I was in school, not teaching it. Geezer? :hitwitrock:

I just don't understand the rural yokels. I don't think they're all crazy like I used to, but it's still not somewhere I wanna visit. :lol:

After awhile, you'll get sick of people [s]with opposing viewpoints[/s] that are crazy too.

Thread Information