Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Actor and comedian Bernie Mac (50) died from pneumonia-related complications

Actor and comedian Bernie Mac (50) died from pneumonia-related complications

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/08/10/Actor_and_comedian_Bernie_Mac_(50)_died_from_pneum onia_related_complications

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/people/1099574,mac080908.article

Comedian Bernie Mac died at Northwestern Memorial hospital early Saturday morning, according to Sun-Times Columnist, Stella Foster. He was 50.

Though the cause of death has not been confirmed, Mac had been hospitalized recently for pneumonia. Foster said that she received calls early Saturday morning from a close friend of the Mac family, confirming the reports of Mac's death.

Comedian Bernie Mac died at Northwestern Memorial hospital early Saturday morning. He was 50.

The columnist also said she was deeply saddened to receive such a phone call just an hour after Mac was pronounced dead.

"It brought tears to my eyes because Bernie Mac has always been my all-time favorite entertainer and comedian. It pains me to have to report that," Foster said during a phone interview on Saturday morning.

On Friday, a spokeswoman for the actor, whose real name is, Bernard McCullough, said that he had been responding well to treatment for the illness.

Publicist Danica Smith said Thursday in a statement that Mac's condition is ''stable.'' Smith first announced on August 1st that Mac was hospitalized in Chicago.

Smith has said the pneumonia isn't related to an inflammatory lung disease Mac also has. That condition has been in remission since 2005.

Foster noted that last weekend, several web sites reported wrongly that the comedian died.

Mac made waves last month with off-color jokes during a fundraiser for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

The comedian starred in the critically acclaimed Fox television series ''The Bernie Mac Show.'' His film credits include roles in the ''Ocean's Eleven'' franchise.

Foster says she was remembers Bernie's comedic beginnings through his show, "Midnight Mac," which aired for four shows on HBO and was taped in Chicago in 1995.

"It was a variety entertainment show," she said, "He even had dancers called Macaroni's. That was my first exposure to how talented Bernie Mac was.  And after that show, that's when Hollywood started beating down his door."

The actor's upcoming movies include "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" starring Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and David Schwimmer; and "Soul Men" with Samuel L. Jackson and Isaac Hayes.

There is no word on whether public services will be held.

Re: Actor and comedian Bernie Mac (50) died from pneumonia-related complications

Holy shit, wow.

I just googled this... this seems to be the only story. It says its just a rumor. But I doubt the Chicago Sun Times would publish something without confirmation?
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Re: Actor and comedian Bernie Mac (50) died from pneumonia-related complications

If he IS dead, these people look really dumb right about now :lol:

http://www.hecklerspray.com/we-told-you-bernie-mac-wasnt-dying/200815596.php

We Told You Bernie Mac Wasn’t Dying

August 8th, 2008 at 13:00 by Ian Dransfield

bernie mac getting better release from hospital pneumonia sarcoidosis It’s great being right about things, like we at hecklerspray towers usually are.

No, wait - always are. That’s the line we’re going with.

So it’s good news firstly to see that Bernie Mac - hospitalised last week with pneumonia - is on the road to a full recovery, and is expected to be released from hospital in a matter of weeks.

Secondly, it’s good news to see that we said he’d be fine, as it goes hand in hand with out ‘always right’ thing that we’re going for. It’s great being psychic medical professionals that never misdiagnose, as hecklerspray would appear to be.

Though, to be honest, we were more or less only going on the word of Bernie Mac’s spokesperson, much as we hate to break the illusion. We aren’t psychic. Just omnipotent.

The floundering, hysterical reports covering Mac over the last week would have you believe anything from “he’s on his way out,” to “he’s definitely dead” and back to “oh wait - no he isn’t,” with speculation running wild that Bernie would no longer be able to star in ‘Oceans 14: Oceans in Space’.

But no - the doubters, the nay-sayers and those hoping, praying for a celebrity death were once again left disappointed. Seriously - some people have sweeps on these things. Disgusting. Though only as we haven’t actually won any cash on them yet. There would be an off-the-cuff comment here about a certain deceased actor, but it suffers from ‘Too Soon’ syndrome and people get upset.

So instead just think about kittens. And Bernie Mac getting better after his bout of pneumonia.

Not only has our omnipresence helped in the hecklerspray prognosis of Bernie, but we got some words to help us show we’re not making it up. Which is always useful. A statement released by Danica Smith, Bernie Mac’s publicist, said:

“Bernie Mac is in stable condition in a Chicago-area hospital. He is responding well to treatment and hopes to be released in the next few weeks. His family thanks everyone for the well wishes and concern.”

Now, not to sound ungrateful for the thanks we all get there, but surely hecklerspray should get something more for our incredible levels of support and prescient knowledge? Like a gift? We don’t ask much, just a gold-plated throne for Stu to come back to when he returns from TV Land. He’d like that kind of thing.

While we wait for the package - use Parcel Force or City Link, they tend to be best with the big parcels - we can sit back and watch repeats of ‘The Bernie Mac Show’ and wait, ready to greet Bernard on his release from hospital.

It also means that when he is finally released we can get back to taking the piss well and truly out of him, as it’s never funny to mock ill people. Unless they’re racists, or Christians or whatever.

THE BIT JUST THEN THAT SAID ‘CHRISTIANS’ WAS A JOKE, CALM DOWN.
    Buzz up!
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

They just had the story on ABC news. That's where I heard it first.

[quote author=shansen1984 link=topic=15616.msg960969#msg960969 date=1218285352]
    wait a second when I googled this I found tons of stories that the rumors he is dead are not true...google it. Find the truth! Someone?!
    [/quote] All those stories about it being a hoax were from before today. I'm sure his publicist didn't want people to think he was dying, even if he was.  :| He was way too young.

Amy's taste > Tara's

Wait. Now the Chicago Sun Times article is gone.

People ::
    ERROR ::
    Sorry, the page you requested could not be found.

* If you are trying to reach a page from a bookmark, the page URL may have changed. Please choose a community from the navigation at the top of this page.

* If you are looking for an older news story, it may no longer be here. Free archives of stories are maintained on our site for one month.

Amy's taste > Tara's

This was released by his publicist 14 hours ago

Comedian Bernie Mac is making a good recovery from pneumonia and should be released from a Chicago, Ill., hospital within the next few weeks, his representative has confirmed.

News of the ailing actor's illness broke last week, and at one point, his publicist Danica Smith was forced to play down reports Mac's health had rapidly deteriorated, with some rumors claiming he had died.

Speaking on Sunday, she insisted, "Bernie Mac is still alive and being treated in a Chicago hospital for pneumonia and is expected to make a full recovery. (He is) responding well to treatment and will be released soon."

Smith has now reiterated news of Mac's improving health after sources close to the star's family claimed he was in a "very, very critical" condition on Monday.

In a new statement released on Thursday, she says: "Bernie Mac is in stable condition in a Chicago-area hospital. He is responding well to treatment and hopes to be released in the next few weeks. His family thanks everyone for the well wishes and concern."
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=15616.msg960976#msg960976 date=1218285585]
    Wait. Now the Chicago Sun Times article is gone.

People ::
    ERROR ::
    Sorry, the page you requested could not be found.

* If you are trying to reach a page from a bookmark, the page URL may have changed. Please choose a community from the navigation at the top of this page.

* If you are looking for an older news story, it may no longer be here. Free archives of stories are maintained on our site for one month.
    [/quote]

Weird.... maybe he's not dead after all :?

He's totally not dead. Someone at the Sun Times's got some esplainin to do! :lol:

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=15616.msg960982#msg960982 date=1218285760]
    He's totally not dead. Someone at the Sun Times's got some esplainin to do! :lol:
    [/quote]

First Sinbad, now him.

I blame Wiki. 

imdb.com says he is still alive this was yesterday-

eta- ashlee beat me too it, deleted double post!

Ok...wait.  Is he dead or not?  I'm voting for no because they've been hoaxing on about this for awhile.

I hope he's alive.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Though the cause of death has not been confirmed, Mac had been hospitalized recently for pneumonia. Foster said that she received calls early Saturday morning from a close friend of the Mac family, confirming the reports of Mac's death.

Who was this friend? A /b/tard? :lol:

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=moosella link=topic=15616.msg960981#msg960981 date=1218285751]
    Weird.... maybe he's not dead after all :?
    [/quote] But you said ABC reported on this too?

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=15616.msg960994#msg960994 date=1218286003]
    But you said ABC reported on this too?
    [/quote]

Yup. They had it as "breaking news". That's when I googled and found the article.

[quote author=moosella link=topic=15616.msg961000#msg961000 date=1218286217]
    Yup. They had it as "breaking news". That's when I googled and found the article.
    [/quote] hmm. I guess we'll find out as the day goes on!

Amy's taste > Tara's

Wiki has it

Death

Bernie Mac was hospitalized with pneumonia on August 1, 2008. Soon after, rumors of his demise had circulated, but were denied by his publicist. On August 2, 2008, a source close to the family said that Mac was in "very, very critical" condition.[4] He was recovering from pnemonia in a Chicago hospital. Publicist, Danica Smith said that he was expected to make a full recovery and that he was responding well to treatment.[5]

It was reported by the Chicago Sun-Times on August 9th 2008 that Bernie Mac had passed due to complications from his condition.

"Comedian Bernie Mac died at Northwestern Memorial Hospital early Saturday morning, according to Sun-Times Columnist, Stella Foster. He was 50. Though the cause of death has not been confirmed, Mac had been hospitalized recently for pneumonia. Foster said that she received calls early Saturday morning from a close friend of the Mac family, confirming the reports of Mac's death."[6]

But the Sun-Times article is gone.  I wonder if it made the physical paper.  I'll have to check on my way to work.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

I wouldn't consider Wiki to be a really credible source of info.

There are two stories on google that he is dead, both of which have now been pulled. I vote for not true.

http://news.google.com/news?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=bernie+m ac&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tab=wn&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=h&as_min d=8&as_minm=8&as_maxd=9&as_maxm=8& nolr=1
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

If he is dead, they dont want it announced yet, obviously.

Amy's taste > Tara's

I hope its not true. If it is, its not a good year to be a celebrity.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=15616.msg961006#msg961006 date=1218286469]
    I wouldn't consider Wiki to be a really credible source of info.

There are two stories on google that he is dead, both of which have now been pulled. I vote for not true.

http://news.google.com/news?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=bernie+m ac&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tab=wn&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=h&as_min d=8&as_minm=8&as_maxd=9&as_maxm=8& nolr=1
    [/quote] At least if he did die, it wasn't horrific. ;)

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=15616.msg961023#msg961023 date=1218287386]
    At least if he did die, it wasn't horrific. ;)
    [/quote]

:hitwitrock:

hahahahahahahahah shut up 
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=15616.msg961026#msg961026 date=1218287593]
    :hitwitrock:

hahahahahahahahah shut up 
    [/quote] sorry, i just think it's cute. and I know you can handle the teasin' :)

Amy's taste > Tara's

AP has him dead
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ijDA5bgxiHlTvS_r-SSjskS1Tq1wD92EPK1G0

RIP Bernie

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6316502

Thread Information