Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York found dead 13 years after going missing in Myrtle Beach

Re: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York Missing - Myrtle Beach

[quote author=hoodat link=topic=19642.msg1270000#msg1270000 date=1241759029]
    No one advertises on his retarded site because even the most desperate sleaze-oid wouldn't want to be associated with such retardation.  I don't know the weirdo and for that I am forever grateful.  After stumbling across his stupid site I searched around and discovered that he has a history of being a known POS.  He could possibly be the most hated man on the Internet, except for the fact that in spite of his best efforts, no one gives a crap.  His attempts to gain notoriety by being a giant online douchegasm are always met by total indifference and he somehow manages to make himself look like an even bigger asstard every time he tries.  He is a pathetic little butt-clog with less worth and merit than the stuff that accumulates on the rim of a bus station toilet.  

[/quote]

I think I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=hoodat link=topic=19642.msg1270000#msg1270000 date=1241759029]
    No one advertises on his retarded site because even the most desperate sleaze-oid wouldn't want to be associated with such retardation.  I don't know the weirdo and for that I am forever grateful.  After stumbling across his stupid site I searched around and discovered that he has a history of being a known POS.  He could possibly be the most hated man on the Internet, except for the fact that in spite of his best efforts, no one gives a crap.  His attempts to gain notoriety by being a giant online douchegasm are always met by total indifference and he somehow manages to make himself look like an even bigger asstard every time he tries.  He is a pathetic little butt-clog with less worth and merit than the stuff that accumulates on the rim of a bus station toilet.  

[/quote]

:lol:

That was the most awesome description of this disgusting maggot I have ever heard. I wouldn't worry about him too much, I predict he's gonna get his head kicked in wicked ways one day reasonably soon. You can't hide behind a computer screen forever.

Is the brown haired girl that is in like every single photograph the one who rang Brittanee over the alleged shorts issue by any chance? The shorts in question I am assuming are the ones she appears to be wearing in the last photographs taken of her, which seem to match the pair the brown haired girl is also wearing. 

tonight is Brittanee's prom   

looks like there was another cell phone ping after the first one. they are expanding the search. god I really hope this girl is alive.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20090508/NEWS/905080353/1004/NEWS01

<snip>
    COLUMBIA -- South Carolina authorities looking for a missing 17-year-old girl from New York expanded their search Friday, two weeks after she disappeared on a trip with friends that her mother didn't give her permission to go on.

As officials began looking in an area about 55 miles south of Myrtle Beach in Charleston County where her phone reportedly gave off a signal, the director of a search group said the prospect that the teen will be found unharmed grows increasingly dim.

Another cell phone hit had led authorities about 35 miles south of Myrtle Beach to Georgetown County, where officers spent two days earlier this week searching. Deputies used dogs, helicopters, boats and foot patrols but found nothing.

On Wednesday, police also visited Georgetown High School, where they said they followed leads someone there may have information on the case but declined to release details.

</snip>

If she is found alive I wonder if they can or would charge her with something. I usually hate when everyone needs to be charged with something, but look at the money being spent on looking for this girl.

I hope she's alive. Then I hope she gets grounded for 40 years.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=19642.msg1269141#msg1269141 date=1241714161]
    She has a boyfriend at home and her prom is this weekend.  Her mom said that she has been looking forward to the prom.  It is hard for me to believe that she is missing that and that she sees her mom all over the news and does not contact her. 

Also, that NY guy might not have hurt her, but if he has info that would help find Britannee and is not talking, I don't see why his attorney doesn't cut a deal with the cops in exchange for that info.
    [/quote] yeah but if she is alive and ran away, she must know that the whole country practically is looking for her. Maybe she now feels like she's in too deep and can't just come back and be like 'just kidding, i'm fine' cause she thinks everyone would be pissed at her.

**Side note- I have read very little of this thread, I just saw stuff about her on tv. So if my response is stupid, well.. whatever :lol:
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=19642.msg1271280#msg1271280 date=1241906142]
    If she is found alive I wonder if they can or would charge her with something. I usually hate when everyone needs to be charged with something, but look at the money being spent on looking for this girl.

I hope she's alive. Then I hope she gets grounded for 40 years.
    [/quote]

i was thinking about this the other day when i saw some comments somewhere about the kids being too scared to talk because they didn't want to get in trouble for drinking. with all of this going on with Brittanee, would cops actually take the time to charge them all with zero tolerance or underage drinking or whatever the charge is ?

[quote author=lalizaa link=topic=19642.msg1271288#msg1271288 date=1241906608]
    i was thinking about this the other day when i saw some comments somewhere about the kids being too scared to talk because they didn't want to get in trouble for drinking. with all of this going on with Brittanee, would cops actually take the time to charge them all with zero tolerance or underage drinking or whatever the charge is ?
    [/quote]

Pfft. No way. I can't imagine that happening. Sometimes I'm wrong, though.  :lol:

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=19642.msg1270001#msg1270001 date=1241759135]
    I think I love you.
    [/quote]

Flattered, but spoken for....

Earlier today, serial masturbator Michael Crook let loose more of his wet, smelly flatulence (which he refers to as "blog posts").  On his rather cheap and gay-looking blog he revealed that he writes emails to himself while pretending to be the missing Drexel girl, apparently to arouse himself before one of his obviously frequent self-love marathons.  For most people that would rate a "wow, that's really f'd-up" but with Crook it barely registers a 1 on the "uh-huh" o-meter.  It is truly hilarious that someone could write such doot and yet still be largely ignored by everyone.  BTW I'd post my various babblings on his faggotized blog but the little clot doesn't allow any real posts there. 

In the unlikely event that she does turn up alive I hereby offer to drive her from Rochester to Absecon to watch her kick his snot-nosed ass into oblivion.  And I'll buy her new shoes afterwards as well.       

i've been keeping up on this case more than any other case so far.. and from looking at a lot of other forums (websleuths, the facebook page, etc) it seems like a lot of people are turning to some psychic. supposedly this psychic believes Brittanee is alive and in Florida. with a biker gang. on crack. (i'm not making this up..)

i only bring this up because i am really curious what everyone thinks of it. i personally can understand the desperation and need to check every single lead, but at the same time i can't help but feel all the psychic talk is deterring from the real investigation.  :|

has anyone had any real success using a psychic ... ?

[quote author=lalizaa link=topic=19642.msg1271472#msg1271472 date=1241921703]
    i've been keeping up on this case more than any other case so far.. and from looking at a lot of other forums (websleuths, the facebook page, etc) it seems like a lot of people are turning to some psychic. supposedly this psychic believes Brittanee is alive and in Florida. with a biker gang. on crack. (i'm not making this up..)

i only bring this up because i am really curious what everyone thinks of it. i personally can understand the desperation and need to check every single lead, but at the same time i can't help but feel all the psychic talk is deterring from the real investigation.  :|

[/quote]

Depends on who you ask. I'm going with no.

[/quote]
    This is a philosophical thing for me.  If the future can be 100% accurately predicted, then it completely negates the concept of free will and marginalizes core human values such as merit. We would all be reduced to nothing more than puppets of fate.  Additionally, I would not want to be told that I was going to brutally murdered, and be completely powerless to avoid it.  Can you imagine how bad that would be?

ETA:
    This discussion could go on and on (and does in other blogs, forums, yahoo groups, etc.)
    Some places would even ban you for bringing up the fatalism objection! People want to have their cake and eat it too, even though metaphysical "free will" and a predictable future are mutually exclusive concepts. Some of the experimental physical models of the universe (such as the one in digital philosophy) indeed say that the future is set in stone and predictable, but the future can't be calculated by a computing device inside the universe faster than the universe makes its calculation itself.  So it breaks up the concept into "existential free-will" and "metaphysical free-will" where the former exists and the latter does not.  This makes several implications regarding the nature of possible higher powers, and what the true culpability of individual humans would be to a god who knew all, past, present, and future before the universe was created.

Holy rollers seem to really hate those kinds of discussions.

Anyway, those were interesting discussions for a while, but got boring pretty quickly
    Ma'am, what is hard to explain about a person breathing or not breathing? what is so difficult? why is that a difficult concept for you?

Well, the funny thing about psychics is that most of the time, they predict the past. 'Her body is in the woods' isn't exactly a prolific vision of the future, it's something that's already happened.

[/quote]

Yes. They just cannot report that a lead was given by those means because it will cause a shit storm. Reputable psychics/RVers are sometimes called upon when all other avenues have been exhausted. They work as private consultants along side the police and they remain in the background, like any other person who is gathering data on a case via conventional methods. With the police, its a sort of "don't ring us, we'll ring you" sort of thing.

Unfortunately, there is also about 30,000 other gypsy tea readers who also ring up harassing the police, claiming they have psychic impressions about a case, when they are in fact simply delusional, or regurgitating things they have read or seen in the media ... which could be the case with this psychic above - seeing as they are conveniently getting these impressions a couple of days after a news story about the bikies descending on Myrtle Beach was doing the rounds (although its a plausible theory, the detail provided is way too vague for me to believe it was derived by psychic means). These ones go straight into the 'fruitcake file'. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. It is these ones that are dangerous to the investigations because they are usually very vocal in public about their perceptions and they can really distort the whole investigation or waste valuable time and resources with their allegations and wild goose chases.

[quote author=hoodat link=topic=19642.msg1271468#msg1271468 date=1241920700]
    Flattered, but spoken for....

Earlier today, serial masturbator Michael Crook let loose more of his wet, smelly flatulence (which he refers to as "blog posts").  On his rather cheap and gay-looking blog he revealed that he writes emails to himself while pretending to be the missing Drexel girl, apparently to arouse himself before one of his obviously frequent self-love marathons.  For most people that would rate a "wow, that's really f'd-up" but with Crook it barely registers a 1 on the "uh-huh" o-meter.  It is truly hilarious that someone could write such doot and yet still be largely ignored by everyone.  BTW I'd post my various babblings on his faggotized blog but the little clot doesn't allow any real posts there. 

In the unlikely event that she does turn up alive I hereby offer to drive her from Rochester to Absecon to watch her kick his snot-nosed ass into oblivion.  And I'll buy her new shoes afterwards as well.       
    [/quote]

Hahaha!!!  You have a gift.

I will chip in for those shoes.

ugh the 'active' search has been suspended. it ended last night. 

[quote author=lalizaa link=topic=19642.msg1269324#msg1269324 date=1241721746]
    was reading up on this on websleuths...

thought some of you might be interested in this!

the first one i clicked was the mom's myspace. which deterred me from looking at at more.  :2eyesbleed: But maybe someone here can find something interesting in one of those.
    [/quote]

Is it just me, or does Mom seem more concerned about her soldier boyfriend than her missing daughter?
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=21574.msg1377077#msg1377077 date=1251870961]<br />You are every kind of fail<br />[/quote]

I think if psychics existed nobody would be missing, no crime would go unsolved and no lottery would go un-won.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=19642.msg1271896#msg1271896 date=1242002429]
    I think if psychics existed nobody would be missing, no crime would go unsolved and no lottery would go un-won.
    [/quote]

I agree... and I didn't always feel that way.

Over the past couple years I have been studying the history about the religion I was raised in, only to learn it's a bunch of half-truths.&nbsp; Three years ago I could have sworn to you that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he was visited by an angel who gave him golden plates to translate so he could start the one true church.&nbsp; I could have given you a tearful testimony that I knew my religion was the only way to reach heaven and be with your family forever.&nbsp; What was I thinking??&nbsp; I don't give myself a hard time about it, because I simply didn't have all the information I needed to make an educated decision as to the truth of the church.&nbsp; I just trusted the leaders and my feelings and followed like a sheep.

Now, I know better.

I also used to believe in Sylvia Browne.&nbsp; Most people know her from her weekly guest spots on the Montel Williams Show.&nbsp; I would DVR every single hour-long episode and watch closely so that I could learn insights into life after death and the paranormal, and I defended her SO MANY TIMES! She was the real deal... haha... Again, what was I thinking?&nbsp; Anyone who really does the research will quickly realize that she has been proven wrong countless times, including the work she has done on high profile cases.

I really believe that people believe in psychics because they need to.&nbsp; Something deep inside them is hurting and needing answers to questions that keep them up at night or shadow their every move.&nbsp; They are reaching out for hope.&nbsp; They are looking for insight.&nbsp; Some of the people who claim they are psychic, especially the ones who charge outrageous fees for their work like Sylvia Browne ($350 an hour the last time I checked) prey on the vulnerable.&nbsp; Not all psychics do this, however.&nbsp; I am not trying to lump them all in one group.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that people who believe in psychics or members of my church are silly or dumb.&nbsp; It's not my intention to hurt any feelings with my analogy.&nbsp; It's just how I feel... just my opinion.

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=19642.msg1272019#msg1272019 date=1242011824]
    I really believe that people believe in psychics because they need to.&nbsp; Something deep inside them is hurting and needing answers to questions that keep them up at night or shadow their every move.&nbsp; They are reaching out for hope.&nbsp; They are looking for insight.&nbsp; Some of the people who claim they are psychic, especially the ones who charge outrageous fees for their work like Sylvia Browne ($350 an hour the last time I checked) prey on the vulnerable.&nbsp; Not all psychics do this, however.&nbsp; I am not trying to lump them all in one group.
    Disclaimer: I am not saying that people who believe in psychics or members of my church are silly or dumb.&nbsp; It's not my intention to hurt any feelings with my analogy.&nbsp; It's just how I feel... just my opinion.
    [/quote]

Not saying that I do or don't believe in psychics-- I'm not sure how I feel either way-- but I've always heard a &quot;true&quot; psychic cannot use their gift for monetary gain.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=21574.msg1377077#msg1377077 date=1251870961]<br />You are every kind of fail<br />[/quote]

[quote author=MeMeMeMe link=topic=19642.msg1272102#msg1272102 date=1242017128]
    Not saying that I do or don't believe in psychics-- I'm not sure how I feel either way-- but I've always heard a &quot;true&quot; psychic cannot use their gift for monetary gain.
    [/quote]

You mean it's impossible or that's just a psychic rule or something? I've seen some shows that make me wonder sometimes, but when it comes down to it, there are way too many mysteries in the world that would be solved if there were people who could 'see' that stuff.

[quote author=MeMeMeMe link=topic=19642.msg1272102#msg1272102 date=1242017128]
    [/quote]

There are tons of people who believe they are psychic that volunteer to work with police agencies for free.&nbsp; Sylvia Browne (sorry, I have done so much research on her it's the obvious choice) often promised to give free readings to family members of missing people... however she ended up charging for it in the end.

Those who claim to be psychic have a built in excuse.&nbsp; If they say, for example, that the body of a missing person is in the desert next to a giant cactus and authorities never find the body (which is likely most of the time) it's not because they were wrong.&nbsp; It's because they were not looking in the right desert, or because wildlife has scattered the body since the vision took place.&nbsp; They are not &quot;wrong&quot; as long as there is some small chance they are right.&nbsp; It's fishy.

I agree with Deeply Shaded, if a true psychic had a vision of where this young girl is they would&nbsp; have found her by now.&nbsp; We would have Osama Bin Laden in custody, Elizabeth Smart wouldn't have been abused for so long, and major disasters would be adverted.&nbsp;

My aunt used to have &quot;visions&quot;, do card readings, stuff like that.&nbsp; According to her, she had no choice in what visions she was going to have, what or who they were about.&nbsp; It was all chance.&nbsp; She felt she had more control over the cards.&nbsp; She won 6 million in the Virginia lottery.
    It was gone within 9 months (mostly on drugs).&nbsp; She refuses to even look at cards now and claims she's out of touch with whatever caused her visions.&nbsp; She's always been kind of a whackjob.&nbsp; I still don't know if I buy any of it.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

There are some legit psychics, they even work with the police in some places. Used to be a show on that I watched, where psychics helped find bodies of loved ones, or solved murders with their visions.&nbsp; Even a small vision can be a BIG clue.

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=19642.msg1272019#msg1272019 date=1242011824]
    I agree... and I didn't always feel that way.

Over the past couple years I have been studying the history about the religion I was raised in, only to learn it's a bunch of half-truths.&nbsp; Three years ago I could have sworn to you that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he was visited by an angel who gave him golden plates to translate so he could start the one true church.&nbsp; I could have given you a tearful testimony that I knew my religion was the only way to reach heaven and be with your family forever.&nbsp; What was I thinking??&nbsp; I don't give myself a hard time about it, because I simply didn't have all the information I needed to make an educated decision as to the truth of the church.&nbsp; I just trusted the leaders and my feelings and followed like a sheep.

Now, I know better.

I also used to believe in Sylvia Browne.&nbsp; Most people know her from her weekly guest spots on the Montel Williams Show.&nbsp; I would DVR every single hour-long episode and watch closely so that I could learn insights into life after death and the paranormal, and I defended her SO MANY TIMES! She was the real deal... haha... Again, what was I thinking?&nbsp; Anyone who really does the research will quickly realize that she has been proven wrong countless times, including the work she has done on high profile cases.

[/quote]

I had a girlfriend of mine that would take the psychic network calls from her home. It was good money, she could set her scehdule and she thought it was funny. She was not psychic, and basically fed people generalities that they wantted to hear.

That being said I could see someone having a true gift out there, I just don't believe that crap they show on The Psychic Detectives.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=19642.msg1272392#msg1272392 date=1242064974]
    I had a girlfriend of mine that would take the psychic network calls from her home. It was good money, she could set her scehdule and she thought it was funny. She was not psychic, and basically fed people generalities that they wantted to hear.

That being said I could see someone having a true gift out there, I just don't believe that crap they show on The Psychic Detectives.
    [/quote]

Just no dissin' my favorite psychic on Paranormal State, I don't know his name, but he's my favorite!!!!!!

Thread Information