Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York found dead 13 years after going missing in Myrtle Beach

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/geor...-carolina-wciv

GEORGETOWN COUNTY, S.C. (WCIV/WPDE) ? Authorities have made an arrest after locating the remains of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel, who went missing from Myrtle Beach in 2009.

Georgetown County Sheriff Carter Weaver confirmed the discovery during a press conference on Monday afternoon from the Georgetown County Judicial Center, during which he announced the arrest.

Authorities accused Raymond Moody Monday of burying a deceased Drexel. His charges include rape, murder and kidnapping, and he is in custody, according to officials.

The previous week, human remains were found during a search effort in a wooded area close to the Harmony Township subdivision. Officials said dental records confirmed the remains belonged to Drexel.

Days earlier, Moody had been jailed on an obstruction of justice charge. Moody was previously identified as a person of interest in Drexel's disappearance, though law enforcement had said in the past that there was not enough evidence to name him as a suspect.

The search, which resulted in the discovery of the remains, happened approximately 2.5 miles from a motel where Moody had been living when Drexel went missing.

The teen, a Rochester, New York native, was visiting family members in South Carolina when she disappeared.

Several law enforcement agencies were represented at the press conference. Speakers included Sheriff Weaver, Myrtle Beach Police Chief Amy Prock, FBI special agent in charge Susan Ferensic, 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.

?We mourn with you and pray with you as you cope with the tragedies of 13 years ago. No one deserves to go through this, and our heart goes out to you,? Sheriff Weaver said.

Chief Prock called the day bittersweet as authorities were able to bring some sense of closure to Drexel's loved ones.

Richardson confirmed that Moody does not currently have a bond for the new charges.

Drexel's parents, Chad Drexel and Dawn Pleckan, also spoke from the podium, asking for privacy at this time. They did note that there would be celebrations of life in both Rochester and Myrtle Beach in the future.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I am so happy her family finally has answers and is able to bury her.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Teen raped, shot & fed to alligators

A 17-year-old girl who vanished outside a South Carolina resort in 2009 was gang-raped before she was murdered and fed to alligators, according to an explosive new report citing an FBI agent?s testimony.

An inmate who claims to have witnessed Brittanee Drexel?s final moments recently spoke out about the teen?s death in a stirring jailhouse confessional, according to a federal court transcript obtained by the Post and Courier.
    FBI Agent Gerrick Munoz testified last week that inmate Taquan Brown, who is serving a 25-year sentence for voluntary manslaughter, said that just days after the Rochester, New York, teen vanished outside Myrtle Beach?s BlueWater Resort, he saw her being held in a ?stash house? in McClellanville, South Carolina. It?s the same town, located about 60 miles south of Myrtle Beach, where authorities said her cell phone gave off its last ping.

The agent said that Brown alleged that in the house, Brown saw several men, including Timothy Da?Shaun Taylor, who was 16 at the time, ?sexually abusing Brittanee Drexel.?
    Brown said he met Taylor?s father, Shaun Taylor, at the house and gave him money, according to the FBI testimony cited by the Post and Courier. Brown also said Drexel was ?pistol-whipped? for trying to escape, and then he heard two gunshots. Brown assumed that Shaun Taylor shot the girl. He alleged that the teen?s body was later wrapped up and removed from the property.

The FBI agent testified that several witnesses have since said that Drexel?s ?body was placed in a pit, or gator pit, to have her body disposed of. Eaten by the gators,? according to the Post and Courier?s report.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b085c1ff2a1e54
    So this was all a lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    So this was all a lie?
    When it comes to Brittanee, I think so. It makes you wonder if it was true, who is the other girl/woman?

Wasn't she last seen partying with some dudes who were originally suspects? Crazy to find out they were totally innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

He was first identified as a suspect in 2012. Rachy posted about him 2/2012. So I wonder why they gravitated away from him toward the other suspect? He looks a lot different in that picture on Rachy's post.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-20-2022 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    He was first identified as a suspect in 2012. Rachy posted about him 2/2012. So I wonder why they gravitated away from him toward the other suspect? He looks a lot different in that picture on Rachy's post.
    Wow, that is interesting. I wonder what took them so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    The father of Brittanee Drexel responded Monday to new details about his daughter's murder, including the name of a suspect and gruesome details in court papers about how Brittanee was killed.

Reports published Friday stated an FBI agent testified about an inmate's account of Brittanee's kidnapping. According to the report, a federal court transcript shows the agent describing the testimony of a prison inmate who has knowledge that Drexel was kidnapped in July 2009 while in Myrtle Beach, then was gang-raped, shot, then her dead body was put into a swamp filled with alligators near McClellanville, South Carolina.

Chad Drexel, Brittanee's father, says he hired private investigators and has proof linking Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor to Brittanee's murder. He criticized family members of Da'Shaun Taylor for claiming he is innocent.

Drexel said the FBI and private investigators had shared some of this information with him and Brittanee's mother, Dawn, earlier in the investigation.

In the statement, Chad added that he knows "other specific evidence that [he] can NOT disclose at this time...which corroborates these testimonies." The family has additional information and evidence, Chad states, that they are "unable to disclose at this time."

The full statement can be read below:

I would like to set the record STRAIGHT with a STRONG REPLY to Joan Taylor's comments to the Post Courier in South Carolina this past Friday.
    Based on evidence the FBI and the Myrtle Beach Police department has gathered, along with FACTS and SPECIFIC INFORMATION gathered from a team of Private Investigators that I HIRED to work with local law enforcement actively during the case (which will SOON COME TO LIGHT) ? we have no doubt Timothy Da?Shaun Taylor played a significant role in the abduction and murder of my daughter.
    Of course the mother of Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor is going to defend her son ? as a father I can understand a need to defend your children. What I DON?T understand is defending your children when you must KNOW the truth. Her assumptions and words stated have been verified INCORRECT and couldn?t be farther from the TRUTH. We know Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor was witnessed by others (Witnesses NOT IN JAIL) with my daughter ? we are just praying that they do the RIGHT thing and stop forward with what they know. Additionally he has been seen and followed to the EXACT area where my daughter's DNA was found. Joan Taylor claimed that the FBI and government are falsely accusing her son because of witnesses IN JAIL?! Well, we have other specific evidence, that I can NOT disclose at this time for the safety of my daughters case, which corroborates these testimonies!! Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor is KNOWN to be involved in dog fighting, bringing drugs to parties, and raping women (mostly Caucasian young women) he either picks up UNWILLINGLY or friends of friends that end up being drugged and taken there. This IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!! There is a TON more "EVIDENCE and HORRIBLE INFO" we would like the PUBLIC in that area be aware of for their safety, but we are unable to disclose at this time.
    WITHOUT A DOUBT ..........Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor is a suspect in my daughter's Disappearance and Murder! My family and I will be following the FBI's requests to keep specific details in our daughter?s case under wrap until THIS HORRIBLE PIECE OF TRASH goes to Prison for Life. After the guilty verdict, we will be happy to dispel these fairy tales that are being spun by Timothy?s family. It is disgraceful the way this FAMILY and their FRIENDS are supporting and claiming innocence of a "PROVEN" FELON without even looking at the evidence presented and the FACTS surrounding the case.
    Also adding this PIECE OF TRASH photo so everyone can see WHO HE IS!
    Please keep our family and our Brittanee in your prayers!
    Chad Drexel
    Father of Brittanee M Drexel

http://13wham.com/news/top-stories/d...rs-rape-murder
    They owe this family a apology. Smfh I understand why they felt the way that they felt but they still refuse to believe that this family didn't have anything to do with her death.

I wonder why the father is so convinced Taylor was involved. His statement, in my opinion, was inappropriate based on the fact there has been an arrest of someone else in the murder of his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I wonder why the father is so convinced Taylor was involved. His statement, in my opinion, was inappropriate based on the fact there has been an arrest of someone else in the murder of his daughter.
    I have no idea. I don't know how true it is but I've ran across post from people who know the family, and they still aren't willing discount the alligator story. Even after this dude reveled where the remains were. The answer was right there all along. Her phone pinged in the area not far from her remains. This case could have been solved years ago if the FBI and the lying ass informant hadn't muddied the waters. I remember when she first went missing.

I have no idea. I don't know how true it is but I've ran across post from people who know the family, and they still aren't willing discount the alligator story. Even after this dude reveled where the remains were. The answer was right there all along. Her phone pinged in the area not far from her remains. This case could have been solved years ago if the FBI and the lying ass informant hadn't muddied the waters. I remember when she first went missing.
    Truth. Maybe the father became so enraged by the one story, which has totally changed his foresight. Even after his daughter's body has been found.

I just wonder why they didn't focus more on this guy back in 2012? It seems like they had evidence then. And what changed now?

I just wonder why they didn't focus more on this guy back in 2012? It seems like they had evidence then. And what changed now?
    He did give up where her body was. Maybe he confessed?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He did give up where her body was. Maybe he confessed?
    But why did they come back around to question him now is my point? They seemed pretty focused on that other guy.

But why did they come back around to question him now is my point? They seemed pretty focused on that other guy.
    I wonder if he told someone about it and they came forward?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Cases like this never go to trial. They always plead guilty. I just want to know why they didn't arrest him years ago and why the FBI did all that they did.

Did y'all know that the Black boy the FBI tried to pin this on has one arm? The dude lost his arm at 4. This is pre-1970's southern racist play. My dude can't even play baseball, but they actually believed an inmates fantasy stories about a one arm dude committing murder. I've known a lot of handicap people, but those with one arm or no legs tend to not be too violent. They really can't defend themselves. Paraplegics though will fight you.

Here's more on Moody from his former boyfriend. He wrote a book and has info it on him.

Here's more on Moody from his former boyfriend. He wrote a book and has info it on him.
    I don't understand any of this. They had this guy early on in the investigation? WTF made them turn away from him and go for this other guy?

I don't understand any of this. They had this guy early on in the investigation? WTF made them turn away from him and go for this other guy?
    It is horrible. Clearly they focused on the far-fetched story instead of the obvious.

He gave power of attorney to his lawyer and confessed.. Maybe he's dying. Over on Webslueths they're still trying to link Moody and the Black dude. They just can not let that go.

He gave power of attorney to his lawyer and confessed.. Maybe he's dying. Over on Webslueths they're still trying to link Moody and the Black dude. They just can not let that go.

His "boyfriend" got with him after knowing he raped 6 young girls. Sick.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    His "boyfriend" got with him after knowing he raped 6 young girls. Sick.
    He's still with the woman that he was with when he raped and killed Britanee, and she's staying by his side. Smfh they're all sick.

Thread Information