Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York found dead 13 years after going missing in Myrtle Beach

Re: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York Missing - Myrtle Beach

[quote author=trepid link=topic=19642.msg1269174#msg1269174 date=1241715749]
    That is very possible. I don't know, this case just really unsettles me for some reason. I keep checking back to see if there is any updates. I really fear for this girl's safety because of the phone thing, the mysterious way she just literally vanished without a trace (without any of her possessions) and the fact that her bank accounts have not been touched despite being replenished by her mother.

Her photo actually makes me feel very distressed. She's just a baby, I don't think she is capable of leading an independent existence, even though she obviously craved independence and freedom. If there was a divorce going on, I get why she may of taken flight during spring break to go kick up her heels elsewhere and forget the problems at home for awhile, but I also feel she still relies heavily on her parents ... she still needs her mum

I really hope there is a break on this soon and I hope it does prove to be just a run-away sitution.

... just a quick question, is that area near the Charleston County line and U.S 17 like water mills/ timber mill/ pine forest sort of country?

[/quote]

There's a Timber mill in Georgetown which is right beside Charleston County on US 17.  It's all on the coast.  US 17 runs North from North Carolina down the SC coast from North Myrtle Beach to Charleston.  And yes, even though Georgetown is incorporated, there is a lot of rural surrounding areas.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=19642.msg1269229#msg1269229 date=1241717919]
    What if he really doesn't know anything?
    [/quote]

The article doesn't say that he doesn't know anything, it says that he is not speaking.  If I didn't know anything, I would at least speak to the authorities and try to cooperate to the best of my ability.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=19642.msg1269229#msg1269229 date=1241717919]
    What if he really doesn't know anything?
    [/quote]

he has to know something. he was the last person to see her. he at least knows more than anyone else involved, including the police. and even if he didn't kill her, he knows SOMETHING. yeah he may be guilty of some lesser crime than murder or he might be scared to talk for whatever reason ... but he's gonna be in a lot more trouble if a body turns up. (which i think is bound to happen soon)   :|

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=19642.msg1268920#msg1268920 date=1241687846]
    Agreed. That's why I was like, his reason for not talking probably has more to do with 'I don't want to get in trouble for abetting a runaway or sexing a youth' so his lawyer told him to STFU. It doesn't have to be like, I killed her and ate her body.
    It's possible that her parents blowing this shit up makes her even less inclined to return home, because of the trouble she's in.
    [/quote]

She's prolly like, ZOMG MOM!!! How embarrassing! I'm SO never coming home!

I also think she ditched her old phone, and is now using a new one.  Someone probably went and got her one.

i just find it really hard to believe that she is just a runaway. especially since her prom was this weekend... high school girls don't fuck around with prom.

although i guess nothing would surprise me at this point. 

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=19642.msg1269246#msg1269246 date=1241718357]
    She's prolly like, ZOMG MOM!!! How embarrassing! I'm SO never coming home!

I also think she ditched her old phone, and is now using a new one.  Someone probably went and got her one.
    [/quote]
    Or not bother with one. People survive without them.
    And as for Prom, if she's freaking out and having a breakdown and getting wasted with other guys, she probably doesn't give a shit.

I just think it's silly to show up at this kid's house with pitchforks and shotguns before we have any idea if she's even more than a runaway.

[quote author=lalizaa link=topic=19642.msg1269251#msg1269251 date=1241718538]
    i just find it really hard to believe that she is just a runaway. especially since her prom was this weekend... high school girls don't fuck around with prom.

although i guess nothing would surprise me at this point. 
    [/quote]

I couldn't have cared less about our prom. If she had her dress and shit, that's one thing, otherwise, not every girl goes to prom. Ugh, prom.

Who knows what was going on at home.  I think a majority of us have runaway stories, tho not like this one. My feeling is that she likes it down there, plans to stay.  She can get her G.E.D.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=19642.msg1269257#msg1269257 date=1241718889]
    Or not bother with one. People survive without them.
    And as for Prom, if she's freaking out and having a breakdown and getting wasted with other guys, she probably doesn't give a shit.

I just think it's silly to show up at this kid's house with pitchforks and shotguns before we have any idea if she's even more than a runaway.
    [/quote]

But...do TEENS live without cell phones these days?  :lol:

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=19642.msg1269261#msg1269261 date=1241719144]
    I couldn't have cared less about our prom. If she had her dress and shit, that's one thing, otherwise, not every girl goes to prom. Ugh, prom.

Who knows what was going on at home.  I think a majority of us have runaway stories, tho not like this one. My feeling is that she likes it down there, plans to stay.  She can get her G.E.D.
    [/quote]

Her mom said that she was excited about the prom.

There are a lot of runaways who find a haven in Myrtle Beach.  You don't hear about them on the news though.  I know at first I thought this was a runaway case, but the more I hear from her family, I just don't think it is.  It reminds me a lot of the Natalie Calloway story.

[size=12pt]
    Boyfriend: Missing Teen Still Alive
    Says Spring Breaker Wasn't Suicidal, Wouldn't Run Away, Likely Met With Foul Play
    [/size]

NEW YORK, May 7, 2009

Seventeen-year-old Brittanee Drexel, of Rochester, N.Y., went missing in Myrtle Beach, S.C. while vacationing with friends on April 25, 2009.  (CBS)

(CBS)  John Greico refutes many of the theories surrounding the disappearance of his girlfriend, Brittanee Drexel.

He says he doesn't think Drexel's problems at home or depression caused the 17-year-old spring breaker to vanish nearly two weeks ago in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

Both are from Rochester, N.Y.

"That is something that I really want to get out to the nation, that she didn't run away," Greico told Early Show news anchor, Russ Mitchell, on Thursday. "This is not a runaway case, and it should not be handled like a runaway case."

And he says he still believes -- 12 days after her disappearance -- that Brittanee is alive.

"I speak for myself, my family, and her family, we miss her terribly. And we're going to do everything in our power to bring her home safely," Grieco said. " ... We all love her with all of our hearts."

Grieco told CBS News Drexel was going through a lot when she traveled to Myrtle Beach without her parents' permission: Her parents were getting divorced, she had her own relationship issues, and her family was losing their home.

Grieco said she needed the trip to clear her head.

Drexel told her mother she was going to stay the weekend a friend's house.

"I knew she was going," Greico said. "It was only for three days, so I wasn't concerned -- I never thought anything could happen in three days."

Grieco himself has taken two trips to Myrtle Beach to search for Drexel and follow leads -- many of which have now gone cold.

"I can't stand to be in Rochester without her," he said. "It is more like a marriage. I miss her. I was going through my voicemails, and there was one of her yelling at me, and I even miss her yelling at me."

Grieco says something must have gone wrong, but he doesn't think suicide should even be considered.

"She definitely met with foul play," he said. "I think somebody saw her walking and offered her a ride and she got in the car with the wrong person."

Grieco said the police have leads that they won't discuss, so as not to ruin the investigation.

"(The police) are giving us a positive vibe, so we are hoping that the outcome is also positive." Grieco said. "(Brittanee) is a fighter. If anybody of going to survive this she will."

The last person known to have been with Brittanee is Peter Broswick, a high school friend she went to visit in another hotel that night. Police named him a "person of interest" in the case.

Drexel is described as five feet tall, weighing 103 pounds. She has brown, shoulder-length, straight hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a multi-colored striped shirt, black shorts, and silver flip-flop sandals. She was also seen holding red flip-flop sandals in a surveillance video.

If you have any information about Brittanee Drexel's possible whereabouts, contact the Myrtle Beach Police Department at (843) 918-1382. Anyone with pictures or videos from 11 South and 20 Ocean Blvd. between 8:45 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. on April 25, is urged to contact police. Crime Stoppers is now offering a $1,000 reward to anyone with information in the case.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/07/earlyshow/main4998169.shtml

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=19642.msg1269279#msg1269279 date=1241719979]

There are a lot of runaways who find a haven in Myrtle Beach.  You don't hear about them on the news though.  I know at first I thought this was a runaway case, but the more I hear from her family, I just don't think it is.  It reminds me a lot of the Natalie Calloway story.

[/quote]

Who?

lawl. I kid.

That's the girl that was killed with a golf club?

"I can't stand to be in Rochester without her," he said. "It is more like a marriage. I miss her. I was going through my voicemails, and there was one of her yelling at me, and I even miss her yelling at me."
    aw how sad.  
    granted i still think she's dead, the things the bf mentioned- her parents getting a divorce, her family losing their home, etc- put some weight behind the theory she just ran away to get away from it all. then again it seems her and her mom were close, and I for one couldn't imagine willingly leaving my mom alone to deal with all of that on her own. my mom would be lost without me  :-(

i think his scenario sounds most likely.. she was seen walking along and someone stopped to pick her up. or something. i think she met with foul play for sure. i think it is sweet that he believes that scenario AND believes she is still alive. i sure hope he's right.

and i noticed how her mom replenished her bank account. don't you guys think if she was alive, she would find some way to get that money? i remember reading somewhere that when she first left on the trip she only had like 100 dollars on her. so many unanswered questions. i REALLY hope this case doesn't end up one of those that never gets updates and keeps running into dead ends.  

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=19642.msg1269279#msg1269279 date=1241719979]

[/quote]

But her mom also had no idea she'd skipped town. Seems like her mom didn't know very much that was going on with her.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=19642.msg1269287#msg1269287 date=1241720371]
    That's the girl that was killed with a golf club?
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=19642.msg1269294#msg1269294 date=1241720728]
    But her mom also had no idea she'd skipped town. Seems like her mom didn't know very much that was going on with her.
    [/quote]

personally i think it would have been much easier for me in high school to sneak behind my mom's back and skip town for the weekend than it would be to fake being excited for prom. just because she was able to lie a little bit and trick her mom into trusting her about where she would be that weekend, does not mean that her mom didn't know very much what was going on with her...  :|

i don't really think being excited about prom is something she would lie about.. UNLESS it was all just part of an elaborate scheme and Brittanee had been planning this escape for weeks!

[quote author=lalizaa link=topic=19642.msg1269302#msg1269302 date=1241721027]
    personally i think it would have been much easier for me in high school to sneak behind my mom's back and skip town for the weekend than it would be to fake being excited for prom. just because she was able to lie a little bit and trick her mom into trusting her about where she would be that weekend, does not mean that her mom didn't know very much what was going on with her...  :|

i don't really think being excited about prom is something she would lie about.. UNLESS it was all just part of an elaborate scheme and Brittanee had been planning this escape for weeks!
    [/quote]

Could be. In the day of the Internet, maybe she met someone online, maybe she's not even in the country anymore. Till she's found, I'll hide within my shell of "she's a runaway" 

[quote author=lalizaa link=topic=19642.msg1269302#msg1269302 date=1241721027]

[/quote]
    I dunno. If a parent isn't really paying attention to what the kid wants and is like, it's easy for them to just tell themselves, "Oh she is as excited as I was because this is something young girls love!' Like, she was obviously not very dedicated to this boyfriend. I know tons of kids whose moms in high school didn't know them AT ALL but thought they did.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=19642.msg1269294#msg1269294 date=1241720728]
    [/quote]

My sister used to do shit like that all the time in high school.  Brit had people covering for her.  Doesn't mean that her mom didn't know much that was going on with her.

[quote author=intrigued1csc link=topic=19642.msg1269295#msg1269295 date=1241720795]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    [/quote]

Holloway.

was reading up on this on websleuths...

thought some of you might be interested in this!

Brittanee Marie Drexel -17- missing child
    Dawn D. -36- mother - www.myspace.com/bemibabe
    Chad D. -37- adopted father - www.myspace.com/173449572
    John K. -32- birth father - www.myspace.com/johnkahyaoglu
    Michael W. -34- moms current bf - www.myspace.com/mdwpatriot
    John G. -19- Britt's bf - www.myspace.com/69123240
    John H. -20- friend of the Drexels who filed police report - www.myspace.com/hahn83
    Tarah V.F. -19- Friend of Britt's who started Facebook group - www.myspace.com/xotarahxo

those on the trip to MB
    Boys:
    Peter B. -20- www.myspace.com/peteybroz
    Philip W. -20- www.myspace.com/73047125
    Keith C. -19- www.myspace.com/80164512
    Viet N. -19- www.myspace.com/vietphunguyen
    Ugur O. -20- www.myspace.com/our17
    Phil O. -22- www.myspace.com/lebronjr3
    Khalid S. -19- www.myspace.com/roccity
    Anthony H. -19- www.myspace.com/applejuicedifset
    Louie D'A. -
    Nico C. -
    Matthew A. -

Girls:
    Jennifer O. -20- www.myspace.com/nj122104 - http://www.myspace.com/x3_jennn
    Lindsay Q -
    Alanna L.
    the first one i clicked was the mom's myspace. which deterred me from looking at at more.  :2eyesbleed: But maybe someone here can find something interesting in one of those.

Hmmm.  Was Brittanee not allowed to have myspace or something?    I'm still thinking she's on her own and happy. Prolly not happy she's all over the damned news, but nevertheless happy.

[quote author=lalizaa link=topic=19642.msg1269324#msg1269324 date=1241721746]
    was reading up on this on websleuths...

thought some of you might be interested in this!

the first one i clicked was the mom's myspace. which deterred me from looking at at more.  :2eyesbleed: But maybe someone here can find something interesting in one of those.
    [/quote]

Good find.  I posted the mom's myspace earlier.  It froze my computer.  :2eyesbleed:

I'm pretty sure she had a facebook. if you search her it comes up with the Missing page made for her, as well as another one which I think is hers..

i just joined the facebook group

Brittanee Marie Drexel -17- missing child
    Dawn D. -36- mother - www.myspace.com/bemibabe
    Chad D. -37- adopted father - www.myspace.com/173449572
    John K. -32- birth father - www.myspace.com/johnkahyaoglu
    Michael W. -34- moms current bf - www.myspace.com/mdwpatriot
    John G. -19- Britt's bf - www.myspace.com/69123240
    John H. -20- friend of the Drexels who filed police report - www.myspace.com/hahn83
    Tarah V.F. -19- Friend of Britt's who started Facebook group - www.myspace.com/xotarahxo

those on the trip to MB
    Boys:
    Peter B. -20- www.myspace.com/peteybroz
    Philip W. -20- www.myspace.com/73047125
    Keith C. -19- www.myspace.com/80164512
    Viet N. -19- www.myspace.com/vietphunguyen
    Ugur O. -20- www.myspace.com/our17
    Phil O. -22- www.myspace.com/lebronjr3
    Khalid S. -19- www.myspace.com/roccity
    Anthony H. -19- www.myspace.com/applejuicedifset
    Louie D'A. -
    Nico C. -
    Matthew A. -

Girls:
    Jennifer O. -20- www.myspace.com/nj122104 - http://www.myspace.com/x3_jennn
    Lindsay Q -
    Alanna L.
    32 would make Brittanee's birth father only 15 when she was born.  Has anyone else noticed this?

[quote author=hollisann link=topic=19642.msg1269345#msg1269345 date=1241722894]
    32 would make Brittanee's birth father only 15 when she was born.  Has anyone else noticed this?
    [/quote]

And her mother probably guilty of statutory rape. But maybe not. Weird laws for that age group.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=19642.msg1269347#msg1269347 date=1241722966]
    And her mother probably guilty of statutory rape. But maybe not. Weird laws for that age group.
    [/quote]
    It would make her guilty here in NY, they're actually pretty strict with the statutory rape laws in this part of the state.

How old is the mom again?  I am afraid to look at the mom's myspace again. 

Also, the dad is a hottie.  I saw him on t.v. this morning.

Thread Information