Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York found dead 13 years after going missing in Myrtle Beach

17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York found dead 13 years after going missing in Myrtle Beach

By Aisha Khan
    WBTW Reporter
    Published: April 27, 2009

MYRTLE BEACH - The mother of a missing New York state high school student is asking anyone who may have seen her daughter to contact police.

Myrtle Beach Police are searching for 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel, of Rochester, NY. According to a police report, she was last seen around 8 p.m. Saturday.

Dawn Drexel drove from New York on Monday to come to Myrtle Beach to look for her missing daughter, 17-year-old Britannee Marie Drexel. She spoke exclusively to News 13's Aisha Khan on the events that led up to the disappearance and her efforts to find her daughter.

Her mother, Dawn Drexel, says Brittanee is a junior at Gates Chili High School in Rochester, and was in Myrtle Beach with a group of older friends. Dawn Drexel says her daughter did not have her permission to travel to Myrtle Beach.

"I last talked to her Saturday around two o'clock. Her boyfriend spoke to her around eight o'clock," Drexel said.

"She sent a text message to one of her friends around 9:15 p.m. and said she was going to see another friend who was staying at another hotel. She never came back," Drexel said. It's been almost 48 hours, and I'm really worried. We need everyone to be looking out for her."

John Hahn a friend of Drexel's family and a Marine stationed at Camp LeJeune, NC, contacted police on the family's behalf to report her missing. Hanh drove down to Myrtle Beach to help Dawn Drexel and her parents look for the missing teen.

"I've been friends with Britannee for a really really long time, we are very close friends. I'm trying to pray for the best but prepare for the worst," said Hahn.

Hahn and Drexel both tell News 13 that it is very unlike Brittanee to not keep in contact with family or friends. Drexel added that she has a bad feeling about what may have happened to her daughter.

"It's horrible because all I can think about is that someone could've taken her, someone could've taken her out of state she could be laying dead somewhere. She is my first born and it's just tearing me up inside, I'm just very very upset," said Drexel.

"I know for a fact that she wouldn't just pack up and leave, leaving all of her belongings behind and not calling anybody," said Hahn.

According to the report, Drexel was staying with a group of friends at the Bar Harbor Hotel, 1010 N. Ocean Blvd. Since her disappearance, the group moved to the Boardwalk Hotel, located at 2301 N. Ocean Blvd.

Authorities handed out printed flyers of Brittanee's picture to the beach's watch patrol. Crews there said they are pretty heavily staffed at this time of the year, which makes it easy to do a search of any missing persons.

"With the water being as cold as it is and temperatures dropping at night it's you know it's very unlikely that she went for a swim or anything of that nature. We haven't had any leads or any luck, we've been going up to different patrons doing pretty much everything that we can do out here to make sure she is not out on the beach or if she is we would definitely have found her by now," said beach manager Wesley Cox.

With the water being as cold as it is and temperatures dropping at night, it's very unlikely that she went for a swim or anything of that nature.

Drexel is described as 5-feet tall, weighing 103 pounds. She has brown, shoulder-length, straight hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a multi-colored striped shirt, black shorts, and flip-flop sandals. She reportedly suffers from depression.

Police entered Drexel's description into the National Crime Information Center database on Sunday.

Anyone with information on Drexel's disappearance or whereabouts should contact the Myrtle Beach Police Department at (843) 918-1382.

Stay with News 13 and scnow.com for more on this story as details become available.

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/...rk_teen/46665/
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 05-09-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: For easier reading - removed formatting/posting errors due to vBulletin forum transition.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Re: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York Missing - Myrtle Beach

Pretty girl.  Hope she is safe.

um......why would it take her mom more than 24 hours to decide to drive to where her daughter disappeared from???? and who is this john hahn guy?????? he heard of her disappearance before the mama??? idk, seems weird to me

[quote author=sunny28079 link=topic=19642.msg1260984#msg1260984 date=1240931613]
    um......why would it take her mom more than 24 hours to decide to drive to where her daughter disappeared from???? and who is this john hahn guy?????? he heard of her disappearance before the mama??? idk, seems weird to me
    [/quote]

Where did it say he knew about it before Mom? And when did Mom find out she was missing? She went off to Myrtle Beach without permission. Mom may not have been notified right away and then might have thought she was off with friends and would show up.

She has beautiful eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I tried to find an article, or at least part of an article stating that Hahn knew of the disappearance before the mother. I did hear that on this morning's news though. They said he called her to notify her of Brittanee's disappearance.

I'll keep looking!

mydeathspace

I think this one will be found alive in a motel room with a convicted sex offender.

I was spot on with the Sarah Cantu case, so I thought I'd try to guess the outcome of this case as well.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19642.msg1261183#msg1261183 date=1240950144]
    I think this one will be found alive in a motel room with a convicted sex offender.

I was spot on with the Sarah Cantu case, so I thought I'd try to guess the outcome of this case as well.
    [/quote]

if you are right, I would start a psychic hotline for money.

I looked for a myspace for this girl, but didn't find one. 

[quote author=socalj link=topic=19642.msg1261179#msg1261179 date=1240950084]
    I tried to find an article, or at least part of an article stating that Hahn knew of the disappearance before the mother. I did hear that on this morning's news though. They said he called her to notify her of Brittanee's disappearance.

I'll keep looking!
    [/quote]

Was he where she is at?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=19642.msg1261205#msg1261205 date=1240950955]
    Was he where she is at?
    [/quote]

Mind you I was functioning on less than half a cup of coffee at the time. I seem to recall that Hahn called the mother to notify her. Still checking up on this.

She has a Facebook page.  Just search for her name.

Webster man questioned in case of missing Chili teen

Police are now questioning a Webster man in the disappearance of a Chili teen, missing in Myrtle Beach.

Peter Brozowitz is 20-years-old and lives with his parents in Webster. CNN is reporting that he checked out of his hotel around 2 a.m. the night Brittannee Drexel went missing.

Brozowitz was in Myrtle Beach this past weekend with his friends Phillip Watson, Matthew Abrams and Keith Cummings, all from Rochester.

Drexel, 17, a junior at Gates-Chili High School, was in Myrtle Beach without her mother’s permission.

According to Brozowitz’s attorney, John Parrinello, Brozowitz met Drexel at a party last Saturday and was later at his hotel room with his friends.

Parrinello says Drexel left his client’s room to return to her girlfriends’ hotel, but hasn’t been heard from since.

Brittanee’s mother, Dawn Drexel, has traveled from Chili to Myrtle Beach, handing out flyers, hoping that someone has seen her daughter.

“Either someone has picked her up or she's not alive,” Dawn Drexel said. “In my heart of hearts that's how I feel because I know it's not like my daughter to do this.”

As for Brozowitz, Parrinello says he is fully cooperating with police in Myrtle Beach and with the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, which is now helping on this case.

He says Brozowitz is worried about Brittanee and hired an attorney because he has been inundated with calls from the media.

"It is certainly unfair to him if anybody implies or suspects him of having done anything wrong with respect to Brittanee,” Parrinello said.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website, www.whec.com.
    http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S904034.shtml?cat=566

Peter has a MySpace  (private)  Mood is rejuvenated.

http://www.myspace.com/peteybroz
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Brittanee's mom's myspace: 
    http://www.myspace.com/bemibabe

Have we figured out where Chauncy is yet.  Just sayin 
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=19642.msg1261713#msg1261713 date=1241014341]
    Have we figured out where Chauncy is yet.  Just sayin 
    [/quote]

starting fires and picking up underage womens?

Brittanee is my friend's fiancee's niece.  Their family is pretty devastated.  I hope they find her safe, but it's not looking very good.  :-(

According to the ABC affiliate in Myrtle Beach, WPDE, missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel may have been seen.

Myrtle Beach police searched an area Wednesday morning after someone reported seeing Drexel get off a bus there.

Around 8:35 a.m. Wednesday, maids on a county bus in Myrtle Beach reported seeing a girl fitting Drexel’s description getting off a bus on North Ocean Boulevard.  This is the same area where she was last seen.

Police showed the women a picture of Drexel and they identified her as the girl on the bus.

Officers canvassed the area searching for Drexel and remain in the area completing an intensive search, but she still hasn't been found. They are going through beach accesses in the area and visiting businesses to distribute fliers with Drexel's photo.

Drexel, 17, was reported missing early Sunday while visiting the area.

13WHAM’s Sean Carroll is in Myrtle Beach investigating this and any other new information in the case.  We’ll bring you latest information as it becomes available.
    http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Missing-Chili-Girl-Reported-Sighted/BoaHG7LYD0eq9Gh6z2F0sA.cspx

I have a feeling that this girl is a runaway.  Why would she go to MB without her mom's permission?

I hope she is found ok.  Myrtle Beach is a haven for runaways. 

[quote author=hollisann link=topic=19642.msg1261755#msg1261755 date=1241017780]
    Brittanee is my friend's fiancee's niece.  Their family is pretty devastated.  I hope they find her safe, but it's not looking very good.   :-(
    [/quote]
    I'm so sorry.  I also have a feeling she is a runaway.  Sending good thoughts she is found safe and sound 

mydeathspace

[quote author=dogday link=topic=19642.msg1261636#msg1261636 date=1240997420]
    Webster man questioned in case of missing Chili teen

[/quote]

Guido?

Nice collar dude.  :lol:

[quote author=dogday link=topic=19642.msg1261636#msg1261636 date=1240997420]

[/quote]

That's not a dude, thats a [s]really[/s] kind of butch lesbian.

I hate it when guys have prettier eyelashes than me.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=19642.msg1261845#msg1261845 date=1241022210]
    I have a feeling that this girl is a runaway.  Why would she go to MB without her mom's permission?

I hope she is found ok.  Myrtle Beach is a haven for runaways. 
    [/quote]
    She was on a spring break trip with some of her friends - her mom told her she couldn't go, but she went anyhow.

I hope she's a runaway. Going somewhere new can be interesting for a bit, and I just hope that's it.

[quote author=hollisann link=topic=19642.msg1261885#msg1261885 date=1241024541]
    She was on a spring break trip with some of her friends - her mom told her she couldn't go, but she went anyhow.
    [/quote]

That's why I think she may have run away.  She seems the rebellious type.  She probably found some kids to hang with and is having such a good time that she doesn't want to go home yet.  I hope that is what is going on.

There are a lot of runaway kids and other kids whose parents quite frankly don't care where their teens are who live in Myrtle.  The Boulevard is a haven for them.  They can find work where they get paid under the table.  There are also a lot of scene kids.  I used to have some kids that would come to my apartment when I was single and living the life in Myrtle.  I would be like um no, underage kids aren't coming to my house to party.  I will feed them but they can't stay.

There was an article in the news not too long ago where one of the strip clubs hired a 15 year old runaway to strip.  The girl finally turned herself in.
    http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/844988.html

Whatever the case, I hope that Brittanee is found safe and returns home very soon.

Thread Information