Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York found dead 13 years after going missing in Myrtle Beach

Re: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York Missing - Myrtle Beach

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=19642.msg1260730#msg1260730 date=1240886879]
    By Aisha Khan
    WBTW Reporter
    Published: April 27, 2009

MYRTLE BEACH - The mother of a missing New York state high school student is asking anyone who may have seen her daughter to contact police.

Myrtle Beach Police are searching for 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel, of Rochester, NY. According to a police report, she was last seen around 8 p.m. Saturday.

Dawn Drexel drove from New York on Monday to come to Myrtle Beach to look for her missing daughter, 17-year-old Britannee Marie Drexel. She spoke exclusively to News 13’s Aisha Khan on the events that led up to the disappearance and her efforts to find her daughter.

Her mother, Dawn Drexel, says Brittanee is a junior at Gates Chili High School in Rochester, and was in Myrtle Beach with a group of older friends. Dawn Drexel says her daughter did not have her permission to travel to Myrtle Beach.

“I last talked to her Saturday around two o’clock. Her boyfriend spoke to her around eight o’clock,“ Drexel said.

“She sent a text message to one of her friends around 9:15 p.m. and said she was going to see another friend who was staying at another hotel. She never came back,“ Drexel said. “It’s been almost 48 hours, and I’m really worried. We need everyone to be looking out for her.“

John Hahn a friend of Drexel’s family and a Marine stationed at Camp LeJeune, NC, contacted police on the family’s behalf to report her missing. Hanh drove down to Myrtle Beach to help Dawn Drexel and her parents look for the missing teen.
    “I’ve been friends with Britannee for a really really long time, we are very close friends. I’m trying to pray for the best but prepare for the worst,“ said Hahn.

Hahn and Drexel both tell News 13 that it is very unlike Brittanee to not keep in contact with family or friends. Drexel added that she has a bad feeling about what may have happened to her daughter.

“It’s horrible because all I can think about is that someone could’ve taken her, someone could’ve taken her out of state she could be laying dead somewhere. She is my first born and it’s just tearing me up inside, I’m just very very upset,“ said Drexel.

“I know for a fact that she wouldn’t just pack up and leave, leaving all of her belongings behind and not calling anybody,“ said Hahn.

According to the report, Drexel was staying with a group of friends at the Bar Harbor Hotel, 1010 N. Ocean Blvd. Since her disappearance, the group moved to the Boardwalk Hotel, located at 2301 N. Ocean Blvd.

Authorities handed out printed flyers of Brittanee’s picture to the beach’s watch patrol. Crews there said they are pretty heavily staffed at this time of the year, which makes it easy to do a search of any missing persons.

“With the water being as cold as it is and temperatures dropping at night it’s you know it’s very unlikely that she went for a swim or anything of that nature. We haven’t had any leads or any luck, we’ve been going up to different patrons doing pretty much everything that we can do out here to make sure she is not out on the beach or if she is we would definitely have found her by now,“said beach manager Wesley Cox.

“With the water being as cold as it is and temperatures dropping at night, it’s very unlikely that she went for a swim or anything of that nature.

Drexel is described as 5-feet tall, weighing 103 pounds. She has brown, shoulder-length, straight hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a multi-colored striped shirt, black shorts, and flip-flop sandals. She reportedly suffers from depression.

Police entered Drexel’s description into the National Crime Information Center database on Sunday.

Anyone with information on Drexel’s disappearance or whereabouts should contact the Myrtle Beach Police Department at (843) 918-1382.

Stay with News 13 and scnow.com for more on this story as details become available.
    http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/myrtle_beach_police_search_for_missing_new_york_te en/46665/

[/quote]

It just says he reported her missing on behalf of the family...

[quote author=hollisann link=topic=19642.msg1261885#msg1261885 date=1241024541]
    She was on a spring break trip with some of her friends - her mom told her she couldn't go, but she went anyhow.
    [/quote]

I hope she is found safe. Then, if I was her momma, I'd kill her.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Peter-Brozowitz/593856487?sid=0&ref=search

I can only see what he is a "fan" of tho

The Brittanee Back Story

Reported by: Ginny Ryan
    Email: gryan@13wham.com
    Last Update: 11:33 am

Dawn Drexel was near exhaustion and tears when I spoke to her. She had been awake since Saturday night when she drove to Myrtle Beach to try and find her 17-year old daughter Brittanee.

Imagine a call telling you your daughter is missing. Then imagine not knowing she is a 1,000 miles away.

Dawn Drexel told me Brittanee had asked to go to Myrtle Beach on Wednesday with friends. Mom said no. Brittanee persisted. Mom insisted: "No."

Any parent of teen can imagine what happened next or maybe just I can. An argument ensued. When it was over, and things calmed down, Brittanee asked to go to a friend's house to chill out. Dawn asked whose house and said “yes.”

The next day Dawn says, she called Brittanee and asked to speak with the dad of the girl she was staying with. A man got on the phone and said all was fine. The "man" as it turns out was a boy. Probably a friend posing as dad and by that time Brittanee could have been in Myrtle Beach.

Dawn and daughter kept in touch daily-- but Dawn was still in the dark. Friday, they spoke and "made up". Brittanee apologized and told her mom she loved her. Dawn did the same. All seemed pretty good.

Saturday, Dawn went to the store to buy Brittanee soccer cleats as her club season was beginning this week. She called Brittanee to see what kind she wanted. When Dawn asked "What are you doing?". Brittanee said she was at the beach. "Oh, Charlotte", said Dawn. "It's a beautiful day!"

The next call came from friends saying Brittanee could not be found. The cell phone in which mother and daughter kept in touch several times a day went unanswered. The clothes in her hotel room untouched and left behind.

Mom's gut tell her something is wrong. She is worried out of her mind. I can't imagine living with that feeling for three minutes let alone three days.

As a parent, as mad as you might be at your teen, the important thing is to find them first and make this right. Deal with the rest later.

When they're babies, no one imagines life as the parent of a teen, but once you're there, you realize just about anything can happen.

http://www.13wham.com/content/blogs/...ooa_bUfNA.cspx

Saturday, Dawn went to the store to buy Brittanee soccer cleats as her club season was beginning this week. She called Brittanee to see what kind she wanted. When Dawn asked "What are you doing?". Brittanee said she was at the beach. "Oh, Charlotte", said Dawn. "It's a beautiful day!"

What does "oh, Charlotte" mean?  Is that a beach in NY? 

Dawn was on Nancy Grace last night.  I can't imagine a girl like how they describe Brittanee knowing that and not calling her mom.  It makes me think that maybe she didn't run away. 

I hear that. Once they're teens, the hormones totally take them over.  I know, I've been there, and my Mom gave me the curse of "i hope you have a daughter just like YOU!" Well, I do, two of em  :lol:

I know alot of people don't like her but i'll post it anyway-

GRACE: And tonight, a 17-year-old high school beauty, a model student, soccer player vanishes into thin air spring break, Myrtle Beach. Her mother with us live. The critical first 72 hours passed. Still no sign of the missing high school junior. Tonight, where is Brittanee Drexel?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Brittanee Marie Drexel was in Myrtle Beach with a group of friends, went for a walk on the beach and never returned.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The kids that she was with are all older than her, and they have five different stories that they`re telling.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: According to police reports -- and friends that were hanging out with her told her that, you know, We switched from one hotel to the next hotel. Friends are telling police that that is the last time they had contact with her.

GRACE: She went back to this other hotel to see a friend she knew from home town Rochester. Did he say she appeared there? She showed up?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: That`s the statement he gave to police, saying that was the last contact he had with her and then she walked away. And after that, he never saw her. She said, I put him on the phone with the sheriff, gave him a different story, but then gave Don Drexel a different story. And then it turns out later on Saturday, around 1:00 o`clock, in the morning, he checks out. So that`s something the mother is saying, you know, she feels a little fishy about.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I think it is very, very shady that somebody decides to make a 17-hour drive back to Rochester, New York, at 2:00 o`clock in the morning, leaving clothes, liquor and a deposit back at the hotel.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We love you and we want you to come home.

GRACE: Everybody, I want to tell you about a missing high school junior out of Myrtle Beach there on her spring break. Take listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DAWN DREXEL, BRITTANEE`S MOTHER: Something is very, very wrong.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Myrtle Beach police are desperate to find missing 17-year old Brittanee Marie Drexel last seen with friends Saturday night around 8:00 p.m.

DREXEL: Hoping that we find her and she stays safe.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Police say Brittanee was walking on the beach towards her hotel after visiting a friend at another hotel a half mile away.

DREXEL: It is not like my daughter to not call. Brittanee wasn`t answering anybody and she had gotten one last text from her boyfriend and she never responded back. And this was from her leaving the hotel where she was at and then going to the other hotel where her friends were at. And she just never showed up. Someone who could have tooken (sic) her. She could be laying dead somewhere. It is horrible.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: With us tonight is a very special guest. Brittanee Drexel`s mother is with us, Dawn Drexel. Miss Drexel, thank you for being with us. What are police telling you?

DREXEL: You`re welcome. I had just returned from the police department not too long ago. They have some leads that they are going on. But they need to follow through with them.

GRACE: Now I know that you told your daughter, no, you cannot go to Myrtle Beach. So she went to Myrtle Beach. That`s not the worst thing in the world. Many a 17-year-old has gone off on spring break without telling their parents. But she stayed in contact with you. She stayed in touch with you for many, many days. Until when?

DREXEL: Until Saturday -- Saturday afternoon was the last time I spoke with Brittanee.

GRACE: Now, Miss Drexel, everyone with us, the mother of 17-year- old Brittanee Drexel. She goes away to Myrtle Beach on spring break and she has not been seen since. Miss Drexel, what is your understanding of the last time Brittanee was seen alive?

DREXEL: My understanding was, what had happened was she had went over to see a friend of hers at another hotel. And she had gotten a phone call from some girls that she had been staying with. And I guess she was wearing a pair of one of the girl`s shorts.

GRACE: Hold on just a second Miss Drexel. Everybody, we`re taking your calls and your tips tonight. That tip line is 843-918-1342. With us is Brittanee`s mom. A quick break as we go to break and we`ll be back with Brittanee`s mother.

Happy birthday to an 18-year-old, a New York friend of the show, model student, basketball superstar, volunteer at the holiday shop at his Catholic church, Nicky Torres. Happy birthday little Nicky, all grown up.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DREXEL: She`s my first born. It`s tearing me up inside. I`m very, very upset.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: She left Wednesday night apparently and kept contact with her mom up until Saturday.

DREXEL: I talked to her on Saturday and she said she was coming home. She said I`ll just see you tomorrow. And then she will me she loved me. And I told her I loved her.

GRACE: Saturday night she gets a call from her friend, John Hahn (ph) out of North Carolina. The mother gets a call from him saying Brittanee is missing.

DREXEL: She wouldn`t have left her clothes at the hotel where they were all staying at. So I know something is seriously wrong. I just don`t have enough information.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Several different people throughout the two-day period that I was down there investigating, reported that he has been changing his story. I don`t know him personally. I think it is very, very shady that somebody decides to make a 17-hour drive back to Rochester, New York, at 2:00 in the morning, leaving clothes liquor, and a deposit back at the hotel.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Straight out to Aisha Khan with WBTW. Aisha, what can you tell me about the last person she reportedly saw? The friend of hers, the male friend of hers from Rochester? Did he in fact change his story?

AISHA KHAN, REPORTER, WBTW: That`s what we`re hearing. That`s what he told -- he gave the mom a different story but then he gives the sheriff a different story and then checks out around 1:00, 2:00 in the morning and he is still in Rochester and that`s all we know. The only information we have as far as he`s concerned. We`re not sure if he`s cooperating with authorities at this point. And there is no word from our Myrtle Beach police here as well, that they have any contact with him. What I can tell you, that Jodi Barr (ph), my colleague got some new information regarding Brittanee. They`re saying, there`s witnesses at oceanfront bar and grill where Brittanee was last seen, the wait staff there say that she came in with a couple of friends on Saturday and Sunday afternoon and was dining there on Saturday. She came with three girls and four guys, had lunch and then came back on Sunday with three other girls and had lunch again. And after that, they say they never saw her.

GRACE: That is an unconfirmed sighting. But Aisha Khan, how many wait staff identified her?

KHAN: Well, like I said, as Jodi Barr, our reporter that helped me get this new information. They were a couple of wait staff that he talked to today and they are telling him that they did see Brittanee, that they saw a girl with blond hair, blue eyes. They`re describing Brittanee just like that, that she came in on Saturday afternoon with a couple of guys and a couple of girls. They had lunch. She came back again on Sunday afternoon around 3:00 and did the same. This time she came around with four girls. And after that, they say she left the restaurant and headed up north on Ocean Boulevard and they never saw her after that.

GRACE: Joining us now is Dr. Joseph Deltitto, professor of psychiatry, joining us out of New York. Dr. Deltitto, we`ve gotten so many calls and e-mails about when will they learn, especially after the Natalee Holloway case. But the reality is, these are teenagers. Of course they don`t suspect a monster around every corner. They don`t think like adults think.

DR. JOSEPH DELTITTO, PROFESSOR OF PSYCHIATRY: They`re very naive. I`m the father of an 18-year-old girl myself. I`ve gone through this, thankfully, a very good girl. But kids are very naive and they really think that evil comes packaged in such a way that you can identify it. And who knows who they get involved with, where they go, et cetera just normally. Now whether this girl for some other reason may have had poor judgment and high impulsivity, we know that she had a history of depression. I don`t know if she had manic depression. I don`t know if she was hypo manic. It sounds like alcohol might have been involve probably which can dis-inhibit someone. Who knows? But yes there are a lot of 18, 17-year-old girls that just don`t understand. And unfortunately, these events occur.

GRACE: At this juncture, there is no indication whatsoever that drugs or alcohol were involved in any way in this disappearance. I want to go back to the mother of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel. Dawn Drexel, your daughter has never gone this many days without being in touch with you, has she?

DREXEL: No, she has not.

GRACE: What can you tell me about the last time you heard from her? What did she say? What did she text?

DREXEL: The last time I heard from her, I was actually, she is a very avid soccer player. She`s played soccer for about 10 years. And I was buying her soccer cleats. And I had called her and I had spoke with her about what kind of cleats she wanted, what her size was because I was getting them in the men`s department. So I had spoke with her. Her younger sister was with me and we had, you know, texted her a picture message. She said she liked them. And when I spoke with Brittanee, I asked her what she was doing and she says, oh, mom, I`m at the beach. And it was an 80- degree day in Rochester. So of course, you know, I thought that maybe she was at the beach in Rochester with one of her girlfriends that she said that she was staying overnight. And then I said, what do you plan on doing later? She said I`m going to hang out with my friend. We`re going to watch a movie. And I told her, I said, well, please give me a call later and she said, OK, mom. And then I told her, I said I love you Brittanee. And she said I love you, mom. And then we hung up the phone.

GRACE: With me is the mother of 17-year old high school junior Brittanee Drexel. She`s missing off spring break, Myrtle Beach. Out to Victoria Freile, staff writer with the "Democrat and Chronicle" there in Rochester. Victoria, thank you for being with us. What can you tell us?

VICTORIA FREILE, STAFF WRITER, DEMOCRAT AND CHRONICLE: Well, it`s been an interesting case as it follows. It appears that some of her friends, the friends that she traveled down with, traveled back to New York on Sunday, some on Monday and police were pretty sure that they had all left the area, but here in Rochester in the (INAUDIBLE) county sheriff`s office is insisting by talking to some of them to see what they have to say.

GRACE: What can you tell me about the young man who apparently was the last to see her? He hightailed it around 2:00 a.m. from Myrtle Beach, back home to Rochester. Is he cooperating?

FREILE: When I talked to him on the phone today, he actually declined a comment and told me to speak to his attorney and hung up. However, he didn`t specify who his attorney was and we haven`t really been able to confirm that he indeed has an attorney.

GRACE: Back to Brittanee`s mom, Dawn Drexel. Is it your understanding he has not changed his story? Is he cooperating with police Miss Drexel?

DREXEL: As far as I know, these boys have cooperated. I believe that they have tooken statements from them. That`s about all I know.

GRACE: Everyone, tonight taking your calls. Brittanee`s mom. Dawn Drexel. This high school junior, a model student, soccer player, missing off spring break, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. These first 72 hours critical and they have passed.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DREXEL: It has been horrible because I don`t know where she is. I don`t know if she is alive. She left all her clothing, her hair stuff, everything. It is just not like Brittanee.

GRACE: Where is 17-year-old high school junior Brittanee Drexel? Take a look, absolutely beautiful, model student, soccer player, avid athlete. Out to the lines, Christine, Connecticut, hi, dear.

CALLER: Hi, Nancy.

GRACE: What`s your question?

CALLER: I used to live in that area when I was 17. And although there are a lot of crazies but there, there`s also a lot of street kids who come down for break and don`t leave. And I`m just wondering, does her mom think there is any chance she might have run away? If so, have the police talked to the known street kids that are there?

GRACE: I know that they have talked to the people she was there with. Dawn Drexel, she has never run away, has she?

DREXEL: No never.

GRACE: OK. Danielle, Missouri. Hi, Danielle.

CALLER: Hi.

GRACE: What`s your question, love?

CALLER: I want to know if she is on any medication for her depression? Is it out of the ordinary for her to run away?

GRACE: I can tell you right now she has never been away from home, run away before. Was she on any kind of medication Miss Drexel? I don`t know that I would have anything to do with it anyway.

DREXEL: No. I mean, it doesn`t have anything to do with it. She was but -- the -- right now I am going -- she`s just got a lot on her plate. She -- we are going through a divorce, me and her father are going through a divorce.

GRACE: Right. She was a young girl --

DREXEL: This has been very hard for her.

GRACE: She was a young girl that had been through a lot emotionally with a divorce. She was holding up very, very well, excelling in school and on the soccer field. Everyone, tip line 843 918-1382.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../28/ng.01.html

All I can say is that this is really hard.

My friend is friends with Brittaney, and this is really hard on everyone right now.'

But that's not enough for some people.  There's this dooshbag named Michael Crook who's writing some pretty nasty stuff:

http://www.michael-crook.com/2009/04/30/brittanee-drexel-wanted-it/

he's also done a video..

http://www.michael-crook.com/video_drexel

[quote author=theserverguru link=topic=19642.msg1262912#msg1262912 date=1241117316]

My friend is friends with Brittaney, and this is really hard on everyone right now.'

But that's not enough for some people.  There's this dooshbag named Michael Crook who's writing some pretty nasty stuff:

he's also done a video..

[/quote]

I can't get it to come up.  Can you post some of what he is saying?

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=19642.msg1262945#msg1262945 date=1241119922]
    I can't get it to come up.  Can you post some of what he is saying?
    [/quote]

The guy is nuts...I'm reading his message board, and he has some extreme views.  Basically he said Brittany deserved and wanted what she got, which is sex and dead  :|

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=19642.msg1262948#msg1262948 date=1241120036]
    The guy is nuts...I'm reading his message board, and he has some extreme views.  Basically he said Brittany deserved and wanted what she got, which is sex and dead  :|
    [/quote]

Thanks!  I hope someone is giving him a whatfor!!

mydeathspace

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=19642.msg1262948#msg1262948 date=1241120036]
    [/quote]

I have seen this moron's blog before. We may have talked about him before somewhere on the forum. I wonder if he can speak like that about a 17yr old?

I find his videos comical. He very well could be the ugliest man alive therefore he is entitled to act like a "dooshbag" on the internet. He's basically a Howard Stern wanna be.

Oh and LOL:

Hotel surveillance video checked for clues to missing teen

(CNN) -- Police are examining grainy hotel surveillance video and following up on new leads, including a reported sighting, in the case of a 17-year-old girl who traveled to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, for spring break last week and then disappeared.

The possible sighting of Brittanee Drexel was on a bus Wednesday morning in the Myrtle Beach area, according to police, who later showed photos of her to passengers.

As investigators try to build a timeline of the events leading to Brittanee's disappearance Saturday night, they are also scrutinizing hotel security video for signs of a young woman in distress, or other clues.

Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel, told HLN's Nancy Grace that she had forbidden the Rochester, New York, high school junior from going to Myrtle Beach, a popular destination for high school and college students on spring break.

Although they stayed in touch by phone and spoke on Saturday, Drexel said she believed the girl was in Rochester when she actually was in Myrtle Beach.

"I didn't have any idea that she was going to do this," Drexel said. "I do trust my daughter, and she needed to cool down a little bit because she was upset that I wasn't going to let her go."

Drexel said her daughter rode there in a car with several friends. She thinks Brittanee used money she had earned and borrowed to finance her trip.
    I really hope she's found alive. but i don't think she will be...

[quote author=theserverguru link=topic=19642.msg1262912#msg1262912 date=1241117316]

he's also done a video..

[/quote]

Where are you from?

I just wanted Brittanee's mother to know that she and her faimly are in my prayers.I pray that everything turns out ok and also for comfort.I belive God doesnt give us things that we can't handle.If we call upon him for help he will give it too us.Even when times are tough we must call upon him.He is are strength when we feel we dont have any left.He is are comfort and he does provide that for us all we have to do is ask.I hope this all works out and she comes home soon unharmed.My prayers and thoughts are with you everyday.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19642.msg1261183#msg1261183 date=1240950144]
    I think this one will be found alive in a motel room with a convicted sex offender.

I was spot on with the Sarah Cantu case, so I thought I'd try to guess the outcome of this case as well.
    [/quote]  You mean Sandra? Or is there another girl sarah. im out of the loop.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

I didnt see, did it say if her phone was found somewhere?

I wonder if they have tried to ping it...?
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19642.msg1262977#msg1262977 date=1241122828]
    I have seen this moron's blog before. We may have talked about him before somewhere on the forum. I wonder if he can speak like that about a 17yr old?

I find his videos comical. He very well could be the ugliest man alive therefore he is entitled to act like a "dooshbag" on the internet. He's basically a Howard Stern wanna be.

Oh and LOL:

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Ron maybe brought him up before, he probably came up during political debates or something. God, I read his message board, and think, how can a guy who thinks like that get laid...at all?  In this case here, he's obviously still butthurt over the popular soccer players not wanting to give him the time of day.

that michael crook guy reminds me of sloth from the goonies

[quote author=itsmegan link=topic=19642.msg1264335#msg1264335 date=1241243328]
    that michael crook guy reminds me of sloth from the goonies
    [/quote]

yeah I know, he looks totally *off*  like when he taped himself laying down, he looked creepy. Fucking epitome of the boogieman, that guy totally is doing it right.

still havent found her though...

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/884102.html
    Cell-phone signal led searchers to river to look for missing N.Y. girl

A cell-phone signal led authorities to the South Santee River in Georgetown County this weekend to search for a missing New York girl, but neither the phone nor the girl has been found, authorities said as they continued their efforts this afternoon.

Brittanee Marie Drexel's cell phone was not in use when it gave off its last signal Sunday near U.S. 17 and the Charleston County line, and investigators do not know how it got to the area, said Sheriff Lane Cribb in a brief news conference at the search site. Phones normally give off a signal until their batteries run out, he said.

About 50 people - including the S.C. Department of Natural Resources, rescue dog teams and private search groups - are now searching for the 17-year-old Rochester girl in about a 6- or 7-mile area, officials said. Helicopters, land and water teams are all looking for her, but no signs have been found, Cribb said.
    search3 search4 search5 search2 search1
    Rachael Stein, friend of Brittanee Marie Drexel, hangs a missing poster across the street from the Bar Harbour Motel on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach. Drexel was staying at the Bar Harbour Motel when she went missing Sunday. Stein traveled to Myrtle Beach on Monday with a group of friends and family to help look for Drexel. Photo by Sabree Hill for the Democrat and Chronicle.

Drexel was reported missing Sunday after she was last seen leaving one Myrtle Beach hotel on foot but failed to show up at another one. She is still considered a missing person, and police are continuing to speak to people around the hotels in hopes of finding someone who saw her
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

Was it pinging from that site for a period of time or moving and that was the last place it pinged?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=19642.msg1264843#msg1264843 date=1241297152]
    Was it pinging from that site for a period of time or moving and that was the last place it pinged?
    [/quote]
    God forbid we get a fair amount of airtime for this lost teenager.  Caylee is still dead so this poor girl will never make primetime headlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=19642.msg1265083#msg1265083 date=1241309288]
    God forbid we get a fair amount of airtime for this lost teenager.  Caylee is still dead so this poor girl will never make primetime headlines.
    [/quote]

That's why I love my true crime blog habit so much, I get a broader view of who's missing, instead of the selected missing. I wish my English skills weren't so rusty, I'd love to have a true crime blog of my own. *le sigh*

A Myspace page made for her.

http://www.myspace.com/brittaneemariedrexel

[quote author=taraxlee link=topic=19642.msg1265354#msg1265354 date=1241355638]
    A Myspace page made for her.

http://www.myspace.com/brittaneemariedrexel
    [/quote]

good find!  but the spelling on that page makes my  :2eyesbleed:  One of the comments has myrtle spelled "mertle."  TWICE.

Thread Information